Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M (8050 Views)

Nigeria Finishes Second Position At All African Games / Okagbare Wins Gold In Shanghai / Okagbare Clinches Third Position IAAF Diamond League Zurich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by Nobody: 1:24am On May 19, 2013
Blessing Okagbare Defeats Camilita Jeter Taking 2nd Behind Shelly-ann Fraser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6o-fcD0Jfu4

World championships is this season, lets hope she does herself justice.

5 Likes

Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by Afam4eva(m): 11:16am On May 19, 2013
Okagbare didn't start strong in this particular race but recovered midway but it was to late for her to beat Fraser.

She's really consistent and if she continues like this, she could pick gold in Rio.

1 Like

Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by sarutobie(m): 11:18am On May 19, 2013
May your legs continue to be as fleet footed as the legs of hermes himself..keep it up and strive for perfection!

2 Likes

Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by flash77: 11:19am On May 19, 2013
consistency and improvement is the key.
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by Debroslink: 11:22am On May 19, 2013
She really tried. I know she can beat them if she works harder.
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by oloriooko(m): 11:23am On May 19, 2013
congratulations sis, we are proud of you and looking forward to more exploits.

*thumbs up*
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by victorazy(m): 11:24am On May 19, 2013
Defeated my Jeter "my Jam-yash"? Why she no do so during Olympic? I believed she jst let her cuz the price may no be relevant after all how many of us witnessed it.
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by imsuboi(m): 11:27am On May 19, 2013
Who's she please?
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by akintun: 11:28am On May 19, 2013
She should 4get about d long jump, and focus on d sprints. I believe she can get a silver or a bronze at d world champ. A bronze in d 200m is also a possibility. D problem she has is dat d 100m and long jump events are d most competitive events in athletics, and those events have very strong athletes competing.
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by cold(m): 11:32am On May 19, 2013
I think she has completely put London behind her. It's time to move on. Wish her well
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by sweetgala(m): 11:35am On May 19, 2013
I see her doing well if she focuses on her start. She did come back strong to take second.
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by Krasid(m): 11:35am On May 19, 2013
Well,what can i say.she has always done well in the diamond league but flops in the olympics.Hope she picks a medal at the big stage.
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by layconalabi: 11:48am On May 19, 2013
Same old story, she will burn her energy on all dis type of championship for money and during d olympic, we knw her position. Anyway let pray she will transform dis T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ olympic glory
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by Afam4eva(m): 11:50am On May 19, 2013
layconalabi: Same old story, she will burn her energy on all dis type of championship for money and during d olympic, we knw her position. Anyway let pray she will transform dis T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ olympic glory
Are the people she will compete with in the olympics not also burning their energy?
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by DMainMan: 11:54am On May 19, 2013
nyc one
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by Nobody: 11:58am On May 19, 2013
@Op,pls wats the time she ran.
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by nwawuweneonye: 11:58am On May 19, 2013
layconalabi: Same old story, she will burn her energy on all dis type of championship for money and during d olympic, we knw her position. Anyway let pray she will transform dis T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ olympic glory

Why do you people just type what comes to your mind first without listening at d same time. Is that the sort of encouragement from you discouraging her? Learn not to criticize or if may do so, do it constructively.@ topic, well done n we hope u repeat same or even beat Frazer in Rio.
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by Afam4eva(m): 11:59am On May 19, 2013
Emmadani: @Op,pls wats the time she ran.
11 seconds.
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by ochallo: 12:13pm On May 19, 2013
i'm happy for her but her time was not that impressive, she ran 11.00, 10.92 is her best, at the olympics jeter ran 10.78, fraser ran 10.75, that time would have made her 7th at the olympics so she still has to work harder. May God help her.
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by sobastical: 12:23pm On May 19, 2013
Nice one, my favourite female sprinter with no blemish of any form of drug. The Lord will see you through and crown you effort with the gold medal sister. God bless you, God bless Nigeria
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by akintun: 12:25pm On May 19, 2013
Same old story, she will burn her energy on all dis type of championship for money and during d olympic, we knw her position. Anyway let pray she will transform dis T̶̲̥̅Ơ̴͡ olympic glory
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

Okagbare, jeter, and Ann Fraser are examples of athletes dat need to run frequently in order to improve their performance. Contrary to believe Okagbare actually improved on her performance at d Olympics. Infact I would say dat d Olympics came too early 4 her, when u consider dat d turning point in her sprinting career was actually about 3 weeks to d Olympics . At d Olympics she actually improved on her PB twice.
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by Phonon: 12:29pm On May 19, 2013
She is the woman selling bread and fried pawpaw in Gombe State.What a question? sad

imsu.boi:
Who's she please?
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by lertee(f): 12:44pm On May 19, 2013
she can do better
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by yamunla(m): 12:44pm On May 19, 2013
If she reach Olympic now she go dey carry second to last..
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 19, 2013
Afam4eva:
11 seconds.
ok.Thanks
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by AbuMikey(m): 12:51pm On May 19, 2013
She be my fast fast lady honn
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by chocopearl(f): 1:05pm On May 19, 2013
Congrats dear, i pray God crown ur effort wit success
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by Afam4eva(m): 1:06pm On May 19, 2013
New York is next. I hope she wins that one. She's currently 2nd place in the series.
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by saintneo(m): 1:46pm On May 19, 2013
Blessing has got the height that can make a huge difference. She needs to work on her start and reduce showboating.
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by solomon111(m): 1:48pm On May 19, 2013
Afam4eva: New York is next. I hope she wins that one. She's currently 2nd place in the series.
is she being sponsored by Nigeria?
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by akintun: 1:58pm On May 19, 2013
Blessing has got the height that can make a huge difference. She needs to work on her start and reduce showboating.
(Quote) (Report) (Like)

In sprinting, d height is actually a liability. I have never seen a tall sprinter with a good start.
Re: Okagbare Finishes Second At Shanghai Diamond-League 100M by pekelepekele(m): 2:08pm On May 19, 2013
I want to marry Okagbare kiss

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uk Pool Week 22 Fixed Draws / HYKT DRAW GAMES / Oshoala Scores A Brace & Provides An Assist As Barcelona Beat Real Sociedad 8-1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.