Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police (18369 Views)

Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment / Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again / Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by begwong: 4:20pm On May 21, 2013
Foxy_Vista:

Wetin you dey wait for na... Come protest for Force Head Quarters...
protest for who when he has been retired
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by Ochek: 4:20pm On May 21, 2013
brito:

Oga @Emmannuel, mind your tongue o, the person typing next to your keyboard could be an Ombatse member! @begwong no vex o! Uptill this 21st century u still believe juju power instead of the Almighty God?

u sure say u sabi the almighty God u the talk? na only those wey believe am na eim juju no the catch o! those police wey go there tell u say them sabi baba God? moreover bible follow yarn say make we no dey ignorant of the vices of the deviel
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by tpia5: 4:23pm On May 21, 2013
some tactics do not show bravery, but cowardice.
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by begwong: 4:25pm On May 21, 2013
Koolking:

My brother, GOD is all knowing. HE has all the power in this world, but...the Bible confirms there are principalities and power in high places, don't be ignorant or live in denial of that fact. Therefore give back to ceaser what belongs to ceaser. Iron sharpens iron. You dont expect to defeat the devil with guns, bombs or matchets but your understanding of JESUS CHRIST will help you defeat the devil. Let us not derail the thread pls. That's for another thread.
Thanks bro,when Moses turned his rod to snake,pharoahs magicians turned theirs to same,but what happened afterwards,shebi Moses own swallow theirs.
Juju pass juju abi

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by begwong: 4:27pm On May 21, 2013
tpia@:
some tactics do not show bravery, but cowardice.
and thats the tactics the retired CP tend to have up his sleeves after those lengthy years in service. cry
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by FoxyVista(m): 4:32pm On May 21, 2013
begwong:
Thats so so sad:'(

I forgot to add that he is due for retirement too... Albeit, willingly
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by begwong: 4:45pm On May 21, 2013
Foxy_Vista:

I forgot to add that he is due for retirement too... Albeit, willingly
Very pathetic indeed![b][/b]
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by tpia5: 4:47pm On May 21, 2013
begwong:
and thats the tactics the retired CP tend to have up his sleeves after those lengthy years in service. cry

your tactics were/are cowardly, sorry for you
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by MARKREN: 4:48pm On May 21, 2013
One thing I fail to understand in all this is why did the CP send over 100 policemen & SSS to a location that had no unrest. If this was the way BH & other issues were handled we would not have problems in this country.
There is a political undertone to this. My heart goes out to the officers who lost their lives but this should serve as a lesson to the police to allow themselves to be used for persecuting personal agendas of the political class
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by nonyreal: 4:51pm On May 21, 2013
Nawa 4 dis country,pls Mr president wat is stil holding d committee on Omabatase killing,we r waiting 2 hear 4m dem.lol,may der souls rest in peace AMEN
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by Mospring(m): 4:55pm On May 21, 2013
Cikoloko: My bro who was an sss was killed and d body hav not been found....
its a pity bruv......
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by emmanuel4758(m): 4:59pm On May 21, 2013
begwong:
u never hear what happened to the Army sent to arrest the man last year abi.
May be by the time u see those alpha jets turning to wax in mid-air,na that time u go no nwhen!
grin
shut up ur mouth could u remember bakkassi or issakaba they use juju and even hav inbuilt bullet prove in there body but wat hapen wen army seriously encounter dem abeg make we finish with boko first
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by dukenestor(m): 5:05pm On May 21, 2013
We need those cutlasses(AK 49) weapons in the Nigeria military,cos its the newer version of the AK 47
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by onatisi(m): 5:10pm On May 21, 2013
begwong:
Boda seun,if you want to know,the nasarawa governor is also a member of the group u are calling cult.
He had an agreement to run for a single tenure ,but now wants to extends it and they said "thats not part of our agreement"
So if they are a cult group,Almakura abi Almazaki is a cultist b dat nah!
grin
ok so what u are saying is that cult determines who becomes the gov?are they part of inec or what.or is that where the inec office is ?
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by fastlane84: 5:14pm On May 21, 2013
Cikoloko: My bro who was an sss was killed and d body hav not been found....

Take heart...
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by onatisi(m): 5:16pm On May 21, 2013
begwong:
u never hear what happened to the Army sent to arrest the man last year abi.
May be by the time u see those alpha jets turning to wax in mid-air,na that time u go no nwhen!
grin
na lie ,which kind wax?u think it is every bullet juju fit stop?u never see anything
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by Policewoman(f): 5:29pm On May 21, 2013
youngies:

That provoked the Omba'atse group who rose for self-defence. They only use cutlasses to fight."

He said there was an open confrontation between the police and the group. "The police fired the first shot. But the bullets did not enter the bodies of the Omba'atse members. The Omba'atse retaliated and inflicted pains on them."

More: http://channelkoos.com/index.php/news/4631-we-used-ak-49-cutlass-to-fight-police-ombatse-member
Hmmm... it is only in Ninja movies that i've seen people with swords/matchetes killing and defeating those with guns. Na wah o. Jazz things.
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by emmanuel4758(m): 5:33pm On May 21, 2013
onatisi:
na lie ,which kind wax?u think it is every bullet juju fit stop?u never see anything
wat hapen to osama wit all his juju mighty bullet stil kill make una pray so dat army no go attack una if dey use alpha jet dat community wil turn to desert if u know wat hapen to isakaba u wil no dat army has multiple juju do u tink boko men does nt hav juju bt wat is hapenin nw let me even tell u i never c any juju wey defeat army u said dat d man made army people sleep maybe u ar among d rumour monger period
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by onatisi(m): 5:48pm On May 21, 2013
emmanuel4758: wat hapen to osama wit all his juju mighty bullet stil kill make una pray so dat army no go attack una if dey use alpha jet dat community wil turn to desert if u know wat hapen to isakaba u wil no dat army has multiple juju do u tink boko men does nt hav juju bt wat is hapenin nw let me even tell u i never c any juju wey defeat army u said dat d man made army people sleep maybe u ar among d rumour monger period
no mind dem,for liberia civil war ,the rebels and doe soldiers get plenty juju,dis kind juju na confirm one wey dem dey use pregnany woman do,bullet still the tear tear them apart.
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 21, 2013
Koolking:

From the onset, the story has been skewed in favour of the govt. Must everything be exaggerated in order to gain public sympathy? Our govt has hijacked the press to report in her favour.

They are not doing anything wrong by coming out to debunk some of the stories from the govt press. Whoever believes our press is very naive. Why should the public sympathise with the govt on the killing of the police when the general public is in the know of the operations of our security forces who operate with total disrespect and disregard to human right and life. They ultimately provoke this unavoidable killings. Security forces are meant to protect but the mission of the Nigerian security forces (police) are to intimidate, extort, maim and kill...that's their signature.

Since our govt can not tell the world the truth about the whole imbroglio, let this group tell us what happen, we will collaborate the stories and watch as events unfold. A confuse govt gives rise to a confuse state. It is time we embraced the truth, that's what will set us free. Oh what a relief, I stopped listening to political news and/reading newspaper for a time that seems like eternity now. Our local TV channels censored news sucks, I don't waste my time on them. Am out

I agree the Ombatse had not committed any crimes before this attack, but you need to understand my question and it strickly from the point of the rule of law.

The police orders the arrest of a man or a group of people. This group turn around and kill all the police men - 95 of them and the story simply ends there? Is it now ok to resist arrest and kill policemen in Nigeria? So if policeman comes to anybody's house, it is ok to just come out and beat the policemen or even kill the policemen. I do not have anything against the Ombatse cult, and it is obvious the motives for their arrest was clandestine, no doubt. I just worry for law and order in my country. When people just go around killing policemen and it ends there. An Assistant Commissioner of police led the team o!
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by dad007(m): 6:13pm On May 21, 2013
Koolking:

From the onset, the story has been skewed in favour of the govt. Must everything be exaggerated in order to gain public sympathy? Our govt has hijacked the press to report in her favour.

They are not doing anything wrong by coming out to debunk some of the stories from the govt press. Whoever believes our press is very naive. Why should the public sympathises with the govt on the killing of the police when the general public is in the know of the operations of our security forces who operate with total disrespect and disregard to human right and life. They ultimately provoke this avoidable killings. Security forces are meant to protect but the mission of the Nigerian security forces (police) are to intimidate, extort, maim and kill...that's their signature.

Since our govt can not tell the world the truth about the whole imbroglio, let this group tell us what happen, we will collaborate the stories and watch as events unfold. A confuse govt gives rise to a confuse state. It is time we embraced the truth, that's what will set us free. Oh what a relief, I stopped listening to political news and/reading newspaper for a time that seems like eternity now. Our local TV channels censored news sucks, I don't waste my time on them. Am out
You have spoken well.
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by begwong: 6:13pm On May 21, 2013
onatisi:
ok so what u are saying is that cult determines who becomes the gov?are they part of inec or what.or is that where the inec office is ?
notin concern inec here. u tink say most of this governors no dey visit shrines before and after ascension into office?
u forget d gov tthat was found naked in okija shrine
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by Koolking(m): 6:19pm On May 21, 2013
Nashville:

I agree the Ombatse had not committed any crimes before this attack, but you need to understand my question and it strickly from the point of the rule of law.

The police orders the arrest of a man or a group of people. This group turn around and kill all the police men - 95 of them and the story simply ends there? Is it now ok to resist arrest and kill policemen in Nigeria? So if policeman comes to anybody's house, they will just come out and beat the policemen or even kill the policemen. I do not have anything against the Ombatse cult, and it is obvious the motives for their arrest was clandestine, no doubt. I just worry for law and order in my country. When people just go around killing policemen and it ends there. An Assistant Commissioner of police led the team o!

I never condoned the killings of the police. I have a problem with our policing system. Our typical system of policing is placing the police and their shallow minded interest first before the right of the people and the collective interest of all.

They had the mandate to arrest an entity (a single person that is not bigger than the community let alone Nigeria), as highly trained security apparatus, your strategy should pay off. There is always 'rule of engagement' especially where unarmed civilians are involved. The community rose against the police because of their pronounced intimidation, violation of the people's right. Why killed those you were not mandated to arrest. Why not use intelligence to achieve your objective. There are two sides to this story. Having been brought up in Nigeria, i am not ignorant of the excessive of our police men and women especially when they are in large number with guns armed to the teeth. Last year fuel subsidy protest is a case study. Their extremism is not isolated. I blame them for the killings. Whoever issued instruction to the failed operation must be called to book. We cannot continue to throw caution to the wind for the minor interest of some persons and allow bloodshed to continue uncheck. We need that much anticipated change NOW.

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by begwong: 6:21pm On May 21, 2013
MARK-REN:
One thing I fail to understand in all this is why did the CP send over 100 policemen & SSS to a location that had no unrest. If this was the way BH & other issues were handled we would not have problems in this country.
There is a political undertone to this. My heart goes out to the officers who lost their lives but this should serve as a lesson to the police to allow themselves to be used for persecuting personal agendas of the political class
thats the paramount qtn begging for answer(s).
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by Koolking(m): 6:22pm On May 21, 2013
Nashville:

The police orders the arrest of a man or a group of people. This group turn around and kill all the police men - 95 of them and the story simply ends there? Is it now ok to resist arrest and kill policemen in Nigeria? So if policeman comes to anybody's house, they will just come out and beat the policemen or even kill the policemen. I do not have anything against the Ombatse cult, and it is obvious the motives for their arrest was clandestine, no doubt. I just worry for law and order in my country. When people just go around killing policemen and it ends there. An Assistant Commissioner of police led the team o!

I never condoned the killings of the police. I have a problem with our policing system. Our typical system of policing is placing the police and their shallow minded interest first before the right of the people and the collective interest of all.

They had the mandate to arrest an entity (a single person that is not bigger than the community let alone Nigeria), as highly trained security apparatus, your strategy should pay off. There is always 'rule of engagement' especially where unarmed civilians are involved. The community rose against the police because of their pronounced intimidation, violation of the people's right. Why killed those you were not mandated to arrest. Why not use intelligence to achieve your objective. There are two sides to this story. Having been brought up in Nigeria, i am not ignorant of the excessive of our police men and women especially when they are in large number with guns armed to the teeth. Last year fuel subsidy protest is a case study. Their extremism is not isolated. I blame them for the killings. Whoever issued instruction to the failed operation must be called to book. We cannot continue to throw caution to the wind for the minor interest of some persons and allow bloodshed to continue uncheck. We need that much anticipated change NOW.
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by begwong: 6:24pm On May 21, 2013
emmanuel4758: wat hapen to osama wit all his juju mighty bullet stil kill make una pray so dat army no go attack una if dey use alpha jet dat community wil turn to desert if u know wat hapen to isakaba u wil no dat army has multiple juju do u tink boko men does nt hav juju bt wat is hapenin nw let me even tell u i never c any juju wey defeat army u said dat d man made army people sleep maybe u ar among d rumour monger period
no mention osama hia abeg.
wasnt he in hidding in paki when d SEAL visited him?
which jazz e get?
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by dad007(m): 6:29pm On May 21, 2013
Koolking:

My brother, GOD is all knowing. HE has all the power in this world, but...the Bible confirms there are principalities and power in high places, don't be ignorant or live in denial of that fact. Therefore give back to ceaser what belongs to ceaser. Iron sharpens iron. You dont expect to defeat the devil with guns, bombs or matchets but your understanding of JESUS CHRIST will help you defeat the devil. Let us not derail the thread pls. That's for another thread.
It wasnt about defeating the devil with guns, but attacking the innocent with guns as they normally those.But this time around it was raither the so-call devil that protected the innocent and turn those bunch of killers into dust.
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 21, 2013
Koolking:

They had the mandate to arrest an entity (a single person that is not bigger than the community let alone Nigeria), as highly trained security apparatus, your strategy should pay off. There is always 'rule of engagement' especially where unarmed civilians are involved. The community rose against the police because of their pronounced intimidation, violation of the people's right. Why killed those you were not mandated to arrest. Why not use intelligent to achieve your objective. There are two sides to this story. Having been brought up in Nigeria, i am not ignorant of the excessive of our police men and women especially when they are in large number with guns armed to the teeth. Last year fuel subsidy protest is a case study. Their extremism is not isolated. I blame them for the killings. Whoever issued instruction to the failed operation must be called to book. We cannot continue to throw caution to the wind for the minor interest of some persons and allow bloodshed to continue uncheck. We need that much anticipated change NOW.

These are the important points I was thinking of. There was an instruction from somewhere to arrest a man or a group. An assistant commissioner of police led the team. We need to know what truly happened. Did the police kill innocent people and their killing was a retaliation from a community or did the Ombatse cult just ambush and kill them. For me, this incident is actually worse than the ALUU 4. The only reason why it hasn't received the same kind of condemnation is because the people killed here were the Nigerian police, so most people do not care. I agree our policemen are highly unprofessional and use excessive force, but I think we as Nigerians need to know what really happened. This is tantamount to total breakdown of law and other. A state of complete anarchy when people can kill law enforcement agents and go about boasting in the open how they did it. Our institutions are weak but this is definitely a new low.
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by Babalegba(m): 6:30pm On May 21, 2013
Nashville:

The police orders the arrest of a man or a group of people. This group turn around and kill all the police men - 95 of them and the story simply ends there? Is it now ok to resist arrest and kill policemen in Nigeria? So if policeman comes to anybody's house, it is ok to just come out and beat the policemen or even kill the policemen. I do not have anything against the Ombatse cult, and it is obvious the motives for their arrest was clandestine, no doubt. I just worry for law and order in my country. When people just go around killing policemen and it ends there. An Assistant Commissioner of police led the team o!
this country will not progress because of intellectually stunted people, so it is alright for your murderous corrupt police to kill innocent villagers and not be challenged at all. Exercise your brain for a change.
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by Afritop(m): 6:39pm On May 21, 2013
TO AN OYINBO MAN, THE FOREST IS PROBABLLY BOOBY TRAPPED. Anything like JuJu is pure bullshit
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 21, 2013
Babalegba: this country will not progress because of intellectually stunted people, so it is alright for your murderous corrupt police to kill innocent villagers and not be challenged at all. Exercise your brain for a change.

You are too beneath me to warrant an exchange of insult. If you noticed, I was conversing with an intelligent person before you rudely interrupted. You do not have the IQ to discuss with us, so please continue drinking your garri!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Biafra: MASSOB Hires 500 Pastors, Prayer Warriors / Buhari Should Probe Himself, Shehu Sani Says / Benue: Fr. Alia Takes Campaign To Governor Ortom’s Local Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.