Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Prayer Of The Day - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayer Of The Day (2905 Views)

Who Recorded The Prayer Of Jesus About Letting His Cup Pass Him? / Wonderful Prayer Of Total Self Deliverance That Really Works / A Prayer Of Intercession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 1:29pm On Apr 26, 2008
Prayer for Calm and Comfort

With your soothing fingers,
wipe away the lines that worries have etched on our faces.
Surround us with calm,
let us rest in the glow of peace,
as if we were encircled with the Moon's own light.
Let our concerns and tensions drain away from us,
pouring as water into your Earth.

- Ceisiwr Serith
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 2:29pm On Apr 27, 2008
Thy Word for a Light

Lord, thou hast given us thy Word for a light to shine upon our path;
grant us so to meditate on that Word, and to follow its teaching,
that we may find in it the light that shines more and more until the perfect day;
through Jesus Christ our Lord.

- Jerome (c. 342-420)
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 2:39am On Apr 29, 2008
Prayer for the Homeless

O God, as Naomi and Ruth journeyed from one land to another seeking a home, we ask your blessing upon all who are homeless in this world. You promised to your chosen people a land flowing with milk and honey; so inspire us to desire the accomplishment of your will that we may work for the settlement of those who are homeless in a place of peace, protection, and nurture, flowing with opportunity, blessing, and hope. Amen.

- Vienna Cobb Anderson
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 1:41am On Apr 30, 2008
A Prayer of Gratitude

Father, into thy hands I give the heart
Which left thee but to learn how good thou art.

- George Macdonald
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 2:55am On May 01, 2008
The Fruits of the Earth

For seasonable weather, and for an abundance of the fruits of the earth, let us pray to the Lord. Lord, have mercy.

source: Book of Common Prayer 1979
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 10:49am On May 02, 2008
Praise God

Praise the Lord! Praise God in His sanctuary; Praise Him in His mighty firmament!

Praise Him for His mighty acts; Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!

Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet; Praise Him with the lute and harp!

Praise Him with the timbrel and dance; Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes!

Praise Him with loud cymbals; Praise Him with clashing cymbals!

Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord!

- Psalms 150: 1-6
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 7:55pm On May 03, 2008
Prayer for Those Murdered

O God, we pray for those who have been murdered on the streets of our city. We commit to your loving care those who have died, beseeching you to receive their souls into the mercy of your love. Comfort their loved ones who mourn. Enable them to meet the lonely and painful days ahead in the strength of your love. Let the love that you have made known to us lead us to create safer streets for all to walk upon. Amen.

- Vienna Cobb Anderson
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 3:54am On May 06, 2008
Prayer for Peace

God adjudges us according to our deeds, not the coat that we wear: that Truth is above everything, but higher still is truthful living. Know that we attaineth God when we loveth, and only that victory endures in consequence of which no one is defeated.

Sikh
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 10:36am On May 07, 2008
Prayer for Wise Governance

Heavenly Father, we give thanks for the democracy alive in our country and for the freedom to worship You. Help the elected government and all in positions of power and authority to govern wisely and for the common good of all. Amen.

- Harvey Barnes
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 10:37am On May 07, 2008
Prayer for Friendship

You have blessed us, O God,
with the gift of friendship,
the bonding of persons
in a circle of love.
We thank you for such a blessing:
for friends who love us,
who share our sorrows,
who laugh with us in celebration,
who bear our pain,
who need us as we need them,
who weep as we weep,
who hold us when words fail,
and who give us the freedom
to be ourselves.
Bless our friends with health,
wholeness, life, and love.
Amen.

- Vienna Cobb Anderson
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 11:12am On May 09, 2008
Put on the Whole Armor of God

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his power. Put on the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

For our struggle is not against enemies of blood and flesh, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

Therefore take up the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to withstand on that evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm.

Stand therefore, and fasten the belt of truth around your waist, and put on the breastplate of righteousness. As shoes for your feet put on whatever will make you ready to proclaim the gospel of peace. With all of these, take the shield of faith, with which you will be able to quench all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

- Ephesians 6: 10-17
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 3:44am On May 11, 2008
Prayer Before Eating

Before we eat,
We turn our attention
To the bounty before us;
We are truly thankful for this meal
And for the richness of our lives.
May this food nourish our bodies,
And the company of those we love
Nourish our spirits.

Amen.
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 3:40am On May 13, 2008
Prayer for One Who Contemplates Suicide

O God of eternal life,
bless all who contemplate
taking their own life.
Grant them peace
from the internal fears and doubts,
from the turmoil of failures,
from the pain and suffering
in their souls.
Endow them with hope
for the days ahead,
courage to make new beginnings,
and love to strengthen
their resolve to live.
Amen.

- Vienna Cobb Anderson
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 4:17am On May 16, 2008
Prayer for Those With Cancer

Bless, O God,
all who struggle with cancer.
Empower them with hope
for each and every day.
Provide them with loving
and tender care, laughter,
and the support of love.
Grant them
courage when they are afraid,
comfort when they are in pain,
and your blessing
when all else seems hopeless,
that in their fight with illness
they may continue to praise you
and glorify your name.
Amen.

- Vienna Cobb Anderson
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 1:41pm On May 17, 2008
Benediction for a Bride and Groom

May you each bring your best self to the other.
May you each bring intelligence and commitment as well as faith to the task that is set before you.
May you maintain enduring respect and trust.
May your home be a place of peace and joy for you and for all who enter it.
May all who follow your lives with interest and affection have cause often to rejoice, not only in your happiness, but also in your brave and generous living.

- Cynthia Reed, Wedding Celebrant
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 2:58am On May 20, 2008
Prayer for Life's Journey

May we know that it is the journey that is important. May we find our own truths and the divine within ourselves and in doing so help our fellow travelers to find their own. May we see each other through spirit and not through worldly eyes. Namaste

- Beliefnet member DivineJourney
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 2:59am On May 20, 2008
Healing for God's Glory

Father, I'm praying for (name one or more) and others in my circle of family and friends in need of Your healing touch,

For these who are sick, have medical conditions, or have suffered accidents, I ask You to look upon them with Your mercy and compassion. I know our days are numbered and sometimes You have a different plan, but You have taught us that sometimes we don't have what's needed because we haven't asked, and so I ask for healing. May Your Spirit help me when I don't know what to ask, and above all, may Your will be done. (Romans 9:15; Psalm 139:16; James 4:2b; Romans 8:26; Matthew 6:10)

Heal those with the personal faith to be healed, and those whose friends who have the faith to ask on their behalf. (Matthew 9:20–22; 8:5–13)

If any are ill as a consequence of sin, I ask You to be merciful, to forgive and heal—as You healed the paralyzed man whose friends lowered him through the roof. Sometimes sickness or a condition may be caused by an evil spirit; if that is the case, set them free. At times disease comes as discipline; where that is true, I ask that in Your love and mercy, You grant repentance and healing. Sometimes an illness is meant to bring You glory; may it be so for these I'm praying for. (Exodus 15:26; Psalm 25:6; 2 Timothy 2:25; Matthew 17:15–18; Luke 13:11–13; John 11:4)

In Jesus' name, Amen.

- Jim & Kaye Johns
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 4:33am On May 22, 2008
Help Me Avoid Toxic Relationships

Heavenly Father, I sometimes get into relationships
that are not good for me.
Please help me better discern how I relate to
the people in my life
and give me the wisdom to know when a relationship
is not giving you glory and is harmful to me.
Bring me courage to avoid toxic relationships
and help nurture what is good and just in all things.

- Maureen Pratt
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Trendiest(f): 6:08am On May 23, 2008
Help Me Avoid Toxic Relationships too

Heavenly Father, I sometimes get into relationships
that are not good for me.
Please help me better discern how I relate to
the people in my life
and give me the wisdom to know when a relationship
is not giving you glory and is harmful to me.
Bring me courage to avoid toxic relationships
and help nurture what is good and just in all things

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 11:03am On May 23, 2008
Praise God

Hallelujah. Praise God in His sanctuary; praise Him in the firmament of His power.

Praise Him for His mighty acts; praise Him according to His abundant greatness.

Praise Him with the blast of the horn; praise Him with the psaltery and harp.

Praise Him with the timbrel and dance; praise Him with stringed instruments and the pipe.

Praise Him with the loud-sounding cymbals; praise Him with the clanging cymbals.

Let every thing that hath breath praise HaShem. Hallelujah.

- Psalms 150: 1-6
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 1:44am On May 27, 2008
The Special Forces Prayer

Almighty God Who art the Author of Liberty
and the Champion of the oppressed
hear our prayer.
We the men of Special Forces,
acknowledge our dependence upon Thee
in the preservation of human freedom.
Go with us as we seek to defend the defenseless
and to free the enslaved.
May we ever remember that our nation,
whose motto is "In God We Trust,"
expects that we shall acquit ourselves with honor,
that we may never bring shame upon our faith,
our families, or our fellow men.
Grant us wisdom from Thy mind,
courage from Thine heart,
strength from Thine arm,
and protection by Thine hand.
It is for Thee that we do battle,
and to Thee belongs the victor's crown.
For Thine is the kingdom,
and the power and glory forever,
Amen!

- Chaplain John Stevey
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Revive(f): 9:33am On May 27, 2008
Salvation Prayer.

Lord God I pray that more and more and more souls will repent and that those under demonic boundage/captivity of any sort will be set free by your Power in Christ Jesus name- Amen.

--- Part of my today's prayers.
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 11:07am On May 29, 2008
The Blessing of Unanswered Prayers

I asked for strength that I might achieve;
I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.
I asked for health that I might do greater things;
I was given infirmity that I might do better things.
I asked for riches that I might be happy;
I was given poverty that I might be wise.
I asked for power that I might have the praise of men;
I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.
I asked for all things that I might enjoy life;
I was given life that I might enjoy all things.
I got nothing that I had asked for,
but eveything that I had hoped for.
Almost despite myself my unspoken prayers were answered;
I am, among all men, most richly blessed.

- Unknown Confederate soldier
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 1:42am On May 31, 2008
Bedtime Prayer

In Thy name, Lord, I lay me down and
in Thy name will I rise up,

O God,
Thou art the first and before Thee there is nothing;
Thou art the last and after Thee there is nothing;

Thou art the outmost and above Thee there is nothing;
Thou art the inmost and below Thee there is nothing,

Waken me, O God, in the hour most pleasing to Thee
and use me in the works most pleasing to Thee,
that Thou mayest bring me ever nearer to Thyself.

- Attributed to Al-Ghazali
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 2:58am On Jun 03, 2008
Prayer for Creative Work
O most Glorious and Blessed God, I present myself and this work into Your hands. Do with it as You will. Guide my thoughts. Hold my hands, that You alone are writing (painting, carving) through me, producing whatever You wish me to say. And now, O my Beloved and my Joy, I prostrate myself into Your most loving embrace in thanks that You give me talent, inspiration, discipline to do Your work. Amen. So be it.

- Sophy Burnham
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 3:07am On Jun 08, 2008
Prayer for a Safe Pregnancy

This life you have given us
is so tiny, fragile, and vulnerable,
safe in the womb of flesh and hope,
yet subject to danger and death.
O God of love, creator of life,
hear our prayer.
We want this baby so much.
Please grant this child of ours
a full term of nurture,
the joy and mystery of life,
and the blessing of your love.
Grant us the fulfillment of our dreams,
a baby to cherish and protect,
a child to teach and guide,
a blessing to our family.
Amen.

- Vienna Cobb Anderson
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 1:36am On Jun 16, 2008
A Father's Prayer

This is the best dowry of hopes, wishes and prayers I would be able to offer:

May God give you the grace of wit and wisdom to understand that rainbows are only the result of showers, dust, and hope.

May you always have joy in the morning and trust in the evening and may your sorrows be short and without scars.

May your lives have a spirit neither bent by belligerence nor broken by failure; may you simply love each other.

May you share with each other spring flowers, dirty dishes, music, rain, death, mushrooms, a measure of boredom, strawberries, and God.

May that God never make you immune to the wonderful afflictions of real love, making you instead farsighted to each other's faults, tongue-tied to criticism, and short of memory to petty hurts and slights.

May God provide the confidence and serenity that comes only from the assurance of each other's fidelity and the tolerance, as years go by, of wrinkles and gray hairs, short tempers, curlers, and Monday mornings.

May no one steal from you laughter at the top of the stairs or giggles and whispers in a dark room.

May you keep a hunger for each other, the appetite to taste tomorrow, and deep knowledge of and devotion to your past, heritage and families.

May you perpetuate trust, the radiation of vitality, kind answers to sharp questions and sharp humor to unkind attitudes.

May your fights be fierce and short, and may each truce be warm and long and held in each other's arms before the sun comes up.

May you walk with wise men, sing loud songs at late hours, share secrets, have healthy children, and provide smiles for lonesome strangers and prayers for those without hope.

May you never forget small things; smiles, birthdays, holding hands, family, old friends, the neglected, and the simplicity of saying please and thank you.

May you keep a warm, generous, and happy house where love is the insulation and God is present. May your children be friends of God's child, Jesus.

May your union bring a smile to the face of the Holy Spirit and may he live in your pots and pans, in your hope and aspirations.

- Author Unknown
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Gabry(f): 7:18am On Jun 16, 2008
I have one smiley

Angels of God My Guardian Dear,
To Whom His Love Commits Me Here,
Ever this day be at my side,
To light and guard to rule and guide,
From sinfull stain oh Kepp me free,
And at deaths hour my Helper be
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 10:06am On Jun 18, 2008
Prayer for a Sick Brother

O Lord, holy Father, creator of the universe, author of its laws, you can bring the dead back to life, and heal those who are sick. We pray for our sick brother that he may feel your hand upon him, renewing his body and refreshing his soul. Show to him the affection in which you hold all your creatures.

- Dimma, a seventh century Irish monk
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 3:26am On Jun 19, 2008
Today, Creator, strengthen my will to forgive anyone who has hurt me, even if I believe the offense is unforgivable. I know that forgiveness is an act of self-love. Help me to love myself so much that I forgive every offense. Let me choose forgiveness because I don’t want to suffer every time I remember the offense.
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 5:04am On Jun 26, 2008
Prayer for Renewal
Hide Your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Do not cast me away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and uphold me by Your generous Spirit.

- Psalms 51: 9-12
Re: Prayer Of The Day by Cayon(f): 1:32pm On Jun 29, 2008
Please Forgive Me
Dear Father God,
I know that I've done wrong through my thoughts, my actions, and the things that I've said, sometimes by mistake and sometimes on purpose. I have gone my own way and not put you at the center of my life. I am very sorry and ask that you please forgive me. I thank you that I can ask you this because I truly believe that your Son, Jesus, died in my place and, through Him, I have access to you. Please help me to follow you more closely every day and live a life which gives glory back to you. I pray this in Jesus' name.
Amen.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: 'thighing' In Islam. / When Will The Jews Accept Jesus? / City Of Glory Redemtion Ministries Senior Pastor Apostle Esosa Emuze Dead!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.