Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,842 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

Canadian Live-in Caregiver Program - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Live-in Caregiver Program (9117 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here / Best City In Nigeria To Live In? / 10 Most Affordable Cities To Live In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canadian Live-in Caregiver Program by gracefulqueen(f): 2:06am On May 22, 2013
I am planning to relocate to Canada under the live-in caregiver program(as a Nanny) I have just received the positive Labour Market Opinion (LMO) from my employer in Canada in other words the first (Canadian part) of the application has been successful I am now preparing to go and apply next week at the Canadian high commission in Lagos for my visa,I have done my police clearance and have also completed my First Aid Certificate course.
I am wondering if anyone on this forum has knowledge and or experience about this application process with respect to the live-in caregiver program in Canada, documents to submit,typical interview questions and useful tips in other for me to make a successful application.
Thanks for your help.
Re: Canadian Live-in Caregiver Program by ifegy: 8:44am On May 22, 2013
Well, for documents to submit, why not check www.cic.gc.ca, which is the official Canadian government immigration site?
As for interview questions, no idea, but common sense suggests you might want to know as much as possible about the position you are going for-- who your employer is, what you're going to be expected to do on a day to day basis (are you taking care of kids, the elderly, etc), what city you're going to, why you want to do this/your qualifications for this position, how long you anticipate you're going to be doing it for, what you intend to do afterwards, funding for your trip, family ties back home etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Live-in Caregiver Program by naijaspeak(m): 4:57am On May 23, 2013
Gracefulqueen, May I know the name of the Canadian recruitment agency that handles your application that enable you to successfully get an employer that is willing to hire you for a care giver job. So many recruitment agencies have surfaced on the internet of which they promise to assist applicant living outside canada to get a live in caregiver job in Canada.

I do not think all these agencies are geniune so how can an applicant get a geniune agency to process one"s application from canada?

what is your field of specialization?

Can a baker,caterer, or hotel housekeeper get a caregiver job in Canada? Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Live-in Caregiver Program by gracefulqueen(f): 9:26pm On May 23, 2013
@Ifegy,Thanks so much for your great insight, I have printed out the forms needed for the application.
@naijaspeaks,I did not use any agent my best friend with her husband lives in Canada and she's the one who applied for the LMO (She's expecting baby No.2 few weeks from now hence she needs someone to help her)
I am a graduate of mathematics but will not include that in my visa application(don't want to raise any questions at the embassy) I have been taking care of my elder sister's kids for years and will get a letter from her and other people that i have help with their kids.Again I sew and make hair very well ( so i will not depend on my friend fully for cash when i get there)
I hope this helps..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Live-in Caregiver Program by olabokey: 9:22pm On Oct 22, 2013
gracefulqueen: @Ifegy,Thanks so much for your great insight, I have printed out the forms needed for the application.
@naijaspeaks,I did not use any agent my best friend with her husband lives in Canada and she's the one who applied for the LMO (She's expecting baby No.2 few weeks from now hence she needs someone to help her)
I am a graduate of mathematics but will not include that in my visa application(don't want to raise any questions at the embassy) I have been taking care of my elder sister's kids for years and will get a letter from her and other people that i have help with their kids.Again I sew and make hair very well ( so i will not depend on my friend fully for cash when i get there)
I hope this helps..

What an escapade! very smart of you and honestly you deserve a visa for that at least....I pray God make it a full success story.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Live-in Caregiver Program by gracefulqueen(f): 3:43am On Oct 25, 2013
Thank u olabo key,I picked up my passport today going for my medical tomorrow morning,also i have an interview scheduled for middle of Nov.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Live-in Caregiver Program by deligatus(m): 7:52am On Oct 08, 2019
gracefulqueen:
Thank u olabo key,I picked up my passport today going for my medical tomorrow morning,also i have an interview scheduled for middle of Nov.
come and update this post

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Live-in Caregiver Program by happybee: 8:03am On Oct 08, 2019
deligatus:
come and update this post
Lmao grin..
Person wey never dey online since December 2013.
You got wait tire o...
Re: Canadian Live-in Caregiver Program by deligatus(m): 8:36pm On Oct 08, 2019
happybee:
Lmao grin..
Person wey never dey online since December 2013.
You got wait tire o...
lol. Funny but we need to know how it ended

1 Like

Re: Canadian Live-in Caregiver Program by happybee: 9:39pm On Oct 08, 2019
deligatus:
lol. Funny but we need to know how it ended
Lol..
The babe no dey naija anymore na..
So I don't think so..
Re: Canadian Live-in Caregiver Program by maternal: 11:58pm On Oct 08, 2019
I wish you luck. Unfortunately they discriminate against Nigerians when it comes to getting this visa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Live-in Caregiver Program by zizzo: 1:11am On Oct 13, 2019
Pls i need genuie visa agent that can help me with work permit
Re: Canadian Live-in Caregiver Program by zizzo: 1:12am On Oct 13, 2019
Pls i need genuie visa agent that can help me with work permit. Thanks
Re: Canadian Live-in Caregiver Program by Richdee1(m): 11:22pm On May 29, 2020
Make this babe con update us naa

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Live-in Caregiver Program by Chinny01: 7:36pm On Feb 26, 2021
Please does anyone have idea of genuine Canadian caregiver agencies in Nigeria?
Re: Canadian Live-in Caregiver Program by Kiki4: 3:52pm On Jun 17, 2021
Chinny01:
Please does anyone have idea of genuine Canadian caregiver agencies in Nigeria?

Please did you eventually find?
Re: Canadian Live-in Caregiver Program by Emprezz1: 11:02am On Dec 02, 2023
[quote author=gracefulqueen post=15871490]@Ifegy,Thanks so much for your great insight, I have printed out the forms needed for the application.
I hope this helps..
[Hi good day ma, pls where did you do your first Aid Training...I want to ensure I do mine in a recognised center too .]
Re: Canadian Live-in Caregiver Program by Emprezz1: 11:04am On Dec 02, 2023
[quote author=gracefulqueen post=

Hi good day ma, pls where did you do your first Aid Training...I want to ensure I do mine in a recognised center too .

(1) (Reply)

Best 5 Asian Countries!!! / THE Akanu Ibiam "International Airport" ENUGU Today, After The Rain / Weather Is Precarious This Week, ‘Be Cautious’ – NCAA Warns Airlines, Travelers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.