Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? (33585 Views)

Man Commits Suicide For Being Labelled A Wizard / Has There Been Any Nigerian Politician Who Has Never Been Labelled A 'thief'? / Michael Adeboloja 'Mujahid' - One Of Woolwich Attackers Is A British-Nigerian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by gratiaeo(m): 7:53pm On May 23, 2013
Babafad: The Brits are idiots, and this is why they will continue to struggle with issues like this.

When all those Anglo Nigerians won medals during last year's Olympics for the UK, there was no mention of or reference to the athletes Nigerian heritage. Now this terrible incident has happened and all of a sudden, we hear about UK born Nigerians!

We have cretins like Bimbo Roberts Folayan (head of CANUK - Central Association of Nigerians in the UK), who is only good at attending functions at the Nigerian High Commission and posing for photographs with visiting FG personnel. What has he done/said about this, with a view to disassociating Nigerians from this backhand from the UK media?? The bobo is an absolute idiot.

BIMBO ROBERTS FOLAYAN

The Nigerian High Commission in the UK what have they done?? Muslim orgs have come out in force to disassociate themselves from what happened, but our guys have kept their heads down.......shame on them.
LOL on "Muslim orgs disassociate themselves" disassociating themselves on what?
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by ogeelove(f): 7:54pm On May 23, 2013
eldoc2003:

Do you know being born in UK does not make u an automatic UK citizen,until u get to a certain age, d guy has Nigerian blood jare

If one parent has British citizenship then at birth he is automatically British. If he was born in the UK to immigrants who have no British citizenship then he becomes British at age 10 irrespective of the parents legal status. If he wasn't born in the UK but as a child has spent 10 years in the country then he becomes a British citizen.
He has Nigerian blood running in his veins but his orientation most likely is not nigerian

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by smoothcrim2014: 7:56pm On May 23, 2013
ogeelove:

If one parent has British citizenship then at birth he is automatically British. If he was born in the UK to immigrants who have no British citizenship then he becomes British at age 10 irrespective of the parents legal status. If he wasn't born in the UK but as a child has spent 10 years in the country then he becomes a British citizen.
He has Nigerian blood running in his veins but his orientation most likely is not nigerian

What about Boko Haram? The have a similar orientation.

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by ogeelove(f): 7:57pm On May 23, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

GOD abeg o. grin
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Kajina: 7:58pm On May 23, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

Good question grin grin grin cheesy
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Eazeee(m): 7:58pm On May 23, 2013
Stop all dis ur Nigerian stupidity pls. Y is Obama still linked 2yKenya? According 2 all ur theory here its only when they do evil that they are attached 2 Africa. Dat guy is a bloody British Nigerian Islamic Terrorist
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by danjohn: 7:58pm On May 23, 2013
obadiah777: BUT HE IS A NIGERIAN. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. YOU ARE YOUR HERITAGE. IF I PLANT AN APPLE SEED IN CHINA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. IF I PLANT THE SAME APPLE SEED IN NIGERIA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. THATS A PREPOSTEROUS CARNAL AND SHALLOW ASSERTION. WE ALL HAVE LINEAGES. JUST CUZ A CHINESE MAN IS BORN IN NIGERIA DOES NOT MEAN HE IS NIGERIAN

I once met a white girl who was born in Kogi state who is more Nigerian than me. Her pidgin is fluent and everything about her is Nigerian except the color of her skin. I consider her more Nigerian than a kid born and raised in America with Nigerian parents.

I have also met a white man in Lagos who was born and raised in Nigeria, speaks Yoruba and pidgin fluently and married to a Nigerian woman etc. This man is more Yoruba than many Yoruba kids in Victoria Island and Lekki.

2 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 7:58pm On May 23, 2013
obadiah777: BUT HE IS A NIGERIAN. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. YOU ARE YOUR HERITAGE. IF I PLANT AN APPLE SEED IN CHINA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. IF I PLANT THE SAME APPLE SEED IN NIGERIA WHAT WILL COME OUT ? AN APPLE. YOU ARE NOT WHERE YOU ARE BORN. THATS A PREPOSTEROUS CARNAL AND SHALLOW ASSERTION. WE ALL HAVE LINEAGES. JUST CUZ A CHINESE MAN IS BORN IN NIGERIA DOES NOT MEAN HE IS NIGERIAN
u must b very stu.pid! he is not a Nigerian period.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by me1234: 8:01pm On May 23, 2013
na wa for naija o. we don disowned am already even when the fact are not out. if his name na uche or obinna etc we for done quickly say these Nigerians who bring disgrace to us....blablabla but since his name na adeboloja or whatever he is now British born and bread. hmmmmmmmm.i hail o. in my opinion this guy is a Nigerian and his act should be condemned in all totality.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Konjour(m): 8:01pm On May 23, 2013
The said attacker is a British-Nigerian,or I'm to quote the census forms I filled in glasgow a couple of years ago,A Black brit. He's a Briton with Nigerian roots. I would have said it was ok if his roots would be summarily exhumed by the press especially as its someone whose only symbol of African-ness is his colour and name,but already the English,not British press in this instance has a way of hitch-hiking blame with roots,rather than blame with personality. Already (as expected though) news articles,columns have been re-written sensitizing the English public on Boko Haram,not because of Boko Haram's acts,but because they suspect Boko Haram has influenced an English terrorist who claims to be agitated about the presence of English soldiers in Afghanistan. These articles don't even link the said guy with veiled islamic terrorist groups operating within the UK itself. It reeks of press blood-hounding. This doesn't even apply to Nigerians alone,but seemingly anyone who's not of traditional,pure English origins. Like someone said,Andy murray gets the Brit tag pronounced after a win,but after a twisting by Djokovic or so,the Brit light gets dimmed,and the 'Scot player/Glaswegian' goes into overdrive mode. To put this English press bia stuff into perspective,Victor Moses was being championed as a pure English lad in some papers prior to him picking Nigeria,and lots of loophole-sniffing was carried out on Bale to see if he would agree to play for England (at age 22) simply cuz his Great-grandma was half-English. I'm not against the English press and England wanting what is best for themselves,but you've got to accept the good,bad,and ugly colts that are produced from within your stables and not always speculate that the bulk of your internal problems are from external sources.

3 Likes

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by ogeelove(f): 8:03pm On May 23, 2013
Rod Pascololo:
U can rant all u want, dat animal is a phucking nigerian.

Hoy, I am not ranting. Can we mind our language pls? It is what it is. Shalom.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Chinom(m): 8:04pm On May 23, 2013

You are very correct. Your analysis with an "apple" is okay but does not bring the message home to all those Nigerians and other Africans who are quick to claim being British or American.
This brings it home : An African Elephant is a specie of Elephants quite distinct from an Indian Elephant. An African Elephant BORN in a London zoo or in a zoo in NYC will always be an African elephant. It can never be refered to as an African-american Elephant. The SPECIE never changes. The genetic make-up will always be the same,
So this crazy guy is a Nigerian. His parents failed us as Nigerians.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by UyiIredia(m): 8:15pm On May 23, 2013
Okay. He's a British Nigerian. Just add that he was born in the UK and never been to Nigeria his whole life.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by fili24: 8:26pm On May 23, 2013
Now BBC have confirmed he's British! but with Nigerian origin
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 8:26pm On May 23, 2013
"If my theory of relativity is proven successful, Germany will claim me as a German and France will declare that I am a citizen of the world. Should my theory prove untrue, France will say that I am a German and Germany will declare that I am a Jew grin grin grin". ------- Albert Einstein

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by dailywealth1967: 8:27pm On May 23, 2013
ARABS HATE NIGERIANS AND OUR COUNTRY NIGERIA WITH A SPECIAL PASSION.THEY FINANCE & TRAIN BRAIN-WASHED TERRORISTS TO INFLICT HAVOC WITH PAINS ON PEACE LOVING NIGERIANS.THEY KNOW THEY HAVE ALREADY LOST THE WAR BY THE SPECIAL GRACE OF GOD.NIGERIA HAD NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH BRITAIN FOR LAST 20YEARS.ARABS DECIDED TO BRAIN WASH & DECEIVE AN INNOCENT YOUTH IN THE NAME OF ISLAMIC JIHAD TO SLAUGHTER A HUMAN BEING & SEEKING FOR EVIL PUBLICITY BY TELECASTING IT.I WANT TO ASK,WHAT IS NIGERIA GAINING FROM HAVING RELATIONSHIPS WITH ARABS?WHAT HAVE WE GAINED FROM THEM?

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by smoothcrim2014: 8:28pm On May 23, 2013
fili24: Now BBC have confirmed he's British! but with Nigerian origin

Which is the truth!!
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by erico2k2(m): 8:36pm On May 23, 2013
Thats rubish, cos in NIgeria, That will never happen
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by smoothcrim2014: 8:37pm On May 23, 2013
dailywealth1967: ARABS HATE NIGERIANS AND OUR COUNTRY NIGERIA WITH A SPECIAL PASSION.THEY FINANCE & TRAIN BRAIN-WASHED TERRORISTS TO INFLICT HAVOC WITH PAINS ON PEACE LOVING NIGERIANS.THEY KNOW THEY HAVE ALREADY LOST THE WAR BY THE SPECIAL GRACE OF GOD.NIGERIA HAD NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH BRITAIN FOR LAST 20YEARS.ARABS DECIDED TO BRAIN WASH & DECEIVE AN INNOCENT YOUTH IN THE NAME OF ISLAMIC JIHAD TO SLAUGHTER A HUMAN BEING & SEEKING FOR EVIL PUBLICITY BY TELECASTING IT.I WANT TO ASK,WHAT IS NIGERIA GAINING FROM HAVING RELATIONSHIPS WITH ARABS?WHAT HAVE WE GAINED FROM THEM?

Why blame the Arabs. This is a 28 year old man. Once one passes 18 they are an adult!! To Blame the Arabs is joke. Arab is an Ethnic group and if anything he would have been convinced by Pakistanis who are not Arabs.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by erico2k2(m): 8:38pm On May 23, 2013
Chinom:

You are very correct. Your analysis with an "apple" is okay but does not bring the message home to all those Nigerians and other Africans who are quick to claim being British or American.
This brings it home : An African Elephant is a specie of Elephants quite distinct from an Indian Elephant. An African Elephant BORN in a London zoo or in a zoo in NYC will always be an African elephant. It can never be refered to as an African-american Elephant. The SPECIE never changes. The genetic make-up will always be the same,
So this crazy guy is a Nigerian. His parents failed us as Nigerians.
I get that logic but come to think of it, if there was a little bird y singing in his ear that he was going to be hanged or face firing squad he would have thought twice before doing what he did in broad daylight
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Chinom(m): 8:40pm On May 23, 2013
fili24: Now BBC have confirmed he's British! but with Nigerian origin

That's exactly what we are saying. Don't forget that not all British NIgerians were born in the UK. Many got their citizenships at over 18 years of age. Some even became British in their 30s. So that Nigeria aspect cannot be ignored,nor taken lightly.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by banshymmex: 8:47pm On May 23, 2013
This is the reason why Nigeria is being mentioned:

In Nigeria, Monica Mark has been investigating links between the suspects and Nigeria, and has spoken to a senior security source who said the country would cooperate with the British government.

The security source in Nigeria's capital, Abuja, said:

We know they're [both] of Nigerian descent, but they were not raised here. We are expecting more details to come from our counterparts in the UK in the next few hours. If [the UK] deem it necessary, they will make a formal request for our assistance in investigations and we will cooperate with them.

Monica adds:

In 2009, Nigerian Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, dubbed the "pants bomber," tried to blow up a Detroit-bound airline by detonating explosives packed in his underpants. The son of a well-known multi-millionaire banker, he became radicalised after attending al-Qaida training camps in Yemen.

Also:

She said that Adebolajo's mother was strict and a regular churchgoer who dressed in traditional west African clothes most Sundays. “They were strong on their beliefs," said Louise.

She said that as he headed into his final years at Marshalls Park school and then nearby Havering sixth form, Adebolajo became involved with a criminal Nigerian gang from outside the school:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/may/23/woolwich-latest-developments-live

^^^^^The "criminal Nigerian gang" that was alluded to in that excerpt is a gang created by Nigerians born in Nigeria, who came here in their teens. The gang is called: T-Block. No matter how you look at it, his life changed when he started mingling with Nigerian criminals.
Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by banshymmex: 8:51pm On May 23, 2013
smoothcrim2014: Nigerians running for the last piece of goat meat.

He surely looks more like these guys than these guys:

Chale, but the guy looks Ghanaian. grin

Are you sure his parents aren't a product of "Ghana Must Go" and change of name?

1 Like

Re: British-born Michael Adeboloja Labelled A Nigerian: Why? by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 23, 2013
Rod Pascololo:
U r not making an iota of sense, dat white girl is not a nigerian. She was unfortunately born in dat hell hole.

grin grin grin grin LMAO !!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

PDP Women Lying By The Roadside In Uyo After Their Rally (Photos) / DSS Is Done With Screening Of President Buhari’s Ministers - Daily Post / Photo Of Oba Of Lagos, Bola Tinubu, Fashola, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.