Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,954 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage (30573 Views)

10 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Indulge In Sex Before Marriage- Danceville / Issues To Discuss With Your Partner Before Marriage / Topics To Discuss While Talking To A Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Roliks09: 6:30am On May 22, 2013
val_dee: So we have to give ourselves guarantees like lawyers?
Yelz. Marriage is a contract. If you cant stick to an MoU, dont bother.

1 Like

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Kosigift(f): 6:44am On May 22, 2013
Brilliance9000: [b]You would only have to discuss all these, particularly number 2( MONEY) if you are looking to marry a Nigerian woman(most in my judgment love money more than their husbands, children and themselves...very sickening)....very arrogant, selfish, coterie of people. Do yourself a huge favor and marry yourself a white or other women besides Nigerian women. Most of these women besides Nigerian, already know all these and know how to treat their men. Don't start up debate with me, because I have been there; married a sister(Nigerian); was unhappy for years as with most of my friends(educated...doctors, engineers, lawyers) until we all set to try something different...non Nigerian women. WE ALL FOUND HAPPINESS AND HAVE WONDERFUL FAMILY. The common denominator is that these women have a different upbringing and approach to life.Money is never an issue with them...NEVER, even if you have it in abundance. It means virtually nothing to them.

THIS TREND WILL CONTINUE UNTIL NIGERIAN WOMEN LEARN TO STOP BEING ARROGANT AND MONEY HUNGRY. You can never win arrogance with a man...never except he is a weak man. He will rather, win it, leave you/divorce, or kill you. He is a man for a reason. The best you can do is to bring your demure, womanly, soft-spoken side....believe me, 99% of guys will listen and have a dialogue with you like a princess. [/b]
Dis post reeks of ARROGANCE in capitals. I cud sense d venom from here and I can assure u, ur wife will be better off without u. U sound abusive ( no pun intended)

I think, bulk of d work lies on U! Oga, work on urself and stop expecting people to dash u happiness wen u don't sound happy on d inside.

6 Likes

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by dartsidius7(m): 6:57am On May 22, 2013
SELFWORTH: All these unrealistic expectations about marriage will only lead to the divorce court. A million questions like these cannot prepare you for it.

There are no guarantees in life including marriage. People change, season comes and goes. Each new day is dipped in the mystery of God that no human being can ever plan for.

Wisdom is the principal thing. Only the grace of God can sustain a marriage.

Nice. Well said. on another note, Its funny how guys tend to complain about naija girls, but i have this funny feeling that most of those guys wont even date themselves if they were women.

5 Likes

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Raiyo: 7:00am On May 22, 2013
Whew

You can't look at two posts here before one about marriage hits you in the face *panting*

I once told my Mom i wouldn't marry until am forty...

To cut a long story short, the slap was epic!

3 Likes

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Nobody: 7:01am On May 22, 2013
Marry a naija girl at your own risks
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Nobody: 7:07am On May 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: Marry a naija girl at your own risks
fallacy! We have numerous good girls, just that the bad ones seem to be more visible and giving people the wrong impression about our women, we still rock, nothing can be compared to a well bred Nigerian lady! If you doubt me, ask Songgringrin

2 Likes

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Nobody: 7:10am On May 22, 2013
DailyNews: fallacy! We have numerous good girls, just that the bad ones seem to be more visible and giving people the wrong impression about our women, we still rock, nothing can be compared to a well bred Nigerian lady! If you doubt me, ask Songgringrin
which song is married with a naija babe* beside i was only joking oo we all have good and bad Apples...
H
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Nobody: 7:13am On May 22, 2013
dartsidius7:

Nice. Well said. on another note, Its funny how guys tend to complain about naija girls, but i have this funny feeling that most of those guys wont even date themselves if they were women.

honestly, Nigerian guys love their women so much and that I think, is one of the reason they keep preaching for them to change and possibly turn to Monalisagringrin

On a more serious note, marrying a well trained and disciplined Nigerian lady is the best thing that can happen to any man! Our women rock, the guys are crying because of the over influence of some destructive western civilisation and cultures, without most of them, all Nigerian women would have been angels! And we still have uncountable angels though they are not easily seensmiley

3 Likes

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by SELFWORTH: 7:14am On May 22, 2013
50calibre:

So by inference, you are the smart one while others are dumb right? Delusional.

There are over 55million people in Nigeria alone and anyone who says they are all the same man or woman because of their experiences with just one is not only a fool but needs mental examination.

All those who agreed are just as bad if not worse including yourself.

I take it you are one of the 18million undiagnosed mentality ill people passing through NL....Otherwise why the unnecessary abuse?

5 Likes

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Nobody: 7:17am On May 22, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: which song is married with a naija babe* beside i was only joking oo we all have good and bad Apples...
H
I was also kidding Cameroonp, but seriously, when Nigerian guys complain about their women being this n that, it shows they don't play with them; we all love and cherish our women more than any other...so don't misinterprete our complaints for hatred cos it isn't you know We love em allgringrin
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by SELFWORTH: 7:17am On May 22, 2013
Kosigift:
Dis post reeks of ARROGANCE in capitals. I cud sense d venom from here and I can assure u, ur wife will be better off without u. U sound abusive ( no pun intended)

I think, bulk of d work lies on U! Oga, work on urself and stop expecting people to dash u happiness wen u don't sound happy on d inside.

Thank u.

How can anyone call this one a man? His brain is in his pride. No wonder he was dumped.

1 Like

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Nobody: 7:21am On May 22, 2013
SELFWORTH:

There are over 55million people in Nigeria and anyone who says they are all the same man or woman because of their experiences with just one is not only a fool but needs mental examination.

All those who agreed are just as bad if not worse including yourself.

I take it you are one of the 18million undiagnosed mental ill people passing through NL....
hello Selfworth, calm down dear, Nigerian guys love all their women, so don't let their complaints here deceive u cos they love them o, lol. In fact, complaining is part of their own way of showing love to their lovely sisters online, or haven't you thought of that? So take it easy and have fun cos our women rock any day, any time and we all will still marry them by the daygrin
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by UncleJJ(m): 7:27am On May 22, 2013
Ha ha, only broke men complain about name gerian girls.

You buy iphone,iPad, expensive wristwatch and suit. European cars and live in a good neighborhood. You will definitely want an expensive beautiful Nigerian girl to compliment, the lifestyle.

All these nigerian men that claim to marry white chicks. Can never I repeat , never marry a standard white girl, from a well to do home and a good college degree. Only few Nigerian guys have quality white wives and these men are high respected in their fields.

Come here telling is white girls are mot materialistic. Do you think this is some dumb Hollywood movie.

Marry, or ugly trailer trash white girls.

While the real naija boys marry ... Exclusive babes from respectable homes.

EFF love, marriage is contract!

6 Likes

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by toprealman: 7:59am On May 22, 2013
Re:#7 Secret
So dressing as a clown to entertain the kids is now a 'horrible' thing to do. What a sad thing to say....pity your kids.
Well, I know for sure that most of the so called marriage counsellors are nothing compared to the saint they make us believe they are.
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by pweetymama(f): 8:01am On May 22, 2013
SELFWORTH:

You win with your superficial 'likes'.

Like I said, In the land of the DUMB, the brainless will be king.

Because of your experience with one Nigerian woman, this means all Nigerian women are bad (as IMPLIED in your post) you expect us to believe you are intelligent?

Also a BIG fat LIAR. I pointed out the ignorance in his posts and he has gone to amend it.....trying to deny that he referred to all Nigerian women originally.
my bro,dnt mind d imbe..le joor.he is only contradicting himself.Proudly Nigerian!Mr Brillance,if u got any issues wt ya Nigerian wife,dats ur biz nd stop generalizing cos u dnt live wt odas in their homes.

1 Like

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Nobody: 8:09am On May 22, 2013
UncleJJ: Ha ha, only broke men complain about name gerian girls.

You buy iphone,iPad, expensive wristwatch and suit. European cars and live in a good neighborhood. You will definitely want an expensive beautiful Nigerian girl to compliment, the lifestyle.

All these nigerian men that claim to marry white chicks. Can never I repeat , never marry a standard white girl, from a well to do home and a good college degree. Only few Nigerian guys have quality white wives and these men are high respected in their fields.

Come here telling is white girls are mot materialistic. Do you think this is some dumb Hollywood movie.

harsh, funny, but bitter truth

2 Likes

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by beordune(m): 8:18am On May 22, 2013
All these questions will only scare him away; the only question should be: will i want to wake up in 50 yrs time and see this man by my side..just go with the flow and be sure you want to settle down with him....
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by successking: 8:19am On May 22, 2013
Op, your write up has shown that man has really advanced in knowledge of Marital affairs, with low rate of successful marriages.

Note this, there is no modernization in marriage, it is still the old way. Ask your mother, whether she discussed all these with Your father before they got married, yet has a successful marriage.

Successful marriage has a prize and anyone who desires it must pay for it.

1 Like

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Brilliance9000: 8:36am On May 22, 2013
Kosigift:

Gentlemen, please stay off women like this. They will take you to your grave faster than a rocket ship.

1 Like

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by kpozite(m): 8:41am On May 22, 2013
Sanboy25:
Hum ok.
But don't you think that you would scare him away with all these questions ?
Better scare him away than to live looking for a way out of the marriage in the future.

2 Likes

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Decryptor(m): 8:48am On May 22, 2013
Kosigift:

Will you please shut ur mouth and be reasonable! Instead of tryin to exclude yourself from what he said, you are spewing gibberish. This below is proof of what he said

babyosisi: The list above is for Oyibo
Nigerian women have a separate list and
as God will have it,our list is shorter too
Here it goes
1, Can you pay the bride price in my
village and cater for me financially? Oh
yes we want to know ,
2.when are you changing that beat up car
to a berra jeep,please don't carry that
thing to enter my father's compound I
take God beg you ..before nko,the people
riding jeeps,do they have two heads
3. Can you afford my trips to America to
deliver our babies? E he nau ,Ifeoma and
Adeola went to America to born pikin ,will
my own be different
4. I ji kwa ego Dubai? I hope you have
money for Dubai.if not biko tell me now
now let me find my will of God,if it is not
you.
5. I am doing my wedding shopping in
London.,everything down to pant will be
imported ..i have said my own
6. Is your mother still alive? For how long?
i hope she is not planning to visit biko if
she happens to be alive
7. After the igbankwu and Society
wedding,will there still be plenty money
left?oh yes,na love I go chop?
8. Is there impotence in your lineage?i
want you to answer whenever I call so tell
me let me know how to hazhie my life and
pattern my future
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Decryptor(m): 8:52am On May 22, 2013
UncleJJ: Ha ha, only broke men complain about name gerian girls.

You should have taken tea this morning instead of Alomo. SMH!
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by nikkyshyne(f): 9:01am On May 22, 2013
Brilliance9000: [b]You would only have to discuss all these, particularly number 2( MONEY) if you are looking to marry a Nigerian woman(most in my judgment love money more than their husbands, children and themselves...very sickening)....very arrogant, selfish, coterie of people. Do yourself a huge favor and marry yourself a white or other women besides Nigerian women. Most of these women besides Nigerian, already know all these and know how to treat their men. Don't start up debate with me, because I have been there; married a sister(Nigerian); was unhappy for years as with most of my friends(educated...doctors, engineers, lawyers) until we all set to try something different...non Nigerian women. WE ALL FOUND HAPPINESS AND HAVE WONDERFUL FAMILY. The common denominator is that these women have a different upbringing and approach to life.Money is never an issue with them...NEVER, even if you have it in abundance. It means virtually nothing to them.

THIS TREND WILL CONTINUE UNTIL NIGERIAN WOMEN LEARN TO STOP BEING ARROGANT AND MONEY HUNGRY. You can never win arrogance with a man...never except he is a weak man. He will rather, win it, leave you/divorce, or kill you. He is a man for a reason. The best you can do is to bring your demure, womanly, soft-spoken side....believe me, 99% of guys will listen and have a dialogue with you like a princess. [/b]
What are you saying Mr.? That love of money is the only reason for failed marriage

1 Like

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Princesszoe: 9:11am On May 22, 2013
@op your write up is full of wisdom. Meanwhile one thing is missing, which is the major character a woman or man should look out for in a partner before saying i do. FEAR OF GOD. Before marriage can work , before marriage can be enjoyed and not endured, before marriage will be geniuely celebrated and shamefully managed, the two partners MUST have fear of God. When there is fear of God, cheating/adultery, selfishness, hatred, intolerant, will be a no-no in the marriage. There will be confident and trust. The bible says "in the fear of the lord is strong confidence". The bible also said that "the fear of God is a fountain of life". The bible equally told us that "he that walketh in his uprightness feareth the lord". Fear of God is the basic thing meanwhile the write up should not be neglected. There is wisdom in it.

3 Likes

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by AdeniyiA(m): 9:11am On May 22, 2013
SELFWORTH: All these unrealistic expectations about marriage will only lead to the divorce court. A million questions like these cannot prepare you for it.

There are no guarantees in life including marriage. People change, season comes and goes. Each new day is dipped in the mystery of God that no human being can ever plan for.

Wisdom is the principal thing. Only the grace of God can sustain a marriage.
absolutely fantastic n realistic!
u're lifted

1 Like

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Nobody: 9:22am On May 22, 2013
Roliks09: Yelz. Marriage is a contract. If you cant stick to an MoU, dont bother.

Nothing is written in stone.
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Kosigift(f): 9:28am On May 22, 2013
Brilliance9000:

Gentlemen, please stay off women like this. They will take you to hell faster than a rocket ship.

Oga dats not d issue, its obvious my assertions were right! Now run along and don't forget u treat people d way u want them to treat u.

Decryptor: Will you please shut ur mouth and be reasonable! Instead of tryin to exclude yourself from what he said, you are spewing gibberish. This below is proof of what he said

If at dis age, I'll have to teach u manners then I might as well teach my grand dad how to sleep with his wife... My reply to him wasn't abt excluding myslf u gerrit? Now, also run along and remember to always avoid d fallacy of hasty generalisation ok? grin

3 Likes

Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by anytaij: 9:29am On May 22, 2013
HARDEYLEKE:

oh i see...buh why not post urz??
I taya ooo abeg help me ask am ova sabi houswife some peeps with beefing and they know nothing. undecidedperson post now e begin pain you rubbish.
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by MostSoughtAfte(f): 9:50am On May 22, 2013
Hmmmm dis is wonderful, i love no. 11 so much i'l make sure i dnt jump dat question wen its tym.....
Re: Things To Discuss With Him Before Marriage by Marven: 10:13am On May 22, 2013
YOU MUST DISCUSS ABOUT SEX WITH YOUR WIFE TO BE OR YOUR WIFE! DON'T MAKE THAT MISTAKE.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Met A Lady Who Wouldn't Date Any Guy If Marriage Isn't Guaranteed After 6 Months / 7 Unreal Factors That Often Cause Delay In Marriage / 8 Qualities Of A Desperate Husband/boyfriend Snatcher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.