Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,735 members, 7,806,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! (2428 Views)

Uche Jombo & Monalisa Chinda Attend 'Invasion 1897' Premiere / Celebrities At The Lagos Premiere Of Invasion 1897 (Photos) / New Movie Trailer; Adesuwa By Lancelot Imasuen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by Agstar(f): 7:46pm On May 22, 2013
1897, is a new movie from legendary director Lancelot Oduwa Imasuen, parading stars such as Segun Arinze Paul Obazele, Mike Omoregbe, with special appearance by Justus Esiri(now deceased). The film focuses on the invasion of the Benin Kingdom by the British Empire in 1897 and how they carted away ancient artifacts belonging to the kingdom.

1897 boldly attempts to unearth the real deal behind the invasion... read more on http://9aijabooksandmovies./2013/05/22/invasion-1897-lancelot-imasuen-goes-historical/

Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by sholay2011(m): 10:24am On May 23, 2013
The title sounds funny to me... grin
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by PhysicsQED(m): 1:03pm On May 23, 2013
No disrespect to Mr. Imasuen, but I think that if a historical event of that much importance is going to be covered by him in a film, he should make a deliberate effort to step up the quality of his work by several notches. I've seen parts of some of his other movies and I wasn't really impressed - but then again maybe I've been spoiled by Hollywood.

1 Like

Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by sholay2011(m): 1:32pm On May 23, 2013
PhysicsQED: No disrespect to Mr. Imasuen, but I think that if a historical event of that much importance is going to be covered by him in a film, he should make a deliberate effort to step up the quality of his work by several notches. I'm seen parts of some of his other movies and I wasn't really impressed - but then again maybe I've been spoiled by Hollywood.
Hopefully, he has stepped up his game but you just spoke my mind in your post.
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 23, 2013
Lancelot's work are not always mindblowing. He is not one of idumota guys and he is not superb either. But his movies make it to the cinemas.....So maybe i can call him upgraded version! grin grin grin grin.

I hope he doesn't release it during the time when Izu Ojukwu's "76" comes out......as that film will just crush this one with box office cheesy
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by sholay2011(m): 6:54pm On May 23, 2013
speedyboi: Lancelot's work are not always mindblowing. He is not one of idumota guys and he is not superb either. But his movies make it to the cinemas.....So maybe i can call him upgraded version! grin grin grin grin.

I hope he doesn't release it during the time when Izu Ojukwu's "76" comes out......as that film will just crush this one with box office cheesy
May God have mercy on you oh! grin 'Upgraded version' indeed. Well, I know him to handle all these 'Royal academy (another name for Emem isong wink) movies, but let's see if he can pull this off.
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 23, 2013
sholay2011:
May God have mercy on you oh! grin 'Upgraded version' indeed. Well, I know him to handle all these 'Royal academy (another name for Emem isong wink) movies, but let's see if he can pull this off.

He can't tongue (sorry for being pessimistic). But he is not the 'improving' type; he has always been this way in his craft.
I watched Adesuwa (a story about benin as well), I just felt like killing the VFX supervisor angry
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by sholay2011(m): 7:53pm On May 23, 2013
speedyboi:

He can't tongue (sorry for being pessimistic). But he is not the 'improving' type; he has always been this way in his craft.
I watched Adesuwa (a story about benin as well), I just felt like killing the VFX supervisor angry
Em...*scratches head*....wetin be VFX supervision...em sorry...supervisor? cry grin

I no sabi...pls, come down to my level.
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by VillageBoi(m): 8:02pm On May 23, 2013
lol @ you people sef! And yes the title sounds weird. Teehee, make una no yab our awesome cut & paste VFX people grin
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 23, 2013
VillageBoi:
lol @ you people sef! And yes the title sounds weird. Teehee, make una no yab our awesome gut & paste VFX people grin

Shey u don watch am? You know you are a stricter VFX critic than I am.......But the VFX in Adesuwa was bad! angry
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by sholay2011(m): 8:59pm On May 23, 2013
Oh Gawd! Wat is VFX? And please, don't refer me to google. E jowo, e so fun mi nw. tongue
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by VillageBoi(m): 9:04pm On May 23, 2013
sholay2011: Oh Gawd! Wat is VFX? And please, don't refer me to google. E jowo, e so fun mi nw. tongue

Do you really mean it? I thought you were kidding with us. VFX = Visual Effects
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by VillageBoi(m): 9:06pm On May 23, 2013
speedyboi:
Shey u don watch am? You know you are a stricter VFX critic than I am.......But the VFX in Adesuwa was bad! angry

No I nefa see Adesuwa, I go swearch for am to rent or buy... I hope there is a rent option because I really don't want to buy it.
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by Nobody: 9:07pm On May 23, 2013
VillageBoi:

You get him time cheesy cheesy
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by sholay2011(m): 9:07pm On May 23, 2013
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by sholay2011(m): 9:08pm On May 23, 2013
VillageBoi:

Yes, I meant it smiley Though, I sensed it means visual effects, but my assumption could be erroneous. I've learnt smth.
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by VillageBoi(m): 9:09pm On May 23, 2013
speedyboi:

You get him time cheesy cheesy

Oh man, he was kidding and I fell for it. Sholay you owe me one basket of village mangoes becaus you just 419d me grin
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by VillageBoi(m): 9:09pm On May 23, 2013
^^^ Now I have to edit the above as you really were not joking! Duh!! lol
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by prof800(m): 9:10pm On May 23, 2013
sholay2011:
Yes, I meant it smiley Though, I sensed it means visual effects, but my assumption could be erroneous. I've learnt smth.

walahi.! me sef think say na play ooo..
it is well sha..
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by sholay2011(m): 9:10pm On May 23, 2013
VillageBoi:

Oh man, he was kidding and I fell for it. Sholay you owe me one basket of village mangoes becaus you just 419d me grin
I wasn't kidding cool. Don't be surprised bro, my ignorance about moviemaking knows no bounds grin.
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by VillageBoi(m): 9:11pm On May 23, 2013
sholay2011:

And SFX means 'Sound Effects' not the new form of Nollywood se.ex effects crappy films lol.

1 Like

Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by VillageBoi(m): 9:13pm On May 23, 2013
prof800:

walahi.! me sef think say na play ooo..
it is well sha..

Hey Prof... where you dey siiiiince!!?
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by prof800(m): 9:17pm On May 23, 2013
VillageBoi:

Hey Prof... where you dey siiiiince!!?
my oga..i dey here dey follow una posts ooo...some of speedyboi posts dey make me laff die as e dey fire some people.
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by VillageBoi(m): 9:23pm On May 23, 2013
prof800:
my oga..i dey here dey follow una posts ooo...some of speedyboi posts dey make me laff die as e dey fire some people.

Ah I no be oga o! Na you be our oga. Yeah SpeedyBoi is well funny.
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 23, 2013
VillageBoi:

No I nefa see Adesuwa, I go swearch for am to rent or buy... I hope there is a rent option because I really don't want to buy it.

Na the DVD i watched. I know this isn't right but....i think i've come across it on youtube before (and i think it is illegally uploaded)......Maybe you can take advantage of that grin grin embarassed embarassed (I don't it will be in High quality though).

Really, i won't advice you to buy it either. I bought it cos of the hype but i was disappointed! It's a really superb story, very nice plot, great picture and sound quality, good cinematography, 'okay' directing, but the effects spoiled show (and at a very crucial part sef). Then the fight scenes were properly filmed, but terribly edited with poor sound effects that could've have done a lot (like the clashes and friction of swords and all). Sha just watch am.
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by Nobody: 9:32pm On May 23, 2013
prof800:

Hey which of my posts? angry angry
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by VillageBoi(m): 9:38pm On May 23, 2013
speedyboi:

Na the DVD i watched. I know this isn't right but....i think i've come across it on youtube before (and i think it is illegally uploaded)......Maybe you can take advantage of that grin grin embarassed embarassed (I don't it will be in High quality though).

They should have put it on Distrify to make some extra money there. How do we support 'New Nollywood' if we don't want to buy a physical DVD? They need to get in with technology and take advantage of it. I might watch the Youtube upload but a low-res will make it seem even crappier.
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by VillageBoi(m): 9:39pm On May 23, 2013
speedyboi:

Hey which of my posts? angry angry

Hahahahaha you dey ask? grin
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 23, 2013
VillageBoi:

They should have put it on Distrify to make some extra money there. How do we support 'New Nollywood' if we don't want to buy a physical DVD? They need to get in with technology and take advantage of it. I might watch the Youtube upload but a low-res will make it seem even crappier.

You should be able to get the DVD in stores..Just look. I don't think it's online though. It was distributed by Nollywood Distributions and the company doesn't really do online stuffs, but when it comes to hardcopy DVD, IT IS one of the best in that! You won't look too much grin

VillageBoi:

Hahahahaha you dey ask? grin
I really do not know ooo
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by VillageBoi(m): 10:33pm On May 23, 2013
speedyboi:

You should be able to get the DVD in stores..Just look. I don't think it's online though. It was distributed by Nollywood Distributions and the company doesn't really do online stuffs, but when it comes to hardcopy DVD, IT IS one of the best in that! You won't look too much grin

Hahahahaha bwwwaaaaahhahahaha (http://www.afrikandvd.com) DVD Adesuwa-1 = $1.99, shipping to 'England' = $42.30... yeah right!
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by Nobody: 10:49pm On May 23, 2013
VillageBoi:

Hahahahaha bwwwaaaaahhahahaha (http://www.afrikandvd.com) DVD Adesuwa-1 = $1.99, shipping to 'England' = $42.30... yeah right!

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed I was wrong! cry cry
Re: Invasion 1897: Lancelot Imasuen Goes Historical! by VillageBoi(m): 10:54pm On May 23, 2013
speedyboi:
embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed I was wrong! cry cry

No, not at all. I'm sure I'll find it somewhere much cheaper. Or will have to resort to Youtube. Once filmmakers have done the cinema run they really need to start making their films accessible to people that want to pay to watch them... or how else are we meant to support our industry?

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Nollywood Movie "More Or Less" / Youmate-download Youtube Videos Faster And Freely / The Woman King Flops At The Box Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.