Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets (13158 Views)

Poverty Forced Us Into Baby Factory Business – Suspects (Pictured) / Nine Pregnant Girls Arrested In Enugu After Police Raided Baby Factory (pic) / ISIS Release Shocking Photo Of Baby Dressed As A Fighter With Bomb On His Chest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by neily(f): 9:08am On May 18, 2013
A baby delivery syndicate was recently unearthed by the Police and a key suspect arrested and paraded in Lagos, alongside two other women who were believed to have paid certain sums of money respectively, to be delivered of babies.

Forty three years old Joy Ibe who lives at Ajah area of Lagos, said she has been married for 18 years without any issues, a dilemma that prompted her to run up and down seeking for fruit of the womb, until she came in contact with a Port Harcourt based 50- year old woman identified as Oby George, who was noted for helping women deliver babies after paying an agreed amount of money to her.

Joy told news men how she met Oby, and what followed after that: “one of my neighbours visited Nigeria and heard about Oby, after she travelled back to the Unites States, she text me Obi’s number and asked me to contact her if I am interested.

I called up Oby and told her my problems, she gave me her address to come and meet her in Port-Harcourt. When I got to Port-Harcourt and met with her, she gave me some herbs which I took until it was time for me to deliver. I paid her N2, 700.000 for triplets.

The only signs I have as a pregnant woman is my swollen tommy and legs which you can see, I still see my period sometimes. I have not gone to the hospital for scan, because the instruction given to me was that the scan will not be able to identify the babies in the womb.

On the day I was arrested by the police, Obi had invited me to Port-Harcourt for check-up, so she could ascertain if I am due for delivery. I went and she checked me, after that she said I was not due, that I have to wait for a little longer. But because it was late for me to travel back to Lagos that very day, she said I should pass the night at her house, I obliged, that was when the police came and arrested us. From what I am seeing right now, I don’t believe that I am pregnant despite my swollen tommy and legs.

Another victim, a 61 years old woman identified as Cecilia Adesope who has not had issues before, told newsmen that she was brought to Oby, by a woman still at large, who had told her Oby would be able to help her, she was asked to go to Port-harcourt for delivery, after she paid the sum of N1,500.000.

“When I got to Port-harcourt for delivery, which was after the pregnancy period, I was given something like a fish to chew, after I did, I felt like going to the toilet. When I got out of the toilet, I was asked to lie down and push with all my power, after that I heard cries of babies. I also noticed some blood on my private part, and was given a pad to use.

I did not go to the hospital during the pregnancy period, because I was instructed not to do so, as the hospital scan will not see the babies.

How I was arrested
when I returned to Lagos with my set of twin babies, I decided to take them to the hospital for inoculation injections. The hospital management must have suspected that I did not really give birth to the babies, because as we were waiting for the injection, the police came and arrested me.

Oby George’s story:
The Port-Harcourt based 50-year old woman identified as the person that has been ‘helping women deliver children’ also gave her account of the part she played in Mama Cecilia Adesope’s case: “Cecilia was brought to me by one Mrs Okoro now at large, who has been treated, she pleaded with me to help her deliver a set of twin babies. That all her life she has not had any child of her own, that she is desperate.

Mrs Okoro told me that we should use my apartment since her husband was around and she does not want him to know about this issue. So I agreed and the sum of N1,500.000 was paid into my account for the job. On her due date, she travelled down to Port-Harcourt and we all went to my place. I gave her some herbs to chew after which she went to the toilet, she got out, we asked her to lie down and push with all her might while I held her hands. At a point, we used a razor blade to give her some tear so that blood will come out, and make the whole thing look real. Mrs Okoro then brought the babies, whom she had arranged from somwhere, that was when Mama heard the cries of babies.

When asked how she met Mrs Okoro, Obi told newsmen that she knows Mrs Okoro very well, as both of them work together in ‘helping women deliver’.
Oby who told newsmen she has been in this business for over a year said she could not remember the number of children she had helped women deliver.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/i-paid-n2700-000-for-triplets-says-victim-of-baby-factory/

Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by tpia5: 9:54am On May 18, 2013
Somebody living in AMERICA believes a scan cannot see a baby in the womb?

Wahala dey.

8 Likes

Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by bebe2(f): 11:37am On May 18, 2013
Only in nigeria, smh

But, for a country wit so many churches, some nigerian are pure Evil.

2 Likes

Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by Beautifulemi(f): 11:38am On May 18, 2013
God save us from these kind of people in 9ja.
Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by Angel778(f): 11:39am On May 18, 2013
What is this world turning to 4 christ sake?!
Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by Input(m): 11:40am On May 18, 2013
tpia@:

Wahala dey.
Its not about 'AMERICA',its about the modalities of believe

2 Likes

Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by esther4real(f): 11:43am On May 18, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by cold(m): 11:45am On May 18, 2013
The only issue i see here is that surrogacy has not been legalised in Nigeria. If the ladies are under no compulsion but got pregnant on their own volition for a fee to give the baby away after birth,i see nothing wrong with it in so far as stringent measures had been put in place to prevent child trafficking.
It's done in other climes

2 Likes

Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by chrisdoller(m): 11:51am On May 18, 2013
Desperation can realy make one act insane and stupid.justice 2 dem

1 Like

Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by akatonero(m): 11:51am On May 18, 2013
No good news times from Nigeria these days.its Soo sad!!!
Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by Nobody: 11:52am On May 18, 2013
For the love of money - Easy E.
Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by WIZGUY69(m): 11:54am On May 18, 2013
KAI! WAHALA DEY! *in aboki's voice*.....

1 Like

Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by Sijo01(f): 11:56am On May 18, 2013
This baby baby issues is geting out of hand.
Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by splashbaby(m): 11:58am On May 18, 2013
Where do they get all these children from?

1 Like

Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by nisot23(f): 12:00pm On May 18, 2013
They chew herbs that give them swollen tommies and legs....only God knows what those herbs really are and what damage it has done to their bodies.

1 Like

Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by dulphines: 12:06pm On May 18, 2013
#Breaks kolanut and chew#
Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by okoraforaboy: 12:08pm On May 18, 2013
abeg,i am a baby making machine,i can produce 20 babies for women in not less than 5 rounds of hot Bleep.

1 Like

Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by nekaa(f): 12:17pm On May 18, 2013
Now this is fresh... And stup!d too.. .
Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by Napolitano(m): 12:48pm On May 18, 2013
The game was simple, they got herbs that swells womens' belly up. Give it to their clients, after nine months perform a fake delivery for them and present them with new-born babies born by young ladies somewhere. Desperation in Nigeria is getting to madness indeed.

1 Like

Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by Nobody: 1:10pm On May 18, 2013
tpia@:

Wahala dey.

The thing tire me. Smh

My people perish cos of lack of knowledge
Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by uhuns: 1:13pm On May 18, 2013
this type of story is more than 7yrs old in ph.we here them now and then.
site owner remove item 17 frm menu.
Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by donlyone(m): 1:28pm On May 18, 2013
Is barenness increasing in Nigeria? This baby business trend is really disturbing.
Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by greall1: 1:51pm On May 18, 2013
i know the girl in blue(gift)
Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by BlackSwan: 2:14pm On May 18, 2013
greall1: i know the girl in blue(gift)
Those people are easy to recognise by those that know them very well. I don't know why they think the black rectangle will protect their identities.
Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 18, 2013
These women are no victims
The buyer and seller came with unclean hands
They are just as guilty as the people duping them

1 Like

Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by Nobody: 2:24pm On May 18, 2013
splashbaby: Where do they get all these children from?

That is the question
Some are stolen from mothers in hospitals
Some are from teenage mothers ,people's maids,orphan girls
Some from parents selling their own babies

I advise any mother with young babies in Nigeria to guard them 24/7
Baby business is now big business

I heard a story the other day that broke my heart to pieces cry cry cry
A young teenage orphan all the way from Calabar was working as a maid and her madam saw that she had become pregnant
The girl gave birth and the madam sold the baby for 500k then passed off the maid to her own mother in the village and the maid got pregnant again
The woman that brought the maid could not be traced so basically this little girl has become a baby making money machine for this wicked family
The evil in Nigeria is beyond imagination.how can someone created by God use a helpless Orphan in this manner
There are some people you wish will just die painful deaths
Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 18, 2013
You thought baby selling business was bad
How about when the sellers are the parents and grandparents of the baby

Lagos rescues four children sold for N60, 000 by parents

[size=18pt]Lagos state government, yesterday said it rescued no fewer than four children in the last one year sold by their parents and guardians for a minimum of N60, 000, to aid their financial needs.[/size]

The state government however said that 187 cases of child abuse and domestic violence were reported and treated by the state government in the year under review.

Deputy Governor of Lagos state, Mrs. Adejoke Orelope-Adefulire disclosed this at the 2013 ministerial Press Briefing held in Alausa,Ikeja, to commemorate the sixth year anniversary of Governor BabatundeFashola's administration.

Adefulire who also doubles as the Commissioner for Women Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, WAPA, said that the last one was rescued by the government six months ago, adding "the child was rescued where it was sold by her grandmother for N 300, 000."

According to her, "the state government also rescued four children sold for a minimum of N60, 000. The last was rescued about six months ago but we have also rescued the child who was sold for about N300, 000. This child we rescued is nine months old now. Those children are in our homes and we have sent them back to school, to continue their studies. When their parents are ready, they will come forward to reclaim their babies. I remember that I brought this issue to the state government six months ago. The woman who bought the child travelled to America and we had to wait for her to return and we collected the baby from her.

"Presently, we are investigating a woman now who we suspected bought all the five children in her custody".

She assured residents of the state that government will never relent in ensuring that issues relating to child care wouldn't be treated with levity. She further disclosed that the state government has concluded plans to establish a special mother centre where young girls who were forced into pregnancy can be taken care of until they deliver their babies.

"Also we created a mini-clinic closer to the centre because they may want to deliver their babies at the midnight.

"After delivery, we will keep their babies for about five years. These children will be living in our motherless home. We believe that by then, they must have been able to acquire funds to cater for the children. Sometimes, this may be the only child they will be able to give birth to",she emphasized.

She explained that this will help curb issues of sold babies that may occur in the state.

"Orelope-Adefulire warned that the state government would intensifying its enforcement of the Child Right Law and other laws related to domestic violence in the state."She noted that the state government recently embark on investigation and it discovered that some residents of the state have become agents to child trafficking in the state.

"The deputy Governor warned that there wouldn't be any hiding place for rapist and others violating the state laws in the state."ON THE CHILD ABUSE AND OTHJER CASES"On the breakdown, she said "Giving a breakdown of the statistics, Orelope-Adefulire said "53 cases of child trafficking/labour, sexual abuse; 43, Child Custody, 33; child neglect 13, sale baby 2, physical abuse 37 and teenage pregnancy 1.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/l...00-by-parents/

What parents are the babies being returned to?
I don't understand that one
Another American resident involved
Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by 9icest: 3:03pm On May 18, 2013
baby factories grin
Jesus Christ of Nigeria cheesy
Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by zangiff(m): 3:15pm On May 18, 2013
jesus.....................
Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by tpia5: 3:43pm On May 18, 2013
nisot23: They chew herbs that give them swollen tommies and legs....only God knows what those herbs really are and what damage it has done to their bodies.

Water retention.

Of course since they've been warned to not see a an outside doctor, they wont assume there will be any danger or ensuing health problems.

Your signature is great, btw.
Re: Victim Of Baby Factory Paid N2.7M For Triplets by softangel(m): 3:57pm On May 18, 2013
tpia@:

Wahala dey.

grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ghana Immigration Arrests Chioma Sabina, Nigerian For Human Trafficking / Police Arrests 10, Rescues 39 Kidnap Victims In Zamfara (Photos) / Catholic Priest Escapes From Kidnappers In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.