Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,262 members, 7,807,903 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? (7148 Views)

2009/2010 Jamb Is Out! / Registration For University Of Ilorin Post Jamb Is Out / Lasu Post-jamb Is Out. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by Acecube(m): 7:33pm On May 18, 2013
On the 27th of April, barely 3 weeks ago the first phase of 2013/2014 U.T.M.E which comprises Ppt and Dbt was held across all states of the federation. Candidates numbering over 1 million sat for the exam and results have long been seen by many.

Today marks the start of the second phase: the Jamb CBT [ computer base test ] which is poised to run from 18th may to 1st June. Being the maiden edition of the new initiative by Jamb a large number of the students are in the dark.

If you have written yours how did it go ? Pls share your experience, [so that the glory of the latter rain be greater than the former]

ps: pls moderators, it will only be fair [ to cbt Jambites] if this grace front page, thanks in anticipation
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by koolet: 8:12pm On May 18, 2013
Stil waiting 4 results bt d exam hard o (front page tinz nau haha)
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by Kolade9(m): 8:25pm On May 18, 2013
koolet: Stil waiting 4 results bt d exam hard o (front page tinz nau haha)
shey time sha reach?
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by Acecube(m): 8:43pm On May 18, 2013
koolet: Stil waiting 4 results bt d exam hard o (front page tinz nau haha)
was it 250 questions and how much time was given ?
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by Itsjanny: 8:56pm On May 18, 2013
emmmmmm, it wasn't that hard........just like the normal jamb
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by Acecube(m): 9:03pm On May 18, 2013
Itsjanny: emmmmmm, it wasn't that hard........just like the normal jamb
good to know that it wasn't difficult, we hope the results will be better this time around.... Did questions come from the novels like the normal jamb ?

2 Likes

Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by okosodo: 9:31pm On May 18, 2013
I thought the result would be released immediately after the end of paper
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by nellyefizzy: 9:34pm On May 18, 2013
Acecube: On the 27th of April, barely 3 weeks ago the first phase of 2013/2014 U.T.M.E which comprises Ppt and Dbt was held across all states of the federation. Candidates numbering over 1 million sat for the exam and results have long been seen by many.

Today marks the start of the second phase: the Jamb CBT [ computer base test ] which is poised to run from 18th may to 1st June. Being the maiden edition of the new initiative by Jamb a large number of the students are in the dark.

The exam went well and it was well organised...have ησt seen my result yet....but the exam was difficult ooo...
If you have written yours how did it go ? Pls share your experience, [so that the glory of the latter rain be greater than the former]

ps: pls moderators, it will only be fair [ to cbt Jambites] if this grace front page, thanks in anticipation
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by stevenson007: 9:56pm On May 18, 2013
JAMB is a God-forsaken Board, they are not adequately prepared for This CBT.
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by Acecube(m): 12:00am On May 19, 2013
stevenson007: JAMB is a God-forsaken Board, they are not adequately prepared for This CBT.
in terms of preparation on their part, i comment my reserve... Let's see how events unfold,personally, i think it's a welcome development as it will curb exam malpractice.
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by jayp2: 12:30am On May 19, 2013
Itsjanny: emmmmmm, it wasn't that hard........just like the normal jamb
Itsjanny, please was your CBT QUESTIONS a little similar to the PPT QUESTIONS?
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by koolet: 3:40am On May 19, 2013
Bein a science student i knew cbt was harder than the previous pencil nd paper
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by koolet: 3:42am On May 19, 2013
koolet: Bein a science student i knew cbt was harder than the previous pencil nd paper
though i put my trust in God
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by Acecube(m): 7:19am On May 19, 2013
The highest score i've seen so far is a 298 and 2 other students 294... If you're yet to check yours do so
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by Mr1234(m): 8:16am On May 19, 2013
First of all, in Ilorin here ѠĤƐŔƐ I wrote my own exam the cbt I mean, it was pretty smooth and I must commend jamb. For those thinking its easier than the PPT, nah it isn't. Its still a standard exam and an exam will always be an exam. The atmosphere was 'examinationish'. And plus, there wasn't anything like question paper type so ₪ø̲̣̣ free marks. Shey U̶̲̥̅̊ can see that?

The papers lasted for 3hrs 30mins and ur time starts once you log in. It takes 2seconds for each question to load and on my observation ur exam time stops when those two seconds are loading so the loading doesn't affect Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊я time. What else?

Yeah, the exam was written under air-con and I had to button my shirt up to my neck cheesycheesy. 3hrs ₪ø̲̣̣ be small tin under ac.

There were passages in the english language, two to be precise. The question modes were J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇τ̣̣̥ like paper testing. Before the exam I was thinking due to unpreparedness jamb might not be able to bring too many calculation or diagramatic problems in maths or physics or biology but believe M̶̲̥̅Ƹ number base, indices, integration, circle geometry, waves, circuit diagrams were all staring at M̶̲̥̅Ƹ like this. I even stole a glance at a girl's computer around M̶̲̥̅Ƹ, I was seeing something like an hibiscus or flambouyant flower. So peeps, the cbt was standard enough o

I finished my four subjects phy, chem math, english at exactly 3hours 10mins and when you're sure you're through, you click on submit, finally submit and then a message is brought to you sayoing "Thank you for writing UTME 2013" and there's the option 'view my results now' buh I didn't view anything o. Nobody wants to die. The pressure of the exam was still in my body.

The only confidence I think I have is the presumed credibility of the marking which we all are thinking there's not gonna be any wayo or magomago in it and I sincerely hope so. I still haven't checked my result tho.

Wish M̶̲̥̅Ƹ goodluck.

I wish every other person who havent done theirs maximum goodluck too.

Peace!

4 Likes

Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by Kolade9(m): 8:38am On May 19, 2013
^^ were you provided with sheet of paper 4 calculation?
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by Mr1234(m): 8:47am On May 19, 2013
Kolade9: ^^ were you provided with sheet of paper 4 calculation?
yep yep buh we submitted it on our way out.
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by Nobody: 9:11am On May 19, 2013
koolet: Bein a science student i knew cbt was harder than the previous pencil nd paper
bro were u given a rough sheet 4 calculations?
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by Daviewonder(m): 10:12am On May 19, 2013
Acecube: On the 27th of April, barely 3 weeks ago the first phase of 2013/2014 U.T.M.E which comprises Ppt and Dbt was held across all states of the federation. Candidates numbering over 1 million sat for the exam and results have long been seen by many.

i c u bro,u're doin a damn gud job here...wat i still don't undastand is y anytin on dis c.b.t hasn't gotten to front page
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by Daviewonder(m): 10:16am On May 19, 2013
Kolade9: ^^ were you provided with sheet of paper 4 calculation?
Mr. 1234:
First of all, in Ilorin here ѠĤƐŔƐ I wrote my own exam the cbt I mean, it was pretty smooth and I must commend jamb. For those thinking its easier than the PPT, nah it isn't. Its still a standard exam and an exam will always be an exam. The atmosphere was 'examinationish'. And plus, there wasn't anything like question paper type so ₪ø̲̣̣ free marks. Shey U̶̲̥̅̊ can see that?

The papers lasted for 3hrs 30mins and ur time starts once you log in. It takes 2seconds for each question to load and on my observation ur exam time stops when those two seconds are loading so the loading doesn't affect Ɣ☺U̶̲̥̅̊я time. What else?

Yeah, the exam was written under air-con and I had to button my shirt up to my neck cheesycheesy. 3hrs ₪ø̲̣̣ be small tin under ac.

There were passages in the english language, two to be precise. The question modes were J̶̲̥̅̊u̶̲̥̅̊ƨ̣̣̣̇̇̇̇τ̣̣̥ like paper testing. Before the exam I was thinking due to unpreparedness jamb might not be able to bring too many calculation or diagramatic problems in maths or physics or biology but believe M̶̲̥̅Ƹ number base, indices, integration, circle geometry, waves, circuit diagrams were all staring at M̶̲̥̅Ƹ like this. I even stole a glance at a girl's computer around M̶̲̥̅Ƹ, I was seeing something like an hibiscus or flambouyant flower. So peeps, the cbt was standard enough o

I finished my four subjects phy, chem math, english at exactly 3hours 10mins and when you're sure you're through, you click on submit, finally submit and then a message is brought to you sayoing "Thank you for writing UTME 2013" and there's the option 'view my results now' buh I didn't view anything o. Nobody wants to die. The pressure of the exam was still in my body.

The only confidence I think I have is the presumed credibility of the marking which we all are thinking there's not gonna be any wayo or magomago in it and I sincerely hope so. I still haven't checked my result tho.

Wish M̶̲̥̅Ƹ goodluck.

I wish every other person who havent done theirs maximum goodluck too.

Peace!
if na me, i 4 don check d result ryt away make i know watsup in time.... Buh seriously iz dat "check ur result now" really workin?
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by Acecube(m): 10:33am On May 19, 2013
Nice one Mr 1234... i'm a student of unilorin so i understand the picture you just painted.
I pray fervently God crown your effort with success, Since you have come out against all odd to enlighten those who are yet to sit for the exam.
Pls do endeavour to share with us the good news when you see your result
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by Acecube(m): 10:41am On May 19, 2013
Daviewonder:
i c u bro,u're doin a damn gud job here...wat i still don't undastand is y anytin on dis c.b.t hasn't gotten to front page
you too bro, it's just unfortunate that the selected few who are yet to sit for this exam are yet to be given the privilege that was entrusted to ppt candidates, seriously speaking who needs the enlightenment most ? Ppt has been since 1978 while this is the maiden edition of cbt.
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by Aderemi275(m): 10:43am On May 19, 2013
Aw was ur result?
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by Acecube(m): 10:43am On May 19, 2013
Daviewonder:
if na me, i 4 don check d result ryt away make i know watsup in time.... Buh seriously iz dat "check ur result now" really workin?
i doubt bro, to avoid the incidence of smashed computers and what's not... They've resorted to delaying it

1 Like

Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by Tuljaking(m): 10:52am On May 19, 2013
Lol
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by Acecube(m): 10:59am On May 19, 2013
Tuljaking: Lol
of course na, if you check with your phone after the cbt, you are free to smash it... grin
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by dipsy2009: 11:08am On May 19, 2013
Acecube: i doubt bro, to avoid the incidence of smashed computers and what's not... They've resorted to delaying it

Lmao!!!
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by dipsy2009: 11:20am On May 19, 2013
Abeg oo...when is the result for those that wrote the CBT yesterday coming out oo??!!
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by Acecube(m): 11:32am On May 19, 2013
dipsy2009: Abeg oo...when is the result for those that wrote the CBT yesterday coming out oo??!!
how did yours go ? the key to the result datbase is with me, better start talking before i swallow it.
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by Acecube(m): 11:33am On May 19, 2013
dipsy2009: Abeg oo...when is the result for those that wrote the CBT yesterday coming out oo??!!
how did yours go ? the key to the result database is with me, better start talking before i swallow it.
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by dipsy2009: 11:48am On May 19, 2013
Acecube: how did yours go ? the key to the result database is with me, better start talking before i swallow it.

Hahaha abeg oo!!.......it went really fine

Although we started the exam kinda late due to server wahala and some computers crashing, everything went smoothly afterwards

And, exam MALPRACTICE was greatly reduced smiley

Also, I wasn't scared of checking my result after the exam. I tried to check it but it didn't come up. The exam officers assured us that the results would be sent to our phones 2 hours after the exam. But.........
Re: Jamb Is Not Yet Over, How Was Your Cbt ? by dipsy2009: 11:51am On May 19, 2013
Mods!!!!! Pls move this thread the FP!!!! Abeg!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hot Random Photos Of Yabatech Female Students / Mapoly 2015/2016 Admission Into Full-time, Pt & Weekend (nd/hnd) / Law School Transcript

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.