Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,443 members, 7,781,290 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:52 AM

Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC (7195 Views)

Newsflash!! Forget Bigbang, Forget Creationism, The Universe Had No Begining. / On Evolution, Big Bang, The Bible And The Quran / Creationism Or Evolution - Post Your Peer-review Articles Here And Lets Discuss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 29, 2013
ok so I read it wrong,
but my point still stands.

lemme ask you this though.....

you do know some of the first astronomers not only utilized commonsense but were polytheists right?
you do know though they did not have "technological advanced tools" that many of them were spot on not only in terms of the alignment of stars but also that the earth revolves around the sun.

#dogontribeanyone?

http://lifestyle.inquirer.net/88347/the-dogon-tribes-extraordinary-knowledge-of-astronomy

according to some though these negroes couldn't possibly have known this grin
it must have been the result of alien encounters. grin

but those are YOUR people tho...you know NASA, the science cults..etc etc.
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 29, 2013
http://dickinsg.intrasun.tcnj.edu/diaspora/dogon.html

"The Dogon use four calenders, derived from the sun, moon, Sirius, and Venus, and have long believed in a heliocentric universe, in which the planets revolve around the sun."

heheheheeee grin

but if some white man in a smock says it
with his technology, I guess he was just some genius tho.

these polytheistic..(pro-theism) negroes..must be aliens. grin
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Vansnickers: 5:52pm On Aug 29, 2013
Before I go further, what is your definition of "Common Sense "?
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Adamskuty(m): 6:22pm On Aug 29, 2013
*Kails*:

"The Dogon use four calenders, derived from the sun, moon, Sirius, and Venus, and have long believed in a heliocentric universe, in which the planets revolve around the sun."

heheheheeee grin

with his technology, I guess he was just some genius tho.

these polytheistic..(pro-theism) negroes..must be aliens. grin
hmm! Kails longtime no see babe wink i dont understand a single thing in this thread swrry

ooh! Btw what's dogoon?
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Adamskuty(m): 6:25pm On Aug 29, 2013
Nawa oooh!
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Vansnickers: 6:25pm On Aug 29, 2013
*Kails*:

heheheheeee grin

with his technology, I guess he was just some
genius tho.

these polytheistic..(pro-theism) negroes..must

be aliens. grin

I also find it amazing that the Dongon had
that much knowledge on Astronomy. However I doubt they had any interaction with extraterrestrials. I suspect that at some point they must have encountered explorers from other parts of the world, this would explain how they were able to know these things without telescopes.
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 29, 2013
I will answer your question and add more to further explain my point of view.

MY DEFINITION OF COMMONSENSE is simple:

making sense out of nonsense using our natural senses and spirituality.

(now that i think of it perhaps there is a better word for this but I will call it 'commonsense' for now)

You see, I believe some of the early "humans" (esp. the Africans and native americans) were not only VERY knowledgeable about our genesis but that they were able to do what I said above with little problems hence why they were the strongest humans to have ever walked the earth, the wisest, and were able to survive using their minds alone; unlike us today who have to depend on technology and what we are "told" is right...by scientists and religitards alike.

some of us still have this in us. today we refer to it as intuition though it is not as strong as it were for those who came before us who were far more connected with their God/s, the universe and their spirituality.

It's no coincidence you had all of these spectacular ancient societies all over the world with a shared common knowledge about earth, creation and so forth using commonsense (or the ability to see the truth using our natural senses), theism/spirituality and HONEST science.

but that was the past.
the introduction of modern science has not only weakened our connection with the universe and our spirituality but also our sense of creativity.

Some of our forefathers challenged nature, went against the grain and thus have forsaken our generation who are more about trying to disprove spirituality/God and explain the unexplainable.

Speaking of which....

i doubt this will make sense to you being that you are an atheist and really, only those who accept true spirituality will understand.

When you have people who really have to ask how were the pyramids created without alien involvement or the stones placed on easter island without construction tools and trucks, you know we are in trouble. grin

as if what we know today is not due to those who came before us, 99% of whom were spiritual-theists who sited their knowledge as being gifts from God/s.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 6:26pm On Aug 29, 2013
Van snickers:

I also find it amazing that the Dongon had
that much knowledge on Astronomy. However I doubt they had any interaction with extraterrestrials. I suspect that at some point they must have encountered explorers from other parts of the world, this would explain how they were able to know these things without telescopes.

WOW!

and who were these explorers? EUROPEANS?!!
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 6:27pm On Aug 29, 2013
Adamskuty: hmm! Kails longtime no see babe wink i dont understand a single thing in this thread swrry

ooh! Btw what's dogoon?

HEY WHAT'S UP?! smiley
they are a tribe in west Africa who are known for their awesome masks, dances,
and superior knowledge of the cosmos.
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Vansnickers: 6:37pm On Aug 29, 2013
*Kails*:

WOW!

and who were these explorers? EUROPEANS?!!

I never said Europeans. The Point i'm trying to make is that everyone was ignorant when it came to the "heavenly bodies", including the Europeans. The Ignorance dissipated when individuals started observing the Planet and Stars with telescopes. I don't see how common sense will reveal the number of moons that orbit a Planet!
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Vansnickers: 6:42pm On Aug 29, 2013
*Kails*:
I will answer your question and add more to further explain my point of view.

MY DEFINITION OF COMMONSENSE is simple:

making sense out of nonsense using our natural senses and spirituality.

(now that i think of it perhaps there is a better word for this but I will call it 'commonsense' for now)

You see, I believe some of the early "humans" (esp. the Africans and native americans) were not only VERY knowledgeable about our genesis but that they were able to do what I said above with little problems hence why they were the strongest humans to have ever walked the earth, the wisest, and were able to survive using their minds alone; unlike us today who have to depend on technology and what we are "told" is right...by scientists and religitards alike.

some of us still have this in us. today we refer to it as intuition though it is not as strong as it were for those who came before us who were far more connected with their God/s, the universe and their spirituality.

It's no coincidence you had all of these spectacular ancient societies all over the world with a shared common knowledge about earth, creation and so forth using commonsense (or the ability to see the truth using our natural senses), theism/spirituality and HONEST science.

but that was the past.
the introduction of modern science has not only weakened our connection with the universe and our spirituality but also our sense of creativity.

Some of our forefathers challenged nature, went against the grain and thus have forsaken our generation who are more about trying to disprove spirituality/God and explain the unexplainable.

Speaking of which....

i doubt this will make sense to you being that you are an atheist and really, only those who accept true spirituality will understand.

When you have people who really have to ask how were the pyramids created without alien involvement or the stones placed on easter island without construction tools and trucks, you know we are in trouble. grin

as if what we know today is not due to those who came before us, 99% of whom were spiritual-theists who sited their knowledge as being gifts from God/s.

Explain to me how your Senses accurately predict the Structure of the Universe. Your Definition applies also to the Scientific Method, the only difference is that your "common sense definition" only comes in when we have collected Data and information on an Entity. It is then we put the Jig Saw together and make sense out of Nonsense. I personally don't see how your senses give you a result when no Data was collected. How do you know how many Moons Saturn has, when no telescope was Used?
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 9:10pm On Aug 29, 2013
Apparently, Kails cant tell the difference between astrology and astronomy.....

This is what happens when a woman is an ASStronaut rather than reading about astronauts and space
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by UyiIredia(m): 9:20pm On Aug 29, 2013
Logicboy03: Apparently, Kails cant tell the difference between astrology and astronomy.....

This is what happens when a woman is an ASStronaut rather than reading about astronauts and space

Why the innuendos ? There's such a thing as sexual harassment, not that I think she's the type, more like you being uncouth.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 10:13pm On Aug 29, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Why the innuendos ? There's such a thing as sexual harassment, not that I think she's the type, more like you being uncouth.

Is this a failed attempt at being a hero?
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 10:17pm On Aug 29, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

it's cool.
logicboy could never offend me.
this is the same guy who ethered himself on so many occasions.

his anger is with God not letting him have his own way lolz.
there are two ways to shut a cry baby up without spoiling them: give them a pacifier or ignore them.

and i don't have a pacifier so...
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 29, 2013
Van snickers:

Explain to me how your Senses accurately predict the Structure of the Universe. Your Definition applies also to the Scientific Method, the only difference is that your "common sense definition" only comes in when we have collected Data and information on an Entity. It is then we put the Jig Saw together and make sense out of Nonsense. I personally don't see how your senses give you a result when no Data was collected. How do you know how many Moons Saturn has, when no telescope was Used?

of course you wouldn't because you do not believe in God lol.
even when it's been proven that those people knew all about the cosmos prior to European involvement you STILL fail to accept that their knowledge was due to divine intervention and deep rooted spirituality.

and frankly that's not my problem bruv. grin
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 10:37pm On Aug 29, 2013
@topic...back to the videos.

are we an illusion? (lol @ the previous typo! grin)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eIkF2I2qPI

The Universe is an Illusion, But Consciousness Isn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Byqy249bXkc

thought provoking videos...
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 29, 2013
Consciousness is only the center of importance to those who are conscious. The sun is only bright because we have eyes. Solids only exist because we're so large compared to the vibrating particles that appear to be a singular solid.

But I disagree about our thoughts creating the universe. It seems that consciousness is reactionary to things that happen. We are our environments. We're born into this thing, not the other way around.

WELL SAID!!
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 10:49pm On Aug 29, 2013
*Kails*:

it's cool.
logicboy could never offend me.
this is the same guy who ethered himself on so many occasions.

his anger is with God not letting him have his own way lolz.
there are two ways to shut a cry baby up without spoiling them: give them a pacifier or ignore them.

and i don't have a pacifier so...

Hmmmm.........see this ode. Just because I always make booty jokes you somehow believe that I am angry?

Lol
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 11:24pm On Aug 29, 2013
see this mugu self snitching.
carry on. lol
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Adamskuty(m): 6:27pm On Aug 30, 2013
*Kails*:

HEY WHAT'S UP?! smiley
they are a tribe in west Africa who are known for their awesome masks, dances,
and superior knowledge of the cosmos.
thanks! Jamaican beauty grin u keep on educating me,i wonder where u learned all these from! U seems to know quite alot about different african ethnic group!

I'll come to ur house so u could teach me some more( in the day and at night), grin just me and u in that house shawty! In that very house! Ommg!

1 Like

Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 30, 2013
Adamskuty: thanks! Jamaican beauty grin u keep on educating me,i wonder where u learned all these from! U seems to know quite alot about different african ethnic group!

I'll come to ur house so u could teach me some more( in the day and at night), grin just me and u in that house shawty! In that very house! Ommg!

lol you nor well.
anyone ever tell you that? grin

I mostly get my info by doing lots of research from the internet, documentaries and reading books.
I like to study things most people in our generation tend overlook wink

you should do it too when you have spare time smiley
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Adamskuty(m): 7:35pm On Aug 30, 2013
*Kails*:

lol you nor well.
anyone ever tell you that? grin

I mostly get my info by doing lots of research from the internet, documentaries and reading books.
I like to study things most people in our generation tend overlook wink

you should do it too when you have spare time smiley
i can only do that with u swrry grin just by my side ,hehe
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 10:25pm On Aug 30, 2013
Adamskuty: i can only do that with u swrry grin just by my side ,hehe

lol no violation..
you promise? tongue

or else I will call mrschima on you grin
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Adamskuty(m): 7:07pm On Aug 31, 2013
*Kails*:

lol no violation..
you promise? tongue

or else I will call mrschima on you grin
i cross my heart wink as long as u won't call mama chima grin but before we start the lesson u will have to blow me a kiss on my left cheek grin grin
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Heathen(m): 8:21pm On Aug 31, 2013
Solids only exist because we're so large compared to
the vibrating particles that appear to be a singular solid.
?

1 Like

Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 31, 2013
Heathen: ?

lol it took me a while to figure that one out grin
i just don't think he worded it right.
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 31, 2013
Adamskuty: i cross my heart wink as long as u won't call mama chima grin but before we start the lesson u will have to blow me a kiss on my left cheek grin grin

LOL

"CHIMAAAAAA!" tongue grin
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Heathen(m): 8:51pm On Aug 31, 2013
*Kails*:

lol it took me a while to figure that one out grin
i just don't think he worded it right.
What does he actually mean?
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Kalvan: 9:05pm On Aug 31, 2013
Heathen: ?

All Solids are made up of Particles, these particles are Atoms.

The only reason why the Solid appears in solid form to us is because we are much larger than these Atoms. If we were at a microscopic level size, we'll be able to see each constituent Particle that is contained in the Solid.

1 Like

Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 31, 2013
Heathen: What does he actually mean?

Kalvan:

All Solids are made up of Particles, these particles are Atoms.

The only reason why the Solid appears in solid form to us is because we are much larger than these Atoms. If we were at a microscopic level size, we'll be able to see each constituent Particle that is contained in the Solid.

what he said grin grin

thanks Kalvan
Re: Interesting Videos On Evolution/creationism/spirituality; ETC by Nobody: 9:19pm On Aug 31, 2013
soo van snickerz...we meet again cool cool grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ifa Divination For A Client In My Shrine / Tb Joshua Replies Critics As He Is Live Now PICS / What's The Best Gift Anyone Could Give To You This Christmas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.