Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,112 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua (7751 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death / Okonjo-iweala Hands Buhari List Of Corrupt Deals Approved By Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by wesley80(m): 6:46am On May 21, 2013
Former governor of Bayelsa State, Chief Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, said yesterday that the state pardon granted to him by President Goodluck Jonathan was actually the completion of a process that started during the administration of late President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua. In a chat with journalists in Lagos, the former Bayelsa State governor said those who are condemning the president were doing so out of ignorance and that the president’s action was in order. He said the pardon is a “brokered deal”, and that he has fulfilled his own part of the deal. “The deal started during late President Yar’Adua’s administration. It was a pardon that was negotiated. People who don’t know what happened are the ones talking. But if I open my mouth, those who are talking will keep quiet. President Goodluck Jonathan was part of the negotiating team. There is no one in this country that knows issues surrounding Alamieyeseigha better than the president. He was my deputy governor and all that transpired were known to him. I am already writing my memoir. At the appropriate time, you will know. Without Yar’Adua, I would have died,” he said.
dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/news-news/54976-my-pardon-was-approved-by-yar-adua-alamieyeseigha
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by wesley80(m): 6:50am On May 21, 2013
Jonathan is no f0ol, smarter people always knew there was much more to the controversial pardon, even the US had to backtrack from their earlier stance when the facts were laid before them, only the ignorant and those inspired by the airheads in the ACN kept yapping.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by malc619(m): 7:03am On May 21, 2013
Yeah, I expect Yar'Adua's corpse to be exhumed and made to testify....

cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by miredia(m): 7:05am On May 21, 2013
Nigeria's politics is one huge comic scene grin grin grin
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by Nobody: 7:09am On May 21, 2013
Just like that and we should just digest it without saying anything.Yardua ruled for 2 years and how come he couldn't finish the so called process till he died ? Well I'm not stunned,a thief will always lie likewise a liar will always steal but coming to call millions of Nigerians and international communities "IGNORANT" is the most evil and imb'e'cilic attitude I've seen in recent times.

Stop lying to us cuz we all know the amnesty was given so you can run for the senate in 2015 and respect the dead man if you can't provide an evidence or any written document to substantiate your lie.

I blame Nigerian justice system cuz people like you should be serving life in kirikiri.

18 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by musiwa26: 7:17am On May 21, 2013
no such deal was made under yar adua .. they made up the story.

Jonathan only did because he was his friend.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by eagleeye2: 7:18am On May 21, 2013
this guy should just shut up and enjoy his pardon and loot in peace. If he keeps going like this, I doubt if something bad will not happen to him.
So he is telling Nigerians to go and ask Yar'Adua if he really brokered a deal to pardon him..... May be he will go there first.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by miredia(m): 7:18am On May 21, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Just like that and we should just digest it without saying anything.Yardua ruled for 2 years and how come he couldn't finish the so called process till he died ? Well I'm not stunned,a thief will always lie likewise a liar will always steal but coming to call millions of Nigerians and international communities "IGNORANT" is the most evil and imb'e'cilic attitude I've seen in recent times.

Stop lying to us cuz we all know the amnesty was given so you can run for the senate in 2015 and respect the dead man if you can't provide an evidence or any written document to substantiate your lie.

I blame Nigerian justice system cuz people like you should be serving life in kirikiri.

Dr. Mrs. Alamieyeseigha in full regalia.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by Nobody: 8:07am On May 21, 2013
musiwa26: no such deal was made under yar adua .. they made up the story.

Jonathan only did because he was his friend.

In keeping with character, he peddles more lies...

Alamieyeseigha lied against Yar’Adua – Rotimi Jacobs

Counsel to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mr. Rotimi Jacobs (SAN), has described comments attributed to a former governor of Bayelsa State, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, as lies against the dead.

Alamieyeseigha had told London-based NewsAfrica magazine in April that the state pardon recently granted him by President Goodluck Jonathan was part of the plea bargain between him and the Federal Government under the late President Umaru Yar’Adua.

He was quoted as saying, “My own part of the plea bargain was to convince the militants to accept the FG’s amnesty and I have not stopped ever since. The country owes the peace in the Niger Delta partly to my efforts. Till today, every day, I get one report or the other and I intervene because they all see me as their father, leader and governor-general.

“This pardon did not start from President Goodluck Jonathan. It was part of the agreement with the Yar’Adua government because he knew the story from the beginning. He was just carrying out part of an existing agreement.”

But in an interview with Saturday PUNCH, Jacobs said Alamieyeseigha could claim that the late President had earlier slated him for a state pardon because he knew that the dead have no right of reply.

“It is easy to lie on the dead. Someone who is dead has no right of reply. What I know is that there was no such provision for Alamieyeseigha in our records

“He applied for plea bargaining, which meant that he accepted that he was guilty as charged and he agreed to serve a lesser punishment from what he actually deserved. It is a way of escape as practised all over the world.

“But that is how much a plea bargain affords under the law. Nobody envisaged pardon for corruption charges. It is not moral.”

Jacobs said that in all the meetings held over the case of corruption levelled against Alamieyeseigha, there was no mention that at any point in the future he could enjoy a state pardon, except if he was referring to a private arrangement with the late President.

On whether this action could set a precedence for other public figures convicted for corruption, he said it would not be in other jurisdictions as it could not be appealed against, to ensure that the person feels a sense of remorse.

He said, “The United States is still holding on to some of his assets which he forfeited based on the judgment against him in Nigeria. They confiscated his assets based on that judgment; so, they must be wondering now that things have gone this way.

“But that is where law and politics clash. However, it is not good for our law.”

SOurce

3 Likes

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by malc619(m): 8:58am On May 21, 2013
^^
Wesley is BUSTED!!

Damn!! Its hard being a PDP booty-slave...

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by yuzedo: 9:26am On May 21, 2013
malc619: ^^
Wesley is BUSTED!!

Damn!! Its hard being a PDP booty-slave...

cheesy cheesy
grin
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by Lilimax(f): 9:26am On May 21, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Naija my country I hail oo! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy sad

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by Built2last: 9:28am On May 21, 2013
SUPER STORY EPISODE 2015...COMING SOON
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by Nobody: 9:30am On May 21, 2013
You kissed our cheek, and now you want to finger our a$$?
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by dridowu: 9:30am On May 21, 2013
because Yaradua is dead that is y dy are using his name to cover up their mess
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by Mamaflex(f): 9:36am On May 21, 2013
oh sharrap already! We are trying to get over it. Dont remind us of that bullshiiit.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by firstolalekan(m): 9:38am On May 21, 2013
~Bluetooth:

[size=18pt] HMN! I DEY LAUGH OHOOOO grin grin cheesy grin grin

[/size]

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by Dagoma: 9:38am On May 21, 2013
Go and tell them in UK, liar of the year 2013.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by emma26(m): 9:38am On May 21, 2013
Bluff is no substitute for Bullet...Mr
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by Nobody: 9:53am On May 21, 2013
yeah right........ its so much easier to pin it on a dead guy who can't speak......

seriously is that the smartest move this guy can come up with?..

shameless thwart......with a shameless thwarty pardon.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by Nobody: 10:04am On May 21, 2013
did he consult his spirit? undecided
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by Nobody: 10:04am On May 21, 2013
Dis man should shut the phuck up!
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by moodswing(m): 10:10am On May 21, 2013
My birth was approved by my younger sister.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by greall1: 10:20am On May 21, 2013
He's using his veto power at d particular time he can use it to pardon him.nonsense
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by Cholison(m): 10:22am On May 21, 2013
He should take a trip to any EU country to try his pardon. He used to travel abroad while in office, why is he not travelling? A fugitive is opening his mouth to insult our sensibility. May God deliver this country from itself.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by Preshy111: 10:31am On May 21, 2013
tooooo bad wudunt blame him: rogue;bcs yar adua is no longer aliv dey wont to shift d pardon to him so dat goodluck evil act wud be justified: people wey God go purnish plenty for dis world: alaemesie;d fact avnt stil changed dat u re a political thief
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by beordune(m): 11:05am On May 21, 2013
This shameless man should shut up please....
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by omenka(m): 11:16am On May 21, 2013
Who gives a Brazillian Butt whether it was approved by Yar'adua or the Pope

It was an ill concieved decision!! If I were the president, I would order your sentence reviewed in such a manner you would spend two life sentences in kirikiri!!

Lowly scum.

1 Like

Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by lacasa: 11:25am On May 21, 2013
Fresh Air
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by me1234: 11:29am On May 21, 2013
if he actually dressed like a woman as seen in the above picture was his passport at the point of entrance into Nigeria also carrying the same picture? People should stop lying to us.
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by Nobody: 11:34am On May 21, 2013
~Bluetooth:

ahahahhhhh , busted
Re: Alamieyeseigha's Pardon Was Approved By Yar’adua by dominique(f): 11:40am On May 21, 2013
negotiations for your pardon has been going on for about five years, so why are we just hearing about it now? instead of him to STFU and let the matter die on its own, who is even going to believe this load of horseshit sef?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibeto To Build A $386 Million Cement Plant In Enugu State / Amaechi: Buhari Creating Jobs With Rail Projects / 2011. Wow! - Igbo's 40% In Kano, 35% In Plateau, 30% In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.