Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:14 PM

Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? (26344 Views)

Has Pep Guardiola Fail At Bayern Munich? / Cristiano Ronaldo Unhappy At Real Madrid / Did Mourinho Instruct His Players To Get Red Cards? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by AjanleKoko: 12:09pm On May 21, 2013
EmmyDe25:
Are u high?? Who gave Iker d best goalkeeper in d world and who says Diego Lopez isn't a gud keeper? How many years experience does Vitor Baia has when he won Europe most coveted trophy with Porto, or Dudek wen he won with Liverpool??
You're so off-point.

Dudek, yes. But Vitor Baia actually played for many years with first with Porto, then FC Barcelona before he moved back to Porto. He was no greenhorn in 2004. Far from it.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 12:15pm On May 21, 2013
EmmyDe25:
Which Fergie spent alot of cash? U min Darren Ferguson? If its Alex you're talking abt, i will implore you to go check d record and come bk to set things straight... Even if u were not born as far back as 86, i blv google and some oda search engines are there to help u in period like ds.
[size=14pt]
For the 1989-90 season, Alex Ferguson further boosted his squad by paying large sums of money for midfielders Neil Webb and Paul Ince, as well as defender Gary Pallister (a national record £2.3million signing from Middlesbrough). The season began well with a 4-1 win over defending champions Arsenal on the opening day, but United's league form quickly turned sour. In September, United suffered a humiliating 5–1 away defeat against fierce rivals Manchester City. Following this and an early season run of six defeats and two draws in eight games, a banner declaring "Three years of excuses and it's still crap. Ta ra Fergie." was displayed at Old Trafford, and many journalists and supporters called for Ferguson to be sacked.
[/size]

With all due respect to Sir Alex Fergie. Think well you will know that spending on players doesn't give trophies the way Mou had them. Except you just like blind argument.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by EmmyDe25(m): 12:18pm On May 21, 2013
Mou needs to be reminded dat Lampard is now 34; cant guarantee 20 goals a season any longer, no more Drogba, J-cole, Duff, Gudjohnsen and Robben to do d runnings and d bites again, Essien and JT are both shadows of their old selves. And Cech's form has blipped drastically due to hs high-level of involvements in almost all their matches, so cant give u over a thousand minutes clean sheet like he once did.
Bottom line: Your second coming might end up in a total fiasco... It wl be a huge baptism of fire.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by EmmyDe25(m): 12:26pm On May 21, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Dudek, yes. But Vitor Baia actually played for many years with first with Porto, then FC Barcelona before he moved back to Porto. He was no greenhorn in 2004. Far from it.
Tank God u said it yourself.... Now, is Diego Lopez a green horn?
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by mufikings(m): 12:30pm On May 21, 2013
EmmyDe25: Mou needs to be reminded dat Lampard is now 34; cant guarantee 20 goals a season any longer, no more Drogba, J-cole, Duff, Gudjohnsen and Robben to do d runnings and d bites again, Essien and JT are both shadows of their old selves. And Cech's form has blipped drastically due to hs high-level of involvements in almost all their matches, so cant give u over a thousand minutes clean sheet like he once did.
Bottom line: Your second coming might end up in a total fiasco... It wl be a huge baptism of fire.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by dammytosh: 12:31pm On May 21, 2013
EmmyDe25:
How much did d club spend on signings at those times compared with d ammount Mou was given for players, coupled with d squad he has at his disposal.
A coach dat cant succeed wtout spending some mouth-watering pounds around. Can Mou even boast of one player he developed as a coach since he came to limelight in 2003?
I pity for Ake, Bertrand, Oscar and d like, plus their fans who will now find pleasure watching Swansea play, rather than their darling club.

Spare me with the how much ? If money wins champions league, Why is Mancini crashing out @group stage.
like i said it does not matter to u cos thie is Mou.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by dammytosh: 12:34pm On May 21, 2013
EmmyDe25:
Do u have problem with ur reasoning? Ooh... So because Mancini won d community shield, he didnt go trophyless ryt? Can u please corruscate my ignorance on d difference between d FA community shield and d spanish super cup?

Super cup will not matter cos it is Mou.

That is a trophy, u can do the categorization as a minor trophy.

Why didn't Wenger win Super Cup.

#ForThisUnnecessaryHatredForMou
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by AjanleKoko: 12:37pm On May 21, 2013
But on a related note, I am seeing something laughable here. Some people are deluded enough to think Wenger would have won more trophies, were he given same resources as Mou.

Seriously? cheesy undecided angry cheesy
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by holuphisayor(m): 12:38pm On May 21, 2013
Mourinho was not only a failure at real madrid fc but also failed himself. He has a record of always winning a cup final at all cost to the extent real madrid rented a party bus only to be returned unused. I think he was brought to madrid just to stop the dominance of barcelona on spanish football eventually barca had won the league almost mid season,its just a disgrace i think not because he did not win the champions league.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by EmmyDe25(m): 12:54pm On May 21, 2013
Wahala90:
[size=14pt]
For the 1989-90 season, Alex Ferguson further boosted his squad by paying large sums of money for midfielders Neil Webb and Paul Ince, as well as defender Gary Pallister (a national record £2.3million signing from Middlesbrough). The season began well with a 4-1 win over defending champions Arsenal on the opening day, but United's league form quickly turned sour. In September, United suffered a humiliating 5–1 away defeat against fierce rivals Manchester City. Following this and an early season run of six defeats and two draws in eight games, a banner declaring "Three years of excuses and it's still crap. Ta ra Fergie." was displayed at Old Trafford, and many journalists and supporters called for Ferguson to be sacked.
[/size]

With all due respect to Sir Alex Fergie. Think well you will know that spending on players doesn't give trophies the way Mou had them. Except you just like blind argument.

Nice try.. Not just gud enof. Do u know United were far from being among d top 3 clubs back then? The club was Undergoin a transition period.... from Tommy Docherty who brought d club bak frm second division in 1975, to Dave Sexton, Roy Atkinson before Fergie. Winning trophies wasnt a tradition for d club bak then, it was rada sumtin accidental. And fergie then was busy trying to revolutionalize d team wit new signings to replace d aging ones, and bring stability bak as it once were in d team durin Matt Busby's era.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 12:54pm On May 21, 2013
Jose's time at Real was not a faliure, if and only if u look back at Madrid performance both in europe and in la liga since 2003. A big club like real not making the last eight of the ucl for 6 straight seasons, losing to Barcelona in 5 straight games. But since jose arrival real have reached the last 4 thrice, beaten barca(the so called best team in europe) 4 times in the last seven. Haters can say he was a failure but whoever inherits this Real side will thank jose in the end because he has made us stronger than we were 3 years ago.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by mufikings(m): 1:05pm On May 21, 2013
Oluwaseytiano: Jose's time at Real was not a faliure, if and only if u look back at Madrid performance both in europe and in la liga since 2003. A big club like real not making the last eight of the ucl for 6 straight seasons, losing to Barcelona in 5 straight games. But since jose arrival real have reached the last 4 thrice, beaten barca(the so called best team in europe) 4 times in the last seven. Haters can say he was a failure but whoever inherits this Real side will thank jose in the end because he has made us stronger than we were 3 years ago.

Seriously !!!?
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 1:16pm On May 21, 2013
Seriously what?
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by babyboy3(m): 1:20pm On May 21, 2013
sucess001:

Pep's team was better than tito's team yet tito's team is 13 points ahead of your 'only one'...

The 'only one' who lost to atletico in 14 years...

Tito and Pep has the same team....... yes he lost to Athletico, Madrid didnt get to the semi's of the CL since 2002, but 3 times under Jose!
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by mufikings(m): 1:25pm On May 21, 2013
Oluwaseytiano: Seriously what?

I wonder how many people realize besides the direct confronations with Barca it was his media offensive slander and intimidation off-the-field that cost us titles. referees started to let more and more go because they were clearly intimidated by the media image mourinho created forcefully that we were being helped by the referees and his team being treated badly. his mouth cost us the title last year, on european football too, everywhere you heard our players were playactors and referees let more and more slide, and opponents could play semi-rugby if they pleased. he created a dirty image of what should've been universal praise of the best football the world had seen in generations, if not ever, he managed to stigmatize barca and some of its players. I don't mind playing hardball, it's a grown up world, but a number of things he did are borderline insanity and almost criminal. no praise for this whackjob. that said, sure he manages to let his teams play aggressively and very compact, but I will never put his way of football anywhere near the level that Pep made us play like.

1 Like

Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 1:26pm On May 21, 2013
EmmyDe25:
Nice try.. Not just gud enof. Do u know United were far from being among d top 3 clubs back then? The club was Undergoin a transition period.... from Tommy Docherty who brought d club bak frm second division in 1975, to Dave Sexton, Roy Atkinson before Fergie. Winning trophies wasnt a tradition for d club bak then, it was rada sumtin accidental. And fergie then was busy trying to revolutionalize d team wit new signings to replace d aging ones, and bring stability bak as it once were in d team durin Matt Busby's era.
Are you new here? I am simply saying that paying huge sums of money on players does not guarantee titles the way Mou got them. Or lets say, getting a higher pay does not necessarily mean you are a better-performing player. I don't know if I need to mention Torres and VanPersie.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 1:27pm On May 21, 2013
Barcelona are 13 points clear doesnt mean they were better than Madrid who dropped 8 points in the first 4 games of the season. By the way the captain of a certain catalan club said last season that if Madrid won the league without beating barca then it would be a shameful league title, cant imagine what he would say now that it has happen to his side. (how is he by the way? I heard Di Maria put him in a hospital.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by AjanleKoko: 1:27pm On May 21, 2013
Wahala90:
Are you new here? I am simply saying that paying huge sums of money on players do not guarantee titles. Or lets say, getting a higher pay does not necessarily mean you are a better player. I don't know if I need to mention Torres and VanPersie.

Let it go bros.
I see you've been defending Jose heroically since. Yes, we all agree, the guy has done a lot better than any Real Madrid coach since Del Bosque. However, by Madrid standards (and his as well, by his own admission!), his tenure at Real Madrid is a failure. Shikena undecided
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by babyboy3(m): 1:28pm On May 21, 2013
EmmyDe25:

Look united floated on the stock market this gave them the financial power to break transfer record after record. Do you know how many British transfer record they broke? and throughout the 90's United strubble to get out of the group stage, I could remember Galatasary deny them getting INTO THE GROUP stage and Fenerbache denying them getting into the Knock out stage.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Wahala90: 1:30pm On May 21, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Let it go bros.
I see you've been defending Jose heroically since. Yes, we all agree, the guy has done a lot better than any Real Madrid coach since Del Bosque. However, by Madrid standards (and his as well, by his own admission!), his tenure at Real Madrid is a failure. Shikena undecided

Could you please refer us to where he admitted.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 1:34pm On May 21, 2013
Even olympic gold medal gymnast cant do the perfect split as good as Puyol.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 1:36pm On May 21, 2013
Jose said he was a failure this season not at his tenure at madrid
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by AjanleKoko: 1:37pm On May 21, 2013
Wahala90:

Could you please refer us to where he admitted.

Well, he did say this was the worst season of his career in his post-game press conference on Friday.
Also, Perez did say yesterday that the results did not meet either Madrid's, or Jose's expectations.

What else do you need for confirmation? We didn't say he's a failure as a coach. But in terms of returns, these 3 years as coach of Real Madrid is the poorest of his career in terms of achievements.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 1:42pm On May 21, 2013
10 coaches have been at real since 03. Some last 2 years, others 3 weeks but Jose has been the best of them all. But his inability to deliver the la decima means he failed but he has left us stronger than we were 3 years ago.
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by biolabee(m): 1:47pm On May 21, 2013
Dude,,, i have to giev it to you... you try Fouphy A cheesy A A A A

BERNIMOORE: [size=18pt]Mourinho did not only fail, but an UNGRATEFUL LIAR![/size]

How could you describe a coach who was given the ultimate power, an exclusive power that was never confered to any coach throughout the 110yrs history of real madrid,but was handed for the ever firt time to jose Mourinho,(check this link next on evidence of highest power ever in real by mourinho)

http://espnfc.com/feature/_/id/1433917/real-madrid-struggle-jose-mourinho-legacy

This means that;

(1) Of all coaches that have ever won trophies for real madrid, none of them had to their advantage the superior power like mourinho but yet, under an inferior power, coaches like Vincente del bosque won 2 champions league and five other cups in 3 and half yrs,

(2) The function of Directors of football interfering with ANY of mourinho's decision had been cut down and reduced completely and subject 'only' to mourinho's approval at all time!
Director of football and other subordinate coach their role is reduced for the first time to be like 'a rubber stamp' no impact, no decision to be contributed by them but to always accept anything from the direction of the chief coach, which is even against the statutes of the office of football directors oversights.

RESULT;

(2a) Sporting director Jorge Valdano(who also won la liga for real madrid earlier) was fired after a bitter, year-long internal power-struggle during season one.

(2b) Zinedine Zidane, who was being groomed to take a more active role at the club, was sidelined a year later, when he was rendered like a dummy without impact that was promised by the club.

Florentino perez (the president) stuck his neck to mourinho at all time and atand by any decision or even terminate anybody who mourinho complained about, will see the exit door perez vowed!

for example;

(2c)when mourinho feels that he cannot move on with cassillas, perez jump the hierachy of footbal directors to ask mourinho what he wants, perez did not waste time to sign a new keeper Diego he preffered, Cassilass was benched and its final. mourinho's habit of not admitting mistake was manifested when he says that they should have 'signed diego earlier' then one would ask whose fault is it? with all the ultimate power with mourinho, perez was disappointed at mourinho trying to held anyone responsible, it was mourinho who failed to point out in time a keeper to replace cassilas. it is another debate maybe diego is better or not, but mourinho should know better.

Mourinho was totally unfair to florentino perez who risk his veto power to twist the age long tradition of real madrid club by bestowing the greatest power to suit mourinho but mourinho paid the president back how?

when the team lost to BvB less than 5 mins after the final whistle Jose was already talking about not being loved to the press, how do you describe a salt added to a fresh wound from such a coach with such powers?

NOW LETS ANALYSE,

[size=14pt]Mourinho says he is not beign loved in spain,[/size]

how true? and let see if he is very sincere and that if there is anyody or club that can satisfy him

(3a) when he poked tito vilanova in the eye, picture evidences shows it glarringly, mourinho should have had a lenthy ban,cases like that in italy ranges from 5 match ban and huge monetry fine, but was given 2 match ban.
but surprisingly the spanish FA later declared that mourinho had been forgiven! even his compatriot pepe who matched messi's hand was also forgiven while same offence attract 3 match ban in EPL.

(3b) can anyone check real madrids scores, then you see that they have highest penalties awarded every season all in mourinhos tenure.

it will be noted that no coach has ever enjoyed amnesty in spain, iwould have list few ones but i dont want to make my post lenghty

ANOTHER LIE THAT MOURINHO HAD ALWAYS GOT AWAY WITH WAS THAT;

he will say that he always leave his teams very strong, but it is another HUGE LIE that his stay in Madrid laid bare had it been that he won the champions lg last season(no wonder mourinho knelt down to pray before the penalty kick agaist Bayrn munich last season),

A worn out REAL MADRID team (After exhaution) that could not win a trophy this season,siting at a time 16 points behind Tito's barca all these would have been blamed on another coach in an unfair manner, even mourinho himself will be the one to stir intability for the new coach and his disciples(who are singing 'the man don try now') will shamefully follow suit without thinking like a mumu.i have seen his disciples defending endlessly on a hot seat and humiliated with jeers lately!

The Portuguese might say that his direct replacements - Luigi Delneri(PORTO) (two months), Avram Grant(CHELSEA) (nine months) and Benitez (INTER ML)(six months) - are not in his 'Special' class,

but there is a definite pattern there.

Those struggles to deal with Mourinho's legacy were caused by more than just sadness at the loss. Short-term thinking during his reigns has seen squads exhausted and youth development neglected. He has then returned to sign players (for instance, Ricardo Carvalho and Paulo Ferreira following from Porto to Chelsea) and often, even more damagingly, appeared to unsettle players who have stayed by remaining in close contact (for example, Frank Lampard almost joining Inter, and Maicon being linked continuously to Madrid for two years). Such tight relationships - text messages and all - rarely benefit the team Mourinho has left.

A similar situation seems to be descending on Madrid. There have already been apparently well-sourced hints that Xabi Alonso, Angel Di Maria, Pepe and Sami Khedira could all be with Mourinho at Stamford Bridge next season. Meanwhile, transfer policy at the Bernabeu looks in a state of disarray.

And for those who blindly follow mourinho,

see the pics below, mourinho humiliating another coach in the techical area on the pitchstand, is this good for football, does this makes him 'so called special or childish' see it yourself;
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by usbcable(m): 3:14pm On May 21, 2013
The Irony of this thread is that, the bulk of those so ardent to point out that mourinho failed are all barcelona ass*****.

Why take panadol for another mans headache.

They are so quick and pressed and enthusiastic at showing that he has a flaw. When did they become the mouth piece for Real Madrid fans? Self appointed overnight Bail and charge Lawyers
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by loswhite(m): 3:45pm On May 21, 2013
omicron: get ur facts ryt bro. He won la liga last season with record point
y do u waste ur time on ppl dat watch back of television
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by loswhite(m): 3:51pm On May 21, 2013
caukerzee: Shut the f u c k up. Have you heard of vincent del bosqe?? 2 UCL and 2 laligas in the same time frame as jose. You are prolly a kid who started watching football in 2010.
he said a decade or don't u know wat a decade is
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by loswhite(m): 3:55pm On May 21, 2013
caukerzee: Please you should stop talking nonsense. No player or coach is bigger than a club. Theres no such thing as El classico has lost its class. Before Mourinho was even born there was elclassico and after him there will still be el classico. The rivalry is bigger than any individual. Mouriho fanboys and bootlickers should get over themselves already!
so can u compare d rilvary of Manchester and arsenal in d days of Vera and Roy kean to nw
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by loswhite(m): 3:59pm On May 21, 2013
Broken TV:
which confidence he taught them how to fight abuse on the pitch believe it or not mou is a failure
hw would u know when u r watching from a broken tv
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by loswhite(m): 4:05pm On May 21, 2013
caukerzee: You Baboo! Get your ugly ass of my face i am not your kind. No be my fault say u fail maths for waec. From 2003 to 2013 is what? Idiat.
so which trophy did del bosque win frm 2003 to 2013?
Re: Did Mourinho Fail At Real Madrid? by loswhite(m): 4:10pm On May 21, 2013
caukerzee: Must it be stated in the contract? Why was pellegrini sacked even at a time when Madrid was still dominating Barca and he even Won the leauge?? In all the contracts of the coaches that Abramovic sacked, it wasnt stated that they were ment to win the champions leauge.
pelegrini never won the league and never dominated barca. U are acting like u started watching football 2010

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Chelsea vs Everton (4 - 0) On 8th March 2020 / Bournemouth Vs Manchester United (1- 0) On 2nd November 2019 / Chelsea Vs Southampton (1 - 1) ON 15th March 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.