Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,646 members, 7,801,883 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. (36234 Views)

Ethiopian Airline Making Record Sales From Enugu International Airport / MMIA's Remodelled General Aviation Terminal (GAT) / Latest On Enugu International Airport Update Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by JudiciumDei: 9:20am On Aug 01, 2013
Pls GEJ should be fast with the good work he is doing in south east before those tribalistic APC/Fashola/Tifnubu/Buhari/Lie Mohammed takes power in 2030.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by achi4u(m): 9:26am On Aug 01, 2013
This shows that Nigeria would've been better with Igbo president or SS president than those our northern brothers who have spent 40years with nothing to show for it.
North should stay of power for about 100years inorder to learn frm Southerns.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by achi4u(m): 9:32am On Aug 01, 2013
Judicium - Dei:
Pls GEJ should be fast with the good work he is doing in south east before those tribalistic APC/Fashola/Tifnubu/Buhari/Lie Mohammed takes power in 2030.
That's my only fear or,

He can divide the country asap.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Tintinix: 9:35am On Aug 01, 2013
IGBO-SON:

^^^Looks like something out of the 1970s! shocked

Serious Haters!
Next step open up the ports in the SS...
We will get there!
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by guvna(m): 9:39am On Aug 01, 2013
AIRPORT IS NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS OR SHOW OFF! I HOPE THE GOVERNMENT MAINTAINS IT, COME DECADES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by HOTWATER(m): 9:42am On Aug 01, 2013
I cannot wait for this airport to go full steam on international routes . we do not need to go to Lagos to board international flights . GEJ please try and also complete the dredging of the River Niger so that we can leave Lagos for the lazy enjoyment masters . They will need Visa one day to come to Enugu
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 01, 2013
omodapson:

True talk. Anything worth doing at all is worth doing well. Nigerians love to celebrate mediocrity while their leaders continue to milk them dry in the name of fake development.

Jonathan has travelled far and wide and has seen the best of everything.. Why should he come home to deceive his people with low end projects ?

Like Hitler once said "Never worry about what to tell the people because you can tell them anything and they will believe,and the bigger the lie, the more believable it is to them "

Nigerians deserve better than this !
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by bebechuks: 10:44am On Aug 01, 2013
IGBO-SON:
I so hate the work done on this airport! Everything is wrong with it!! angry
half is better dan none,wot type do u hv in ur state?
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by ideylaff: 11:28am On Aug 01, 2013
~Bluetooth:
Dubai international Airport

This is what an International Airport looks like. Stella Odua should stop parading these glorified runways as International Airports.

Thank you my broda.... we have bn so deprived of basic amenities and rights that we start to dance once a long stretch of road is bn built....

Also whats with this archaic and old idea. bush money wasting of resources idea of having pictures of the President and now this tima round Stela Oduas picture @ the entrance of the airport...

Also its d same in most parastatals and public & private sector hallways..../ its embarassing and so so tacky men...

Stop it Nigeria.....when the soo called leaders leave they now replace and do the same exercise all over again

Thank you my broda.... we have bn so deprived of basic amenities and rights that we start to dance once a long stretch of road is bn built....

Also whats with this archaic and old idea. bush money wasting of resources idea of having pictures of the President and now this tima round Stela Oduas picture @ the entrance of the airport...

Also its d same in most parastatals and public & private sector hallways..../ its embarassing and so so tacky men...

Stop it Nigeria.....when the so called leaders and looters leave office we/they now replace and do the same exercise all over again

See Stella Oduah picture for entrance.. what a bush country...

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1226308_AIRPORT_8_jpgebf00094add504e53713c6aa4d6be9d2[/img]

[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1116314_thumb2_aspx_jpg4f58dbc972cabc8e43ddd2ea5f13ca15[/img]
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Zechy09: 11:29am On Aug 01, 2013
@ bluetooth and other critics, Are you guys slow or just bitter or is there something else?

I live in aberdeen (UK) and the new Enugu airport is on the same level with Aberdeen airport and FINER than Dundee, Norwich airports and so many UK airports.... FACT

The Abuja airport was finer than the old heathrow terminals so STOP the nonsense!

You guys want the best, I also want the best but we cannot afford the best!

UK is building fast trains to run from London to north east of england for £33 billion(10yr project) and that is the kind of fast trains you guys want and also want it in 2yrs.

Please next election all you guys should just look for a clown or magician and vote into power so you can get everything done in 4yrs.

5 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by BrightCar: 11:39am On Aug 01, 2013
Is not step by step till you climb up the ladder? Kudos to GEJ administration.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by ideylaff: 11:44am On Aug 01, 2013
Zechy09: @ bluetooth and other critics, Are you guys slow or just bitter or is there something else?

I live in aberdeen (UK) and the new Enugu airport is on the same level with Aberdeen airport and FINER than Dundee, Norwich airports and so many UK airports.... FACT

The Abuja airport was finer than the old heathrow terminals so STOP the nonsense!

You guys want the best, I also want the best but we cannot afford the best!

UK is building fast trains to run from London to north east of england for £33 billion(10yr project) and that is the kind of fast trains you guys want and also want it in 2yrs.

Please next election all you guys should just look for a clown or magician and vote into power so you can get everything done in 4yrs.

"The Abuja airport was finer than the old heathrow terminals so STOP the nonsense!" ... which Abuja airport is finer than the Old Heathrow... r u having a laff or something....

Abuja Airport that is just a converted warehouse design with no character or desing concept...even this new airport on show here is better that the Abuja Airport... please

"HEATHROW TERMINAL 1
Terminal 1 was opened in 1968 and was formally opened by Queen Elizabeth II in May 1969.In 2005, a substantial redesign and redevelopment of the terminal was completed, which saw the opening of the new Eastern Extension, doubling the departure lounge in size and creating additional seating and retail space. The terminal has an area of 74,601m2. It is home to Heathrow's second largest carrier, bmi, and airlines belonging to the Star Alliance. It is set to be closed and demolished around 2013 - 14 in preparation for the construction to enable the second phase of the new Terminal 2, scheduled for completion in 2019."

This is the old heathrow terminal 1

Terminal 2

The new terminal 2 @ Heathrow

First glimpse inside new £2.5bn Heathrow Terminal 2 as bosses promise to learn the lessons from disastrous opening of T5•Heathrow's new Terminal 2 is set to open in exactly one year's time
•It will eventually handle 20million passengers a year, served by 25,000 staff
•Airport chief says he 'can't promise everything will be perfect on day one'

These are the first pictures inside Heathrow's new £2.5 billion Terminal Two, released as bosses at the UK's biggest airport announced it will open in exactly one year's time.
Replacing the old terminal demolished in 2009, the privately-funded terminal T2 will eventually serve 20million passengers a year

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Zechy09: 11:51am On Aug 01, 2013
I am not very sure you have passed through the old terminals at heathrow airport but won't argue that much as it is difficult to ascertain as that airport is just too old to look nice. Enugu is not a major city in nigeria so i have compared it to the likes of dundee, aberdeen, norwich etc which are at par with it.

on a general note, it doesn't make sense to compare Dubai airport to enugu airport.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Adrenaline123(m): 11:53am On Aug 01, 2013
~Bluetooth:
Dubai international Airport

[img]http://vision.ae/uploads/special_report_images/dubai_international_terminal_3_3.jpg[/img]

This is what an International Airport looks like. Stella Odua should stop parading these glorified runways as International Airports.
If she asks for money to build this type you will say she want to steal money, by the way listen to yourself, Dubai- belongs to a federation of seven oil-rich sheikdoms (UAE- United Arab Emirates) located in the persian gulf, i quote webster's universal dictionary and thesaurus by Geddes and Grosset 'Dubai is the richest state in the world'. Just be greatful for this new international airport at Enugu, don't just jump into conclusion without proper research.
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by akdjr(m): 12:44pm On Aug 01, 2013
THIS SHOWS THAT THE GOVERNMENT HAS NO PLAN FOR THE POOR,I HAVE NEVER SEEN OR HEARD WHERE A MOTOR PARK IS BEEN REMODELED.MEANWHILE, THIS IS THE SAME MOTOR PARK WHERE 90% OF NIGERIA USE WHILE TRAVELLING
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Bawss1(m): 2:22pm On Aug 01, 2013
It is good that the airports are being remodelled but the contractors should pay attention to finishing the job properly.

Half measures don't count. DO A PROPER JOB!
Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by londoner: 6:22am On Aug 02, 2013
I really dont know why people are posting pics of Dubai airport. How many airports in America or the Uk look like that?

Look.......take a look at gatwick airport...an INTERNATIONAL airport...some parts are a mess, along with many parts of Heathrow.

Dubai airport also puts them to shame.....thats the truth.

When I get back to London from travelling, I shake my head in shame over how bad some of it looks, compared to some other around the world I have seen.

Tha major downfall of newly remodelled airports in Nigeria, is that they little attention to shopping and food courts. Most modern airports look similiar to malls.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 03, 2013
supaeagles: who needs the grandeur of Dubai airport?? Dubai is the gateway to the United Arab Emirates and is a major commercial city while Enugu is a smaller state in comparison (not the capital of Nigeria or a commercial capital either but definately has a lot of commercial activity ). What Enugu is building as an airport is perfect for their needs : decent aesthetics and amenities. To now compare it to world class airports with much higher air traffic is unfair.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of The Remodelled Enugu International Airport. by henrychubayo: 7:18am On Aug 21, 2013
Flights have already start landing Enugu. Read it here.

First international flight lands in Enugu Airport

on August 20, 2013 / in News 8:46 pm /

By Tony Edike
ENUGU- FOUR days to the official commencement of international flights at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu, billionaire businessman, Chief Arthur Eze, Tuesday, flew into Enugu airport from Senegal.

The aircraft marked No 5MPZE, which landed at the modernised airport at about 3.20pm direct from Senegal, became the first international aircraft to touch down at the airport after it was upgraded.

President Goodluck Jonathan gave approval for the upgrading of the airport to an international status two years ago and laid the foundation for the construction of the international wing early this year.

Although work on the project is still on going at the various sections of the airport, the Federal Ministry of Aviation has slated the official commencement of international flights from Enugu for Saturday with the Ethiopian airline billed to fly in and out of the coal city.

Speaking to Journalists after the four-hour flight from Senegal to Enugu, amid jubilation by residents who thronged the airport to catch a glimpse of the first international flight, Prince Eze praised President Jonathan for living up to his promise, stressing that the upgrading of the airport would boost the economy of the South East.

“Look at me, I flew from Senegal to Enugu for four hours non-stop. I don’t need to go to Lagos or Abuja to catch direct flight again to Europe or Senegal. I can now go from my house to any place of choice. It is a good thing and I thank God for the development. The people of the South East will live to enjoy this because it will grow our economy,” he said.

He said that Ndigbo had been clamouring for an international airport from the military era up to the Olusegun Obasanjo administration all no avail until few years ago when Jonathan came on board and approved the airport and backed the project with resources.

“I am the first beneficiary of this beautiful airport, I am grateful to Jonathan. Jonathan has saved the life of Igbo people by reducing their suffering. Right now Igbo people who are noted for traveling overseas for businesses can do so from their zone. Jonathan has demonstrated that he is a wonderful human being and God will continue to bless him”, Eze said.

He commended the Minister of Aviation, Stella Oduah for seeing to the realization of the airport.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/first-international-flight-lands-in-enugu-airport/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

VACATION: Recent AirTrip Pictures to The State Of Maryland / More Photos Of South African Returnees After Evacuation By Air Peace / Overspeeding Driver Loses Control & Dies In Umuahia (Disturbing Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.