Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,272 members, 7,780,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:36 PM

Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? (15800 Views)

Poll: Should wives have to submit and obey?

Yes: 79% (39 votes)
No: 20% (10 votes)
This poll has ended

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Husbands Who Demand Their Wives Submit Their Salaries To Them / Ephesians 5:22: Wives, Submit To Your Husbands As To The Lord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Go Down)

Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Healthcpg: 11:04pm On Jan 29, 2007
Hey guys if you have a friend or family member who wishes to work in the health care industry in the US, please visit WWW.HEALTHCPG.COM for guides and information on how to pass the necessary certification exams and migrate legally into US with a green card. All foreign Graduate Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacist, and other health care professionals are qualified.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by GNature(m): 11:04pm On Jan 29, 2007
babyosisi:

The man you describe here is not much of a catch.
I wish her better luck with a husband in future.

Precisely Babyosisi !
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:05pm On Jan 29, 2007
Babyosisi

If after all that's been going on, you still dont get my point then I dont know what to say.

Submission DOES NOT mean the same to everyone. You can say submission doesnt mean controlling but there are some mean who believe that is exactly what it means. He's the dominating one and she's the subservant one. Do everything I ask and maybe I wont make our marriage/relationship a living hell for you. That is what michelin was talking about and dont bother lying and saying such people dont exist cos they do ESPECIALLY in African settings and this goes on from generation to generation. That's what we are talking out against
You yourself are going on about how widows are treated, if these men actually cared about their wives wouldnt they think about things like this. Infact if women were considered to be human would they even have to worry about such horrible things happening to them after a demise? Seriously?

You keep talking about what it means to you. Good for you, that's YOU though. There are people they go according to Seun's definition. Sure you can say that's not the correct one but many disagree with you. Do you know how many people are mentally and emotionally abusive, not even physically and use the whole "God said Im the head" verse? They could easily say that submission means doing everything they say, who's the woman to talk against that when we have people around screaming that if they dont accept that then they are going to hell or whatever it is you people use to force others into following you.

It's one thing to say like Josh did that ohit should be mutual and all that, he did a good jobv on explaining his own idea of submission which i had no qualms with but im not going to go with the general idea cos like i said it differs for each person.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 11:06pm On Jan 29, 2007
Oh he is.
He is very good looking, very tall, comes from a good  family The only problem is that he is very shy.It took him almost 3 months to ask her out.But she knew he was interested so she waited.
Some men are quite by nature and do not like stress.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by TerraCotta(m): 11:07pm On Jan 29, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

I believe I already said that MaMaPut used the wrong word in explaining how things go for her daughter.

I think Babyosisi's point (though I don't want to speak for her) is that the change in vocabulary doesn't change the intent. Mamaput essentially encourages her daughter's boyfriend to be submissive to her daughter. She sees nothing wrong in that, but seems to have a problem with Babyosisi's choice to be submissive in her marriage.

Babyosisi has specified that she believes submissiveness is not control, is obviously well-educated and likely successful, so she can't be accused of being her husband's handmaid. On the other hand, Mamaput's daughter basically has a lapdog for a boyfriend. He has to be told when to do his homework (!) and when he should go out to play (!) Mamaput--you're sure you no be grandmother? It be like say your daughter get pikin instead of boyfriend grin

In all seriousness Mamaput, I don't see any difference in the characteristics you condemn in "controlling" marriages and what you positively describe as your daughter's "controlling" relationship with this guy. It's hard to justify condemning submission if you accept it wholeheartedly once the gender roles are reversed.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:08pm On Jan 29, 2007
chimaze:

TOH, I don't know how you guys do things in your family. In my family, we are one "one 4 all, all 4 one". It works for us.

My dad bought a Mercedes E-Class for my mum but he drives Benz 200. What have you got to say about it?

dude you are not making sense. What does your dad doing this and that doing that have to do with me? You just said yourself your mother isnt happy that she's not written down with the properties yet you are sreaming that it works for you guys and that you are all about unity

Dude, when you get yourself together, get back to me and as for your outburst to MamaPut, goes to show your ever so low level of maturity.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 29, 2007
No one should ever glorify divorce.
We all expect our marriages to be for life but sometimes it doesn't turn out that way for one reason or another.
I have several close friends who are divorced and I see and hear the agony in their voices when they talk about what they went through.
There is no amicable divorce irrespective of what anyone says.

Breakdown of a marriage is almost like a death.
It is nothing to look forward to.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by TerraCotta(m): 11:10pm On Jan 29, 2007
chimaze:

Mamaput You are the GREATEST LAIR OF ALL TIME.

LOL--it's not that serious, is it?
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:11pm On Jan 29, 2007
Dude can't even spell "liar". Pitiful

babyosisi:

Breakdown of a marriage is almost like a death.
It is nothing to look forward to.

Lol tell that to Amy Irving.

and I dont see where she "glorified" it. She said it was inevitable for them cos she realized that he wasnt a family man. She couldnt take how he was behaving as someone with children and they split, how is that glamourizing anything? If anything I just respect how they are still civil with each other especially with kids involved
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by chimaze(m): 11:11pm On Jan 29, 2007
mamaput:

thankyou you know am great.

GOODLUCK TO YOU. Both of us are Igbos, "eke adahi eli eke ebeya" (thief no dey steal from fellow thieves).I know your tricks.

Because you are divorced and your plan is to mess up the hearts of these young girls on Nairaland, e no go work for you in Jesus name.

You sent your husband away yourself so live with it, but stop trying to make others follow you.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 11:13pm On Jan 29, 2007
call it what you like .
My daughter is a head person not a heart person.
Maybe the lapdog is just a heart person that is in love and will do anything for her
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by GNature(m): 11:14pm On Jan 29, 2007
chimaze:

Because you are divorced and your plan is to mess up the hearts of these young girls on Nairaland, e no go work for you in Jesus name.

You sent your husband away yourself so live with it, but stop trying to make others follow you.

My brother, make you chill out oo. Haba
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:16pm On Jan 29, 2007
Dude, I rebuke you.

I'm not Igbo. Im not part of your family, e jo.

You're so pathetic. Every word you've said has either been chalk full of immature rants or just you constantly contradicting yourself

One min his mother isnt happy because she's not being treated as an EQUAL in the household, the next minute he's talking about how united his family is.

You're a joke.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 11:17pm On Jan 29, 2007
chimaze man of little faith you are calling on Jesus?
You are like all Nigerian men i know in real life.
They all hide their wives from me so that i will not open their eyes.
These men are drinking  till day break  in a bar but they only allow their wives to church and work.
One Nigerian man ask me to boyfriend him a married man.
I said yes no problem but first we will go together and tell his wife she too is allowed to have boyfriend.
What do you think he said??
You men are all the same.
cheat on your wives with other mens daughters.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 29, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

typical
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by chimaze(m): 11:18pm On Jan 29, 2007
GNature:

My brother, make you chill out oo. Haba

My bros, abeg no Vex but I hate when matured woman like mamaput go come to forum like this that is filled with young people, instead of preaching love and togetherness, she is preaching destruction.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:20pm On Jan 29, 2007
mamaput:

One Nigerian man ask me to boyfriend him, a married man.
I said yes no problem but first we will go together and tell his wife she too is allowed to have boyfriend.

lol tongue
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 11:21pm On Jan 29, 2007
So some people have said the young man is a child and lap dog.
same gose to all women that are submissive.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:22pm On Jan 29, 2007
lol, keep trying to hit at me when you should be talking to your "brother" osisi, lol now that's typical

please, Sister in Christ, tell me again how much you hate me  cheesy
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 11:26pm On Jan 29, 2007
somebody said i have a family that means i cannot go out as i like.
Wrong i live onle once i have my life my kids theirs.
I have my friends my kids theirs.
It is my good right to go out once i have settled them.
And now even more because they are older
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 11:28pm On Jan 29, 2007
someone asked his mother if she is happy she said now.
I wounder how many years.
If am unhappy a benz will not solve my problem only a man can think like that.
The same person should ask his wife if she is happy.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by chimaze(m): 11:28pm On Jan 29, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

TOH did I tell you that I am English? I've mentioned it times without number that I am onye Igbo, I even dey try sef. English man no go even fit call my name not to think writing it.

ThiefOfHearts:

and I don't see where she "glorified" it. She said it was inevitable for them because she realised that he wasn't a family man. She couldn't take how he was behaving as someone with children and they split, how is that glamorising anything? If anything I just respect how they are still civil with each other especially with kids involved

And it took MAMAPUT MORE THAN 12YRS TO DISCOVER THAT HE IS NOT A FAMILY MATERIAL EH? Say that to the dogs.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by TerraCotta(m): 11:29pm On Jan 29, 2007
mamaput:

So some people have said the young man is a child and lap dog.
same gose to all women that are submissive.

The point is that the standard should be universal---if it's good for your daughter, it should be good for someone else's son who wants a submissive wife.

mamaput:

Not that I doubt you, but I wonder why you're still friends/acquaintances with these people.

chimaze:

My bros, abeg no Vex but I hate when matured woman like mamaput go come to forum like this that is filled with young people, instead of preaching love and togetherness, she is preaching destruction.

Nna, relax--it's just the internet.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:32pm On Jan 29, 2007
chimaze:

TOH did I tell you that I am English? I've mentioned it times without number that I am onye Igbo, I even dey try sef.

And it took MAMAPUT MORE THAN 12YRS TO DISCOVER THAT HE IS NOT A FAMILY MATERIAL EH? Say that to the dogs.

did I ever tell that that I was English OR Igbo?

as for your last comment, do you know when they had the kids? do you know when she realized that he was acting the way he does? would you have perfered if she left immediatelyt things started going that way instead of trying to see if things would change?

In other words, who the hell are you to judge her experiences?
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by chimaze(m): 11:35pm On Jan 29, 2007
TerraCotta:

Nna, relax--it's just the internet.

My bros we are here to give good advice. I can't say rubbish because I am behind my pc.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:37pm On Jan 29, 2007
yet you continue to anyway cheesy
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 11:38pm On Jan 29, 2007
I go out to the bar and meet  them.
They ask me were is my husband and i ask them were are their wives. We have a lot of fun together. I keep asking them to bring their wives but they say i will teach them their rights.
They want to keep their wives submissive.
And while they are spending time drinking way into the night , the wife the poor fool is waithing at home with the food.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by chimaze(m): 11:41pm On Jan 29, 2007
ThiefOfHearts:

did I ever tell that that I was English OR Igbo?

as for your last comment, do you know when they had the kids? do you know when she realized that he was acting the way he does? would you have perfered if she left immediatelyt things started going that way instead of trying to see if things would change?

In other words, who the hell are you to judge her experiences?

Mamaput's eldest dauter is almost 18yrs while the youngest is 7yrs. Calculate it urself ok.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:42pm On Jan 29, 2007
I have better things to do than bother myself with other people's PERSONAL lives. Amebo.

are you gonna correct your contradiction about your mother or you;re gonna continue to be a mosquito to mamaput
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 11:47pm On Jan 29, 2007
my youngst is 11 not 7.
And after the first child i tried for years for one more to follow .The oldest will be 18 this year and the youngest 12,
I was not happy so i left ha .
some people can stay unhappy for the rest of their lives not me
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by mamaput(f): 11:48pm On Jan 29, 2007
To butter your bread my husband did not want more but i did so i went ahead.
I knew i was ready to have them with or without the father.
Re: Should Wives Submit To Their Husbands? by chimaze(m): 11:49pm On Jan 29, 2007
mamaput:

chimaze man of little faith you are calling on Jesus?
These men are drinking  till day break  in a bar but they only allow their wives to church and work.
One Nigerian man ask me to boyfriend him a married man.
You men are all the same.
cheat on your wives with other mens daughters.

A married man that knows that you know his wife is asking you out?

This shows he has no respect for you. anyway this shows the type of woman you are.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11)

Orphanages In Nigeria. / School Sent My Sisters Wards Away For Trying To Address Bullying / Must A Woman Tell Her Husband Everything?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.