Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:54 PM

9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman (13052 Views)

Sex Will Make Your Relationship Stronger Only At The Appropriate Time / My Girlfriend Said Her Previous Guy Was Stronger In Bed. / Ladies Who Beat Up Their Lovers/husband?guys Avoid A Stronger Woman! with VIDEO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by Nobody: 6:58am On May 22, 2013
1. Identify your femaleness.
Find that part of you that makes you a special female specifically. Do you have pretty eyes? A lyrical voice? Flowing hair? Find something that you can look at your feminine side and say now that is something woman about me. It doesn't have to be an appearance characteristic, but definitely something men just can't pull off like you do.

2. Find a strong woman you believe in.
Emulate her. Look to Audrey Hepburn, Mother Teresa, Hillary Clinton, your mother, your best friend's big sister, anyone! Find a woman you appreciate. Next time you need to be strong think to yourself, "What would (insert name) do?"

3. Cut out all the drama.
It can be hard but confident strong women don't appreciate gossip and over the top emotional situations. You can be a tender, emotional, easily moved woman. That does not mean you need to talk about other people's business. When gossip comes up in conversation think classy and don't contribute.

4. Start talking to people and be proud of what you have to say.
Confidence is key. It can be very difficult when you are a reserved woman, but speaking up changes everything. Make conversation with strangers (in an appropriate, non-threatening manner) and stay involved in current events and newsworthy topics to help make wise up-to-date chit chat. When speaking to those you already know speak more than you usually do, but give people a chance to speak about themselves as well. (No one likes to do anything more than talk about themselves and taking that away is dangerous.) Remember to be proud, patient, pensive when speaking. You don't want to come off as cheeky or boastful so thoroughly thinking through your statements can be helpful.

5. Kiss the past goodbye.
If you're doing an internal make over than wiping your past clean can be a great mental break. Take a step back and think to yourself, "I woke up this morning a powerful female. I'm staying that way no matter what comes my way, and anything I did yesterday can just melt away. I'm not doing that again." And if your past ever does come back to bite you, supply an apology from a place of both humility and strength. If you feel the need to let these people know you're moving on tell them so. They may not agree and the band-aid formed may not hold, but you will be happier internally if you stay strong, don't lash out, and keep your cool.

6. Keep your convictions.
Don't run from fights. Wanting to avoid conflict is a natural reaction to any issue, but fleeing from it doesn't always help. Speak what's on your mind in a civil manner, even if you're opponent is not being as lady-like. Tell them why you believe you are correct, justify that statement, and give them an opportunity to speak openly. If you discover you are correct and they lay down walk away empowered, but be gracious about your victory. If you discover you were wrong in your beliefs politely explain what you were wrong about, apologize if necessary, and walk away guilt free. (Over apologizing can be painful, so be calm and remain strong.) If you come to a dead tie that remains unresolved: drop it. If it's brought back up, handle it. But don't go searching for an issue.

7. Admit your flaws. Be open and content with things you are not good at, laugh about photos of yourself you find unflattering, and smile about positions you did not achieve/ contests you did not win etc. Be content not being perfect. Women who try to be exempt from flaws crumble faster than those with too many to count.

8. Be happy having enemies.
From a young age everyone must learn that some people just won't like you. Once you know you are disliked by someone (whether it was provoked or not) understand that and know they aren't worth your time. Don't force a friendship to happen, it will do more harm than good.

9. Handle insults and compliments with grace.
Take every comment made about you as lightly as possible. Appreciate flattering statements with a simple un-exaggerated "thank you" and ignore not so flattering comments.

SOURCE

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by Lilimax(f): 8:22am On May 22, 2013
Very educative. Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by xynerise: 8:26am On May 22, 2013
These apply to both male and female.

1 Like

Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by Sanboy25: 10:10am On May 22, 2013

I thought that I just had to do some push-ups.... undecided

1 Like

Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by AtheistD(m): 10:27am On May 22, 2013
xynerise: These apply to both male and female.

Exactly. Why not provide something that is specific to women? How to handle relationship issues, career, family and other matters from a womans perspective?
Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by Nobody: 10:43am On May 22, 2013
Who is a strong woman and how exactly will these points make a woman strong?

2 Likes

Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by Nobody: 10:44am On May 22, 2013
Sanboy25:

Thats a better way of becoming a strong woman cheesy

1 Like

Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by AtheistD(m): 10:45am On May 22, 2013
J12: Who is a strong woman and how exactly will these points make a woman strong?

Tell me about it.

This could apply to toddlers, there is no definitive advice here for women.
Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by Sanboy25: 11:03am On May 22, 2013
J12:

Thats a better way of becoming a strong woman cheesy

haha grin
Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 22, 2013
Hmm. that number 8 o dikwa hard small o.
Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 22, 2013
Article in brief: Be yourself. Dont try to be some one else. You are at your best when you are yourself.

2 Likes

Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by deebrain(m): 3:36pm On May 22, 2013
Sanboy25:

God bless you....
Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by deebrain(m): 3:39pm On May 22, 2013
where can i find number three?.....i will marry her immediately...{he swears to the sky}
Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by DukeNija(m): 3:40pm On May 22, 2013
Lol at become a Stronger Woman.
Why should they be stronger? What did they use the former Strength for?
Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by claremont(m): 3:41pm On May 22, 2013
Wikipedia shouldn't be used as a reference material for any advice. This article is simply a mere conjecture by the feminists who contributed to it.
Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by DJDOLA(m): 3:45pm On May 22, 2013
Mtchewww 9 tips 2 become stronge woman...so that they can start fighting we man abi..una no reach
Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by kennyonthrone(m): 3:45pm On May 22, 2013
Na I won't want a strong woman 4 a wifey,dat one go b real wahala na she go b Oga @ d top
Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by tomsongz(m): 3:49pm On May 22, 2013
If una lyk make ur create 50 ways 2 be a stronger woman,BIBLE DAN TALK AM SAY WOMEN R Weaker Vessels
Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by 50calibre(m): 3:53pm On May 22, 2013
Another thread designed to mislead, I thought being a "strong woman" was a myth.
Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by xynerise: 4:05pm On May 22, 2013
tomsongz: If una lyk make ur create 50 ways 2 be a stronger woman,BIBLE DAN TALK AM SAY WOMEN R Weaker Vessels
''Stronger'' here is not literal. It is a connotative meaning of what you are thinking. ''Stronger'' here represent positive qualities and not strength.

1 Like

Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 22, 2013
all these na wash. if a woman goes to the gym regularly, all these qualities will follow consequentially and naturally.
Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by Mamaflex(f): 4:16pm On May 22, 2013
And how does these make one a "stronger woman"?? I dnt get it.
Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by Reachyrich(f): 4:19pm On May 22, 2013
Thanks 4 d tips
Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 22, 2013
What an inspiring thread! particularly points 8 and 9. Black woman in Nigeria and Diaspora have more to offer this world than some of us imagine. Whether single or married, in G.R.A or village, need more positive words of encouragement, and less bleaching creams and synthesised beauty regimes.

1 Like

Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 22, 2013
Eat akpu with Onugbu soup daily and you will become stronger

1 Like

Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by costan306(m): 5:21pm On May 22, 2013
if u wanna be a strong woman.just get castrated
Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 22, 2013
queenvic: What an inspiring thread! particularly points 8 and 9. Black woman in Nigeria and Diaspora have more to offer this world than some of us imagine. Whether single or married, in G.R.A or village, need more positive words of encouragement, and less bleaching creams and synthesised beauty regimes.

[size=13pt]Exactly. cool[/size]
Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 22, 2013
claremont: Wikipedia shouldn't be used as a reference material for any advice. This article is simply a mere conjecture by the feminists who contributed to it.

[size=13pt]It's for reading purposes. The list is not a set of commandments, nor is it a mandate.[/size]
Re: 9 Tips On How To Become A Stronger Woman by Temismith(f): 5:49pm On May 22, 2013
Dozed off while reading dis, i just woke up now.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Adventure With My Street Chicks (18+) / Indian Lady Marries Snake / Singles Crib>>>{married People Stay Away!!}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.