Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:58 AM

When We Abide In Christ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When We Abide In Christ (473 Views)

Jesus Christ Bids Us, "Abide In My Love" / Abide In The Ship Of Salvation / Allow God’s Love Abide In You Part 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When We Abide In Christ by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:04pm On May 21, 2013
When We Abide in Christ
May. 18, 2013

"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me" (John 15:4).

The Lord Jesus has told us to be careful always to “abide" in Him. The Greek word means “remain," “endure," “continue," or “dwell." He is to be our motivation, our standard, our home, our everything. When we do abide thus in Him, the Scriptures indicate that it will make a great difference in our lives right now, as well as in the life to come.

For example, “he that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked" (1 John 2:6). Furthermore, “whosoever abideth in him sinneth not" (1 John 3:6). Love for our Christian brethren will be evident, for “he that loveth his brother abideth in the light" (1 John 2:10). We will obey His word, for “he that keepeth his commandments dwelleth |same word| in him, and he in him" (1 John 3:24).

In Christ's discourse on the vine and the branches (John 15:1-16) are several wonderful promises to the Christian. “He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit" (v. 5). “If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you" (v. 7). “These things have I spoken unto you that my joy might remain |same word| in you, and that your joy might be full" (v. 11). “I have chosen you . . . that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain" (v. 16).

If we dwell in Christ, we actually are abiding in the Father and the Spirit also. Jesus said that “the Spirit of truth . . . dwelleth with you," and “|my Father and I| will come unto him, and make our abode with him" (John 14:17, 23).

Therefore, let us “abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming" (1 John 2:28). HMM

For more . . . .

1 Like

Re: When We Abide In Christ by Emusan(m): 8:31pm On May 21, 2013
Hi OLAADEGBU,

Did you receive my PM? If you do, kindly reply through this
e-mail:-emus4lifeisreal@hotmail.com

regards.
Emusan

(1) (Reply)

Good News To Atheists / Jesus And You / Turkish Muslims And Protests...what Do Atheists Think?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.