Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,786 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

Generation 2 Iphone Info: 3g & Gps Rumoured! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Generation 2 Iphone Info: 3g & Gps Rumoured! (988 Views)

Remember This? First generation SIM packs (photo) / Xiaomi Redmi Note 2: iPhone, Samsung and Meizu Killer| Discussion Thread / 2 Iphone 4 16gb For Give Away Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Generation 2 Iphone Info: 3g & Gps Rumoured! by texazzpete(m): 4:45pm On Apr 26, 2008
Engadget Just Got this info from a 'trusted source'

So we've got it on authority that the second-gen iPhone is already well into testing, and numerous units are floating around in super secret pockets. A trusted source got a chance to check one out, here's what we've heard.
The first thing people will notice: the 2nd gen iPhone will be about the same size and shape as the first gen.
It will, of course, have 3G. And proper GPS!
The most noticeable physical difference is back of the phone is no longer metal -- the whole thing is glossy black, from top to bottom. The volume buttons are now chrome.
Because it's got a little less metal to deal with, it doesn't have quite as many angular edges. The battery is (still) not removable.
The phone itself will be slightly thicker than the first gen device.
The headphone jack will no longer be recessed, and will finally be flush with the body.
The device itself uses roughly the same size and resolution screen as the first generation product.
No solid word on battery life or storage capacity.
It could ship (or be introduced) as early as July -- but it's worth noting that none of this is necessarily finalized, and any of it could change between now and its introduction. You really never know with Apple!

http://www.engadget.com/2008/04/25/the-second-gen-iphone-3g-gps-only-slightly-thicker

3G is a no-brainer, but if GPS is actually in the package, that's some good stuff!
Re: Generation 2 Iphone Info: 3g & Gps Rumoured! by funkybaby(f): 5:51pm On Apr 26, 2008
Rumours of 3g and GPS? shocked shocked IN THE SECOND QUARTER OF 2008?

**chuckles** **Kisses and Hugs my N95**

I've had those on my 95 for ages now and i am even bored with it.

Dont you dare come up with that 'abysmal battery life' line-nokia came up with a better and longer lasting battery for the 95 few months ago. grin
Re: Generation 2 Iphone Info: 3g & Gps Rumoured! by funkybaby(f): 5:55pm On Apr 26, 2008
And oh, before i forget- any 'RUMOUR' grin grin on the possiblity of the iphone's disappointing 1.3mega pixel camera being upgraded to a 5mega pixel or anything close anytime soon?
Re: Generation 2 Iphone Info: 3g & Gps Rumoured! by texazzpete(m): 6:18pm On Apr 26, 2008
funkybaby:

Rumours of 3g and GPS? shocked shocked IN THE SECOND QUARTER OF 2008?

**chuckles** **Kisses and Hugs my N95**

I've had those on my 95 for ages now and i am even bored with it.

Dont you dare come up with that 'abysmal battery life' line-nokia came up with a better and longer lasting battery for the 95 few months ago. grin

lol. We've been down the route before. The iPhone and N95 really do bring different things to the table, with the iPhone's media player, web browser and user interface head and shoulders above that touted int he N95. The N95 has some features the iPhone could never match, such as 3G and GPS. However, this new revision will bring both devices about level in those areas, while still retaining the features the N95 could never hope to match.

As for the camera, it's adequate. i've got a 10 megapixel camera (casio Exilim). If i'm going to any serious occasion, that's what i'd take along. i'll leave the phone megapixel count to undergraduates and teenagers. grin
At least iphone owners don't need multiple button presses to zoom into any image grin

Don't argue with me, girl. You sound/talk like someone i'd like in the (extremely) unlikely event we ever meet.
Re: Generation 2 Iphone Info: 3g & Gps Rumoured! by funkybaby(f): 6:35pm On Apr 26, 2008
@texazzpete

Please, do not address me as 'girl', seriously i prefer 'lady'. Haba, be nice. grin

Anyway, i know you will forever come up with something against the 95.

The only feature, i repeat, the only feature on the iphone which beats the 95 thongs down is the 'touch screen'.

Finish!
Re: Generation 2 Iphone Info: 3g & Gps Rumoured! by texazzpete(m): 5:44pm On Apr 27, 2008
@funkybaby
haba! Me or you, who's on the offensive here in this 'iphone vs N95' war?

if i had to buy a Nokia, i'd go for the N95. But I do prefer the iPhone grin
Re: Generation 2 Iphone Info: 3g & Gps Rumoured! by logica(m): 8:53am On Apr 29, 2008
y would anybody complain abt d iphone cam given d clarity of pics taken with it, low resolutn or not? Apple has been known 4 quality graphics & it will b hard 2 match dem in dat area. If u need professional grade pics u shouldn't b taking them with a cellphone 4 petes sake.

Anyway d rumor has been confirmed news a while back. iPhone 2.0 = 3G. Hopefully they've added cut n paste, & it's a good thing d ear piece socket is no longer enclosed; i couldn't use my cassette adapter cos of dat little oversight. Or maybe they knew it could damage d audio in circuitry, & have fixed that now.
Re: Generation 2 Iphone Info: 3g & Gps Rumoured! by hayprof(m): 11:01am On Apr 29, 2008
texazzpete:

@funkybaby
haba! Me or you, who's on the offensive here in this 'iphone vs N95' war?

if i had to buy a Nokia, [size=13pt]i'd go for the N95[/size]. But I do prefer the iPhone grin

Confessions/ . . . grin
Re: Generation 2 Iphone Info: 3g & Gps Rumoured! by texazzpete(m): 11:07am On Apr 29, 2008
@Hayprof
Please go back to every school you've been to and shoot your English teachers.

I clearly said, 'if i had to buy a Nokia', didn't i? So yes, the N95 is a no-brainer for the most capable nokia smartphone

however, i have a choice, and i could easily afford any phone i wanted, so i chose the iPhone.

Confessions my arse grin
Re: Generation 2 Iphone Info: 3g & Gps Rumoured! by hayprof(m): 12:20pm On Apr 29, 2008
texazzpete:

@Hayprof
Please go back to every school you've been to and shoot your English teachers.

Done that when i graduated tongue

texazzpete:

I clearly said, 'if i had to buy a Nokia', didn't i? So yes, the N95 is a no-brainer for the most capable nokia smartphone

however, i have a choice, and i could easily afford any phone i wanted, so i chose the iPhone.

Confessions my arse grin

Do you av a 2nd Phone . . .am sure It's a Nokia, If YES. cheesy grin wink
Re: Generation 2 Iphone Info: 3g & Gps Rumoured! by hansibone(m): 12:49pm On Apr 29, 2008
u shoot ur teacher tongue

n wats wit d padre thin "CONFESSION TIME PEOPLE"
Re: Generation 2 Iphone Info: 3g & Gps Rumoured! by texazzpete(m): 1:14pm On Apr 29, 2008
@hayprof
My 2nd phone is a HTC TyTN.
It also wipes the floor with your N80 grin

Re: Generation 2 Iphone Info: 3g & Gps Rumoured! by hansibone(m): 3:27pm On Apr 29, 2008
texazzpete:

@hayprof
My 2nd phone is a HTC TyTN.
It also wipes the floor with your N80 grin

hmmmmmmmmm bragin rites

(1) (Reply)

Latest Berry Black In Stock. Bold 9700, 9780, Also Torch / Nokia Siemens Networks / List Of Android Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.