Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:24 AM

Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day (4187 Views)

How Aregbesola Turned Osun To A Construction Site / Osun To Convert Human, Animal Wastes To Cooking Gas / Osun To Create 27 Local Governments - Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 25, 2013
Toogun was trying to explain to us the economic benefit this will bring to the state but I didn't get because the was just speaking yoruba as if he was eating hot yam. Please can someone tell me in simple terms what the state stand to gain from this, abi we will just spend the money and forget it.
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by Occurstaem(m): 5:54pm On May 25, 2013
The calistechnics will be so lovely.
Osun A Dara.
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by seunny4lif(m): 5:58pm On May 25, 2013
Paul John:

You don't mean it, sweet? Lol
You must be one to have said that. Can't cope with those dialects, too difficult to comprehend.
Say wetin?The Ikale and Ilaje sweet nobi small but me no sabi speak am oooooooooooooooooh.......
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by isalegan2: 10:53pm On May 25, 2013
Desola:

Excuse me, are you not ibo?

shocked shocked shocked grin cheesy
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by Desola(f): 10:57pm On May 25, 2013
isale_gan2:

shocked shocked shocked grin cheesy

I read a comment in which you considered the action of a woman as justified based on the nature of Lagos being the formal capital. Given that this is the popular sing-song of the ibos on this forum, I thought I may have misjudged you as being a citizen of Lagos.
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by isalegan2: 3:59am On May 26, 2013
Desola:

I read a comment in which you considered the action of a woman as justified based on the nature of Lagos being the formal capital. Given that this is the popular sing-song of the ibos on this forum, I thought I may have misjudged you as being a citizen of Lagos.

undecided

Noblesse Oblige tinz. I can't help it.
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by Kudos4Naija: 4:24am On May 26, 2013
Arrangement tooo nice...great
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by aljharem(m): 12:09pm On May 26, 2013
Ufeolorun: A proper assessment would tell us the standard Yoruba we speak is actually Lagos-Yoruba not Oyo. The economic influence of Lagos has continued to shape the way we speak the language and may threaten all the various dialects.

The standard yoruba has always been Oyo. Lagos dialect we hear everyday is a corrupt form of Oyo dialect. The actual Lagos dialect is totally different

In Lagos today we say Bawo ni which is Oyo but actual Isale eko ancient dialect is Bawa n
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by PaulJohn1: 1:30pm On May 26, 2013
alj harem:

The standard yoruba has always been Oyo. Lagos dialect we hear everyday is a corrupt form of Oyo dialect. The actual Lagos dialect is totally different

In Lagos today we say Bawo ni which is Oyo but actual Isale eko ancient dialect is Bawa n

True.
The 'new' Lagos dialect he is referring to is the one formed from the old oyo dialect, but it is like the formed lagos dialect is taking over. visiting sw/yoruba state capitals and other major sw cities/towns, you will understand that the newly formed 'lagos' dialect(from the old oyo dialect) is more spoken for its stylish and appealing tone.
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by Alatise247(m): 7:56pm On May 26, 2013
Osun oo! Osun ooo! Osun ooo! Ifee so wa po Isokan, Ikan Parapo Ikan Molee, Erun-un Parapo Won Ma Giyan, Awon Oyin Parapo Won Mon Afaa-ra to rii ijoo Iwaju awon Omo Wa, Ejee Kaa pa owo-opoo Kaa fi gbe Ipinle Osun Gaa.......OSUN A GBE WAA OOOOO. HMMMMM I MISS U
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by aljharem(m): 11:04pm On May 26, 2013
Paul John:

True.
The 'new' Lagos dialect he is referring to is the one formed from the old oyo dialect, but it is like the formed lagos dialect is taking over. visiting sw/yoruba state capitals and other major sw cities/towns, you will understand that the newly formed 'lagos' dialect(from the old oyo dialect) is more spoken for its stylish and appealing tone.

very right
Re: Osun To Host 2013 Oodua World Children's Day by Ufeolorun(m): 11:33pm On May 26, 2013
alj harem:

Paul John:

True.
alj harem:

Nope! Put apart the standard yoruba most of us speak :the Lagos one,you would see it's a mish mash of most of the dialects.
I would say(though not totally sure) Oyo would for example say kilowe(what did you say/mean) but by standard, most of us would say kilosso which to me is the corruption of ffor(speaking),a word normal associated with Ekiti/-jesha/Ondo/ijebu etc.Even words like Awe(friend/mate in Ekiti) is gradually creeping into the mainstream.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Looting Of Rivers State By A Former Homeless Politician…amaechi Net Worth $13.8m / A Chinese Captures A Giant Salamander That Lived 170million Years Ago / This Audio Tape Of The Eze Ndigbo Might Interest You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.