Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,573 members, 7,809,091 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:47 PM

Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar (20935 Views)

World First Buoyant Smartphone By Comet Sets For Release. / Android Users! Stream Live DSTV Channels On Your Android Smartphone For Free / Ascend Mate - Largest Screen Smartphone By Huawei (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by crispgg: 9:48am On May 23, 2013
Caterpillar Launches Insanely Durable Strongest Smartphone In The World

Watch out Apple and Samsung? Caterpillar launched a drop-proof, water-proof, dust-proof smartphone Monday that you actually wouldn’t be embarrassed to carry around with you.

The B15 Cat Phone isn’t the first “ruggedized” smartphone and isn’t even the first to be designed by Caterpillar. But it is probably the first that you’d want to use.

Most phones meant to withstand punishment have a silly amount of heavy-duty rubber casing around them, and their functionality is an afterthought. Contractors, construction workers and other people with dirty jobs have typically been stuck with giant, ugly, and subpar phones.

The B15 is relatively thin, light, and has most of the standard smartphone features: Google’s Android 4.1 operating system, a 4.1-inch touchscreen, a 5-megapixel camera and HD video recording. Of course, it’s not really going to compete with the specifications of the Apple iPhone 5 or the Galaxy S4, but it’s a perfectly decent phone.

If Caterpillar’s smartphone doesn’t exactly pack a punch, the B15 can certainly take one: It can withstand water up to a depth of 1 meter, for up to 30 minutes. The screen works perfectly well when it is wet, unlike most smartphones. And the silver anodized aluminum and rubber casing of the B15 protect it from drops of up to six feet.

Caterpillar tried out the concept a year ago with the B10 smartphone. But that device was an inch thick and about as attractive as a front-end loader.

With the B15, Caterpillar got the casing down to a half-inch of thickness, and it’s only 0.2 inches wider and 2 ounces heavier than the iPhone 5.

As with the B10, Caterpillar partnered with Bullitt Group to manufacture and market the B15. Bullit is a British company that specializes in helping brands enter new markets.

The B15 will be available in the Nigerian Market for about N56,000- N60,000. The market for ruggedized devices isn’t enormous — just 21 million were sold last year, according to Caterpillar. But the company wants to own that niche, and become the top durable phone maker by 2015.

http://www.theheraldng.com/insanely-durable-strongest-smartphone-in-the-world-caterpillar/

2 Likes

Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by Francheezy(m): 1:54pm On May 23, 2013
wow
Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by Francheezy(m): 1:56pm On May 23, 2013
wich kind hand dey hold d fone

5 Likes

Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by FKO1(m): 2:36pm On May 23, 2013
THIS PHONE WILL BE USEFUL FOR PLUCKING MANGOES

49 Likes

Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 23, 2013
F.K.O:
THIS PHONE WILL BE USEFUL FOR PLUCKING MANGOES
LOLzzz! I no lie u!!!
As the name implies.... CATERPILLAR!!!
WHAT A BRICK cheesy
Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by calddon(m): 3:56pm On May 23, 2013
I love rugged smartphones, just like my Samsung rugby smart. It's military grade and a die hard android phone.

1 Like

Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by crispgg: 5:24pm On May 23, 2013
Francheezy: wich kind hand dey hold d fone

You don watch Game of Thrones? Na whitewalker...na him dem de take call each other plan how dem go climb the wall...

3 Likes

Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by crispgg: 5:40pm On May 23, 2013
Dimentsion: (H)125 x (W)69.5 x (D)14.95mm_
Weight: 170g_
IP67: Waterproof up to 1M for 30 minutes_
impervious to dust_
Display:4” Capacitive Multi touch
corning® Gorilla® glass_
Wet finger tracking_
connectivity: 3g 850/1900 or 900/2100_
GSM 850/900/1800/1900_
bluetooth® (edr), wi-fi®_
Gps: supporting turn-by-turn navigation_ pre-installed
Apps: browser, chrome, youtube™, google™
search, google™ maps, google™+, google™
now, google™ play, google™ calendar_
Operating system: Android™ 4.1 Jelly Bean_
Media: 5.0MP rear facing camera_
One-press continuous shooting_
VGA Front facing camera_
video capture and player_
music player_
fm radio_
handsfree speakerphone_
OPERATIONAL BETWEEN: -20°C to 55°C
DROP TESTING: UP TO 1.80M_
Processor: Dual core 1GHz processor_
Memory: 4GB storage (expandable to 32gb via micro sd card) / 512mb RAM_
BATTERY: 2000mAh_
Talk Time Up to 16.3 Hours_
Standby Up to 26 Days (Single SIM)_
or Up to 19 Days (Dual SIM)_
In-box items: Device, battery, quick-start guide, mains charger, usb cable_

5 Likes

Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by yuzedo: 5:53pm On May 23, 2013
[size=18pt]SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size] shocked shocked shocked shocked

OMG! I just c.um in my shorts! shocked shocked shocked

5 Likes

Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by Ignatio(m): 5:58pm On May 23, 2013
Finally a replacement for Nokia 3310.

17 Likes

Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by Nobody: 5:58pm On May 23, 2013
makes sense, like say na wetin I go buy give momsie, make person rest.

3 Likes

Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 23, 2013
Rugged phone! This is a weapon for self defence. If i use this one stone pesin, im go survive am?

1 Like

Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 23, 2013
If you ain't doing the Droid, then you're sitting on a Loooong thing. grin
This smartphone looks like it's made for me. cool

1 Like

Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by DJDOLA(m): 6:00pm On May 23, 2013
how much dem con dey sell am nau
Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by Valto(m): 6:01pm On May 23, 2013
rugged phone! but 512mb ram killed it! angry

3 Likes

Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by Nobody: 6:01pm On May 23, 2013
Francheezy: wich kind hand dey hold d fone

Lol... I wonder too ooo... See as e dirty!
Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by SincereBigot: 6:04pm On May 23, 2013
i must get it.
Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by crispgg: 6:06pm On May 23, 2013
Marthakings:

They are trying to portray the use of the phone by guys who do a lot of dirty hardcore work in the construction industry...
Means no matter how dirty or oily your hands are, you don't have to worry about cleaning your hands when you have to pick a call.

6 Likes

Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by Nobody: 6:06pm On May 23, 2013
Marthakings:

Seems you don't understand the concept behind ruggedized phones. CAT makes earth moving machines so their phone is meant for people working along that line. Civil engineers and co. This ain't for you if you work in the bank.

3 Likes

Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by physise(m): 6:08pm On May 23, 2013
wow
Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by thelastpope10: 6:13pm On May 23, 2013
Hummer Android 1.0

3 Likes

Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by val021(m): 6:13pm On May 23, 2013
this 1 be lyk say e go get air conditioner ohh. lol grin

1 Like

Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 23, 2013
People funny sha...
Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by akraym(m): 6:16pm On May 23, 2013
Got the fone last week. No network service
Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 23, 2013
Very unattractive looking weapon device
Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by gen2briz(m): 6:23pm On May 23, 2013
See me see wahala ooo,wetin concern cartepiller with phone. ..

2 Likes

Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by ceospecial(m): 6:23pm On May 23, 2013
angrywen i neva chop afternun fud? Garri tins on point! 50wetin u call am? *runzs of 2 borrow loan*

1 Like

Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by Nobody: 6:24pm On May 23, 2013
this phone is meant for CCEC workers building that orile bridge
Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by Nobody: 6:27pm On May 23, 2013
Where's the one casio did? Twuz supposed to be a g-shock phone

Re: Cat B15 Android Smartphone By Caterpillar by Nobody: 6:29pm On May 23, 2013
Brand_new:
Seems you don't understand the concept behind ruggedized phones. CAT makes earth moving machines so their phone is meant for people working along that line. Civil engineers and co. This ain't for you if you work in the bank.
If it's meant for civil engineers and co, then they are not ready to sell. i know some men who like big phones.
walahi, if my papa see this phone eh.... im go troway im nokia torch phone. the phone make sense die!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Where Is Your Favorite Phone Pressing Spot? / New Glo Data Plan - Get 1.2gb For N200 And 6gb For N1000 / The Real Reason Why Your Phone Doesn't Support Efootball

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.