Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge (22557 Views)

'Jonathan Refused To Approve Fourth Mainland Bridge' – Ambode / Lagos Seeks Concessionaires For Fourth Mainland Bridge / What Are Your Views On Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by nkemKalu: 12:19pm On May 20, 2013
DJTee:

Did you read my post at all? If you want a debate, at least argue within the context of my response...Did I say anything about Niger bridge? Remind your paymasters that the 4th mainland bridge had been on the cards for far too long!!
Pls also remind your paymaster that the 2nd Niger Bridge had been on the card for too long. Shekina. Bridge...na Bridge. intent na intent.
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by cnwamo(m): 12:20pm On May 20, 2013
Oga please the lekki bridge is not a double decker sir, whoever told you so lied.
@Mods you guys aren't doing a good Job at all, there are so many unnecessary insults flying about and you guys haven't banned the posters.

yomexp: you mean the lekki bridge is double decker? wow! i saw the bridge from afar the last time i was on the island mehn... that bridge is a beauty!

guys! guys!! guy!!!
remember the "DANA AIR CRASH SITE"? the area is under massive reconstruction now. i will bring pics when work has reached advanced stages.

eko oni baje o....
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 12:20pm On May 20, 2013
Up Lagos state!!!
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by TonySpike: 12:36pm On May 20, 2013
yomexp: you mean the lekki bridge is double decker? wow! i saw the bridge from afar the last time i was on the island mehn... that bridge is a beauty!

guys! guys!! guy!!!
remember the "DANA AIR CRASH SITE"? the area is under massive reconstruction now. i will bring pics when work has reached advanced stages.

eko oni baje o....

Dude, I guess you read my comments wrongly. Let me correct you

1. LEKKI-IKOYI bridge - Partially suspended bridge (First in West Africa)
2. FOURTH Mainland bridge (proposed) - Double decked bridge (first in Africa). You can see the 3D pictures of its magnificence when completed already posted by Eko-Ile.

I believe these bridges and many more landmarks would make Lagos one of the iconic cities in the World in the next 10 years. I cannot imagine what would happen when Eko-Atlantic project is then added to the list. Lagos is actually set to be a tourism hub in a few years from now...
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Gbawe: 12:39pm On May 20, 2013
DJTee:

Spot on! Makes me sick in the stomach whenever cheapskates try to propagandise the most basic responsibilities and obligations of government. I blame this on those savage military boys who ravaged, brutalised & repressed folk to a state of mental surrender so much that most Lagosians now think the sun shines out of the backside of its rogue regional leaders.

You guys never fail to surprise me with this type of statement with which you succeed to only mock your own innate dishonesty, poor intellect, lack of political maturity and reveal the deep prejudicial bias you have against others. Who should Fashola and other SW Governors be leading for? Imo State? Anambra? How many of your Governors look beyond their core responsibility for you to be saying garbage against SW leaders? Peter Obi blatantly told Anambra folks not to vote for the "Yoruba" Party i.e Ngige of ACN. Regrettable statement considering Obi built a business fortune, unimpeded , from the SW. Yet dishonest folks like you run around the world, because you are indoctrinated to do so, claiming the Yorubas wrote the book on discrimination when the truth on the ground marks you out as a blatant liar.

I don't know how many times it will be explained to you that having wanderlust and nomadic inclination does not make you more liberal and/or tolerant than others. Conversely, being inwardly focused, being committed to introspection and being insular does not make people regional or prejudiced either. If that is the case then Albanians are more Liberal than Britons and Pakistanis/Lebanese folks are the most liberal people in the entire world !!! Of course we all know the truth that makes a mockery of this same as we know the truth on the ground in Nigeria that makes a mockery of the hypocritical and false allegations you lot shamelessly make against the SW. If Yoruba leaders are regional leaders, I wonder what you perceive yours to be. Let me guess "they see one Nigeria most" (Afam4eva), are the most liberal, most accommodating, most virtuous, most religiously tolerant, least corrupt and so on and so forth. Keep deceiving yourself. You only look a fool in relation to what is the truth on the ground in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 20, 2013
nkem Kalu: Pls also remind your paymaster that the 2nd Niger Bridge had been on the card for too long. Shekina. Bridge...na Bridge. intent na intent.

See? You now have your tails cowardly tucked between your legs.... Your argument is seriously devoid of any substance and it makes no sense dragging the issue with you. You are obviously struggling with the technicalities of the matter and i am led to believe your at your wits end already. However, hope you've learnt your hard lesson because you will do yourself a world of good, if you refrain from calling anyone a "fool". I will not allow bullies like you suppress dissenting political views on Lagos no matter how contradictory!
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by fabregas04(m): 1:05pm On May 20, 2013
billante: Excuse Excuse Excuses! Just get d work done we don't want to hear any excuses......was he expecting not to encounter any challenges, if its GEJ now he is clueless....when federal govt says the contractors working on its road project are being kidnapped and affecting d pace of d work,the ACN laptop gang will starting the regular sermon of cluelessness of GEJ, now their master is giving excuses upon excuses and they clap for him.

FG promised 2nd niger bridge two yrs ago and real construction work is about starting while Lasg promise 4th mainland bridge since tinubu administration and they are still discussing on right of way 16 yrs after!! You re d one dat is clueless. U don't seem to knw what u re saying.

Who is now clueless
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by olivertwist: 1:13pm On May 20, 2013
cheesy grin cheesy Easy Sir Gbawe!
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Chillypelly(m): 1:42pm On May 20, 2013
Jaidey-one:
Mr man prepare to be fired. This is an own goal against your pay master. Igbos have been clamouring for 2nd NB for at least 13years of PDP presidency. The suspension bridge Lagos built in no time is longer than the proposed 2nd NB. 4th MB is going to be 26km long. You don't compare a 26km bridge to a bridge that is less than 800m. The FG with the huge resource at it's disposal can't even build a 1km bridge yet you can come here and spew trash about the delay of the 4th MB. Vote fashola as president and i can assure you igbos would get a suspension bridge across river niger in no time.

I just hope your thinking capacity is functioning In your right thoughts a bridge can span 26km Please consult a doctor for medical help.
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Gbawe: 1:52pm On May 20, 2013
DJTee:

Honestly....whats the real essence of your post? Well suggest you reconstruct in simple understandable English, Mr Blabbing-old-silly-Arrow!

Of course you won't get it. Nauseating bigot. That is what you are indoctrinated from the womb to do. I.e tell lies about others and assassinate their character while proffering you and yours virtuous/innocent always. Never mind that the reality on the ground bears no semblance to the shameless lies your hateful sort tell with a straight face. Tell the forum exactly what makes Yoruba leaders more deserving of being called "rogue regional leaders" than yours. Shameless reprobate.
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Jaideyone(m): 1:54pm On May 20, 2013
Chillypelly:

I just hope your thinking capacity is functioning In your right thoughts a bridge can span 26km Please consult a doctor for medical help.
shocked see ignorance!!!

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_bridges_in_the_world
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Gbawe: 2:00pm On May 20, 2013
olivertwist: cheesy grin cheesy Easy Sir Gbawe!

Man mi, Nothing I hate more than prejudiced idiots who can never stop to tell themselves the truth. Their whole existence revolves around telling lies about others they were told and will in turn tell to their own kids. If Yoruba leaders, in the arena of misdeed called Nigeria, can be deemed "regional" then the fool should tell us what marks out his leaders as different. Some of these fools just come with a nauseating capacity for self-deceit that would even test the patience of Jesus. Someone should ask the idiot what makes Yoruba leaders "regional" in comparison to others.
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Fishout(m): 2:00pm On May 20, 2013
Firstly l commended Mr fashola for d development work he has done nd those one he intends to do.may God be with him nd guide him to be successful at d end of his tenure.l 'm not a pdp or acn member,bt to say d fact,fashola tried nd deserve praise.secondly,those who compare gej with fashola here are imcompareable.i 'm sure if it is gej that is in position of fashola will not do anything dat deserve praise.because i was totally disappointed in his govt.EKO KONI BAJE. OSUN KONI DARU.iLE YORUBA kONI BAJE. U n i t y we STAND DIVIDED WILL FALL.GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by TonySpike: 2:05pm On May 20, 2013
Chillypelly:

[quote=]
[b]The Bang Na Expressway (full name: Bang Na - Bang Phli - Bang Pakong Expressway), officially Burapha Withi Expressway (Thai: ทางพิเศษบูรพาวิถี), is a 55 km[1] long six-lane elevated highway in Thailand. It is a toll road and runs above National Highway route 34, (Bang Na–Bang Pakong Highway) owned by the Expressway Authority of Thailand (EXAT).

The highway is elevated onto a viaduct that has an average span length of 42 meters. It is a 27-meter wide box girder bridge and was completed in January 2000. It took 1,800,000 cubic meters of concrete to build the bridge. The structure was built using a design-build contracting method and was designed by Jean M. Muller.

There are two toll plazas on the elevated structure where the structure must widen to accommodate twelve lanes.

It is often considered to be one of the longest bridges in the world (until 2010 the longest) but it is excluded from some lists since it does not cross a body of water for most of its length. The biggest body of water that it crosses is the Bang Pakong River.[/b]
[/quote]

That's the longest bridge in the world, dude. For more information, read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_longest_bridges_in_the_world
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by aniyphil: 2:06pm On May 20, 2013
scipher: Rushing to buy land in IKD

errrm . . .before buying, please be sure not to buy where the new bridge will be passing thru . . .watch out for uncle Fash's bulldozers grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 20, 2013
Gbawe:

Of course you won't get it. Nauseating bigot. That is what you are indoctrinated from the womb to do. I.e tell lies about others and assassinate their character while proffering you and yours virtuous/innocent always. Never mind that the reality on the ground bears no semblance to the shameless lies your hateful sort tell with a straight face. Tell the forum exactly what makes Yoruba leaders more deserving of being called "rogue regional leaders" than yours. Shameless reprobate.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself. An acerbic tongue plus an explosive temper won't take you far - can tell you that for free! Rather than launch into a tirade of "sweet nothings", my point remains the same - political leaders in Lagos (not really bothered about the SW since the demographics are not any better than in the north) should not dogmatically feel they are doing us a favour by providing basic infrastructure. That's their freaking job for crying out freaking loud considering the enormous resources at their disposal!! And by the way, that's why its called BASIC infrastructure.

And you know what's really nauseating? Its regional leaders who time after time put narrow interests of a few well ahead of collective interests of all. This dangerous and self destructive gene which now seems permanently ingrained into Yoruba fabric was unwittingly birthed when Awo accepted number 2 role in Gowon's government to preserve a federation that fell apart the moment innocent blood of its own citizens were spilled in the North. It would appear he did this so he could become president of the federal republic one day - how very wrong he was. Same mistake with MKO Abiola and Earnest Shonekan. From these past experiences, its unlikely the Yoruba won't get diddly squat from all of Tinubu's ongoing hobnobbing with Buhari...but you know what the sad vicious cycle will simply continue!

The most important lessons I've learned about life - time always reveal the truth. You may choose to ignore and keep running from the truth but in the fullness of time, it'll eventuallycatch up with you
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 3:06pm On May 20, 2013
billante:

What is this fool blabbing about!? I have to wake myself up twice while read you post! The essay is a sleeping tablet.

The chap was obviously referring to me and i won't condone calling him a fool even though he deserves it.

I find it disturbing how people will just spit venom at the slightest provocation. And its no excuse to blame it on the Nigerian economy...at least we are all in it together. I also know based on this example that the guy is either broke or oppressed, with a shackled mind and a compromised ability to argue or comprehend logically. That guy needs help!
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by phantom(m): 3:55pm On May 20, 2013
DJTee:

The chap was obviously referring to me and i won't condone calling him a fool even though he deserves it.

I find it disturbing how people will just spit venom at the slightest provocation. And its no excuse to blame it on the Nigerian economy...at least we are all in it together. I also know based on this example that the guy is either broke or oppressed, with a shackled mind and a compromised ability to argue or comprehend logically. That guy needs help!
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by phantom(m): 3:55pm On May 20, 2013
DJTee:

easy my man...lol.
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 20, 2013
DJTee:

Check yourself before you wreck yourself. An acerbic tongue plus an explosive temper won't take you far - can tell you that for free! Rather than launch into a tirade of "sweet nothings", my point remains the same - political leaders in Lagos (not really bothered about the SW since the demographics are not any better than in the north) should not dogmatically feel they are doing us a favour by providing basic infrastructure. That's their freaking job for crying out freaking loud considering the enormous resources at their disposal!! And by the way, that's why its called BASIC infrastructure.

And you know what's really nauseating? Its regional leaders who time after time put narrow interests of a few well ahead of collective interests of all. This dangerous and self destructive gene which now seems permanently ingrained into Yoruba fabric was unwittingly birthed when Awo accepted number 2 role in Gowon's government to preserve a federation that fell apart the moment innocent blood of its own citizens were spilled in the North. It would appear he did this so he could become president of the federal republic one day - how very wrong he was. Same mistake with MKO Abiola and Earnest Shonekan. From these past experiences, its unlikely the Yoruba won't get diddly squat from all of Tinubu's ongoing hobnobbing with Buhari...but you know what the sad vicious cycle will simply continue!

The most important lessons I've learned about life - time always reveal the truth. You may choose to ignore and keep running from the truth but in the fullness of time, it'll eventuallycatch up with you

And what exactly is your problem with what Yoruba get or doesn't get from Tinubu's hobnobbing with the north.
The only vicious circle I see here is the continued relegation of the SE to political irrelevance, if truth must be told.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by abes(m): 4:30pm On May 20, 2013
Aigbofa:

And what exactly is your problem with what Yoruba get or doesn't get from Tinubu's hobnobbing with the north.
The only vicious circle I see here is the continued relegation of the SE to political irrelevance, if truth must be told.
No wonder SE is desperately trying to attach to SS to feel relevant.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by FILEBE(m): 4:43pm On May 20, 2013
Jaidey-one:
lol show them the bridge jare ore mi cheesy this is longer than the proposed 2nd niger bridge o

please o. abeg o. just a question o... before una chop me! what is the use of "that suspension" in that bridge when a pillar can easily be used as it was used before someone suggested a to waste money on "suspending" something? like i said... na harmless question o. just answer me harmlessly too

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by dayokanu(m): 5:02pm On May 20, 2013
Aigbofa:

ENUGU Port-Harcourt Road. Owned by the Federal Govt

http://www.igbofocus.co.uk/When_Will_the_Second_Niger_Bri/when_will_the_second_niger_bridge_be_built-.html
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by EkoAtlantic: 5:04pm On May 20, 2013
FILEBE:

please o. abeg o. just a question o... before una chop me! what is the use of "that suspension" in that bridge when a pillar can easily be used as it was used before someone suggested a to waste money on "suspending" something? like i said... na harmless question o. just answer me harmlessly too

If they've used pillars you same set of people would have reversed the question to "what's the use of pillar in the bridge when wood can easily be used".
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by creativemusic: 5:13pm On May 20, 2013
our gomina continue o jare, we are behind you gidigba grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin eko ko ni ba je, ogu yio ma ti awon ota oooooooooooooo grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by yomexp(m): 5:31pm On May 20, 2013
Tony Spike:

Dude, I guess you read my comments wrongly. Let me correct you

1. LEKKI-IKOYI bridge - Partially suspended bridge (First in West Africa)
2. FOURTH Mainland bridge (proposed) - Double decked bridge (first in Africa). You can see the 3D pictures of its magnificence when completed already posted by Eko-Ile.

I believe these bridges and many more landmarks would make Lagos one of the iconic cities in the World in the next 10 years. I cannot imagine what would happen when Eko-Atlantic project is then added to the list. Lagos is actually set to be a tourism hub in a few years from now...

OK. thanks for the correction.
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by raphead: 5:40pm On May 20, 2013
dayokanu:

ENUGU Port-Harcourt Road. Owned by the Federal Govt

http://www.igbofocus.co.uk/When_Will_the_Second_Niger_Bri/when_will_the_second_niger_bridge_be_built-.html

ewoo!!!!! does this road lead to Hellfire ni. Oga mi this your picture na archiving things for those empty chest beaters.
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by dayokanu(m): 5:43pm On May 20, 2013
raphead:

ewoo!!!!! does this road lead to Hellfire ni. Oga mi this your picture na archiving things for those empty chest beaters.

And its not from Osundefender.com
Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by FILEBE(m): 5:46pm On May 20, 2013
Eko Atlantic:

If they've used pillars you same set of people would have reversed the question to "what's the use of pillar in the bridge when wood can easily be used".

no... nooo nooo. that not a good reason for not using pillar na. Is it? you too .. look at the bridge na. the suspension thing is uncalled for if not for show-off or is there any reason why that part of the bridge is suspended? pardon my ignorance o.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Commences Work On Fourth Mainland Bridge by CyberG: 5:49pm On May 20, 2013
Eko Ile, nice concepts! One thing I don't see is some form of transportation on that bridge, this will be a VERY big deal and will be almost impossible to add it after the bridge is built without it! How about a LRT running parallel to that same bridge? Trust me, I know that is another billion dollar project but the return on the investment will be very significant. In fact, imagine how people can lease stalls or shop from either side of the bridge not having to worry about walking or biking a whole 26 km to their chosen store? If you or anyone has the ears of the people designing and working on this project, this will be an invaluable addition to the scope!

Good one for Lagos and SW!! grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Holds World Press Conference This Wednesday In Switzerland / Bukola Bolarinwa Receives Award From Queen Elizabeth in The UK (Photos) / Sanwo-Olu Commissions Ajeromi Ifelodun LG Secretariat Burnt During EndSARS Riots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.