Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,280 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island (39524 Views)

Igwuruta-Road In Port-Harcourt Blocked During Funeral (pics) / Man Spotted Lying On The Ground In Victoria-Island Lagos (Photos) / Keke NAPEP Driving On Pedestrain Bridge In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by Tobiegal(f): 8:51pm On May 23, 2013
Guys, they are no couple as the OP claims.

The guy is a driver and the woman is his boss, and they are both staffs of one of the Banks within the axis.

No one knows what really happened, but they have both been revived and are responding to treatment.
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 23, 2013
Tobiegal: Guys, they are no couple as the OPEN claims.

The guy is a driver and the woman is his boss, and they are both staffs of one of the Banks within the axis.

No one knows what really happened, but they have both been revived and are responding to treatment.

Can't you see with the many assumptions here on NL,no body cares to know.Them dey wait for headlines like this "A man and a woman found dead in their car along..." and then u will see dem singing "eeww","RIP to the dead",God knows best" and all those pitiful trash!!
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by spikesC(m): 8:58pm On May 23, 2013
Tobiegal: Guys, they are no couple as the OPEN claims.

Na so grin
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by meine: 9:00pm On May 23, 2013
Brilliance9000: Three likely scenarios

1. Drugged by someone
2. Under influence of some drug; self induced
3. Nigerian food. Yes, some Nigerian food are invariably HEAVY. Especially if you are coming from Diaspora and not used to them. On a personal account, I slept off right there, 15 minutes after eating pounded yam and egusi soup. I felt very weak as though my body was paralyzed; couldn't move, just felt like sleeping. Ended up sleeping and waking up 4 hrs later. Woke up fine and okay. Now, only indulge a little of this heavy food. Want to know why most Nigerian men and women have pot belly? Answer: Heavy food.

@Your 3rd point, obviously you are obodo oyinbo wannabe. You could have said you took too much Pounded yam and that will sit well with me but making it look like pounded yam is the problem here sounds funny. Even in the remote las vegas,Nevada we still look for african stores to buy iyan ingredients and cook correct egusi. sit down there o. I dont understand why Africans don't celebrate their things?

2 Likes

Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by Tobiegal(f): 9:02pm On May 23, 2013
Tobiegal: Guys, they are no couple as the OP claims.

Then they didn't actually sleep off, they slumped.

1 Like

Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:02pm On May 23, 2013
okpara ugo: It happens every now and then, nah God dey save your usual long distance drivers.

Ask drivers, everyone of them sleeps on the steering... I dont know how. God does...

Men, ignorance isn't a good thing; it kills faster than any other disease known.

I told my dad about this post and he told me of an incident that happened to three men who were driven by a driver in a car coming from Benin to Lagos in the early 2000s.

He said they had the AC on as they were driving(long distance). When the driver got to Ore, he wanted to answer the call of nature and also inform the rest if they were interested. By then it was too late because the men were also foaming in their mouth.

He said he won't advised anyone to use AC when travelling long distance. If at all you want to use, be awake and active. If any passenger wants to sleep, let the AC be put off.

Carbon monoxide is an odourless and poisonous gas, which is inhaled when the AC is on. It prevents oxygen from being circulated around the body and once that happen, life is lost!

So my peeps, if you wanna travel, please don't use the AC. If at all you want to use, stay awake!

4 Likes

Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 23, 2013
meine:

@Your 3rd point, obviously you are obodo oyinbo wannabe. You could have said you took too much Pounded yam and that will sit well with me but making it look like pounded yam is the problem here sounds funny. Even in the remote las vegas,Nevada we still look for african stores to buy iyan ingredients and cook correct egusi. sit down there o. I dont understand why Africans don't celebrate their things?

You dey mind that potatoe pie? grin sad angry

1 Like

Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:08pm On May 23, 2013
dvdon: The couple should br recommended for safe use of the road. To me, it was wise of them to park for a nap than causing an accident while sleep-driving. Who knows, maybe the man felt sleepy, and since his woman probably can't drive, she shared in the nap. #love#

I'm guessing they were driving and got tired on wheels. They didn't want to risk it so the driver decided to park so they could sleep while the AC was on.

Like I said before, carbon monoxide is one of the gases release by the AC of a car. So while sleeping, they were inhaling it and thus the gas was wreaking havoc in their bodies causing them to be unconscious.

If they aren't revived on time, I say GOD to the otherwise!
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by philogos4: 9:11pm On May 23, 2013
What might be the cause. It might be Qualf or Home trouble.
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by gibelu77: 9:26pm On May 23, 2013
The stress Lagotians go through on a daily basis in trying to make ends meet is enough to occasion such embarrassment. Personally, I leave my apartment before 5am daily or else my day would be ruined. My advise is simple; "early to bed, early to rise, makes a Lagotian early to work and not to sleep while driving!" grin

2 Likes

Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by bigboss80s(m): 9:46pm On May 23, 2013
Jakumo: Carbon-monoxide poisoning from a silencer leak in their car, especially while stuck in traffic, would indeed put all occupants into a deep slumber that could lead to a comatose state, followed by death, if they are not removed from the source of the exhaust leak and given oxygen quickly.
The only person who seems to know wha he's talking about. This is a clear case of carbon monoxide poisoning. These guys shud have been rushed 2 the ER immediately instead of being stared at cluelessly.
Secondly if u look closely at d first pic, the people aren't looking at d prado, they r looking past it.
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 23, 2013
Carbon monoxide poisoning! They are NOT sleeping, they are lucky if alive.
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by skyfall: 9:53pm On May 23, 2013
Find Out!:
Hmmm...... Is this for real?

Both pics posted are of different cars. First pic is obviously a Landcruiser Prado while second pic looks very much like a Honda Accord 06-07 (discussion continues). Care to tell us which of the cars the couple is actually sleeping in?

First pic, the sleeping couple is on the right-hand side of the pic, out of view. See where the right-hand crowd is facing tongue
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by Bantino(m): 9:59pm On May 23, 2013
Jakumo: Carbon-monoxide poisoning from a silencer leak in their car, especially while stuck in traffic, would indeed put all occupants into a deep slumber that could lead to a comatose state, followed by death, if they are not removed from the source of the exhaust leak and given oxygen quickly.

You're very correct!!! "One million ways to die"
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by chetaraph(m): 10:00pm On May 23, 2013
Find Out!:

Both pics posted are of different cars. First pic is obviously a Landcruiser Prado while second pic looks very much like a Honda Accord 06-07 (discussion continues). Care to tell us which of the cars the couple is actually sleeping in?
nice observation.
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by tdie: 10:03pm On May 23, 2013
Could possibly be an exhaust pipe leak into the car.
This would spew Carbon monoxide into the cabin which can very quickly make someone unconscious-especially if the windows are wound up and the Ac is on 'recirculate'
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by delpee(f): 10:09pm On May 23, 2013
This couple needs help badly. So strange yet people can only stand by and watch! Na wa for us in Naija.
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by Kpimp: 10:21pm On May 23, 2013

Love ur reply.u ave a gud sense of understanding d situation not like some pple that just post for posting sake.
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by Kpimp: 10:22pm On May 23, 2013

Love ur reply.u ave a gud sense of understanding d situation not like some pple that just post for posting sake.
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by bigx(m): 10:23pm On May 23, 2013
Have they woken up?
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by Nobody: 10:25pm On May 23, 2013
Find Out!:

your correct and moreover people are looking @the right direction
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by cvibe2: 10:29pm On May 23, 2013
It appears the couple may have been asphyxiated from carbon monoxide fumes which may have leaked into the car from the exhaust.
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by Godson201333(m): 10:30pm On May 23, 2013
Did anybody noticed that the 2 cars are not thesame?@OP who is fooling who? cool
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by duro: 10:41pm On May 23, 2013
This one na testimony for church for the family on sunday oo. Pastor sef go get hin own for this kine deliverance
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by FindOut(m): 10:49pm On May 23, 2013
ajadudu: The SUV was driving by, you can see people are NOT looking at the SUV but at another direction. The direction they are looking at is where the car must be located.

Yeah, You are right. Noticed that upon closer look at the pics after i had posted my comment
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by FindOut(m): 11:01pm On May 23, 2013
glimpse:

The first car is the OP's car and he wants you to see it that was why he added it to the post. tongue grin

Lol. He should have labelled it ''My 'Jeep' '' in the pic then grin
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by tainot2002(m): 11:21pm On May 23, 2013
ajadudu: The SUV was driving by, you can see people are NOT looking at the SUV but at another direction. The direction they are looking at is where the car must be located.

My thought exactly.if u closely looked at the first pix the attention wasn't on the SUV but on the second car which wasn't. capture in full.
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by Dermie: 12:19am On May 24, 2013
perhaps, the wife released an unhealthy gas. grin

2 Likes

Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by biolabee(m): 1:09am On May 24, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

Men, ignorance isn't a good thing; it kills faster than any other disease known.

I told my dad about this post and he told me of an incident that happened to three men who were driven by a driver in a car coming from Benin to Lagos in the early 2000s.

He said they had the AC on as they were driving(long distance). When the driver got to Ore, he wanted to answer the call of nature and also inform the rest if they were interested. By then it was too late because the men were also foaming in their mouth.

He said he won't advised anyone to use AC when travelling long distance. If at all you want to use, be awake and active. If any passenger wants to sleep, let the AC be put off.

Carbon monoxide is an odourless and poisonous gas, which is inhaled when the AC is on. It prevents oxygen from being circulated around the body and once that happen, life is lost!

So my peeps, if you wanna travel, please don't use the AC. If at all you want to use, stay awake!

sorry oooo/// but what is the correlation between the AC and Carbon monoxide
Are you aware the air stream used to cool the car space comes from the atmosphere?

1 Like

Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by ifihear(m): 1:20am On May 24, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

I totally DISAGREE with you on this logic. I am resident in Kaduna and I have on many occasions driven all the way from Kaduna to Lagos and back with the AC pumping all through the journey.
Most times if my brother or my pal is with me on the journey,we take turns to sleep while the other drives,and all these with the AC on,so I see no correlation with AC and emmission of CO2. A leaky exhaust feeding CO2 into the vehicle cannot be overwritten though but the AC?? Naaaaa

1 Like

Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by pekelepekele(m): 2:34am On May 24, 2013

Are you very close to patrick obahiagbon.? Abi which one be comatose or tomatoes ? grin
Re: Couple Sleep-Off While Driving On Eko Hotel Road In Victoria Island by lordimpaq(m): 4:19am On May 24, 2013
Its really amazing when people do not actually know what happened and the thread is filled with assumptions about the situation and no one even cares to find out the true story.

firstly, they are not actual couples, the male is a driver while the female is his boss as she is a zonal executive of a bank on Adetokunbo Ademola as depicted on the lady's lapel

secondly, the couple did not sleep off, they slumped and had to be resuscitated.

the story according to the drivers of that bank is that they were coming from the house of the friend of the female, what transpired in there we do not know.

Both are now awake but have not spoken a word as at last night, all indications point to them being drugged or some form of drugging...well we would see how it unfolds...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Couple Going Home From Work Die In Fatal Accident In Ekiti State. Graphic Photos / 24 Ways To Be Successful In Life / Policeman Spotted At The Back Of Danfo In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.