Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger (23643 Views)

Protest Going On In Lagos Over Fuel Scarcity : Exclusive Photos / Protest In Lagos Over The Execution Of Nigerians In Indonesia / Robbery Near National Stadium, Lagos; Over 30 Cars Vandalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Afam4eva(m): 12:26pm On May 21, 2013
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Geomac: 12:28pm On May 21, 2013
Gbawe:

Yes. By voting ACN APC back with a landslide. grin grin grin grin

Hahahaha.....Chief, i know you are joking, right?
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Monicasque(f): 12:30pm On May 21, 2013
the post first said her baby daddy died then at the end it said he chased her out. which one is true
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 12:54pm On May 21, 2013
I-B.:
Why must these people travel to SW? angry can't everybody live in their state/region. Even with the oyel they have they are still shouting hunger. Just last week one came to Ib to cause wahala. undecided

I support Eko on this, we need region/state passport. cool

grin grin grin grin grin

You're a very troublesome girl. tongue
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 21, 2013
Our Yansh: Instead of going to the South-Eastern state where she will be able to seek help from her kinsmen, she crossed dozens of bridges and rivers to go to Lagos State, a state in the South-West..

Y didn't she go to Anambra to see Obi, or Imo to see Roaches. She could have gone to Enugu or Ebonyi to see either Chime of Elechi or even to Abia to see T.A.Orji. Yet she choose Fashola of Lagos State ahead of her people.....

Interesting!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Bwahahahahahaha

Our_Yansh handle is hysterical.

Poverty is real, yo!!
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by AjanleKoko: 1:08pm On May 21, 2013
The real irony is, this isn't really poverty. At least, a dollar a day doesn't seem to be her problem
She seems to know exactly what she wants. undecided N200k for business, which is rather ironic.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by ifyalways(f): 1:12pm On May 21, 2013
One Nigeria.

Believe it or not, once your voice or noise is noticed in Lagos, you are made for life. I'm sure she won't go back empty handed. More importantly, she'll get introduced to family planning.

1 Like

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 21, 2013
This is so so so so sad, the so called MOG who receive billions of Naira in tithe money , should take this woman in , feed her, cloth her and house her, alas they will not , for it was never about the poor and vulnerable but themselves and the building of empires. I literally want to throw up at this wickedness ongoing in Nigeria , how can we have poor people among us with all the riches we are blessed with.

I am waiting for the churches to do something, to sell their jets, exotic cars, mansions and give the money to the poor , no ?

1 Like

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by chi3280(m): 1:22pm On May 21, 2013
What is it with women around the world exposing their b.reasts just to show their grievances? Does it mean that if they don't do that, their pleas won't be granted? na wa o!
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by AjanleKoko: 1:24pm On May 21, 2013
frosbel: This is so so so so sad, the so called MOG who receive billions of Naira in tithe money , should take this woman in , feed her, cloth her and house her, alas they will not , for it was never about the poor and vulnerable but themselves and the building of empires. I literally want to throw up at this wickedness ongoing in Nigeria , how can we have poor people among us with all the riches we are blessed with.

I am waiting for the churches to do something, to sell their jets, exotic cars, mansions and give the money to the poor , no ?

I don't know if we should classify this woman as poor undecided
She's 21, got 5 kids already, and is looking for N200k to start a business. embarassed

Reminds me of some beggar that stopped me recently in traffic. When I gave him N200, he took time to explain to me why N200 would not feed him for the day. I had to end the banter with 'take it or leave it ogbeni' and a scowl.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 1:24pm On May 21, 2013
Revolutions start like this.

1 Like

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by dare2think: 1:25pm On May 21, 2013
frosbel: Nigeria , how can we have poor people among us with all the riches we are blessed with.

[size=13pt]Pastors to SELL THEIR JETS TO HELP AN UNKWOWN WOMAN?[/size]

[size=18pt]HEAVEN WILL FALL ![/size]
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Geomac: 1:26pm On May 21, 2013
frosbel:

Pls don't wait o except you want to wait till eternity.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Abujafood: 1:26pm On May 21, 2013
yuzedo: [b]Wait! What is the issue here? A human being in a desperate bid for survival took the only course she thought (correctly or not) would help her situation, a valid and understandable one at that, and people are here taking pride in the circumstance and location of their birth and asking why she didn't go elsewhere? LOOOOOOOL!!!!!!! grin grin grin You guys are the hypocrites that go to churches and mosques UNFAILINGLY every week! Haha! What a sad pot of schmuckism! I even thought (until i went back and re-read the previous comments) that this thread was supposed to be a rallying-point for helping someone desperately in need, and not addressing Lagos' superiority. WHAT IF YOUR MOTHER HAD SEX WITH A TOGO MAN, TOOK IN, AND PASSED YOU OFF AS YOUR LAGOSIAN FATHER'S SON, AND Y'ALL DON'T KNOW THIS SECRET YET? WILL IT CHANGE YOUR STRONG AND UNDULY ASININE AFFINITY TO LAGOS?!?!?! hah! The way una dey take carry tribe and ethnicity for head shaa! Funny stuff! Trust me, if you are in some chinese gulag far worse than sing-sing with a fellow Nigerian, that man will be closer than your blood brother, regardless of tribe. STOP THIS RUBBISH PEOPLE!

Besides, she obviously came to Lagos because most of the NGOs and institutions (not necessarily LASG agencies) capable of helping her are domiciled here in Lagos .... by virtue of the British Colonial decision to set up camp in Lagos .... by virtue again of its coastal properties and easy access to the atlantic ocean thus aiding economic activities and administrative efficiency. There are so many factors that make Lagos what it is, but y'all need to stop beating your chests like you personally built the city brick by brick and economic activity by economic activity. CHRIST! What kind of Pharisee behavior is this that we are so desensitized to the travails of our fellow human and argue on the mundane?! I give up![/b]

Don't mind them if they read the part where it was boldly stated that an official of the Human Rights Commission in Delta state advised her to come to Lagos they'll understand that she had actually sought help in Delta State before coming to Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by ifyalways(f): 1:30pm On May 21, 2013
AjanleKoko:

I don't know if we should classify this woman as poor undecided
She's 21, got 5 kids already, and is looking for N200k to start a business. embarassed

Reminds me of some beggar that stopped me recently in traffic. When I gave him N200, he took time to explain to me why N200 would not feed him for the day. I had to end the banter with 'take it or leave it ogbeni' and a scowl.
She's not your average beggar and does not want to beg for life reason she wants money for business.
Some give a fish for the day, others give a net and hook. Same for beggars.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by AjanleKoko: 1:33pm On May 21, 2013
ifyalways:
She's not your average beggar and does not want to beg for life reason she wants money for business.
Some give a fish for the day, others give a net and hook. Same for beggars.

Should she be given the money, or loaned?
People like this should be the target of microfinance. Though it is rather distorted. But charity is not really the solution to poverty. My opinion.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 21, 2013
It means Delta state governor doesnt care about anybody.

Shame on Delta. That state has most of the richest men in Nigeria. The Elumelu's, Ibru's, Ovia's.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by 740megawatts: 1:37pm On May 21, 2013
ifyalways: One Nigeria.

Believe it or not, once your voice or noise is noticed in Lagos, you are made for life. I'm sure she won't go back empty handed. More importantly, she'll get introduced to family planning.

Family planning? What kind of family will she plan again after having 5 kids at 21 years old? I thought family planning is meant to assist people to have the right orientation towards child bearing.

1 Like

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:39pm On May 21, 2013
Her story get k-leg. First her husband died. Second, her husband chased here away. Which is which?
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Seunolugbala: 1:40pm On May 21, 2013
She shuld av go 2 Uduaghan or the other S/S or S/E governor instead of cmin 2 d peace luvin YORUBA PPLE for arm. I stil dnt knw how she gve brth 2 5 children in 4yrs though she get twins among dem. Bt y Poverty in naija papa GOD
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 1:41pm On May 21, 2013
Gbawe:

Because Uduaghan does not give a damn. He will most likely have her locked up. Man mi, she knows what she is doing travelling all that way. By her thinking, someone will help her in Lagos. Imagine all the States she ignored to come to Lagos. Why did she not go to Bayelsa, the home State of Mr.President, even if Abuja is too far? Fashola, regardless of the noise on this forum, is the de-facto President in the minds of many Nigerians.

Uduaghan may not give a damn. But the person who advised her goto lagos is a clown because lagos has the biggest slums and largest number of poor people in Nigeria.

Maybe Nigerian movies informed her that Lagos is London.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by rapattorny: 1:41pm On May 21, 2013
yuzedo:

Wait! What is the issue here? A human being in a desperate bid for survival took the only course she thought (correctly or not) would help her situation, a valid and understandable one at that, and people are here taking pride in the circumstance and location of their birth and asking why she didn't go elsewhere? LOOOOOOOL!!!!!!! grin grin grin You guys are the hypocrites that go to churches and mosques UNFAILINGLY every week! Haha! What a sad pot of schmuckism! I even thought (until i went back and re-read the previous comments) that this thread was supposed to be a rallying-point for helping someone desperately in need, and not addressing Lagos' superiority. WHAT IF YOUR MOTHER Were Intimate WITH A TOGO MAN, TOOK IN, AND PASSED YOU OFF AS YOUR LAGOSIAN FATHER'S SON, AND Y'ALL DON'T KNOW THIS SECRET YET? WILL IT CHANGE YOUR STRONG AND UNDULY ASININE AFFINITY TO LAGOS?!?!?! hah! The way una dey take carry tribe and ethnicity for head shaa! Funny stuff! Trust me, if you are in some chinese gulag far worse than sing-sing with a fellow Nigerian, that man will be closer than your blood brother, regardless of tribe. STOP THIS RUBBISH PEOPLE!

Besides, she obviously came to Lagos because most of the NGOs and institutions (not necessarily LASG agencies) capable of helping her are domiciled here in Lagos .... by virtue of the British Colonial decision to set up camp in Lagos .... by virtue again of its coastal properties and easy access to the atlantic ocean thus aiding economic activities and administrative efficiency. There are so many factors that make Lagos what it is, but y'all need to stop beating your chests like you personally built the city brick by brick and economic activity by economic activity. CHRIST! What kind of Pharisee behavior is this that we are so desensitized to the travails of our fellow human and argue on the mundane?! I give up!

YUZEDO, Mr Banana Island.Your contribution surprise me,i thot u would be dishing out hw u would bring yr [b]hummer [/b]jeep and come carry the woman and her pikins to yr mansion in banana island at least for 1 week make she enjoy A.C small and chop yr big man food, then give her at least 500k for her business.ah Bros u fall my hand grin grin grin grin grin

Ok, back to the topic, it just goes to show hw really some people are frustrated,sme1 only 21 behaving like this because seriously she must have thot to herself at least let me disgrace myself and possibly get help than languish in hunger and die slowly.

I only pray she got help from an institution or an individual. The world is a harsh place,only GOD will save us all.

1 Like

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by OurYansh: 1:42pm On May 21, 2013
After engaging in relentless promiscuity the foolish lady expects to be fed by others....abi?? Shebi na dem send you to go dey "yansh" like dog?? While her mates were struggling to get educated and acquire useful skills that will be needed to earn a living, the FOOL was busy trying "69", "doggy", "wheel-barrow" and all forms of "ramming" styles.

Shamefully using her 5 innocent kids to solicit for sympathy. Was Fashola there when you were being "bombed" by Oga Police?? I hope the female members are learning. After fuckinng like a fool be ready to face the consequence later.

Arrant Nonsense!! Inexplicable inngredient!!

But for her 5 kids I'd ask nobody to help the senseless girl.

cool cool cool

P.S. That's view and "holier-than-thou" fools are advised to desist from quoting or referring to my post..

Thanks
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by AlfaSeltzer(m): 1:43pm On May 21, 2013
Seunolugbala: She shuld av go 2 Uduaghan or the other S/S or S/E governor instead of cmin 2 d peace luvin YORUBA PPLE for arm. I stil dnt knw how she gve brth 2 5 children in 4yrs though she get twins among dem. Bt y Poverty in naija papa GOD

Everybody knows that yorubas are soft spot.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by 740megawatts: 1:43pm On May 21, 2013
Of a truth, if this woman gets the NGN 200,000 she so desires, I can bet bulk of it will be spent on the upkeep of her 5 kids. I'm not trying to be harsh, but she actually put the cart before the horse.

1 Like

Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by sylva1(m): 1:44pm On May 21, 2013
Desperate times call for desperate measures...!!
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by francdec4(m): 1:44pm On May 21, 2013
Please grow up its 21st century. Tribalistic attitude isnt going to help our beloved Nigeria and Nigerians,over here in Brooklyn, NYC, people from Ghana and even Ethiopia often introduce me as brothers (imagine the distance from Nigeria in the West to Ethiopia in the East of Africa) and yes i have never being to Ghana or Ethiopia in my life. If Nigeria will achieve anything meaningful we need to start thinking towards being truelly one else just very soon even the most underdeveloped nation will soon overtake us in the committee of Nations.

I-B.:
^^^^
May be we should blame the britons then because they had options, but they prefer Lagos. Why?
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 21, 2013
frosbel: This is so so so so sad, the so called MOG who receive billions of Naira in tithe money , should take this woman in , feed her, cloth her and house her, alas they will not , for it was never about the poor and vulnerable but themselves and the building of empires. I literally want to throw up at this wickedness ongoing in Nigeria , how can we have poor people among us with all the riches we are blessed with.

Keep waiting for the selfish MOG's. One bought cement from me, moulded blocks with it and has been owing me since last year. To my surprise, i found out yesterday that he has started laying those blocks/fencing without paying me up. Since he has been claiming he will pay when money comes.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by degurl(f): 1:49pm On May 21, 2013
Whoever advised her misled her. The money she spent on transportation to Lagos could have been used to start up something except she got a free ride.

I am from Ika North East and I know we have calpable hands that can help her, she could have gone to our own state capital, besides there is St Vincent De Paul Society in Catholic church which readily helps in issues like this. She made a mistake going to Lagos when she is from Delta state. Even if Fashola hears about this, he will simply make a phone Call to Uduaghan and maybe they will take it up from there.
Re: Woman Protest In Lagos Over Hunger by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 21, 2013
I-B.:
If anyone wants to take a survey of how much people from other zones are entering SW, just stay at Iwo road bridge in Ibadan for 5minutes, you will shiver at the amount of "the young, benue link, edo line, imo transport company, chukwudi express, nassara link, Akwa ibom express, delta line" busses passing or parking everyday. I wonder if people are still left in those places they are coming from. Gosh embarassed

Yes, i dey come and go. Nah you be that woman wey dey sell orange for berger junction

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Construction Works Begin On Agbara, Lusada Roads In Ogun - Photos / Security Agents Mount Surveillance On EFCC HQ, Offices / Kaduna Primary School Pupils Escape From Bandits

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.