Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,190 members, 7,807,643 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:46 PM

British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? (33586 Views)

Man Commits Suicide For Being Labelled A Wizard / Has There Been Any Nigerian Politician Who Has Never Been Labelled A 'thief'? / Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Tintinix: 5:29pm On May 23, 2013
berem: I wonder why Nigerians are denying him. He is a Nigerian by blood!

What is your own girl?

Please Keep quiet if you cannot think and type!!!

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 23, 2013
obadiah777: THERE IS NO AMERICAN IN AMERICA. THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN AMERICAN. FIRST OFF THE PLACE NEVER EXISTED AS AMERICA 500 YEARS AGO SO WHAT WERE THESE PEOPLES GREAT GRANDPARENTS CALLED BEFORE THE EXISTENCE OF AMERICA ? SECONDLY AMERICA IS THE NAME OF A MAN CALLED AMERIGO VESPUCCI. NOW UNLESS YOU ARE RELATED TO THE MAN YOU CANT BE AN AMERICAN. AMERICA IS WHAT THE LAND MASS IS CALLED NOW BUT THE PEOPLE THERE ARE EITHER IRISH OR SCOTTISH OR AFRICAN OR ETC ETC. BUT IF I REALLY WANT TO GO INTO WHO THESE PEOPLE REALLY ARE BECAUSE LETS FACE IT THE NAMES NIGERIAN, IRISH, SCOTTISH, JAMAICAN ETC ETC ARE ALL MAN MADE NAMES OKAY. WE ALL HAVE NAMES GIVEN TO US AS PEOPLE FROM THE TIME WE ARE FORMED. WE ALL HAVE BIBLICAL NAMES SO IF WE REALLY WANT TO GET TO THE NITTY GRITTY, THESE ARE WHO WE ARE BIBLICALLY
ARABS-ISHMAELITES
CAUCASIANS-EDOMITES
NEGROS-ISRAELITES
EHTIOPIANS AND SOMALIANS AND HAUSAS AND FULANI - HAMITES ( ETHIOPIANS ARE ALSO CALLED CUSHITES )
CHINESE - MOABITES
JAPANESE - AMMONITES
IRANIANS - PERSIANS OR MEDES

THE CRACK PIPE IS TALKING

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by ogeelove(f): 5:33pm On May 23, 2013
Atheist:-D:

Yes yes. But this will make lives in the UK harder for Nigerians. Think about it.

I do not understand. how will it make life harder for nigerians living in the UK?
The UK have not made an issue of his heritage. Let's stop promoting propaganda DAT does not help anyone. Shalom.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by erniok(m): 5:35pm On May 23, 2013
karpentar:

so british environment encourages terror? i just don't know how people reason.
I guess he learned hard core Islam in lagos.Ola pluto post should answer your question.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 5:40pm On May 23, 2013
The deed is done, unfortunately we (Nigerians) have no reasonable response (not from the ambassador nor the President) not even the Nigerian Community is thinking of doing anything about it. perhaps there is some confusion about his nationality, but the UK Government don't think so .. nor do the Brits. As far as we know - They are both Nigerians and given the present situation in Nigeria (with BH, MEND, MASSOB, OPC, Fulanis and Ombatse) it will surely dive into a nasty Social situation. but that is bound to happen anyway. it is the terse Political situation we should be worried about. You are looking at a possible wave of negative perceptions that have been seething below the surface of every born Brit who fancies the idea of immigrants being the cause of the economic, social and religious ailments. Laws will be re-written, bounds will be set and as long as we keep quiet about it, we will all be tarred with the same dirty brush used on this son-of-a-desert dog called Michael.

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by mko2005: 5:40pm On May 23, 2013
Every one has got a route ! Wen it's bad,no one wan'ts to claim you even ur blood ! But if things keeps bein rosy,even your enemies want's to identify with you !
Adeboloja may be a citizen of UK but for sure he is one of us ! It's a pity. You remember the Chechen immigrant Boston bombers ?Their routes were traced as well not minding whether they are US Citizens !
May God help us all

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by ceslide: 5:40pm On May 23, 2013
the truth is if he did something very good, worth praising we would all find ways to prove he's nigerian, but now he's done something really bad we're denying him.#

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Danykooko: 5:43pm On May 23, 2013
Maxymilliano: The spoilt brat would have done well as a rapper and making cool money. His spoken words were like chanted rhyming lyrics but he choose to be a Muslim cleric idiot. Talk about talent misplaced!!!!
?

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by CY09: 5:44pm On May 23, 2013
obadiah777: BUT HE IS A NIGERIAN. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. YOU ARE YOUR HERITAGE. IF I PLANT AN APPLE SEED IN CHINA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. IF I PLANT THE SAME APPLE SEED IN NIGERIA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. THATS A PREPOSTEROUS CARNAL AND SHALLOW ASSERTION. WE ALL HAVE LINEAGES. JUST CUZ A CHINESE MAN IS BORN IN NIGERIA DOES NOT MEAN HE IS NIGERIAN
I use to respect you o, but with this all i can do smh!
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by babsjnr(m): 5:45pm On May 23, 2013
Boris Johnson mayor of london Says immigration Foreign Policy Not To Blame For Woolworth attack.. michael adeboloja is from nigerian descent not official nigerian citizenship there's a huge difference between nationality and background.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by ceslide: 5:50pm On May 23, 2013
its like sayinng he's yoruba not nigerian.....loool!!!
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by ony073: 5:55pm On May 23, 2013
obadiah777: BUT HE IS A NIGERIAN. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. YOU ARE YOUR HERITAGE. IF I PLANT AN APPLE SEED IN CHINA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. IF I PLANT THE SAME APPLE SEED IN NIGERIA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. THATS A PREPOSTEROUS CARNAL AND SHALLOW ASSERTION. WE ALL HAVE LINEAGES. JUST CUZ A CHINESE MAN IS BORN IN NIGERIA DOES NOT MEAN HE IS NIGERIAN
. Bros u neva quote one verse 4 bible 2 back ur point oooh. I dey wait jooor.

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by smoothcrim2014: 5:56pm On May 23, 2013

A horrifying London cleaver attack took place in broad daylight as two attackers beheaded a soldier at 2:20 p.m. on John Wilson Street in Woolrich, London. While the official injuries the victim suffered have not been announced, several witnesses said the soldier was beheaded.

The murder was committed in public. Multiple witnesses described the incident as a beheading with a machete blade. What's more, BBC reported sources heard the attackers shout "Allahu Akbar" as they filmed the horrifying murder.

Like Us on Facebook

"We saw clearly two knives, meat cleavers," described James, one of the witnesses, to the Telegraph. "They were big kitchen knives like you would use in a butcher's, they were hacking at this poor guy, we thought they were trying to remove organs from him."

"These two guys were crazed," James continued. "They were just animals. They dragged him from the pavement and dumped his body in the middle of the road and left his body there."

According to UPI this morning, authorities have determined the two suspects were acting out on their own. What's more, security services were aware of the men.

"The point that the two suspects in this horrific attack were known to the security services has been widely reported," announced Prime Minister David Cameron said during a statement Thursday. "You would not expect me to comment on this when a criminal investigation is ongoing."

A chilling photograph of a Nigerian man holding a bloody cleaver went viral yesterday as the brutal murder attracted the attention of readers around the world. According to UPI, the attacker is identified as 28-year-old Michael Adeboloja.

Reports from Sky News reveal Michael Adeboloja was born in Lambeth of Central London and crew up in East London.

"He was a student at Greenwich University, but it is not clear what he was studying there," said crime reporter Martin Brunt to Sky News. "Already on Facebook there are comments from former pupils say that they went to school with him in east London."

While the two attackers are apprehended and they seem to be working independently, authorities are still concerned whether the suspects belong to a larger group of extremists.

Sky News reports that the former leader of banned Islamic group al Muhajiroun, Anjem Choudary, knew one of the attackers but have not made contact with him for two years. One of the suspects was stopped when he attempted to leave for Somalia in order to join al Shaabab militants.

To better understand Michael Adeboloja's background, a counterterrorism squad investigated a Lincolnshire house that allegedly belonged to Adeboloja's father. Another house in Greenwich was investigated as well.

"We understand concern about the motivation and we will work tirelessly to uncover why this occurred and who was responsible. I understand people want answers, but I must stress we are in the early stages of investigations," said Scotland Yard police commissioner Sir Bernard Hogan-Howe.

In a statement following the attack, Prime Minister David Cameron said:

"The people who did this were trying to divide us. They should know something like this will only bring us together and make us stronger."

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by GooseBaba: 6:03pm On May 23, 2013
chidindufrank: yes, a Nigerian cannot answer such name without having a middle name to indicate his Nigerian background. If you know of any body that bears Micheal Churchhill in Nigeria pls tell me

Wrong.!! In secondary school I had class mates by the name of Juliet braithwaith (yoruba chick)and Etim Johnson (akwa ibom).. Besides go to warri you will see people with English first and last names. I refer to them as descendant of house niggers. Or some of them with no African name told me their parents did not give them one because it was primitive. I call them descent of inferior Africans..

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 23, 2013
Pastor Kun: Why Is The British Born Terrorist Being Labelled A Nigerian?

My Fellow Nigerian & My Most Dearest ,

By now you all must have heard of the gruesome killing of a British soldier by 2 young British men in
Woolwich, SE, London yesterday.

One of the young men has been identified as Michael Adeboloja
and is being refered to in ALL media reports as Nigerian/­British
OR British/­Nigerian (whatever3-| )

But do you also know that 16 out of the 541 British athletes at the 2012 Olympics Games were Nigerians ?

They are as follows:

Phillips Idowu,
James Dasaolu,
Andrew Osagie,
Lawrence Okoye,
Abdul Buhari,
Abiodun Oyepitan,
Anyika Onuora,
Margaret Adeoye,
Christine Ohuruogu,
Marilyn Okoro,
Eniola Aluko,
Temitope Fagbenle,
Anthony Ogoro,
Anthony Joshua,
Peter Bakare
and Dami Bakare.

All represented Britain at the Olympics and WERE NEVER refered to as Nigerian/­British.

Nigerians !!!

It is time we reject ALL negative being attached to US as a nation
and take pride in our tradition
and culture.

Let the world know that despite our differences and challenges we are good people with kind hearts
and love and with great respect for the human race.

We have in no small way contributed immensely to the world economy. We are energetic
and industrious and no amount of propaganda by the media can take away our PRIDE.

WE ARE NIGERIANS,

I AM A NIGERIAN & PROUD OF IT
and WE SHOULD BE PROUD TO BE A GENUINE AFRICAN BRAND.

Oh pleaseeee.. Kind hearts indeed. It goes sideways. If he had won a gold medal y'all by now would be referring him as Yoruba British or Nigerian British. So let y'all share the image and history bro. He is British Nigerian.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by smoothcrim2014: 6:04pm On May 23, 2013
GooseBaba:

Wrong.!! In secondary school I had class mates by the name of Juliet braithwaith (yoruba chick)and Etim Johnson (akwa ibom).. Besides go to warri you will see people with English first and last names. I refer to them as descendant of house niggers. Or some of them with no African name told me their parents did not give them one because it was primitive. I call them descent of inferior Africans..

What about Goodluck Jonathan, Victor Moses and others? Is your President a House nigger or inferior African?? Show some respect!
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by mamiel: 6:05pm On May 23, 2013
Good Nigerians, if we must be taken seriously by d rest of d world then we must fully exploit all mass media options available. Nigerians in diaspora must let d british embassy in respective nations take d message home; back home d press shld sound d alarm, tv stations shld organize talk shows on their network and then evryone else can contribute their quota using wpchoice eletronic medium. I see real arguement on dis platform, but NL alone wont do.

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Agiliti(m): 6:06pm On May 23, 2013

First of all, your apple analogy makes no sense. apples originated from Asia, does that make all apples Asian? if an apple that was PLANTED, GROWN, HARVESTED and EATEN in Nigeria makes u fall sick, are u not going to call it a Nigerian apple, rather than an Asian apple or a Nigerian/Asian apple.

as far as nationalities go, that boy is all British and no Nigerian. in fact if u start going by heritage, you'll find out that nobody in the west is really from where they live. Even the Queen of England herself has a German Heritage. In fact, her father, the King of England used to have a German name and only changed it during WW1 when the British were fighting the German..now to say that the Queen, ruler of all things British is a German woman would be a carnal and shallow assertion wouldn't it?

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by smoothcrim2014: 6:06pm On May 23, 2013
He's a Nigerian and an Ethnic Yoruba. He is certainly not Ethnic English

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_people

These are Ethnic Englishmen and none of them look anything like him. The way he looks suggests he is not even distantly related to them.

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Rhea(f): 6:09pm On May 23, 2013
[size=20pt]You are a citizen of where you are born. He is no Nigerian. He is British. He probably has never been to Nigeria. If he is a Nigerian, then the only Americans would be the few surviving native Americans. Every other person would have a heritage to latch on to. Obama would be Kenyan. The Kennedys would be Irish etc etc.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 23, 2013
ony073: . Bros u neva quote one verse 4 bible 2 back ur point oooh. I dey wait jooor.
NUMBERS 1 VS 18 And they assembled all the congregation together on the first day of the second month, and they declared their pedigrees after their families, by the house of their fathers, <<< YOUR HERITAGE, YOUR PEDIGREE AND WHO YOU ARE IS DETERMINED BY THE HOUSE OF YOUR FATHERS grin grin grin grin HOPE THAT IS TO YOUR SATISFACTION SIRE

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 23, 2013
You have said it all.
Nigerians are good people from great nation.
May God bless Nigeria and Nigerians!
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by smoothcrim2014: 6:12pm On May 23, 2013
Rhea: [size=20pt]You are a citizen of where you are born. He is no Nigerian. He is British. He probably has never been to Nigeria. If he is a Nigerian, then the only Americans would be the few surviving native Americans. Every other person would have a heritage to latch on to. Obama would be Kenyan. The Kennedys would be Irish etc etc.[/size]

He is a citizen of Britain but not from a British Ethnic group. All the people from British Ethnic groups are white! He is an Ethnic Yoruba(who live in Nigeria) who has managed to acquire British citizenship by being born in Britain but he is not from any of the British Ethnic groups. Britain is a European country and not a New World country like those in the America's!!

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 6:12pm On May 23, 2013
I love it how Obadiah777 just wacks out a bible verse ! grin grin grin

Obadiah do ya thang !!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

DSS Is Done With Screening Of President Buhari’s Ministers - Daily Post / PDP Women Lying By The Roadside In Uyo After Their Rally (Photos) / Photo Of Oba Of Lagos, Bola Tinubu, Fashola, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.