Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,877 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? (76041 Views)

Mujahid Dokubo-asari Blasts Nigerians Over Hypocrisy Against Ibos / Picture Of Young Sanusi, His Grand-dad , Bello And A British Diplomat / Mujahid Dokubo Asari; Al Mustapha Must Not Die. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by tpia5: 11:44pm On May 22, 2013
as for the ustaz title, didnt want to say anything about that before because then some people would have started their usual i'm there to cause trouble mantra.

smh.
Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by Aifey(m): 11:44pm On May 22, 2013
Wht else do u xpect from d western. Media CNN BBC, Aljazeera. Every killing in d world is only done by Nigerian or iran.
Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by Nobody: 11:48pm On May 22, 2013
Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by Chinwem(f): 11:48pm On May 22, 2013
I m ashamed to be a Nigerian.........am so ready to change nationality

How much disgrace can one nationality take?

The victim is being forgotten in all this.....my heart goes out to his family and friends

Nobody has to agree with me on this so if you don't just don't bother quoting me!!!!!!!!! Better yet hug the nearest transformer
I m so pissed right now angry

2 Likes

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by Nobody: 11:49pm On May 22, 2013
Desola:

He is still Nigerian!

The blame in my opinion lies squarely at his parents feet. They basically failed!

Being Nigerian in this context is a mere legal connotation. A man brought up in Britain in all ramifications-education, culture, etc etc-is more British than Nigerian. I as a person consider him a Briton.

You can't just lay the blame squarely on the parents. one, they are not magicians. Many kids parading themselves as adults never really grow up. Two, we really don't have enough information at this point to reach such a conclusion. It may later turn out that his parents are blameless. Three, there are many who are from a messy home but still make success of their lives.Let's this man account for his atrocities, leave the parent angle.

The key component is what people are shying from discussing and that's the influence of Islam. How did it happen that a Michael got converted and radicalized to a Mujahid? What's in Islam that make many prone to this kind of behavior? Answers to such questions may likely prevent a re-occurrence.

9 Likes

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by zumbigbo(m): 11:49pm On May 22, 2013
Wht else do u xpect from d western. Media CNN BBC, Aljazeera. Every killing in d world is only done by Nigerian or iran.

Use your brain bros, please, abeg. A friend of his has written tearfully about knowing this guy. he has not brought up his nationality in his tweets, but by name alone, we now where he is from.

Rather than concentrate on the facts, you want to invent your own conspiracy theory.

As for young Nigerians - it is clear that they are empty vessels that can be filled with any form of message.

3 Likes

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by Nobody: 11:50pm On May 22, 2013
ola_pluto: He is likely a British citizen. Why must his roots be brought up when he commits a crime. Can we please have this label for Nigerians representing well in UK? Can we call Chuba Akpom a Nigerian too please, Christine Ohuruogu, Gabby Agbonlahor, Carlton Cole, Andrew Osagie, Idowu Phillips, Ronke Phillips are all Nigerians but never referred to as Nigerians. This guy probably has never stepped into Nigeria, so why call him Nigerian? His accent is a proper Londoner's innit!

Prof the last I checked having a Nigerian parents makes me one or have you guys changed that law already?

Do I need to visit Nigeria 10 times a year or speak Igbo fluently to be considered as half Nigerian?

2 Likes

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by Josh316(m): 11:52pm On May 22, 2013
HE IS BRITISH!!!!! SHIKENA!!! They shouldn't even think of adding that Nigerian tag to justify the depraved action...

1 Like

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by baby124: 11:53pm On May 22, 2013
I hope he survives so that his eyes can come down, so he can view his stupidity in HD. The UK is too lenient anyway, they hardly have death row. They should round up the guy and the imams who are his mentors so they can catch more students who will be unleashed to cause future menace. From Michael to Mujahid! Nigerian parents in the UK are asleep sha. Before they used to ship them back and at the airport open a big can of yansh tearing. But these days, british government will support these miscreants and defend them to defy their parents. What we sow, we reap.

10 Likes

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 22, 2013
Consequences of bearing mujahid grin

1 Like

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by gerald09(m): 11:54pm On May 22, 2013
British people don start again, when u do good them go say na British when u do bad na den dem go remember say u papa n mama no be British, and as usual BBC, CNN and FOXnews always have negative tins to say about Africa 80% of our problems na UK and US media put am for our head. For Goodness sake dis boy na British boy his birth cert says so, his passport says so, his attitude says so, if na em papa or mama kill person den its now a Nigerian problem, now cameron go say na cos of Nigerian Poverty dats y he committed the crime.

3 Likes

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by elbinmanny(m): 11:56pm On May 22, 2013
the_ripper3: He changed from being MICHEAL to MUJAHID. See where it landed him? The fetid smell of Islam reeks even from planet pluto.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by Vansnickers: 11:56pm On May 22, 2013
"On Wednesday night local time two sources close to the investigation said police were investigating a possible Nigerian link to the attack, without giving any further details.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/terror-in-london-uk-soldier-hacked-to-death-in-street-20130523-2k1s0.html#ixzz2U45RB800
Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by delors(m): 11:57pm On May 22, 2013
Jeez! I knew it! I just knew it! Nigeriannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by zumbigbo(m): 11:58pm On May 22, 2013
Britain don pepper immigrants with too much work to pay taxes, so parents no dey to raise children.

children then raised by ghetto/mosque/drink/church/drugs.... philosophies...

result ....Confusion plenty.

4 Likes

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by DMainMan: 11:59pm On May 22, 2013
@all. DMainMan is back. No offensive statement. I mean it
Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by tpia5: 12:00am On May 23, 2013
Desola:

Are you absolutely sure?

nigerian did not come to mind when i saw the video.

some other country did.
Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by Nobody: 12:01am On May 23, 2013
Van snickers: "On Wednesday night local time two sources close to the investigation said police were investigating a possible Nigerian link to the attack, without giving any further details.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/world/terror-in-london-uk-soldier-hacked-to-death-in-street-20130523-2k1s0.html#ixzz2U45RB800

I suspect the boys to be Ombatse members. It is only them that kill policemen with matchets. just saying.
Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by thelastpope10: 12:03am On May 23, 2013
I am going to say this and it really pains me. This thread should not be on the front page. NL moderators and most Nigerian media are very unpatriotic, period. I have been a member of many forums outside Nigeria and I can tell you categorically that it is only Nigerian forums that celebrate and propagate every bad thing about their country. Every other country including the USA always censor and edit their news and present it in ways that doesnt give their country very bad image. Only in Nigeria do you find the media denigrating their country like this. How can you create a post like this and put it on the front page. The lad is british, simple.

When was the last time the boy was in Nigeria? But you chose to label him a Nigerian. Shame on all unpatriotic Nigerians!

14 Likes

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by ArQueBusieR(m): 12:04am On May 23, 2013
PHIPEX: About a month ago the world focused on Nigeria because of Achebe, now we shall once again be the focus of the world because someone memorised so much of Quaran and lost his senses. Who knows, he may be a Niralander grin grin
LMAO
Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by gerald09(m): 12:05am On May 23, 2013
REALITY101:

Prof the last I checked having a Nigerian parents makes me one or have you guys changed that law already?

Do I need to visit Nigeria 10 times a year or speak Igbo fluently to be considered as half Nigerian?

Yes u don't have too visit 10 times but if u haven't @ all n u don't speak @ least the basic Nigerian english then what the hell makes u a Nigerian on top am u come go do bad tin n u fink Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ will accept u cos ur pop n mumsi na Nigerian. A real Nigerian or a real British is 1 dat have been breed n buttered in Nigeria or Britain (all the other tins na bulls*hit technicality)
Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by Desola(f): 12:06am On May 23, 2013
Prof Corruption:

Being Nigerian in this context is a mere legal connotation. A man brought up in Britain in all ramifications-education, culture, etc etc-is more British than Nigerian. I as a person consider him a Briton.

You can't just lay the blame squarely on the parents. one, they are not magicians. Many kids parading themselves as adults never really grow up. Two, we really don't have enough information at this point to reach such a conclusion. It may later turn out that his parents are blameless. Three, there are many who are from a messy home but still make success of their lives.Let's this man account for his atrocities, leave the parent angle.

The key component is what people are shying from discussing and that's the influence of Islam. How did it happen that a Michael got converted and radicalized to a Mujahid? What's in Islam that make many prone to this kind of behavior? Answers to such questions may likely prevent a re-occurrence.

I really do not know where to start responding to this post without getting hot under the collar but in the meantime, I must say that I do not buy your postulations that the blame should not lie at the parents feet. Surely, the parents got it wrong somewhere when he started to mix with the wrong group and they did not take note of it. They must have noticed something, must have seen things. I can't provide a coherent rebuttal right now as I am so angry with Nigerian parents right now and this silly notion that when their children are born in the UK, they lose their Nigerian heritage, customs and traditions. I say that is absolute balderdash! Actually, I beg to differ on your notion that the boy's Nigerianness is only in the legal sense - absolutely not! He is legally British but idealistically most probably Nigerian. He was raised by Nigerian parents, on partial Nigerian mentality. Children spend their formative years with their parents so what they grow up to be is a mirror of what their parents have invested in them and not what the teachers have taught them.

This attrocious act throws all the ills of Nigeria up once again. We have not only failed as a country, we have failed individually and our sh1t reeks and the whole world can now smell it more than before!

2 Likes

Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by baby124: 12:06am On May 23, 2013
tpia@:

nigerian did not come to mind when i saw the video.

some other country did.

I thought he was somalian. Na wa o. See my shock and surprise. And the guts to face a camera, talking about killing like he just killed a chicken. Omo, my blood drain o. Such wickedness,ha! Can such wickedness truly exist in a religious doctrine? It is rare to see evil on display, this is cold and bone chilling. I wonder in whose country he sees people being killed on the streets. He also had an African accent, didn't sound thoroughly british to me. These fundamentalists and fanatics are a psychopath's dream organization. Parents need to do better men, all these children dying to belong to something and being badly raised.
Re: Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? by Nobody: 12:07am On May 23, 2013
thelastpope10: I am going to say this and it really pains me. This thread should not be on front page. NL moderators and most Nigerian media are very unpatriotic, period. I have been a member of many forums outside Nigeria and I can tell you categorically that it is only Nigerian forums that celebrate and propagate every bad thing about their country. Every other country including the USA always censor and edit their news and present it in ways that doesnt give their country very bad image. Inly in Nigeria do you find the media denigrating their country like this. How can you create a post like this and put it on the front page. The lad is a briton, simple.

When was the last time the boy was in Nigeria? But you chose to label him a Nigerian. Shame on all unpatriotic Nigerians!
No wonder the British quickly labeled the killers as Nigerians. I sorry for this country.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Check Out A Lawmaker Resting After Jump The Fence Yesterday +pics Lol / President Buhari Arrives In Lagos / Soldiers Smashed A Lawyer's Car In Imo Over Biafran Flag (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.