Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:25 PM

Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander (16997 Views)

Buhari Observing Eid Prayer In Daura (Photos) / Lai Mohammed 'lai'-ed On Daura, Says PDP / Caption This Photo Of Muhammadu Buhari Getting Set To Inspect His Farm In Daura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander by Shine1177: 3:02pm On May 17, 2013
3 soldiers, several gunmen killed in Daura attack – Army
Kaduna – The Nigerian Army on Friday confirmed that three soldiers were killed in an attack by gunmen in Daura, Katsina State.

Maj.-Gen. Garba Wahab, General Officer Commanding (GOC) 1 Division, Nigerian Army, who disclosed this to newsmen in Kaduna, said several of the attackers were also killed.

He said that the army and other security personnel had cordoned off three areas in the city and were conducting a house-to-house search “to fish out some of the wounded gunmen who forced their way into peoples’ homes’’’.

He also said that the army was coordinating with security agencies in Niger Republic as “80 to 90 per cent of these gun men are not Nigerians’’.

Wahab said the gunmen had attacked four banks and stole some money, adding that a vehicle loaded with the stolen cash was recovered, in addition to four AK-47 rifles.

He said that the operation to fish out the culprits was ongoing, and advised residents of Daura and the neighbouring local government areas of Baure, Sandamu, Mashi, and Dutsi to cooperate with security agents by reporting suspicious movements around them.

“What happened this morning is similar to what happened in Bama where the gunmen burnt prison and police stations to divert attention,’’ he said.

Wahab appealed to journalists to support security agencies in the fight against terror, saying it was the collective responsibility of all well-meaning Nigerians to work for the peace and stability of the nation.

“Let us stop patronising criminality. Whether they are terrorists or armed bandits, the truth is that they are against the Nigerian state, and that is the bottom line’,’’ he added. (NAN)

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/3-soldiers-several-gunmen-killed-in-daura-attack-army/

1 Like

Re: Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander by lifestyle1(m): 3:04pm On May 17, 2013
Rich4god:
What drugs are you on...

multivitamin undecided

so ?
Re: Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander by gamechanger1: 3:04pm On May 17, 2013
13volts: FURTHER UPDATES

My source who is taking part in the operation is telling me that the number of gunmen killed by MOPOL are more than 10, as more bodies are recovered inside the bushes.

Similarly, local villagers have join in the manhunt of the feeling suspects after they the locals arrested 3 of the gunmen that abandoned their rifles in order to mingle among them.

Welldone to those villagers, this is the kind of response required for this kind of problem, not the disgusting rubbish the northern elders are saying

1 Like

Re: Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander by lifestyle1(m): 3:05pm On May 17, 2013
emmysenior:

An1.mal.

who be this one ? undecided you well ?
Re: Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander by Abrakhan: 3:14pm On May 17, 2013
Lilimax: All Northern states are gradually becoming a terrorist enclave undecided undecided.
My people over there should come down south if you love yourself sad
But south south states are already terrorist states since. grin
Lilimax: All Northern states are gradually becoming a terrorist enclave undecided undecided.
My people over there should come down south if you love yourself sad
But south south states are already terrorist states since.
Re: Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander by Abrakhan: 3:18pm On May 17, 2013
Shine1177:

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/3-soldiers-several-gunmen-killed-in-daura-attack-army/
God ll reveal every one that involved in this insecurity in the North.
Re: Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 17, 2013
Mopol go come still the money wey those guys labor for. Damn!!
Re: Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander by Abrakhan: 3:21pm On May 17, 2013
Shine1177:

Fish them out they are enemies of state
buggers.
Re: Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander by Joyfullyme: 3:26pm On May 17, 2013
RIP to the dead and my condolence to their families.
Well done villagers God bless una. Una dey reduce the bad name of Abokis smaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall.
Gallant 27!!! Gallant 27!!! Carry on una done make Nigeria proud.
Re: Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander by freecocoa(f): 3:28pm On May 17, 2013
Walahi I dey fear, my God!

This is way more than serious.
Re: Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander by mrperfect(m): 3:43pm On May 17, 2013
When would there be a solution to all these killings here and there in the north.
Re: Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander by thoniann(m): 3:52pm On May 17, 2013
It is quite glaring the North wants out of this geographical entrapment called NIGERIA. What better thing to do than call for a referendum to split.
Re: Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander by Nobody: 4:29pm On May 17, 2013
Hello Goodluck,

As you have started this journey, may God Almighty in His infinite mercies abide and be with you till the end. May God flush out the Boko Haram boys and their big ogas ben.... May they Rot in their bones, May the dogs drag their carcass in the streets of Katsina and Borno... May their children give them heartaches during their lifetime. May they have constant migraine that knows no bound... More and more will happen to them because they know no peace and so they are Antichrist...

God Bless Nigeria....

And if dem no want, make d parasites carry their leg waka go... we no want aboki if dem no want One Nigeria...

God Bless Nigeria again...

I see a new Nigeria in 7 years... Oh God Bless Nigeria once again
Re: Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander by rawtruth(m): 5:20pm On May 17, 2013
walakolobo: LACASA, a NairaLander. said the attack was by GEJ to kill Buhari.

Is LACASA not yet tired of that expired piece of propagnda? Most of his likes have since slumped into bewildered and confused silence that normally accompanies derisive hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander by rawtruth(m): 5:33pm On May 17, 2013
Don Demu: Mopol go come still the money wey those guys labor for. Damn!!

Make una come see sick jealousy here oo. Na money be your wahala, when people de praise them for good job, you de talk about money. Oya, go join boko haram to break banks. You no well!

2 Likes

Re: Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander by dayokanu(m): 5:37pm On May 17, 2013
Is this real?
Re: Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander by solopumpy227: 6:25pm On May 17, 2013
dayokanu: Is this real?
dayokanu: Is this real?

But seriously it could be true but wait a minute...Daura? This FG? Hahh I am waiting for more information...
Re: Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander by imperiouxx(m): 7:43pm On May 17, 2013
13volts:

My post on the riot in Abuja was not a lie, we had anti GEJ demonstration in Abuja led by Dino. I might have used the wrong headline, but remember I was the first person that broke the news on Nassarawa police killing and all what I wrote turn out to be true.

My updates on Daura attack is 100% facts, they are not on any media or news blog but just wait some couple of hours and the feedback will be coming. Besides, I still have some couple updates to post, but am waiting for more clarification from my other sources.

Yea, I can remember this guy broke the Nasarawa news. Kudos brother.
Re: Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander by globalaid(m): 9:55pm On May 17, 2013
@13volt, you are on point my brother. thanks for the update it is 100 percent correct
Re: Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander by maclatunji: 11:40pm On May 17, 2013
ArQueBusieR:
Like they need to hear it from you - the armchair general. I know these men, they're not clueless.

To be honest, so far they have been. They should have told GEJ in clear terms that his previous abdicratic attitude was leading to the loss of lives of their men assuming they do not care much about we civilians.

Now, that he is trying to fight, the opposition has grown and is well-entrenched.
Re: Updates On Daura Attack By Gunmen From A Nairalander by romania: 7:23am On May 18, 2013
maclatunji:

To be honest, so far they have been. They should have told GEJ in clear terms that his previous abdicratic attitude was leading to the loss of lives of their men assuming they do not care much about we civilians.

Now, that he is trying to fight, the opposition has grown and is well-entrenched.

Wetin this one dey talk self?!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2019: Buhari Meets APC Governors In Daura Today / Boko Haram: Oritsejafor, Adeboye, Oyedepo Spits Fire! / Reno Omokri Reacts To Hausa Man's Comment As Buhari Addresses Nigerians In Hausa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.