Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,887 members, 7,802,860 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? (32079 Views)

"76" Movie: Rita Dominic,Ramsey Nouah, Ibinabo Fiberesima, Chidi Mokeme Staring / Comedian Ay's Movie 30 Days In Atlanta Makes 76 Million Naira In 7 Weeks!! / Best Nigerian Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by VillageBoi(m): 12:36am On May 24, 2013
Who badly wants to see this? Feel free to discuss here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QXbHFmc09Y

10 Likes

Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by VillageBoi(m): 12:46am On May 24, 2013

1 Like

Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by prof800(m): 12:50am On May 24, 2013
i've not seen this before?
i just heard of the movie today from a guy called speedy.
ok i'll watch out for this too..
Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by VillageBoi(m): 12:54am On May 24, 2013
prof800: i've not seen this before?
i just heard of the movie today from a guy called speedy.
ok i'll watch out for this too..

I believe it was shot on 16mm and with a budget of half a million Dollars.
Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by Chynx(m): 1:02am On May 24, 2013
For me, this is a sure watch. Looks different from the norm. Keep it up Nolly.

1 Like

Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by Nobody: 8:13am On May 24, 2013
Best Nigerian film by teaser trailer? The mirror boy trailer gave me higher adrenaline at that time sef. I mean, that's the work of a trailer! Until I watch am, I don't know yet.

But, if dem tie me for ground, I must untie myself to go and see the film grin

3 Likes

Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by Briareos(m): 2:36pm On May 24, 2013
Very nice. Perhaps the best trailer of any Nigerian film. (that I've seen so far)

I hope the movie will live to its trailer expectations. grin

1 Like

Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by prof800(m): 2:58pm On May 24, 2013
Another thing is 'release date'.
Most of our movies don't have release date.
Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by VillageBoi(m): 4:36pm On May 24, 2013
speedyboi: Best Nigerian film by teaser trailer?

No, what I meant was 'Best Nigerian film' by expectation not trailer. I'm expecting it to be... I so hope it doesn't let anyone down. Amazing story subject and so beautifully shot... pls, pls, pls be super awesome!
Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by sholay2011(m): 5:33pm On May 24, 2013
VillageBoi:

No, what I meant was 'Best Nigerian film' by expectation not trailer. I'm expecting it to be... I so hope it doesn't let anyone down. Amazing story subject and so beautifully shot... pls, pls, pls be super awesome!
Same here wink
Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 24, 2013
prof800: Another thing is 'release date'.
Most of our movies don't have release date.

That's due to budget constraints. A typical 'New Nollywood' won't have a release date (those that have may not keep up with it). Probably cos, they don't wanna rush it......And its better that way! until everything is perfect, don't release smiley
Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jun 07, 2013
And I present to you; The sypnosis and the release date smiley

Release Date: 4th October, 2013.

Sypnosis:
'76 explores the experience of the young pregnant wife of a soldier accused of involvement in 1976 military coup and assassination of Gen. Murtala Mohammed. It focuses on the life of an officer who is "Indicted wrongfully" and the story is woven around his wife. It's a story told from a dual point of view -From the soldier's patriotic perspective and from that of the officer's wives.

'76 is directed by Izu Ojukwu and produced by Izu Ojukwu and Adonaija Owiriwa.
Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by prof800(m): 11:23pm On Jun 07, 2013
speedyboi: And I present to you; The sypnosis and the release date smiley

Release Date: 4th October, 2013.
Beautiful.!
Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by sholay2011(m): 11:38pm On Jun 07, 2013
prof800:
Beautiful.!
*yimu* Now you have your gift sir-release date. grin
Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by prof800(m): 11:45pm On Jun 07, 2013
sholay2011:
*yimu* Now you have your gift sir-release date. grin
hahaha...i don laff tire..u catch me baa?
Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by sholay2011(m): 11:49pm On Jun 07, 2013
prof800:
hahaha...i don laff tire..u catch me baa?
wink grin
Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by VillageBoi(m): 8:05am On Jun 08, 2013
speedyboi:
Sypnosis:
'76 explores the experience of the young pregnant wife of a soldier accused of involvement in 1976 military coup and assassination of Gen. Murtala Mohammed. It focuses on the life of an officer who is "Indicted wrongfully" and the story is woven around his wife. It's a story told from a dual point of view -From the soldier's patriotic perspective and from that of the officer's wives.

Interesting! So thats what the 'story' is...
Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by prof800(m): 9:16am On Jun 08, 2013
VillageBoi:

Seems so.
And is it not somewhat similar to 'laviva' also by izu ojukwu starring Hank Anuku. Both are about the untold stories of the nigerian soldier.
Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 09, 2013
VillageBoi:

Lol...I also read it and i was like...'ooooh! smiley'. I had to rewatch the teaser trailer, then i saw the connection.

Na the theatrical trailer i dey wait for as you see me grin grin grin
Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by VillageBoi(m): 12:13am On Jun 11, 2013
I heard somewhere that there was no shooting in the film... if so the 'synopsis' makes a bit more sense as to the timeline. Well, we just have to wait to see.
Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jul 06, 2013
I was watching the 'behind the scenes' picture video on the movie website again, then i spotted arri alexa camera. So i guess the movie was shot with that.
Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by VillageBoi(m): 5:26pm On Jul 06, 2013
speedyboi: I was watching the 'behind the scenes' picture video on the movie website again, then i spotted arri alexa camera. So i guess the movie was shot with that.

No bro it wasn't o! I think an earlier post says it was shot on 16mm (actually super16) and the camera you are looking at is not an Arri Alexa but an Arri 416 Plus - a 16mm camera.

1 Like

Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 06, 2013
VillageBoi:

No bro it wasn't o! I think an earlier post says it was shot on 16mm (actually super16) and the camera you are looking at is not an Arri Alexa but an Arri 416 Plus - a 16mm camera.

ooooo......thanks, i just watched and paused to have a closer look. Na the arri label just flashed by first time grin
Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by VillageBoi(m): 8:43pm On Jul 06, 2013
speedyboi:
ooooo......thanks, i just watched and paused to have a closer look. Na the arri label just flashed by first time grin

No yawa, go to the 'gallery' and look at the pictures. It does confuse many people because of the 'electronic' module. Some just think it must be an Alexa but the 'light panel' on the cam is so, so different from an Alexa and you will also see the 'roundish' thing at the back of it - that's a roll of film.

Make I watch the videos on the website.
Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by VillageBoi(m): 1:01am On Jan 06, 2014
People, they don release this film yet?
Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by semid4lyfe(m): 3:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
Didn't watch this particular trailer so I'm not sure if it's still the same but here's my comments from a previous thread on the first trailer cut. Then it was still titled Lions of 76

https://www.nairaland.com/985613/half-yellow-sun-best-nigerian/5#13108685

semid4lyfe on Nov 25, 2012 at 8:50pm:

WOW! Very impressive trailer.

Costuming on point, location & sceneries looked like it was really in the 70's, the sombre background sound was good too kiss

Even the vehicles and interior decor of the offices, houses, jail etc were reminiscent of the period in which the film was set.

. . .and that scene were soldiers were chasing Ramsey Noah and he was meandering his way through the crowd in the carnival ground was very well done. Good use of extras there.

Still, I can't help but feel the trailer gave too much away. Looking forward to the movie eagerly sha

E be like sey the movie go make sense

1 Like

Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jan 06, 2014
who knows? lets wait and see ratings

1 Like

Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by nnocurruption: 3:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
don't know ask Google

1 Like

Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by SwTonia(f): 3:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by rapcy(m): 3:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
Waiting to c it.
Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by Daziz(m): 3:19pm On Jan 06, 2014
Mumu film wey naija sabi act no b only trailer na train

1 Like

Re: 76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? by AbuMikey(m): 3:20pm On Jan 06, 2014

Wow!

The movie teaser makes me wanna watch the movie now, even though I'm not a nollywood freak.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TTT's Wife And Kids On Their Daughter's Birthday On Saturday (Photos) / Kechi Okwuchi: "It Might Be A Little Unfair If I Win America's Got Talent" / BBNaija: Tobi: "Lolu Is A Dead Man Walking"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.