Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 AM

Is It Wrong To Stay Single? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Wrong To Stay Single? (3084 Views)

Is It Wrong To Have Sex After Taking Holy Communion In Church Today? / How Long Can You Stay Single & What Is Your Record So Far? / I Decide To Stay Single Forever! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by seunfunmi4(f): 10:38pm On Apr 26, 2008
PLS NAIRALANDERS,WHAT'S YOUR VIEW ABOUT STAYING SINGLE TILL ETERNITY.

JUST THINK ABOUT THE RATE AT WHICH LADIES ARE BEIGN JILTED AND THE LIKES.
I NEED TO KNOW IF IT'S RIGHT OR WRONG TO REMAIN SINGLE

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 26, 2008
the igbos say that ugwu nwanyi bu di'ya

meaning d honour of every woman is a man(husband)
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by welli(f): 10:44pm On Apr 26, 2008
not at all gurl.pls stay single if u wish.it will even less sm of ur burdens
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by uspry1(f): 10:45pm On Apr 26, 2008
Nothing wrong being stay single!  It is preference based on individual's experiences differently!!!
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by Nobody: 10:45pm On Apr 26, 2008
No, it's not wrong.

But, it can be very lonely.
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Apr 26, 2008
Siena:

No, it's not wrong.

But, it can be very lonely.
definately cry tongue
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by McOmo(m): 10:54pm On Apr 26, 2008
@poster

blurt it out already !

who stole ur biscuits grin
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by Cayon(f): 10:57pm On Apr 26, 2008
Nope!! It depends if u r single by choice or by circumstances.  If it by circumstances (hurt by relationship) then surely u have a problem.  But remember, strong women don't let a failed relationship stop them from dating.  Also, if you are like me, you have high standards. Don't worry, just focus on what you want and you'll attract your soulmate.

However, currently, I have been single (by choice) for over a year and its the best blessing i have ever experienced.  At this moment, my daughter and my God are  my best friends/companion.

Peace

2 Likes

Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by McOmo(m): 11:02pm On Apr 26, 2008
see advert o . . . shocked

which one be HIGH STANDARDS for this matter naw lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by Cadet(f): 11:09pm On Apr 26, 2008
Stayn single is the best thng at SOME point. Then u best be ready for a ring

1 Like

Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by ztyle(m): 11:16pm On Apr 26, 2008
I concur, Longest time. cool
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by uspry1(f): 11:36pm On Apr 26, 2008
Check the following existing threads below:

I Decide To Stay Single Forever!
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-99466.0.html

Are You Better Off Single? No Stress.
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-17811.0.html

Falling In Love Or Staying Single?
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-121933.0.html

What Do You Enjoy Most About Being Single?
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-105359.288.html

Why Are You Still Single?
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-64933.64.html
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by Nobody: 11:50pm On Apr 26, 2008
@topic

to me its wrong to stay single angry angry we all need d opposite sex in out lives,if not life will be so boring cry
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by Cadet(f): 12:11am On Apr 27, 2008
@ztyle. Awww. I feel missed. Longest time ke? Its been 2 dayz na
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by dandollar1: 12:38am On Apr 27, 2008
[table]to me its wrong to stay single we all need d opposite sex in out lives,if not life will be so boring [/table]

no be lie
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by Nobody: 12:40am On Apr 27, 2008
no be lie
ah ah na true naa,person go come back house nobody to welcome am,nobody to talk to,nobody to cuddle u ,y u sleep,nobody to wake up beside u in d morning,abeg na boring life,and me im not cut out for such life
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by loffers(m): 5:55am On Apr 27, 2008
there is nothing bad in staying single .
but there are a whole lot of single ladies/women that are not really single, the yorubas call them,
''iya n dagbe baba n yo wa''
meaning- mama is staying alone and men are sneaking in regularly
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by Nobody: 6:08am On Apr 27, 2008
remember what paul said in d bible( not a bibl freak so i dont know d xact chapter), 'if you can cope, i'd advice that you remain single, '
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by tpia: 6:14am On Apr 27, 2008
@ topic:

there's nothing wrong with taking a break occasionally, from relationships. Planning to stay single forever, however, is a different thing entirely. Not really advisable, unless the person has no other choice.[s]Though there are some people ( mainly oyibo) who decide to remain unmarried forever.[/s]

Sometimes people need time to heal, or just reevaluate themselves.

And the ideal partner can come into your life when you're not even actively looking for one. wink

relationship wahala can be very stressful sometimes, even when things are rosy. undecided

by the way,I hope its not all this tuface & co, as well as some of the nairaland posters who are busy abusing the women who did them bad,that are scaring you into the idea of staying single. undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by StephenP(m): 6:41am On Apr 27, 2008
olrotimi:

remember what paul said in d bible( not a bibl freak so i don't know d xact chapter), 'if you can cope, i'd advice that you remain single, '
1 Corinthians 7

@topic,
Be free to do what you want. Don't let anyone make you feel incomplete because you don't have a man. Singleness is an option and there is absolutely wrong with that as long as you don't bring different guys into your house because that's just wrong.
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 27, 2008
There is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by NubianQ(f): 11:28am On Apr 27, 2008
GOSH!!! Thanks for posting this, yes, there is nothing wrong with staying single, i am 28 n for sometime now i have been single n loving it. maybe cuz i dont have a nigerian man in my life reminding me that he is the man or maybe cuz i have found thati love myself more. all my life i had a man in my life and all they did was waste my time. when my man left me in december i told myself i needed to breathe, life is too short n if you have to enjoy it alone go ahead but if u find your special one go ahead. nowadays my family n friends think am weird cuz i never have that thing with falling for any guy and i dont feel bad cuz people can hurt u so much and when u give so much you get little.

when i meet people the ability to think liberally kills them, who said a man copletes a woman or a woman completes a man, its all a man made thing, so many broken marriages but owmen stay they cuz they wantto be called MRS. i gave up a long time ago, now am focusing on me me me,
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by fizokey(m): 12:41pm On Apr 27, 2008
[i@ Nubian Q
it's peeps like you that i pray as hard as i could never to cross paths with or else i'll be DAMNED!
MADAM LAWYER! (I AM EQUAL TO MY HUSBAND) angry
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by Radiant(f): 12:45pm On Apr 27, 2008
Nothing wrong at all. Not everyone wants to get married, anyway. cheesy
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by Lady2(f): 1:55pm On Apr 27, 2008
No it's not wrong to be single. It's not a sin to be single.

But it is lonely and honestly the oppostie sex need each other.

I agree with the igbo saying above.
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by tpia: 3:03pm On Apr 27, 2008
~Lady~:

honestly the oppostie sex need each other.

so true.
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 27, 2008
fizokey:

[i@ Nubian Q
it's peeps like you that i pray as hard as i could never to cross paths with or else i'll be DAMNED!
MADAM LAWYER! (I AM EQUAL TO MY HUSBAND) angry

Why the angst?

Nubian's found a concept that suits her, where's the harm in that? undecided
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by TOYOSI20(f): 3:23pm On Apr 27, 2008
@ Topic,

Notin' wrong wit being single.
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by steaming(f): 11:39am On Apr 28, 2008
There are stages in life. At one time, you will so cherish your own space and company that you wont want someone in your life.

At another time you would want someone by your side, someone you know is just for you. Especially Gal, when you go for a function and see all them your Galfriend with thier hubbies and kids Trust me Gal you wold wish you had yours.

Unfortunately we cannot eat our chin chin and have it. Even married ones wish they were single at some time in life but what do we do?

The society doesnt even help matters at all, it freaks me out when i hear people say a woman should not be respected no matter how old if she is not married.

I even hear unmarried people cannot attain some positions. What a discrimination i would say. But what can we do.

If you ask me, we are better off married. It comes with alot of sacrifice, having to tolerate and endure some things that you wouldn't on a good day. Look on the brighter side of marriage too, knowing you belong to somebody, kids, pain and beauty of togetherness etc.

There's always a brighter side of life, look on it.
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by babyx(f): 11:50am On Apr 28, 2008
Singlehood is not a curse is a state of existence, every1 is called into singlehood, but as time progress and as GOD has designed coupled with the level of understanding and maturity you have attained then and only then will you get to the level of maritial commitment,
When you are single its a time to get all the training you need for the marriage institution you are hoping to have, there are so many errors in marriages today becos of unfufilled singlehood.
Where you find yourself is for a purpose, singlehood for eternity, i dont know if thats GOD's plan for everyone but dont condition your mind to anything negative, be happy, love others as yourself, strive to be a better person, dont search for Mr. or Mrs Right by the right person, goodluck,
by the way am single and grateful to be alive,
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by janami(f): 12:22pm On Apr 28, 2008
if being single is wot u want, then go for it. But it is a lonely life
Re: Is It Wrong To Stay Single? by Radiant(f): 1:38pm On Apr 28, 2008
Must one marry for him not to be "lonely"? You could have a partner. There are men and women who don't over rate marriage like most people do.

Yea, I know it's God ordained bla bla but HE doesn't consider being single improper either.

Rather single than a product of misery.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Guyszone: How To Make Your Girlfriend Miss You Always. / My Pally Wan Dump Im Babe because She Too Dey Lepa(skinny) / Why Do Nigerian Girls Never Struggle With Their Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.