Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,269 members, 7,807,912 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Speaking In Tongues By The Apostles And In Our Churches Today. Any Difference? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking In Tongues By The Apostles And In Our Churches Today. Any Difference? (689 Views)

Pastor Marches On His Member: What Is Happening In Our Churches Now? / Various Naija ... / Speaking In Tongues N Praying In Tongues By Moshood Fayemiwo-read N Get D Truth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Speaking In Tongues By The Apostles And In Our Churches Today. Any Difference? by hurricaneChris: 2:13pm On May 19, 2013
Please brethren, I seek an honest answer to these questions. I want to use today being the pentcost sunday to seek clarification.

Many people who speak in tongues trace it to what happened to the apostles on d pentecost day. Which in no doubt is a day the holy came down on the apostles of Jesus. But these days, what happens in our churches surprises me.

I used to have two friends in PH who belong to one of the new generation churches (I will not mention the name of this church). These guys had an already-written "tongues" which they always rehearsed occasionally to be used during prayers.

Sometimes, they wud listen to tapes to learn how to speak in tongues.

During the pentecost, the apostles spoke in different languages.
-These languages were clearly understood by people who listened to them.
-these languages united the people as God used languages to divide people during the tower of Babel.
- these languages were used to pass message of the God to people of different race.

Now my questions:
-speaking in tongues in our churches today, is it similar to that of the pentecost?
-When people speak in tongues in our churches these days, does anyone understand them?
- if the holy spirit inspired the apostles to speak in tongues during the pentecost, why do "we" have to learn it these days?
- are people who speak in tongues in our churches passing message from God?

Please I'll appreciate sincere answers from the enlightened people. Thanks.
Re: Speaking In Tongues By The Apostles And In Our Churches Today. Any Difference? by PastorOluT(m): 5:15pm On May 19, 2013
[quote
author=hurricaneChris]Please brethren, I seek an honest answer to these
questions. I want to use today being the pentcost sunday to seek
clarification.

Many people who speak in tongues trace it to what happened to the
apostles on d pentecost day. Which in no doubt is a day the holy came
down on the apostles of Jesus. But these days, what happens in our
churches surprises me.

I used to have two friends in PH who belong to one of the new generation
churches (I will not mention the name of this church). These guys had
an already-written "tongues" which they always rehearsed occasionally to
be used during prayers.

Sometimes, they wud listen to tapes to learn how to speak in tongues.

During the pentecost, the apostles spoke in different languages.
-These languages were clearly understood by people who listened to them.
-these languages united the people as God used languages to divide
people during the tower of Babel.
- these languages were used to pass message of the God to people of
different race.

Now my questions:
-speaking in tongues in our churches today, is it similar to that of the
pentecost?
-When people speak in tongues in our churches these days, does anyone
understand them?
- if the holy spirit inspired the apostles to speak in tongues during
the pentecost, why do "we" have to learn it these days?
- are people who speak in tongues in our churches passing message from
God?

Please I'll appreciate sincere answers from the enlightened people.
Thanks. [/quote]

Yes it is the same as that of old, your two friends are getting it all wrong and must desist or they get into serious trouble with the devil.

we don't learn to speak in tongues for it is spiritual, the Holy Spirit gives to us severally as He wishes. Concerning interpretation, its a gift and not all have it 'cos menare not selective in the desiring of their gifts.

Lastly desire it yourself and you will understand better.

(1) (Reply)

Amazing! A Talking Panda. / Judge Not! What Does This Means. / Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.