Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:50 PM

My Pikin Deaths: Nigerians Jailed Over Poisoned Baby Drug - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Pikin Deaths: Nigerians Jailed Over Poisoned Baby Drug (535 Views)

''My Wife Killed Our Child, Hypnotised And Poisoned Me'' / Dutch Arranging Fake Weddings For Nigerians Jailed. / Edirin Onogeta-idogun Mother Jailed Over 'missing' Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Pikin Deaths: Nigerians Jailed Over Poisoned Baby Drug by imeller: 8:33pm On May 20, 2013
Two Nigerians have been sentenced to seven years in prison over the deaths of at least 80 children who took adulterated teething medicine.

The officials from the company which made the My Pikin syrup were found guilty by a court in Lagos.

After children started dying in 2008, the mixture was found to contain engine coolant.

The judge also ordered that the company be closed and its assets forfeited to the state.

The paracetamol-based syrup, used for treating sore gums, was found to have been contaminated with diethylene glycol, used as an engine coolant.

It caused the babies' kidneys to fail.

My Pikin means "my baby" in Nigerian pidgin, the language widely used in Lagos.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-22574689

(1) (Reply)

Vested Interest;beauty Behind Truth / Happy Father's Day / Have You Noticed That School Bus Drivers In Lagos Have Become Very Reckless?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.