Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,871 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe (3975 Views)

Saraki Wears Made-In-Aba Clothes To Senate Session. Pics / FEC Holds Valedictory Session For Ocholi / List Of 5 Special Senate Committees And Their Chairmen. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by Napoleondegreat: 3:43pm On May 21, 2013
The University of Nigeria Nsukka is today holding a special senate in honour of Professor Chinua Achebe. The special senate is currently holding at the Enugu Campus of the University where a very large crowd of people gathered to pay their last respect to the great literary icon. The environment of the UNEC is currently fusing with various groups of people on their various uniform dressing even as the body of the Prof just arrives at exactly 3.45 pm. I am coming back with more update
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by Afam4eva(m): 3:45pm On May 21, 2013
Just about time.

Don't forget to take pictures.
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by Napoleondegreat: 3:59pm On May 21, 2013
The procession is ongoing as the university senior lecturers in their accademic regaliar lead the procession. The university VC Prof Batho Okolo leads the management team immediately following the senior Lecturers. The body of the departed legend has been taken into the main hall of the UNEC and a prayer session is going on now at 4. 03
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by Napoleondegreat: 4:17pm On May 21, 2013
The Music department of the UNN led the recitation of the national anthem and the University anthem. The VC Prof Batho Okolo is currently welcoming the Vcs and Professors including emeritus C C Nwosu and John Ume, prof Emeka Okpala among othes and emeritus Prof Chinua Achebe. In his speech Prof Okolo describe the late Achebe as the best ''creative mind of our generation who told the story of Africa in over fifty different languages''
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by Geomac: 4:22pm On May 21, 2013
@Op, pls update this thread with pics.

I want to see pictures please.......
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by Napoleondegreat: 4:36pm On May 21, 2013
I will upload pictures as soon as i see the space to take photo as there are too much crowd right now.
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by Geomac: 4:48pm On May 21, 2013
Napoleondegreat: I will upload pictures as soon as i see the space to take photo as there are too much crowd right now.
Pls do
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by vanbonattel: 4:50pm On May 21, 2013
Napoleondegreat: I will upload pictures as soon as i see the space to take photo as there are too much crowd right now.

Ijele nwoke, always pulling the crowd dead or alive.

1 Like

Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by Built2last: 4:51pm On May 21, 2013
subscribing
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by Policewoman(f): 4:52pm On May 21, 2013
WEY PICTURE NA?
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by yuzedo: 4:54pm On May 21, 2013
That's wsup! #Legend cool
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 21, 2013
Ok
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by chymystique(f): 5:01pm On May 21, 2013
Wahs d Biggie?
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by Input(m): 5:10pm On May 21, 2013
chymystique: Wahs d Biggie?
I tire o...9ja!
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by myOGAonTOP: 5:19pm On May 21, 2013
Napoleondegreat: In his speech Prof Okolo describe the late Achebe as the best ''creative mind of our generation ''

Achebe was so great but okigbo was the greatest mind this land has EVER seen in recorded history. I didnt wanna comment but i was forced to. Selah
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by ukukaegbu(m): 5:19pm On May 21, 2013
Is it that you've not been able to upload the pix or you've not been able to snap. If the latter is the case, then you are not serious.
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by dejust(m): 5:21pm On May 21, 2013
Dead or alive, you are the man. RIP Odogwu nwoke.
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by vanbonattel: 5:25pm On May 21, 2013
myOGAonTOP:

Achebe was so great but okigbo was the greatest mind this land has EVER seen in recorded history. I didnt wanna comment but i was forced to. Selah

Okigbo was brilliant, but did not last very long.
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by crackhouse(m): 5:58pm On May 21, 2013
where is the pic nah, abi ur phone no dey snap? collect person phone abeg. news reporter indeed.
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by Napoleondegreat: 5:59pm On May 21, 2013
Now the pics
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by Mospring(m): 6:02pm On May 21, 2013
Geomac:
Pls do
he is alive!!.....
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by xlam01: 6:02pm On May 21, 2013
R.I.P Achebe!
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by myOGAonTOP: 6:07pm On May 21, 2013
van bonattel:

Okigbo was brilliant, but did not last very long.

yet......
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by vanbonattel: 6:10pm On May 21, 2013
myOGAonTOP:

yet......

Yet his mark is indelible.........
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by ikechiozo: 6:21pm On May 21, 2013
Hail varsity of Nigeria, my alma mata
Hail her and rejoice for the sake of knowledge!!!

2 Likes

Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by mrperfect(m): 6:30pm On May 21, 2013
Interesting update, already radio stations are announcing the activities.
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by myOGAonTOP: 6:37pm On May 21, 2013
van bonattel:

Yet his mark is indelible.........
so was mozart, alexander the great, biggie smallz, napoleon, da vinci and even Jesus Christsmiley.
While achebe was arguably the most prominent Nigerian novelist EVER, okigbo was a poet, novelist, sculptor, artist, music composer extraordinaire. All the works he did in his 37 years on earth were top notch. He combined all that at a time. Rumours keep flying bout his role in the war - his weapons designs and strategic plannings. No comparism
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by Napoleondegreat: 6:52pm On May 21, 2013
Am actually encountering difficulty in uploading the photos. Pls bear with me as i keep trying
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by eaglechild: 6:53pm On May 21, 2013
RIP undisputed father of modern African literature.
Can we pls see some pictures.
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by zibe(m): 7:16pm On May 21, 2013
Hailing my Alma Mater for this. R.I.P Achebe
Re: UNN - Special Senate Session For Achebe by Maximus17(m): 8:29pm On May 21, 2013
with this whole thing going on,how could i have just parked in the hostel

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Buhari Nigerians Don’t Know – David West / Samuel Ladoke Akintola In The Eyes Of History! / There Are Only Two Tribes In Nigeria By Emir Of Kano Sanusi Lamido

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.