Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,132 members, 7,807,437 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Pls,i'm On Diet,so Can I Eat Them? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pls,i'm On Diet,so Can I Eat Them? (1497 Views)

On Diet And People Are Still Calling You Fat / Been On Diet For 5 Month And Still No Change,need Help / How Can I Eat Pineapple Without Having Sore In My Mouth And On My Tongue? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls,i'm On Diet,so Can I Eat Them? by assalaamat(m): 6:13pm On May 21, 2013
Pls my able health experts,i'm on diet bcs i really wanna burn the stubborn fat,so i want to know if i can eat the following meals in place of heavy meals,they are:roasted corn,roasted plantain,drinking of garri,fried plantain,wanke(rice),beans with fried stew.I will appreciate it if u can bring up some more meals that can help me on my weight loss journey.Thanks a lot in advance.
Re: Pls,i'm On Diet,so Can I Eat Them? by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 21, 2013
assalaamat: Pls my able health experts,i'm on diet bcs i really wanna burn the stubborn fat,so i want to know if i can eat the following meals in place of heavy meals,they are:roasted corn,roasted plantain,drinking of garri,fried plantain,wanke(rice),beans with fried stew.I will appreciate it if u can bring up some more meals that can help me on my weight loss journey.Thanks a lot in advance.
Is beans really necessary? Don't tink so. Add fruits, like carrot cucumber, etc.
Re: Pls,i'm On Diet,so Can I Eat Them? by ogeelove(f): 9:12pm On May 24, 2013
The meals u mentioned will not help u lose weight. Fried plantain, fried stew?
The first thing u need do is find out what ur daily caloric intake should be.
Re: Pls,i'm On Diet,so Can I Eat Them? by Nobody: 2:17am On May 28, 2013
You need to restrict your daily calories intake. If you consume 2000 calories per day ,try and reduce it to 900 for example.
- get rid of sodas
-no sugar ,white flour ,salt ,oil ...if you really need to ,take it in moderation.
-control your portions size
DRINK LOTS OF WATER!
Good luck!
Re: Pls,i'm On Diet,so Can I Eat Them? by Nobody: 6:01am On May 28, 2013
Pls never aim for 900 calories daily intake, that's akin to killing yourself. It is not safe. your body needs those calories to function and will shut down if not getting enough.

aim for minimum 1200 calories daily, you can start with 1500 to see how your body responds. Don't starve yourself, if you do your body starts storing whatever u eat. Eat 4 to 5 small meals or snack a day. Fat has 9 calories per gram, while carbs and protein have 4 per gram. Remove or reduce yam, garri, iyan from ur diet. Brown rice is better than white. Eat celery, u actually burn calories just by eating. No palm oil for cooking. And exercise, don't diet without exercise. Try all this and you will lose weight in weeks.
if u have a smartphone, get myfitness pal app. All blackberry, apple, android and windows app world has it. It will help you calculate your intake and tell u how long it will take to lose ur target weight. It also accepts Nigerian foods.
good luck. Hope you are successful.
Re: Pls,i'm On Diet,so Can I Eat Them? by Nobody: 7:26am On May 28, 2013
900 cals was an exemple,we are all different .what works for you might not work for her.
undecided
Nobody is telling her to starve herself .
Re: Pls,i'm On Diet,so Can I Eat Them? by Nobody: 7:32am On May 28, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Pls,i'm On Diet,so Can I Eat Them? by Nobody: 11:12am On May 28, 2013
IvyBlue: 900 cals was an exemple,we are all different .what works for you might not work for her.
undecided
Nobody is telling her to starve herself .

its a 'him' by the way, example or not pls don't tell anyone to aim for 900 calories. How will the guy know not to follow that. No Dr will tell a woman to aim for 900 calories talkless of an able bodied man. Its not about what works for her or not, its about what's safe and healthy.

1 Like

Re: Pls,i'm On Diet,so Can I Eat Them? by Nobody: 4:51pm On May 28, 2013
Beloved1993:

its a 'him' by the way, example or not pls don't tell anyone to aim for 900 calories. How will the guy know not to follow that. No Dr will tell a woman to aim for 900 calories talkless of an able bodied man. Its not about what works for her or not, its about what's safe and healthy.

900 cals work perfectly fine for me and yeah I have been doing it for years!
that's what works for me !she should understand her body first before embaking on any diet.
Re: Pls,i'm On Diet,so Can I Eat Them? by Nobody: 4:57pm On May 28, 2013
IvyBlue:

900 cals work perfectly fine for me and yeah I have been doing it for years!
that's what works for me !she should understand her body first before embaking on any diet.

the poster is a male o, are you not understanding? Before you treat a pt, the first thing u look at is the sex. 900 calories worked for you doesn't mean it is safe or healthy.
mehn
Re: Pls,i'm On Diet,so Can I Eat Them? by dominique(f): 5:07pm On May 28, 2013
@ivyblue, the person in question is a he. 900 calories per day can not sustain a grown man. @asalamaat, you can join this thread on exercise and food intake where you can input your daily progress on your weightloss journey. No cheating o smiley

www.nairaland.com/282744/daily-exercise-food-routine-those/196
Re: Pls,i'm On Diet,so Can I Eat Them? by Nobody: 6:10pm On May 28, 2013
dominique: @ivyblue, the person in question is a he. 900 calories per day can not sustain a grown man. @asalamaat, you can join this thread on exercise and food intake where you can input your daily progress on your weightloss journey. No cheating o smiley

www.nairaland.com/282744/daily-exercise-food-routine-those/196

Oops!I did not notice his gender,thankyou!
Re: Pls,i'm On Diet,so Can I Eat Them? by Nobody: 7:40am On May 29, 2013
Re: Pls,i'm On Diet,so Can I Eat Them? by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 29, 2013
For one to lose weight there have to be a restriction of some kind .
900 or sometimes 600 cals(dinner) is enough for me because I hardly exercise and seems like my metabolism aint the same anymore ,so I think this is working for me. Op should find what suits him too.
Re: Pls,i'm On Diet,so Can I Eat Them? by Ishilove: 7:37am On Jul 09, 2013
IvyBlue: For one to lose weight there have to be a restriction of some kind .
900 or sometimes 600 cals(dinner) is enough for me because I hardly exercise and seems like my metabolism aint the same anymore ,so I think this is working for me. Op should find what suits him too.
Most likely your metabolism has slowed down drastically.
Re: Pls,i'm On Diet,so Can I Eat Them? by Nobody: 10:35am On Jul 09, 2013
Portion control is the key. I read somewhere that our stomach is the size of our fists. When next you want to consume, make a fist and use it as a basis to measure your food portion. Nigerian foods are healthy as long as you don't stuff your face.

(1) (Reply)

Regular Sex Prevents Ebola-dr Kantunki Of India / Ten Nutrients That Shrink Your Belly / 8 Unhealthy Foods You May Think Are Healthy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.