Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:49 PM

Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police (18355 Views)

Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment / Ombatse Militiamen Attack Herdsmen Again / Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by dad007(m): 6:41pm On May 21, 2013
Nashville:

I agree the Ombatse had not committed any crimes before this attack, but you need to understand my question and it strickly from the point of the rule of law.

The police orders the arrest of a man or a group of people. This group turn around and kill all the police men - 95 of them and the story simply ends there? Is it now ok to resist arrest and kill policemen in Nigeria? So if policeman comes to anybody's house, it is ok to just come out and beat the policemen or even kill the policemen. I do not have anything against the Ombatse cult, and it is obvious the motives for their arrest was clandestine, no doubt. I just worry for law and order in my country. When people just go around killing policemen and it ends there. An Assistant Commissioner of police led the team o!
I wont blame you 4 your comment because I think you live outside the country.If some group of policemen are coming to arrest your dad 4 example,b4 they could even lay their eyes on him,they have started shooting and eventully killing some members of your family.Would you see that as an arrest or an attack in repective of who are behind it?
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by saintade01(m): 6:54pm On May 21, 2013
If that truly is the case, then the Nigerian Police got what they deserved. Until they come to tell us the plain truth which I know they can't do.
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by myk2mic: 6:58pm On May 21, 2013
Koolking:

I never condoned the killings of the police. I have a problem with our policing system. Our typical system of policing is placing the police and their shallow minded interest first before the right of the people and the collective interest of all.

They had the mandate to arrest an entity (a single person that is not bigger than the community let alone Nigeria), as highly trained security apparatus, your strategy should pay off. There is always 'rule of engagement' especially where unarmed civilians are involved. The community rose against the police because of their pronounced intimidation, violation of the people's right. Why killed those you were not mandated to arrest. Why not use intelligence to achieve your objective. There are two sides to this story. Having been brought up in Nigeria, i am not ignorant of the excessive of our police men and women especially when they are in large number with guns armed to the teeth. Last year fuel subsidy protest is a case study. Their extremism is not isolated. I blame them for the killings. Whoever issued instruction to the failed operation must be called to book. We cannot continue to throw caution to the wind for the minor interest of some persons and allow bloodshed to continue uncheck. We need that much anticipated change NOW.

EX-TELEDOM BIG BOY BUT NOW A BIGGER BOY LOL. I DEY FEEL YOU DIE
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by Koolking(m): 7:00pm On May 21, 2013
Nashville:

These are the important points I was thinking of. There was an instruction from somewhere to arrest a man or a group. An assistant commissioner of police led the team. We need to know what truly happened. Did the police kill innocent people and their killing was a retaliation from a community or did the Ombatse cult just ambush and kill them. For me, this incident is actually worse than the ALUU 4. The only reason why it hasn't received the same kind of condemnation is because the people killed here were the Nigerian police, so most people do not care. I agree our policemen are highly unprofessional and use excessive force, but I think we as Nigerians need to know what really happened. This is tantamount to total breakdown of law and other. A state of complete anarchy when people can kill law enforcement agents and go about boasting in the open how they did it. Our institutions are weak but this is definitely a new low.

I will sound like an unserious politician if i use the already tailored sentence "let the govt investigate". Investigation has never gone down well in a country like Nigeria. It has never produced result rather profit and more public appointments for the investigators. We cannot rely on our copy and paste, hearsay press. Let put aside our religious and tribal sentiments, our individual interest and get involve for the CHANGE we have been yearning for. We cannot continue in lies and politics as usual and expect change. Let learn to take responsibilities for our action. Posterity shall judge us all
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 21, 2013
Koolking:

I will sound like an unserious politician if i use the already tailored sentence "let the govt investigate". Investigation has never gone down well in a country like Nigeria. It has never produced result rather profit and more public appointments for the investigators. We cannot rely on our copy and paste, hearsay press. Let put aside our religious and tribal sentiments, our individual interest and get involve for the CHANGE we have been yearning for. We cannot continue in lies and politics as usual and expect change. Let learn to take responsibilities for our action. Posterity shall judge us all

Someone needs to investigate. Whether policemen or not these are real people with real families. Over 120 people were killed in the confrontation and it just seems ok for life to continue without anyone bothering to know how this can be prevented again; and if anyone acted outside the law, how do we bring that person to book. That's my point. We are gradually going into a state of complete anarchy.
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by Babalegba(m): 7:10pm On May 21, 2013
@Nashville so i' m beneath you to warrant an exchange of insults yet in the next breath you insulted me. so for the sake of Law and order the police should be allowed to rampage through villages. Calling yoursef an intellectual is a prime definition of oxymoron
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by InvertedHammer: 7:13pm On May 21, 2013
Nashville: Someone please educate me here and no insults because I really do not understand. A group admitted to killing 95 policemen and they still come out everyday to talk. Last week I read about an interview with the group's spokeperson in the newspapers and the man was talking to a reporter.

Please is there anything going to be done to/about this group. Has it all ended now. We agree the police attacked them first but should a militia group kill 95 policemen and go away like that. I fear o!

No insult. But if your relation na police and u come hear say Ombatse killed 95 policemen...you go gree make your person follow go for another arrest?

NPF never recover from the first arrest and you dey talk second arrest. Who wan die?

I guarantee you if there is another possible attempt to arrest these guys,oga no go gree follow go.
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by Koolking(m): 7:19pm On May 21, 2013
myk2mic:

BIG BOY BUT NOW A BIGGER BOY LOL. I DEY FEEL YOU DIE

shocked :oI feel you bro. Ride on and watch your back. Shalom!!
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by tspun(m): 7:26pm On May 21, 2013
Nashville: Someone please educate me here and no insults because I really do not understand. A group admitted to killing 95 policemen and they still come out everyday to talk. Last week I read about an interview with the group's spokeperson in the newspapers and the man was talking to a reporter.

Please is there anything going to be done to/about this group. Has it all ended now. We agree the police attacked them first but should a militia group kill 95 policemen and go away like that. I fear o!
exactly my point.
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by SwitnessA(m): 7:42pm On May 21, 2013
Codedrock: I am damn sure they wont want to try that with well trained soldiers like the americans.
we're talkn about "otumokpo" nd nt expertise.

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by begwong: 8:28pm On May 21, 2013
saintade01: If that truly is the case, then the Nigerian Police got what they deserved. Until they come to tell us the plain truth which I know they can't do.
so on point.There are many issues begging for answers that the top echelon of d police/ govt are trying to evade...
-why sending such troops for the arrest of just one baba.
-why was d ops covert and d mopol were told they were going to benue..This are just a few!
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by begwong: 8:35pm On May 21, 2013
InvertedHammer:

No insult. But if your relation na police and u come hear say Ombatse killed 95 policemen...you go gree make your person follow go for another arrest?

NPF never recover from the first arrest and you dey talk second arrest. Who wan die?

I guarantee you if there is another possible attempt to arrest these guys,oga no go gree follow go.

i laff tire so tay i just dey fart as i dey type so
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by LBT: 8:51pm On May 21, 2013
Codedrock: I am damn sure they wont want to try that with well trained soldiers like the americans.
not even with Nigerian solders!
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by begwong: 9:01pm On May 21, 2013
LBT: not even with Nigerian solders!
the sojas were there sometime last yr without intimidating d natives and nothing happened to them apart from d msg they were sent with to those that sent them.
Or what do u think is stopping d govt in sending troops there?

Did i forget to add that d sojas slept off for several hrs in that village upon arival.?
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by katordidi(m): 9:33pm On May 21, 2013
as bad is this is I hope it teaches the nigerian police not to be trigger happy.
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by Ama28(f): 9:57pm On May 21, 2013
I am trying so hard to get the full details of this event that lead to this terrible loss!
Can anyone fill me in? What did the security forces go there to do before being killed?
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by AssoJnr: 6:38am On May 22, 2013
tongue
Seunolugbala: D 2006 election strong ws a typical lie cos Gov. Abdullahi Adamu cmpleted his tenure in 2007 and Sen. Solomon Ewuga is a present senator elected durin 2011 election. 4 me, Ombatse group r real secret cult membas, tak it or u leave it. 4 d eggonites as a tribe, u r a real bastard group and a disgrace 2 Nigeria ethnic groups cos u cnt nt tel dis ur abalist nt 2 killed d innocent officers.
go to helll or beta stil, go hug transformer. Eggon kyenkyen
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by MightySparrow: 8:30am On May 22, 2013
The governor of Nasarawa state should give peace a chance. There had been silent killings going on months before this last one mostly in eggon villages for political reasons they say. As a southerner leaving in Nasarawa I think I am more informed on this issue than most NL senarists. Our political leaders are dishonest. Bloodshed should stop in Nasarwa state.

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by dsolo(m): 4:29pm On May 22, 2013
Nnkan mbe
Re: Ombatse Used Cutlass To Fight Police by Teymanhenry(f): 5:57pm On May 22, 2013
You de mad? Who be the police self. Them no kill people? Why them go carry 12 pick ups to come arrest one person..its a fair share they had.pls our governor send more police na.idiot man!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Gunmen Kidnap Diezani Allison-Madueke's Brother / El-rufai Returns To Nigeria From His Trip To Netherlands (Photos) / 2019: APC Won’t Relinquish Power If They Lose – Senator Abaribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.