Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,437 members, 7,801,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout (24372 Views)

Troops Continue Raid On Sambisa Forest, Recover Bombs(photos) / Nigerian Army Conducts Successful Raid On Boko Haram Camps In Borno..photos / Arms, Money, Phones Found In Boko Haram's Hideout (graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by DarkFive: 1:03pm On May 18, 2013
Ironi: Nigeria military wants to show off their new toys?

I mean is this the best way to militarily deal with BH?

Using Jet fighters, artillery , gun ships within Nigeria to fight a ragtag insurgents?.

Talk about the civilians who would be killed and the fact that this insurgents would still be standing after all this dumb military display and waste.

They would kill civilians and count them as insurgents. I think Nigeria has just started a civil war.

This is a poor military strategy to use for this kind of operation.

I'm not a military guy but believe me I can give thousand and one strategies to destroy BH without all this military brouhaha.

This type of warfare in your backyard is not about the millitary equipments you display.

You just talkin CRAP.... where were your million and one strategies when the death toll caused by Boko Haram was rising to 2,800 civilians.
The Army launches attacks and kills 30 BH members and we are shouting Blue Murder.
Abegi

1 Like

Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by dailywealth1967: 1:03pm On May 18, 2013
BH is evil and must be destroyed.My heart goes to our soldiers who would be around today but go to the great beyond tomorrow.My heart goes to their families becos most of them are breadwinners.God bless you for supreme sacrifice.To the politicians in government who have so far not achieved any progress in terms of good roads,poor healthcare,youths unemployments,it is the now the masses now shedding their blood to keep Nigeria one.You can only be remembered by the good you did to humanity.
Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by Ahasco(m): 1:08pm On May 18, 2013
shymexx:

I know I'm a little bit eccentric and unorthodox compared to the way most of you do things on here. But they can't just go around maiming innocent civilians with crude military tactics and expect an unwinnable war to become winnable. The more civilians you kill, the higher the willing tools for recruitment into BH army.

The real BH members are already ghost, at the moment - chilling somewhere in the Sahara. You lot are just killing civilians.

Using surface to air guns and missiles is just barbaric and savagely around civilian population. Most of you are smiling now, but don't cry when these civilians start suicide-bombing your homes in Southern Nigeria, when the "blowback" kicks off. undecided

And if they do we'll hunt them down again, mind you this is jus a warning!
Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by frabel: 1:12pm On May 18, 2013
[quote
author=Annie2gud]Lacasa and maclatunji,ever since the declearation of
state of emergency you people have been scarce.hope its not what i am
thinking.Run for your Dear lives dont even fhink of branchin
nairaland.here comes JTF drones,nukes,missiles and grenades.[/quote] 1 MILLION LIKES
Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by DarkFive: 1:15pm On May 18, 2013
Stegomiah: Best phrase 'All camps are currently under attack' love dat

I think air strikes is a perfect idea b4 using land soldiers τ̅☺ clean up †ђξ job, in Ƨ̲̣̥ø̲̣̣̥ doing it will reduce casualties on d troops side, which as Ƨ̲̣̥ø̲̣̣̥ far been d case.

And as τ̅☺ what †ђξ brigaider said dat after d operation dey will be commended, left τ̅☺ ♍Ƹ̴ dey won't be only commended, they are heroes who risked all for d sake aΩ̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ peace of dia beloved country Nigeria, dey will also go down in history and pple will av a story τ̅☺ tell.

Lyk sm1 said KILL DEM ALL, wishing d troops best of luck!

SPOT ON
Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by dailywealth1967: 1:16pm On May 18, 2013
Great Nigerian Army are fighting to dislodge this Boko Haram using weapons based on military intelligence.Who would have believed that BH are in possession of anti-aircraft guns?We Nigerians donot know that we are hated by the arabs especialy Algeria who i believe are one of the sponsors of BH.Countries like Niger Republic,Chad,Mali are also major contributors of both men and materials to the cause of BH.I pray that God almighty should direct Nigeria Army bullets away from every innocent civilians.Amen
Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by gameboy727(m): 1:29pm On May 18, 2013
Thumbs up to the soldiers. Haters can go s.uck a d.ick
Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by gameboy727(m): 1:31pm On May 18, 2013
Thumbs up to the soldiers. Haters can go dance windeck on niger bridge.
Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by babaowo: 1:31pm On May 18, 2013
soma042:

3conded
4th conded....lolz
Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by babaowo: 1:33pm On May 18, 2013
dailywealth1967: Great Nigerian Army are fighting to dislodge this Boko Haram using weapons based on military intelligence.Who would have believed that BH are in possession of anti-aircraft guns?We Nigerians donot know that we are hated by the arabs especialy Algeria who i believe are one of the sponsors of BH.Countries like Niger Republic,Chad,Mali are also major contributors of both men and materials to the cause of BH.I pray that God almighty should direct Nigeria Army bullets away from every innocent civilians.Amen
... u b mfm member?
Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by Capnd143(m): 1:44pm On May 18, 2013
i am waiting to watch this movie in 3D . . I am sure Hollywood producers/script writers are already planning the shoot of the movie in 3D VERSION! I think a good name should be "TERROR IS HARAM". Grabing my popcorn and alomo
Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by dbride: 2:02pm On May 18, 2013
shymexx:

I know I'm a little bit eccentric and unorthodox compared to the way most of you do things on here. But they can't just go around maiming innocent civilians with crude military tactics and expect an unwinnable war to become winnable. The more civilians you kill, the higher the willing tools for recruitment into BH army.

The real BH members are already ghost, at the moment - chilling somewhere in the Sahara. You lot are just killing civilians.

Using surface to air guns and missiles is just barbaric and savagely around civilian population. Most of you are smiling now, but don't cry when these civilians start suicide-bombing your homes in Southern Nigeria, when the "blowback" kicks off. undecided

If you know this much about this war and are bold, why hide under this pseudo name and write like a good-for-nothing all knowing, all seeing and all understanding caward.
Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by dbride: 2:13pm On May 18, 2013
shymexx: [s][/s]

Not in the mood to argue with villagers and hicks today. undecided

Then get off the villagers' boat. At least you knew there are villagers and hicks yet you came on board to show your complex issues. Go learn how to be humble if you must meddle with villagers in their world.
Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by conebit: 2:20pm On May 18, 2013
good job by the militry
Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by visalo: 2:22pm On May 18, 2013
shymexx:

Do you know what a surface to air missile is and how unreliable they are especially when they're unguided?

You've got helicopter gunships and your obsolete Alpha Jets - why do you need surface to air missiles?

It just shows how clueless and stupid the Nigerian army is.

Maybe you know more than the nigeria army. We are all expert when it comes to criticism
Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by wisestman(m): 2:31pm On May 18, 2013
track dem, find dem,......... dem
Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by Holyrule(m): 2:39pm On May 18, 2013
shymexx:

Do you know what a surface to air missile is and how unreliable they are especially when they're unguided?

You've got helicopter gunships and your obsolete Alpha Jets - why do you need surface to air missiles?

It just shows how clueless and stupid the Nigerian army is.
i think u the one clueless here.... Are the surface to air jet used by newbies or professionally trained personell...just hear urself... Do u have better tacticall knowledge than they do...these are people that have been fighting war for years... I bow for some people oooh...smh
Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by TexasR: 2:41pm On May 18, 2013
This is the time that ALL WELL-MEANING NIGERIANS,irrespective of political affiliations, should rally round the president and give him their absolute aupport,as the decision he has taken is in the best interest of Nigeria and Nigerians.
Enough of all the sickening attempts to disparage every bstep the president takes,I was shocked to hear that people like Tinubu actually condemned the declaration of the state of emergency,are you kidding me??
This is why the action of Governor Mimiko in calling for support for the president's action is highly commendable

1 Like

Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by TexasR: 2:44pm On May 18, 2013
@ Shymexx

With all due respect,back off from your lone I-know-it-all-the-rest-of-you-are-ignorant posturing as you're gradually turning yourself into a notoriously irritating entity on this thread
Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by Tonylyte(m): 3:02pm On May 18, 2013
Bring to me the head of their leader. Ah wanna use it to drink palm wine. I love drinking from d downfall of ma enemy. GOD BLESS NAIJA...
Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by toprealman: 3:05pm On May 18, 2013
Propaganda tinz!!!
I'm sure no such thing happened.
Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by BAMILASSA: 3:10pm On May 18, 2013
noskeybaba: Everyday kill!! Dem Ŋ☹ D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ finish?

My friend no CIVIL WAR, we need our oil wellls and other resourses, how can we break.
It is all attempt to full us into civil war, but i tell you we are for one Nigeria.
We no go gree your Wayo.
Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by seaman007: 3:10pm On May 18, 2013
@chemex

Using surface to air guns and missiles is just barbaric and savagely around civilian population. Most of you are smiling now, but don't cry when these civilians start suicide-bombing your homes in Southern Nigeria, when the "blowback" kicks off.

I hardly comment on this forum,but you just push me to login and comment
I don't knw which means your following the situation in the north.
You just hard the air force fighter jet was shot,and managed to return to base.

My question is that who shot it? Civilian or boko haram.
A civilian that has such weapon is no longer called a civilian.
The nigerian army are not new in war zone.
So my brother stop sitting in your room and saying what u don't know
If you engaged the army with guns and riffLes.they will surely respond.

3 Likes

Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by Tonylyte(m): 3:12pm On May 18, 2013
toprealman: Propaganda tinz!!!
I'm sure no such thing happened.

doubting thomas. Go where e d happen go check na. Lol, if u heard it was bh boys that killed 500, u would had believed it. Naija i hail thee.
Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by Rednose: 3:28pm On May 18, 2013
Our many heart-felt prayers as a nation are finally being answered. No one or group is bigger than God. Let's keep praying.
Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by thelastPope(m): 3:31pm On May 18, 2013
shymexx:

^^^^This is just sheer brute force and crude military tactics. I just wonder how many innocent civilians have been killed so far. Once again, humanity is always the one to bear the brunt when two elephants fight.

The confrontation is most likely going to end in a deadlock - however, humanity would be the one at the losing end. undecided

Please stop this indirect support for Boko Haram. All these nonsense talk of civilian deaths is covert support for Boko Haram. Nigerian army has no instructions to go kill civilians. They are fighting BH. BH is not a four man armed robbery gang. They are heavily armed with rocket launchers and anti-aircraft guns. Support the military to do their job and stop reminding them of something they already know. Stop distracting our military.
Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by thelastPope(m): 3:32pm On May 18, 2013
Tonylyte:

doubting thomas. Go where e d happen go check na. Lol, if u heard it was bh boys that killed 500, u would had believed it. Naija i hail thee.

He is not a doubting Thomas. He is a terrorist supporter!
Re: 35 Killed In Raid On Boko-Haram Hideout by imperiouxx(m): 3:33pm On May 18, 2013
Ironi: Nigeria military wants to show off their new toys?

I mean is this the best way to militarily deal with BH?

Using Jet fighters, artillery , gun ships within Nigeria to fight a ragtag insurgents?.

Talk about the civilians who would be killed and the fact that this insurgents would still be standing after all this dumb military display and waste.

They would kill civilians and count them as insurgents. I think Nigeria has just started a civil war.

This is a poor military strategy to use for this kind of operation.

I'm not a military guy but believe me I can give thousand and one strategies to destroy BH without all this military brouhaha.

This type of warfare in your backyard is not about the millitary equipments you display.

What's your point? I can't understand your English.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayose Struggles To Justify Statements About Aisha Buhari As She Arrives In US / Army Hands Over Rakiya Abubakar, Newly Found Chibok Girl To Borno Governor / Buhari Orders CBN To Blacklist Importers Of Palm Oil, 42 Other Items

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.