Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,570 members, 7,801,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? (3531 Views)

Can You Wash Your Mum's/dad's Underwears? (gusy/girls) / For The LADIES: Do You Wash Your Undies While Bathing. / Ladies Can You Wash Your Husband Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by okwutency(m): 7:44pm On May 17, 2013
Hmmm... Can't just believe what my lodge girls were bragging about...they'll not be washing their husband's cloths and the man will be washing it from the day they come into the house. They were just forming hard ppl wey no send anybody... Along the line it was like i'm not civilized but honestly i thought it's one of the most do for the wife.

To me, my woman must wash my cloths o no matter what.

What about you?
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 17, 2013
okwutency: Hmmm... Can't just believe what my lodge girls were bragging about...they'll not be washing their husband's cloths and the man will be washing it from the day they come into the house. They were just forming hard ppl wey no send anybody... Along the line it was like i'm not civilized but honestly i thought it's one of the most do for the wife.

What about you?

Guy, try buy washing machine ok. Costs about sixty thousand naira and your wife will have more time to spend with you in bed. Think of the investment and the potential return. She will be tired less often and you can spend that time doing whatever you like.

8 Likes

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by bebe2(f): 7:57pm On May 17, 2013
a
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 17, 2013
Nashville:

Guy, try buy washing machine ok.

Dat's all.

Please close thread now.

4 Likes

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by bebe2(f): 7:59pm On May 17, 2013
u see ur life, u never even marry u don dey plan suffer for the poor woman.

7 Likes

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by okwutency(m): 8:02pm On May 17, 2013
Nashville:

Guy, try buy washing machine ok. Costs about sixty thousand naira and your wife will have more time to spend with you in bed. Think of the investment and the potential return. She will be tired less often and you can spend that time doing whatever you like.

your idea was quite excellent but they also said that even if you buy machine, who will iron it, that they don't have such energy.
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by okwutency(m): 8:05pm On May 17, 2013
bebe2: u see ur life, u never even marry u don dey plan suffer for the poor woman.
lol... I'm not planning to suffer her but there are things that is meant for the ladies na.
Just take it from me, my wife will be the happiest woman on earth.
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 17, 2013
ileobatojo:

Dat's all.

Please close thread now.
exactly.moreover there are people who do laundary.
@ op the world is fast changing.its not what it used to be during the times of our parents and grand parents so live with it.i doubt whether village girls sef will do it because their eye don dey open.corpers don open their eyes cheesy

1 Like

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 17, 2013
okwutency:
your idea was quite excellent but they also said that even if you buy machine, who will iron it, that they don't have such energy.
the people that do laundary.whenever i am at home my father sends me to drop his clothes for ironing at the laundary which costs about 15o naira for 1o clothes

2 Likes

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by okwutency(m): 8:21pm On May 17, 2013
kulyie: exactly.moreover there are people who do laundary.
@ op the world is fast changing.its not what it used to be during the times of our parents and grand parents so live with it.i doubt whether village girls sef will do it because their eye don dey open.corpers don open their eyes cheesy
hmmm... This is serious.
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by taryour(f): 8:41pm On May 17, 2013
Nashville:

And when there is no cash to get the washing machine nko?wunt she wash her hubby cloths before they get a machine??
@op yes its the woman duty to keep her hubby clothes clean at all times, I did my hubby laundry including mine and my sons before I got a washing machine. All fingers aint equal so not every family can afford all this washing machine,dish washer,vacuum cleaners,e.t.c. Every woman should know her matrimonial duties before getting married to avoid unwanted and unreasonable trouble.
I just pity all this young single ladies who think marriage is forever smooth with constant flow of cash.

6 Likes

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by greatgod2012(f): 8:47pm On May 17, 2013
okwutency:

What about you?

i can wash my hubby's cloth, infact i do, but not to a man who speak like the above................"no matter what o".....what for am i a slave, is that why i get married to him, is he amputated.........any man's request that ends with this type of assertion will have to sort himself out on anything.
Action and reaction are equal and opposite.
May God help us all.

12 Likes

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by greatgod2012(f): 8:57pm On May 17, 2013
taryour:

And when there is no cash to get the washing machine nko?wunt she wash her hubby cloths before they get a machine??
@op yes its the woman duty to keep her hubby clothes clean at all times, I did my hubby laundry including mine and my sons before I got a washing machine. All fingers aint equal so not every family can afford all this washing machine,dish washer,vacuum cleaners,e.t.c. Every woman should know her matrimonial duties before getting married to avoid unwanted and unreasonable trouble.
I just pity all this young single ladies who think marriage is forever smooth with constant flow of cash.

yes, my sister, i agree its woman's duty to wash her hubby's cloths, i did before we get washing machine and im still doing it right now with washing machine, but i cant do it for a man who speaks about it like this.......

okwutency:

What about you?

afterall, im not a slave, i deserve some respect, and remember, action and reaction are equal and opposite.

1 Like

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by greatgod2012(f): 8:57pm On May 17, 2013
taryour:

yes, my sister, i agree its woman's duty to wash her hubby's cloths, i did before we get washing machine and im still doing it right now with washing machine, but i cant do it for a man who speaks about it like this.......

okwutency:

What about you?

afterall, im not a slave, i deserve some respect, and remember, action and reaction are equal and opposite.

2 Likes

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 17, 2013
taryour:

and thats one of the numerous reasons a single lady needs to use her common sense by not jumping into the bandwagon of the mrs club by empowering herself economically and otherwise before saying i do because its bad enough leaving my father house where i am comfortable in and start living where i will be feeling uncomfortable omo kojo rara.if things are not economcally ok for my husband i dont have to ask him for everything,thats why i am working,to live a good life of comfort,i will go and get it myself.i am not going with the mindset of managing and patching things up,i am going into marriage to play my responsibilities as a wife within the boundaries of rationality and live a life of comfort as simple as that.if mr kulyie says he doesnt have the money for washing machine,i will get it.i am not part of the women that will go into a marriage empty handed or economically half baked or dependant on a man

9 Likes

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Aafulenu(f): 9:17pm On May 17, 2013
i don't knw about other families but in the house i grew up, my dad washes his own clothes, infact he hates it when someone does his laundry likewise my mum. thus everybody washes their clothes themselves, whether by hand or machine. the only issue is ironing which anyone who is free can do, whether mumsy or popsy

5 Likes

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 9:20pm On May 17, 2013
greatgod2012:

you are right.his manner of approach too is a determining factor whether i will wash it or not.there is nothing wrong if mr kulyie says hey sweet,please i am going to so so place on sunday and i want to wear this coth,could you help me wash it and i will gladly do it,infact ill say with all pleasure but if he has a rude approach.....ish
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 17, 2013
you are on point, there is no big deal in washing your husband's cloth, knowing he can do the same for you, but when he sounds like this poster, its really time to patronize the laundry man.

1 Like

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 17, 2013
Warra topic sad
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 17, 2013
It's no biggie washing my husby clothes, I can do it with all sense of joy, cos its my duty to make him look clean and trendy at all times...thank God, I av a washing machine... grin
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 11:07pm On May 17, 2013
kulyie: and thats one of the numerous reasons a single lady needs to use her common sense by not jumping into the bandwagon of the mrs club by empowering herself economically and otherwise before saying i do because its bad enough leaving my father house where i am comfortable in and start living where i will be feeling uncomfortable omo kojo rara.if things are not economcally ok for my husband i dont have to ask him for everything,thats why i am working,to live a good life of comfort,i will go and get it myself.i am not going with the mindset of managing and patching things up,i am going into marriage to play my responsibilities as a wife within the boundaries of rationality and live a life of comfort as simple as that.if mr kulyie says he doesnt have the money for washing machine,i will get it.i am not part of the women that will go into a marriage empty handed or economically half baked or dependant on a man

Kulyie I could kiss you for this post!!! Seriously can't remember the last time I was so excited about a post. You have said my mind word for freaking word!! Some women need to liberate themselves economically abeg!

1 Like

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 17, 2013
kulyie: and thats one of the numerous reasons a single lady needs to use her common sense by not jumping into the bandwagon of the mrs club by empowering herself economically and otherwise before saying i do because its bad enough leaving my father house where i am comfortable in and start living where i will be feeling uncomfortable omo kojo rara.if things are not economcally ok for my husband i dont have to ask him for everything,thats why i am working,to live a good life of comfort,i will go and get it myself.i am not going with the mindset of managing and patching things up,i am going into marriage to play my responsibilities as a wife within the boundaries of rationality and live a life of comfort as simple as that.if mr kulyie says he doesnt have the money for washing machine,i will get it.i am not part of the women that will go into a marriage empty handed or economically half baked or dependant on a man

Tell them!! Help out and get the best OR stay home and patch patch slash manage 2day old soup and NO WHINNING ABOUT IT Period!!

1 Like

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Daresh(f): 11:53pm On May 17, 2013
okwutency:

Egba mi o! Why do men like to think they married slaves? I have my washer and my husband irons his clothes. He irons mine and the children's clothes. I cook his food. It's a partnership bubba. Stop looking at woman as ur slave.

6 Likes

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 12:53am On May 18, 2013
Make una just marry una level, simple.
Hope you won't be eying your woman's money in the process. Mr man of the house. cheesy
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 6:57am On May 18, 2013
jidegirl12:

Tell them!! Help out and get the best OR stay home and patch patch slash manage 2day old soup and NO WHINNING ABOUT IT Period!!
gbam
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 7:04am On May 18, 2013
ileobatojo:

Kulyie I could kiss you for this post!!! Seriously can't remember the last time I was so excited about a post. You have said my mind word for freaking word!! Some women need to liberate themselves economically abeg!
exactly.there are some women that are still economically dependent on a man and will be joining feminist organizations,i always laugh at them because we all know they are deceiving themselves.if you dont want domination,exploitation or be the victim,a woman needs to empower herself financially and otherwise however this is not to say the man will not support once in a while.when the going is good for the man,he can help the woman out financially and if things are smiling for the wife,she too can help out with humility not a sense of doing him a favour,thats what yorubas call biborayinlasiri- complementing each other to make life easy for both parties
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by damiso(f): 7:35am On May 18, 2013
Oga so washing clothes(the most mundane of issues)is one of your criteria in picking a wife?

If na so i for tey for my papa house,i love cleaning,cooking but absolutely HATE laundry.With washing machine sef.Sorting,loading,hanging(only use dryer in the winter),folding,then onto next load esp with two under5's.How i wish i drop my clothes in the basket and they magically appear clean and ironed back in my wardrobe grin.My husband knows its my weakness so sometimes as soon as i load he will hang cos he knows the thing can stay there for another 6 hrs
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 8:48am On May 18, 2013
A woman being independent is good but that doesn't mean that if you find who you want to marry at a younger age,you shouldnt marry because you want to be independent first .The point is choosing carefully so you don't end up with a fellow that would be an impediment to your dreams.

I got married to my hubby in my year1 at the Uni , he was only 5yrs older . Did that make him see me as a liability?hell no!did that stop me from having kids while still in school ?a big no,did I over stay, no!.Now,that am serving ,did marriage in any way stop me from submitting my CV in hope of getting a job?no! he even wanted me to go for masters immediately but I can't because I feel he has beared the burden alone for long, hence ,I prefer to get a Job first.Mind you that he never for one day whined about how much he has spent,as a matter of fact, catering for the family alone didn't stop him from indulging me with several good things of life that women love.
He leaves his cash to be spent at my discretion and doesn't t hesitate to point out when am trying to save too much.

My point is,don't marry an A hole and think that the fact that you can cater for yourself will make him less A-holic,the koko is for the single to choose wisely.My mum was skeptical when I wanted to get married but now ,she has realized that my decision was the best for me,as my marriage did not impede my growth in anyway.A good man will propel you to success irrespective of who is paying the bills .Seriously,being independent does not make a man respect a woman,a man who has no respect for you will not suddenly develop it because you are independent.independence will only help you move on when the going goes awry.

I am a big advocate of women being independent, that doesn't necessarily mean it ll make a man who doesn't respect you to respect you.it will only make the family burden easier for the man. single ladies should choose carefully, respect is ingrained,if he respects you, he respects you, your not contributing financially cannot alter that once you don't make ridiculous demands.A good woman will naturally command respect,no one will respect you,if you disregard yourself. Marrying a man with family values,a man with no doubt in your abilities,one who has natural love and respect for you will go a long way.

OP please pardon my digression, I needed to say this.

6 Likes

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by okwutency(m): 8:51am On May 18, 2013
taryour:

NA ONLY YOU BE REAL AFRICAN WOMAN. THANK GOD FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU.
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by okwutency(m): 8:57am On May 18, 2013
greatgod2012:

I said it that way because of how my lodge girls were saying....it does doesn't mean that i'm being authoritative over her but there things that she has to do as my wife.
Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by Nobody: 9:06am On May 18, 2013
I hope you won't be leaving your jeans for your wife to washoooooo,A man should wash his thick clothes abeg when there is no machine.Her responsibilities should be tampered with consideration.

1 Like

Re: Will You Wash Your Husband's Cloths? by eagleeye2: 9:11am On May 18, 2013
see question ohh...... me wey never marry and babes dey come my house dey wash my cloth. So if I settle for any of these babes who has been helping me out with laundry and cooking, the babe go come dey form say she no fit wash again?
Op, if you are anything like me, you will not date the type of your lodge girls.
Which one be bring woman come house to suffer?
washing now equates to suffering?
For her pale house she no dey wash cloth?
Abeg make I hear.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

If Your Wife Delivers An Abnormal Child What'll Be Your Action? / What Tribe Or Ethnicity Do You Get Mistaken For. / Please Help "Strange Cuts Marks" Pictures Inside

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.