Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades (17528 Views)

University Of Ibadan Expels 80 Students / Poor Grades In School: Come To My Aid Nlders, I Need Your Advice / Unilag Gate Shut Down By Students Over Infestation Of Bedbugs.*pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by gratiaeo(m): 10:04am On May 24, 2013
The management of Imo State University (IMSU), Owerri has expelled about 60 students of the institution including those in final year for making below 1.00 grade points.

Those who made above 1.00 but below 1.5 grade points for the 2011/ 2012 session were asked to repeat.

The acting Vice Chancellor of IMSU, Professor Ukachukwu Aloysius Awuzie said the Senate of the Institution initiated the measure in order to encourage seriousness.

Professor Awuzie explained that they want to be sure that Imo State University Owerri regained its position as one of the best universities in the country.

He said the society will not be better if schools continue to graduate students who cannot defend their certificates.

Some students commended the authority for the new policy and stressed that the leadership of Professor Awuzie and students of Imo State University must work hard to learn and merit their certificates.

The students argued that the notice came too late as the institution had started exams.

They maintained that the school’s management should rescind the decision and allow everybody to continue; stating that it was at the detriment of any student who graduates with poor result.
http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/05/23/60-students-of-imo-state-university-expelled-over-poor-grades/

3 Likes

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Valto(m): 10:20am On May 24, 2013
good for them!

1 Like

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by holyvirgin: 10:58am On May 24, 2013
Imsu is home to dummys! Sorting lecturers is just the way forward to most of them.
Universities in the north are way better than what is obtained in some schools in the east.

8 Likes

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by holyvirgin: 11:11am On May 24, 2013
How can somebody be in school and a final year student at that but can't make up to 1.00 point as a CGPa?

Okorocha should better channel state's resources to education instead of wasting govt money on boko haram and APC. Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by holyvirgin: 11:17am On May 24, 2013
gratiaeo:

The acting Vice Chancellor of IMSU, Professor Ukachukwu Aloysius Awuzie said the Senate of the Institution initiated the measure in order to encourage seriousness.

He said the society will not be better if schools continue to graduate students who cannot defend their certificates.

The students argued that the notice came too late as the institution had started exams.
/
Unserious students undecided

1 Like

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 11:24am On May 24, 2013
holyvirgin: How can somebody be in school and a final year student at that but couldn't make up to 1.00 point as a CGP? Home of dullards.

Okorocha should better channel state's resources to education instead of wasting govt money on boko haram and APC. Rubbish
Na my school you dey yab like this? wonderful! can you please point out any Nigerian government university that students does not sort? mtscheeew!

Architect Awuzie is now the acting VC? interesting!

4 Likes

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by holyvirgin: 11:45am On May 24, 2013
berem: Na my school you dey yab like this? wonderful! can you please point out any Nigerian government university that students does not sort? mtscheeew!

Architect Awuzie is now the acting VC? interesting!
Yeah from the way you reason I don't need a magician to tell me you were a product of imsu.

Thank God u admitted imsu sorts a lot.

1 Like

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 11:58am On May 24, 2013
holyvirgin:
Yeah from the way you reason I don't need a magician to tell me you were a product of imsu.

Thank God u admitted imsu sorts a lot.
whatever! Am proud to have graduated from IMSU.To hell with what you think of my Alma mater. cool

7 Likes

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by gratiaeo(m): 12:00pm On May 24, 2013
Any confirmation from imsu
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by gratiaeo(m): 12:17pm On May 24, 2013
IMSU

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by gratiaeo(m): 12:35pm On May 24, 2013
IMSU is besieged with so
many problems, most
prominent among them is its
location. The state capital in
which it is located is
saturated with all the five or
so tertiary academic
institutions in the state
located in and around it.
IMSU’s teaching hospital at
Orlu admits just a few
students a year, hence must
not be equated to a full
university that admits more
than a thousand candidates a
year. The standard of education there like every other Naija university is poor (very POOR)
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by revolt(m): 12:52pm On May 24, 2013
I'm an IMO star though the sorting epidermic is quite ubiquitous, but wht I detested most bout imsu was the infantile panache xhibited by bulk of the students! Its pertinent to note tht even in tht bad state they seem to be more learned and cleaner than those I met in UNAAB! Ojere! N evn OSu! Pls note I'm nt being sentimental! Tis the gospel truth! My babe gradged wif a 2.1 4rm one of them n I knw shell nt b gvn same in dead IMSU.

3 Likes

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by imperiouxx(m): 4:54pm On May 24, 2013
Lots of ori gbe gbe (dumbest head). Empty vessels with lot of energies to make the loudest noise. Shiiiiior!
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by MrAboki: 4:57pm On May 24, 2013
[size=13pt]HAHAHAHAAAAA

They can go and join 'Rochas Orokochas Youth Must Work Programme'.
[/size]
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 24, 2013
I remember when Jamb was jamming me and I applied to this university. They sharpaly accepted me.

God bless my mum who persuaded me to reject the offer and do Jamb again.

1 Like

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 5:01pm On May 24, 2013
revolt: I'm an IMO star though the sorting epidermic is quite ubiquitous, but wht I detested most bout imsu was the infantile panache xhibited by bulk of the students! Its pertinent to note tht even in tht bad state they seem to be more learned and cleaner than those I met in UNAAB! Ojere! N evn OSu! Pls note I'm nt being sentimental! Tis the gospel truth! My babe gradged wif a 2.1 4rm one of them n I knw shell nt b gvn same in dead IMSU.
What language is this

8 Likes

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by odiman: 5:02pm On May 24, 2013
Let other schools emulate from this VC, is a welcome development in the right direction

1 Like

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 5:03pm On May 24, 2013
Eyah....this is so sad.

Imo state should create a "No child left behind" rule for all its delinquents, lest they become menace to society
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by dahmie2013: 5:03pm On May 24, 2013
holyvirgin: Imsu is home to dummys! Sorting lecturers is just the way forward to most of them.
Universities in the north are way better than what is obtained in some schools in the east.

What a comment! Na wa o!angryundecided

1 Like

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by holyvirgin: 5:04pm On May 24, 2013
pDude: What language is this
Swahili! Product of IMSU cheesy grin
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 5:04pm On May 24, 2013
holyvirgin:
Swahili! Product of IMSU cheesy grin
cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Raypawer(m): 5:05pm On May 24, 2013
Good for them, but wait!

What made the school management think that its all those that had a very high GP will or can defend it? or are lecturers not collecting bribe again?

And to the students, what kind of silly excuse would u give for scoring below 2.0 in a 5.0 gp rated skul? Inshot 3.5 should be d lowest sef, wetin u go do for school, nd now u are complaining that the school authority did'nt inform you to sit up....

Of all sha, its good, i hope its adopted for all universities...
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by imperiouxx(m): 5:05pm On May 24, 2013
pDude:

revolt: I'm an IMO star though the sorting epidermic is quite ubiquitous, but wht I detested most bout imsu was the infantile panache xhibited by bulk of the students! Its pertinent to note tht even in tht bad state they seem to be more learned and cleaner than those I met in UNAAB! Ojere! N evn OSu! Pls note I'm nt being sentimental! Tis the gospel truth! My babe gradged wif a 2.1 4rm one of them n I knw shell nt b gvn same in dead IMSU.

What language is this

You dey mind that one? He has time to type those irrelevant vocabularies but no time to complete the simple English which is understood by everyone. Shiiiiior!

2 Likes

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 5:08pm On May 24, 2013
they are all product of exam run, so many of them have no business being in school in the first place.

I see no reason. a graduate of a discipline can define a single terminology in his field.
until we stop the craze for certificate, we ain't going anywhere as a nation.

1 Like

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 24, 2013
Yomieluv: they are all product of exam run, so many of them have no business being in school go the first place.

LMAOOOOOO!!!!! Many of them will make good drug dealers or bricklayers.

Tell me more jare
Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by boron10(m): 5:12pm On May 24, 2013
Did i just see a cgpa of 1.0? As in 1.0! Choi! These people should leave school and continue with their spare part business kwanu.

2 Likes

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by Diasporan(m): 5:12pm On May 24, 2013
I can bet my cent that 50 percent of them are on Nairaland cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by sandysprax(m): 5:14pm On May 24, 2013
odiman: Let other schools emulate from this VC, is a welcome development in the right direction

Spot on! You lot are ignoring the substance and chasing shadows. The Acting VC who was a former ASUU chairman has taken a positive step, yet people are attacking the school instead of lauding his efforts at salvaging what is left of the institution. Anyone who attacks IMSU is indirectly attacking the whole Nigerian Universities cos they all have the same modus operandi or even worse.

The last time I checked, IMSU is the undisputed number one State University in Nigeria and 10th overall. Although i'm not sure where it currently stands.

...and YES! Lake Nwaebere is my Alma Mater, Thank You! tongue cheesy cheesy

7 Likes

Re: IMSU Expels 60 Students Over Poor Grades by AbuMikey(m): 5:14pm On May 24, 2013
N̶̲̅α̲̅ yawa be dis oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LASU Sanctions 84 Students For Indecent Dressing / Yobe Adopts Hausa As Language Of Instruction In Schools / CONUA To Sue FG Over Withheld Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.