Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:44 PM

Java,c Sharp, C++ Are Due For Retirement - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Java,c Sharp, C++ Are Due For Retirement (1175 Views)

Capture Image From Webcam And Store In Mysql Database From C Sharp Winform / Simple Code Challenge: C#, Java, C, C++ / Java Vs C Sharp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Java,c Sharp, C++ Are Due For Retirement by kambo(m): 8:05pm On May 21, 2013
accordg to d techncal law of programmg language entropy, a great , as in alexander d great industry shiftg , paradigmic , language comes out every 5 years . C was born in d age of forth, fortran , b, but it soon eclipsed those to bcome d next big thng (DNBT).
But veterans were slow to catch on.
To gain respect, c, had to b d language used in codg a significant application:a killer app.
This c did,it presented to d wrld the unix os.
C had earned its respect.
And hackers began flockg to it.
Next came c++ around d early 80s, a massive improvement over c. For large apps c++ was d goto language because it was less messy thn c while being equally fast.
C++ has been around 4 over 2 decades. It is credited 4 injectg d fear of programmg into many noobs.
Then,like a blast frm nowhere, java hit d tech wrld in its blindspot in d mid 90s. Approx 10 yrs after c++,
java rode d internet wave like a speed demon on horseback and and upset so many tables of thng-tearg thru programmg tradtions like a heartless tornado.
Java was like c++ with a kempt look,so many ppl who feared c++ cud relate with it..
Java was d darlg of d opera but she soon got fat, spawned many personalities (j2me,java ee, java card ) and bit off too much.
Microsoft,d populariser of c++, came out wth an evil twin to edge java out, c#..
Perl,python,ruby came for d sever side jugular, leavg java lumberg wth lil sever markt share.
But by d law of prog language decay, java and c# and c++ are has beens and are due for repatration to d junk yard of prgrammg history like old ww2 bombers.
Sure artifcts frm ths tools can still b maintained , much like buildgs erected decades ago are still primped up, bt in d hindsight of histry it isnt wise 4 newcomers to learn programmg usg decade old langs.
And i.t skuls shud begin phasg out ths langs frm their currclum.
Else theyll b makg students inest themselves in a sinkg ship..
Academia has provided faster sleeker theoretcally and philosophcally mor advanced languages but theyre adoption is slow cuz they lack d deep pockets to even keep them on the technical market shelves d way microsoft and oracle can continue shovg their past-the-expiry date soups in our face.
And employers are to defensive , wth their if-it-aint-broke-y-fix-it I.T strategy.
Newbies interested in programmg shud begin researchg new languages on d horizons not just jvm hoppers. But really innovatve stuff , and makg a staple of d historc and d new bleedg edge stuff for their learng investigation else they'll repeat d mistake old wrld fortran and cobol programmers mde in their day: fallg in luv with their hand saws thnkg thngs will always b tht way.
For ones career sake, it is pertinent tht one look, beynd popular tools to explorg prospectve new offerings..
Re: Java,c Sharp, C++ Are Due For Retirement by WhiZTiM(m): 8:10am On May 22, 2013
Oga kambo,
please share with me that stick you just smoked cause I haven't gotten this high in a long time!
...this is ridiculous...

...ohkkay, on a more serious note,
who should retire them?
we should abandon these GREAT languages(C++, C# and Java) and adopt which??
Re: Java,c Sharp, C++ Are Due For Retirement by Ajibel(m): 8:59am On May 22, 2013
Dis OP don high on excess coffee intake. Though i'm not a fan of java, c and cpp yet, they deserve the respect cuz most new prog langs were influenced by them.
Or maybe you could write ur own language that'd displace them
Re: Java,c Sharp, C++ Are Due For Retirement by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 22, 2013
Lyk WTF's This
Re: Java,c Sharp, C++ Are Due For Retirement by MrAnoTi(m): 1:10pm On May 22, 2013
cry TF!
Re: Java,c Sharp, C++ Are Due For Retirement by javadoctor(m): 3:22pm On May 22, 2013
You are simply a fool
Re: Java,c Sharp, C++ Are Due For Retirement by kambo(m): 9:47pm On May 22, 2013
WhiZTiM: Oga kambo,
please share with me that stick you just smoked cause I haven't gotten this high in a long time!
...this is ridiculous...

...ohkkay, on a more serious note,
who should retire them?
we should abandon these GREAT languages(C++, C# and Java) and adopt which??

first w/o insults,the avrage nigerian prgrammer doesnt know enuff , even after 10yrs of programmg to be able to tell wat is or is not a great programmg language.
Y because, his choices are funneled withn a preset range by bigger xternal frces.
U call c#,java,c++ great. No doubt but if u want suggested languages to investgte and u go to an i.t skul,or d mrket,or ths forum they'll point u to d poplar choice?
I cud recommend som but i'll hav to establish a qualifyg criteria frst wch may not fit wt u.
Just stp to thnk- in 9ja, many ppl buy bb, so more sellers sell bb, therefre d avrage phone buyer thnks bb, and non-bb owners feel inadequate and seek 2 conform to bb, and bb owners feel mor confdnt to tlk dwn to non bb users etc. In essence d nxt buyer of a bb isnt really mkg a deliberate decision or buyg based on prdct merits.
Re: Java,c Sharp, C++ Are Due For Retirement by GoodBoi1(m): 10:09pm On May 22, 2013
Not in hardware programming.
Re: Java,c Sharp, C++ Are Due For Retirement by kambo(m): 10:15pm On May 22, 2013
I see i touched a sore spot over here.
Hmm.
Ever wonder y d innovators in I.T seem to fall withn a prtcular age range?
It's not coincidence.
@ dat time theyre not thnkg like d typicl older generation.
Infact, theyre thnkg is so disruptve it pools wools over d wrlds eyes.
Wat does ths mean?
It means lucratve ideas abound but typical thnkg will blind u to it.
Theyre so many new pg langs in d horizon, so much advanced research out tht d only way cpp,java,cshrp will keep up will require major rewrites Or addendums (added functions) no wonder they're gettg so bloated..
Here's an exercise. Abandon every popular lang u use 4 d nxt 3 years. Explore new ones.....
Read up scientifc/theoretcl virtues of new langs compare and contrast.
Com back with ur new mindset and u may never b d same...
Rember its the scope shift tht makes one generation blind mentally.
If d 3 year thng is over ur head, try a 3-6 month hiatus frm conventionality,where u xplore solely some new tool.
Stay positve.
Re: Java,c Sharp, C++ Are Due For Retirement by Nobody: 10:28pm On May 22, 2013
--
Re: Java,c Sharp, C++ Are Due For Retirement by Nobody: 6:16am On May 24, 2013
javadoctor: You are simply a fool
hey, u dont really need to say that! dere suld be a civilized way of expresng ur mind and OP has done absolutly nothng wrong expresng his mnd.
Some pple said he s on high, fine.
Some said he is on too mich coffee, fine.
But to call him a fool, NO!
Re: Java,c Sharp, C++ Are Due For Retirement by javadoctor(m): 6:50am On May 24, 2013
cogitoErgo: hey, u dont really need to say that! dere suld be a civilized way of expresng ur mind and OP has done absolutly nothng wrong expresng his mnd.
Some pple said he s on high, fine.
Some said he is on too mich coffee, fine.
But to call him a fool, NO!

You should be jailed or be behind bars for accepting this expression of mind. Maybe if ur crack head had studied enough u would hv replaced some of this languages. Not sitting dwn ,opening nairaland page afta smoking a mysterious pot to creating such post.what effort hv u made to change d language?
Re: Java,c Sharp, C++ Are Due For Retirement by Otuabaroku: 8:27am On May 24, 2013
^^^ Hi Javadoctor, cogitoErgo was right, you shouldn't have used the word fool in your response.You should know that people have varying opinions in the same thing. Also, everybody is entitled to his opinion. The best way to make your opinion the winner is through argument.By that, I mean, you could have made him see the reason his opinion is flawed on this occasion by the facts you would provide to counter his opinion.

I know, we are directly or indirectly sentimental with the choice of our programming language, more especially, when we have invested so much both time and money, only to be reminded that it will soon phase out . That should not cause an outburst like this.

Enough of rant,Okay nah, apologise before I seize your "doctor".
Re: Java,c Sharp, C++ Are Due For Retirement by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 24, 2013
NIgerian developers and sentiments,on LinkedIn, others would have asked for facts or askef the OP to explain, naija mentality as usual.
Re: Java,c Sharp, C++ Are Due For Retirement by Nobody: 12:14am On May 25, 2013
pc guru: NIgerian developers and sentiments,on LinkedIn, others would have asked for facts or askef the OP to explain, naija mentality as usual.
So Nigerians are Mad? undecided Hmmm.. Point taken.
Re: Java,c Sharp, C++ Are Due For Retirement by Nobody: 12:39am On May 25, 2013
If that's your interpretation of what i said then sure you can go with that, but my original context meant the nigeria mentality to just automatically get offensive and bully someone just because their views differ from others, its is quite apparent in religion,politics,tribes and even here in the programming section. so you see why I said Nigerian mentality.
Re: Java,c Sharp, C++ Are Due For Retirement by mj(m): 6:59am On May 25, 2013
kambo: accordg to d techncal law of programmg language entropy, a great , as in alexander d great industry shiftg , paradigmic , language comes out every 5 years . C was born in d age of forth, fortran , b, but it soon eclipsed those to bcome d next big thng (DNBT).
But veterans were slow to catch on.
To gain respect, c, had to b d language used in codg a significant application:a killer app.
This c did,it presented to d wrld the unix os.
C had earned its respect.
And hackers began flockg to it.
Next came c++ around d early 80s, a massive improvement over c. For large apps c++ was d goto language because it was less messy thn c while being equally fast.
C++ has been around 4 over 2 decades. It is credited 4 injectg d fear of programmg into many noobs.
Then,like a blast frm nowhere, java hit d tech wrld in its blindspot in d mid 90s. Approx 10 yrs after c++,
java rode d internet wave like a speed demon on horseback and and upset so many tables of thng-tearg thru programmg tradtions like a heartless tornado.
Java was like c++ with a kempt look,so many ppl who feared c++ cud relate with it..
Java was d darlg of d opera but she soon got fat, spawned many personalities (j2me,java ee, java card ) and bit off too much.
Microsoft,d populariser of c++, came out wth an evil twin to edge java out, c#..
Perl,python,ruby came for d sever side jugular, leavg java lumberg wth lil sever markt share.
But by d law of prog language decay, java and c# and c++ are has beens and are due for repatration to d junk yard of prgrammg history like old ww2 bombers.
Sure artifcts frm ths tools can still b maintained , much like buildgs erected decades ago are still primped up, bt in d hindsight of histry it isnt wise 4 newcomers to learn programmg usg decade old langs.
And i.t skuls shud begin phasg out ths langs frm their currclum.
Else theyll b makg students inest themselves in a sinkg ship..
Academia has provided faster sleeker theoretcally and philosophcally mor advanced languages but theyre adoption is slow cuz they lack d deep pockets to even keep them on the technical market shelves d way microsoft and oracle can continue shovg their past-the-expiry date soups in our face.
And employers are to defensive , wth their if-it-aint-broke-y-fix-it I.T strategy.
Newbies interested in programmg shud begin researchg new languages on d horizons not just jvm hoppers. But really innovatve stuff , and makg a staple of d historc and d new bleedg edge stuff for their learng investigation else they'll repeat d mistake old wrld fortran and cobol programmers mde in their day: fallg in luv with their hand saws thnkg thngs will always b tht way.
For ones career sake, it is pertinent tht one look, beynd popular tools to explorg prospectve new offerings..

Pls what will be the replacement?

(1) (Reply)

Mentorship For Young Programmers / H3ck Frodo .'new'.grey Hat (whatsapp Group)..15 Members Only / Offline Digital Library

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.