Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,971 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:14 AM

Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle (19034 Views)

Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday / Jonathan To Drop Orubebe, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle / Jonathan Effects Minor Cabinet Reshuffle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by donPhill(m): 9:13pm On May 19, 2013
There are possible indications that President Goodluck Jonathan might have concluded plans to offload four ministers from his cabinet in a reshuffle that is about to take place this month.

The four ministers-Elders Godsday Orubebe, Mr. Bala Muhammad, Stella Odua and Labaran Maku, are said to have indicated interest in the 2015 election and had obtained the tacit approval of Mr. President to proceed with the process of contesting the gubernatorial elections in their respective states.

A competent source told Vanguard that the cabinet reshuffle, the first major one to be undertaken by President Jonathan since coming into office after the 2011 election, is planned to mark the second anniversary of his administration and to pave the way for those with higher political ambition to actualise their plans.

More details soon

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/jonathan-to-drop-orubebe-3-other-in-cabinet-reshuffle/
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by musiwa26: 9:50pm On May 19, 2013
Stella odua , if i was igbo. i will vote for this woman in my state.. she is the mother of igbo tribalism. her tribalism is so high that igbo will vote for her.

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by donPhill(m): 10:09pm On May 19, 2013
musiwa26: Stella odua , if i was igbo. i will vote for this woman in my state.. she is the mother of igbo tribalism. her tribalism is so high that igbo will vote for her.
yea.....dat woman deserves it.......maku also did well aswell
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by AtheistD(m): 10:12pm On May 19, 2013
musiwa26: Stella odua , if i was igbo. i will vote for this woman in my state.. she is the mother of igbo tribalism. her tribalism is so high that igbo will vote for her.

So she wont make a good president then undecided

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by superior1: 10:16pm On May 19, 2013
Unless he sacks and prosecute Deziani Madueke, I am not interested in the yeye reshuffling

16 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by musiwa26: 10:24pm On May 19, 2013
she cant be president but she can be governor of an igbo state... president.. noway.. nigerian will protest and shut down the country. , i think she will be a good igbo governor.. her people will vote for her. i am 100% sure of that. she is very tribalist enough as a queen woman to win a governorship election in igboland. she will be like so much by mossob. that she will get enough vote to be governor.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Nobody: 10:54pm On May 19, 2013
Absolute power corrupts absolutely, they have tasted of it as ministers, now they want to go into it fully. I'm so sure that most of them want to become like Jonathan in the nearest future. They want to start from Govs-----»President(s).
But I haven't seen any tangible thing Maku did apart from shouting on air and on social media. I hope most of them realise that the paradigm shift in Nigeria now is so positive that most people will vote an aspirant based on physical and concrete projects on ground? Whatever sha.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Afam4eva(m): 11:29pm On May 19, 2013
Stella Odua should try the senate instead because the Anambra governorship election will be very stiff and competitive. Satan stands a better chance of making heaven than her winning it in 2014.

16 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by lertee(f): 11:32pm On May 19, 2013
maku has achieved nothing as far as i am concerned,he's a selfish local nasarawa man who is only concerned about his selfish political interest...good governance my yellow bom bom.... undecided undecided undecided undecided

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by UyiIredia(m): 11:38pm On May 19, 2013
Makuu pi$$ed me off with his verbal gymnastics in defence of Jonathan's subsiddy removal.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Nobody: 11:40pm On May 19, 2013
Afam4eva: Stella Odua should try the senate instead because the Anambra governorship election will be very stiff and competitive. Satan stands a better chance of making heaven than her winning it in 2014.
I swear Anambra is gonna be one of the most competitive states.. It would be waaay Berra she fyts for a Senatorial sit..
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Ojeremi(m): 11:42pm On May 19, 2013
who is odua stella,na she b d wife of oduduwa,d yoruba legend. Wetin she do self, me self won resign go contest 4 my village ,i nd ur voting.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by fallingsky(m): 11:43pm On May 19, 2013
ok oh.
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Adex097: 11:43pm On May 19, 2013
superior1: Unless he sacks and prosecute Deziani Madueke, I am not interested in the yeye reshuffling
seconded

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 19, 2013
superior1: Unless he sacks and prosecute Deziani Madueke, I am not interested in the yeye reshuffling
this is not a cabinet shuffle in the real sense, those interested in political offices are only being allowed to leave after stealing with impunity.

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Nobody: 11:44pm On May 19, 2013
Labaran to become a state governor ? shocked shocked shocked this must be a sign of end time.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by brownlord: 11:48pm On May 19, 2013
Lie- bara maku won contest for SUG president?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Mekusnwa: 11:59pm On May 19, 2013
I doubt this news. But even if it's true, Maku and Stella Odua deserve another political position for a good job well done as Ministers.
Stella Odua will go down in the annals of our history as the best Aviation Minister ever.

Under her tenure, the Aviation sector witnessed tremendous transformation starting with the remodelling of 10 major Airports and the upgrade of Airport Infrastructure across the nation.
Maku, on the other hand, has expanded the frontiers of public information management through his good governance tour.
He has really worked hard against all odds to execute the tour which is an eye opener into the workings of governance in many states.

I wish them well

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by nijanigga: 12:00am On May 20, 2013
Nigeria's defense spokesman Brigadier General Chris Olukolade said the operation was continuing on Sunday, with patrols sent out to secure towns and villages, and that special forces had killed 14 insurgents in battles that left three Nigerian soldiers dead and seven wounded.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by divatosin(f): 12:13am On May 20, 2013
Uyi Iredia: Makuu pi$$ed me off with his verbal gymnastics in defence of Jonathan's subsiddy removal.

He pissed you off? Sorry, he impressed me either. His defence for subsidy removal is justifiable.
Nigeria cannot afford this subsidy regime at the long run. The earlier we embrace the reality that subsidy should go, the better for Nigeria.

I have read several papers that conclusively broadend my knowledge of the negative effects of subsidy on the economy. I support its removal.
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Tapsorrow: 12:23am On May 20, 2013
tinkin of wat 2 say. pls hold on
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Finecat(m): 12:25am On May 20, 2013
Chop Make i chop Government, Banana Republic, Planet of the Apes. I don't care who he fires or bring to his Govt. they are all highly inept. Thieves go, Thieves come.
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Nobody: 12:27am On May 20, 2013
Y not DIEZIANI? Oduah, Anambra politics is not NCAA,FAAN things oh! Senate would have been beta for u. Maku, a gud info minister, a former deputy governor,we will miss him. Orubebe, dat Delta Government House is for Delta North, so pack one side. Diezani, go contest nah, u don try as a minister, make oda ppl 'minister' too nah
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by Jamesbrian: 12:32am On May 20, 2013
Nwoke m talk sense nah
Re: Jonathan To Drop Maku, 3 Others In Cabinet Reshuffle by musiwa26: 12:48am On May 20, 2013
afam who is in anambra state that did anything for igbo people that you know. you can find anyone... i think she is better off as governor of the state... than senate.. you need doers. she as shown she love her people more than she love other nigerian... and i will rather channel her energy to her state and not the senate.

I do not believe anyone in the senate at this moment from anambra state deserve to be governor of anambra because they have show lack of care for their people. all of the senators from anambra state can see the satellite pictures.. and no single one of them have cry foul people been cheater.. so i dont ral reason why they should be governor over people they do not care for.

When I said before 2011 that not up to 10 senator will return. How many did you see back. This set of senators. will face the same exit like the other senators because of satellite pictures.. they will all leave.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dokubo, Fasehun, Uwazurike, Al-mustapha, Others Meet In Anambra / 2019: Let’s Unite And Remove Buhari From Office – Wike Tells PDP Aspirants / Governors To Obasanjo: No Automatic Ticket For Jonathan & Tukur Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.