Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,398 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? (11514 Views)

Reasons For Outsourcing Your Accounting Functions Part2 / Reasons For Outsourcing Your Accounting Functions / Affiliate Marketing - A Gold Mine Untapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Raiyo: 8:41am On May 25, 2013
This great thread for enlightening us about possible business opportunities has been derailed with Ghana/Nigeria bashing,

A word of advice to these charlie kids...

YOU CAN'T NEVER MEET UP WITH NIGERIA, IN ALL YOU TRY, IN ALL YOU DO, UNLESS OF COURSE YOU ANNEX TOGO, BENIN,

BUT THAT WOULD SPELL YOUR VERY DEATH grin grin grin.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by straneur(m): 8:41am On May 25, 2013
ghananotnaija

I think the issues isn't perfect English but the right business platform. Don't be too myopic to realize that Malaysians, Chinese, Indians, Philippians etc do not speak perfect English yet they are leading in outsourcing (services) and China in manufacturing. With all your English and grammars how much are you earning annually? You see that is lack of good business structure.

Without good business structure no matter your level of education, you will amount to nothing. We all need a platform to function and put our creativity to use. The leading guys in IT are not Americans and struggle with the language as well but they all agreed that the language isn't the issue but a platform to get investors and expertise to help perfect their ideas.

I think your problem is Nigeria bad reputation and not what we can do or not but some people learn by doing and some learn from experience. Lets have similar opportunities like average Americans and you would be surprise what Africans can do. With the right platform both Ghana and Nigeria can rule the world in outsourcing but first we need government support to convinced investors, PayPal etc that we have the market.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 8:42am On May 25, 2013
but am begining to get irritated with these ghanians, word of advice, go and repair your national television that shows one thing and talks about another thing, go and improve ur power shedding problem and i know ur power situation will be worse than nigeria very soon even with ur low population density and small land mass.lest i forget, ur adverts on ur television stations will not sell or promote garri in nigeria, they are too crude, outdated, local and unintelligible. Take some free lessons from ait, nta, channel et al.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by ichidodo: 8:43am On May 25, 2013
Fuelish: plus we are not competing witrh you guys for anything- you should be competing with failed countries like somalia. or are we supposed to compete with you in kidnappings, corruption,prostitution,ritual killings, armed robberies,419, yahoo yahoo, pick pocketing, withcraft, militants, oil bunkering, piracy, terrorism etc etc? You can see why we can never compete with your sh1thole,huh?
Boi your country is not upto Lagos state, Pls we aint competein for akpeteshie o!

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 8:44am On May 25, 2013
If they must come, they should be ready to partner with indigenous investors cos we have lots of successful indigenous investors already and we don't want another form of modern slavery in the name of outsourcing.

What's stopping them from coming here to plant a complete car manufacturing plant not just an assembly plant, but where engines are produced and manufactured cos that's what we need.

They will give excuse of power, Goodluck regime is ready to grant them the license to build their own independent gas or whatever power plant to feed their power needs, but cos they don't want us to acquire and copy their technology, they won't come fully, will only come here to drill and mine our crude oil and making us believe they are doing us good.

This is why I am always angry with Boko Haram, instead of fighting for Nigeria to acquire technology and to become a well industrialised nation, they are busy fighting a religious war that won't improve their lives but worsen it...and causing leadership and national distractions here and there.

In summary, if we must outsource to foreigners, our labour union must be prepared to make them treat Nigerians with dignity and respect and not pay them peanut like Chinese, India and Lebanese investors here. Nice topic smiley
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Freiburger(m): 8:44am On May 25, 2013
Raiyo: This great thread for enlightening us about possible business opportunities has been derailed with Ghana/Nigeria bashing,

A word of advice to these charlie kids...

YOU CAN'T NEVER MEET UP WITH NIGERIA, IN ALL YOU TRY, IN ALL YOU DO, UNLESS OF COURSE YOU ANNEX TOGO, BENIN,

And you think you 're helping the thread with this. undecided
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by playmode(m): 8:47am On May 25, 2013
Provide 24 hours electricity and ADSL internet and i assure that me and my network of 400 Nigerians as well as 189 South African businessmen will relocate to Nigeria.Our business revolves around fast internet,the current GSM internet won't do not to mention having to run generators.It is just not cost effective for me and my friends to run our business in Nigeria under the current circumstances.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Raiyo: 8:48am On May 25, 2013
Freiburger:
And you think you 're helping the thread with this. undecided

You're self righteous.... it's pours from every orifice in your body charlie kid...

Why didn't you just ignore? angry

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by gerald09(m): 8:53am On May 25, 2013
Nigeria is a beautiful place to make money with so many thing yet to be developed n exploited, most Nigerians are lookin for just 2 thing
1. Working for the government
2. Working for an oil company

The laziness of our youth these days is epic. Yes the government have failed us, insulted us and degraded us, but the problem is that these government are made up of the same Nigerians, the civil servants are made up of Nigerians. when I say laziness I don't mean only for working I mean laziness in all forms, from using initiative in creating to their readiness to change.
Most of the so called educated youths still believe in d primitive ways of making money in Nigeria n refuse to use d basic common sense God has already bestowed on them. Nigerians in Nigeria spent 80% of their time in church praying for success to dem and their family and use the rest thinking of how to spend that success, and they do absolutely nuffin to see that dat success comes to past.
They all say they want Nigeria to change but honestly how many Nigerians are really ready for change, if Nigeria shuld change a lot will be affected
1. Constant light which in turn will reduce the amount of witches they see cos of constant darkness.
2. Looting will stop or be greatly reduced which I don't fink Nigerians are ready for yet
3. Police No go collect bribe again which will affect Nigerians who are use to giving these bribes
4. The rule of law will be followed perfectly which in turn will affect 80% of government worker who only stay @ their jobs for 3hrs n d rest claiming to be busy either having sex or being in church praying for his/her millions coming.
Just last week my brothers n I tot of a great way to advertise in Nigeria, it cost less than 20k to start up nw our business has grown by 40%. Its all about common sense. The Nigerian youth now expect the government to always explain why A is for Apple, half of them are busy fighting an already lost battle (religion and tribalism) let me tell u a secret to have a successful business anywhere in d world especially Nigeria u will have to understand that your employees are ur biggest clients catch dem while they young for small jobs u can employ university student and teach dem how to fink. No country started like the garden of Eden, most went through worst than Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ are n dey came out on top. Look @ d entertainment industry, 20yrs ago will Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ have eva believed that is will go these far but it did, in Nigeria, so why do they fink nuffin can work.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 8:59am On May 25, 2013
It is very funny people are rejoicing that Nigeria is promoted as a good country for outsourcing. Do you know what they are indirectly saying? It means Nigerians can be easily exploited...it means the vast unemployment creates the right environment for foreign countries to hire very qualified graduates for peanut wages to increase their profitability. This is no good news! Rather the good news should be millions of successful start ups are springing up, jobs are being created by Nigerians for Nigerians. There is nothing to be happy about in this news! To me being a great destination for outsourcing simply corroborates the ratings of Nigeria being a FAILED STATE! This is my submission!

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by bootlegaz: 9:06am On May 25, 2013
My people should learn how to debate in a civilized manner, must one use vulgar language to prove a point? The Ghanians on this forum seems more civilized. A guy above raised an important issue, why insult him as if same topic have not been visited before? We can't live in denial for ever.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by gerald09(m): 9:06am On May 25, 2013
9jadelta: @ghana2naija

i really dnt want to engage in any arguement with a ghanaian or ghanaians. To me its fruitless. Telling me ghana is better than nigeria shows what you are really up to. You want me to start digging up facts and reasons why nigeria is better than ghana so that we can engage in an endless arguement. I really dnt think any ghanaian worth that kinda conversation. Engaging in such arguement will only make you feel important and gets you all the attentions you wanted all along. Try the next guy cos this one aint available.

Next time stop displaying your inferiority complex. Nobody asks for your irrelevant opinion that makes nigerians look like id.iots

One thing i know for sure. Ghana can/will never be up to nigeria standard in the next 1 million years and that is the harsh truth
Dude y are u letting these people get to u of course u can't compare Nigeria to ghana its like comparing US to UK its laughable.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 9:13am On May 25, 2013
At the moment, we have the man-power but not the infrastructures. So, Nigeria will be ready when Electricity is ready.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by gothrones(m): 9:14am On May 25, 2013
cramjones: It is very funny people are rejoicing that Nigeria is promoted as a good country for outsourcing. Do you know what they are indirectly saying? It means Nigerians can be easily exploited...it means the vast unemployment creates the right environment for foreign countries to hire very qualified graduates for peanut wages to increase their profitability. This is no good news! Rather the good news should be millions of successful start ups are springing up, jobs are being created by Nigerians for Nigerians. There is nothing to be happy about in this news! To me being a great destination for outsourcing simply corroborates the ratings of Nigeria being a FAILED STATE! This is my submission!

Gbam! Your head dey there. I don't understand how anyone can rejoice at such a development.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by gothrones(m): 9:16am On May 25, 2013
Raiyo: This great thread for enlightening us about possible business opportunities has been derailed with Ghana/Nigeria bashing,

Nice observation.

Raiyo: [b]A word of advice to these charlie kids...

Ironically you ended up adding fuel to the fire that you were complaining about. Nigerians and hypocrisy. Chei.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 9:18am On May 25, 2013
playmode: Provide 24 hours electricity and ADSL internet and i assure that me and my network of 400 Nigerians as well as 189 South African businessmen will relocate to Nigeria.Our business revolves around fast internet,the current GSM internet won't do not to mention having to run generators.It is just not cost effective for me and my friends to run our business in Nigeria under the current circumstances.
sir, with all due respect, Nigeria is one of the best environment for any ambitious investor or entrepreneur.

Leo Stan Eke of Zinox computers operates here. Innoson Motors or IVM operates here and making huhe profits, Dangote operates here, ABC Transport Plc operates here and raking lots of profit, Oba Otudeko of Honeywell is raking millions here, so you and your friends should better rush down here.

See, some years back, breweries in Nigeria were importing cans used in packaging drinks, becos all those foreign investors claimed that Nigeria is not good, Nigeria has no light this n that, but a wise investor from Israel, won't reveal his name here, came down here got government backup, brought Indian technicians and trained Nigerians too and started the first can making industry in Nigeria- GZI ind Ltd, and as I type, u need to see their last financial statement.

This company located in Ogun state is raking lots of cash cos all the breweries in Nigeria no longer import can, they now buy from GZI.

Do you know that BELOXXI Ind. Ltd that manufactures just crackers biscuit, also established same time with GZI is making billions? Can it happen in any other part of the world?

Nigeria got population and oil plus other natural resources, and those things are what makes any business move, so take advantage of that while Goodluck is still in power cos FG is offering lots of encouragement packages for foreign investors.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by collynzo2(m): 9:19am On May 25, 2013
ghananotnaija:

Outsourcing doesn't require perfect English but definitely decent English, which most Nigerian graduates do not posess. Neither do South Africans, and especially Kenyans. Educated Ghanaians, on the whole, speak better English than educated Nigerians. I have been educated only in Ghana and found that I am on a different level in basic language skills as well as technical skills compared to my counterparts educated in Nigeria. The Nigerian education system is in shambles. Foreign-educated Nigerians wouldn't want to work for peanuts in outsourcing.

But before that, unreliable power supply and endemic corruption makes Nigeria one of the least attractive places for business outsourcing. I'm not trying to put Nigeria down, only to bring some reality into this conversation.

And yes, Ghana is better than Nigeria. In almost every way: infrastructure, political stability, leadership, rule of law, social harmony, education, health care, environment.
You can't even spell 'possess' correctly, where is your proof that educated Ghanaians speak better English than their Nigerian counterparts? Who are you to advice us, what do we have to learn from Ghana? You said Nigerian environment is not conducive for foreign investment, what investments do they have in Ghana as compared to Nigeria? How exactly is Ghana better than Nigeria in healthcare and all the other sectors you mentioned?

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by bootlegaz: 9:22am On May 25, 2013
gerald09: Nigeria is a beautiful place to make money with so many thing yet to be developed n exploited, most Nigerians are lookin for just 2 thing
1. Working for the government
2. Working for an oil company

The laziness of our youth these days is epic. Yes the government have failed us, insulted us and degraded us, but the problem is that these government are made up of the same Nigerians, the civil servants are made up of Nigerians. when I say laziness I don't mean only for working I mean laziness in all forms, from using initiative in creating to their readiness to change.
Most of the so called educated youths still believe in d primitive ways of making money in Nigeria n refuse to use d basic common sense God has already bestowed on them. Nigerians in Nigeria spent 80% of their time in church praying for success to dem and their family and use the rest thinking of how to spend that success, and they do absolutely nuffin to see that dat success comes to past.
They all say they want Nigeria to change but honestly how many Nigerians are really ready for change, if Nigeria shuld change a lot will be affected
1. Constant light which in turn will reduce the amount of witches they see cos of constant darkness.
2. Looting will stop or be greatly reduced which I don't fink Nigerians are ready for yet
3. Police No go collect bribe again which will affect Nigerians who are use to giving these bribes
4. The rule of law will be followed perfectly which in turn will affect 80% of government worker who only stay @ their jobs for 3hrs n d rest claiming to be busy either having sex or being in church praying for his/her millions coming.
Just last week my brothers n I tot of a great way to advertise in Nigeria, it cost less than 20k to start up nw our business has grown by 40%. Its all about common sense. The Nigerian youth now expect the government to always explain why A is for Apple, half of them are busy fighting an already lost battle (religion and tribalism) let me tell u a secret to have a successful business anywhere in d world especially Nigeria u will have to understand that your employees are ur biggest clients catch dem while they young for small jobs u can employ university student and teach dem how to fink. No country started like the garden of Eden, most went through worst than Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ are n dey came out on top. Look @ d entertainment industry, 20yrs ago will Ѿε̲̣̣̣̥ have eva believed that is will go these far but it did, in Nigeria, so why do they fink nuffin can work.
Dude you nailed it.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by collynzo2(m): 9:23am On May 25, 2013
ghananotnaija:

I'm Ghanaian, but I work in Nigeria.

Nairaland isn't just for Nigerians; there are loads of Ghanaians, people from Rep of Benin, Togolese, Cameroonians, and South Africans here too.

Also, I want Nigerians to be aware how much they are behind their neighbours, especially Ghana, so they would being complacent and demand change.
So why couldn't you find a job in Ghana since you have a more conducive business environment or are you a gateman in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by ichidodo: 9:29am On May 25, 2013
collynzo2:
You can't even spell 'possess' correctly, where is your proof that educated Ghanaians speak better English than their Nigerian counterparts? Who are you to advice us, what do we have to learn from Ghana? You said Nigerian environment is not conducive for foreign investment, what investments do they have in Ghana as compared to Nigeria? How exactly is Ghana better than Nigeria in healthcare and all the other sectors you mentioned?
No, na correct English we go chop, as if the chinese and japanese dey speak english.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by bootlegaz: 9:31am On May 25, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1301931/nationwide-blackout-24-hours-counting
The above headline can cause a developing country billions of dollars on lost wages and services.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 9:32am On May 25, 2013
gerald09:
Dude y are u letting these people get to u of course u can't compare Nigeria to ghana its like comparing US to UK its laughable.
lol. ghanaians get to me? nahhh its impossible. i v learned to ignore those mumus long ago. comparing nigeria with nigeria is like comparing china with Indonesia

these people want attention but they are not gonna get it from me.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by bootlegaz: 9:36am On May 25, 2013
My Ghanian neighbors, what is your country's GDP per capital? Its just for knowledge sake, and can some one tell me that of Nigeria?
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Fuelish: 9:36am On May 25, 2013
straneur: ghananotnaija

I think you lack[b]s[/b] fundamental of a common sense, the issues aren't perfect English but the right business platform. Don't be too myopic to realize that Malaysians, Chinese, Indians, Philippians etc do not speak[b]s[/b] perfect English yet they are leading in outsourcing (services) and China in manufacturing. With all your English and grammars how much are you earning annually? You see that is lack of good business structure.

Without good business structure no matter your level of education, you will amount to nothing. We all need a platform to function and put our creativity to use. The leading guys in IT are not Americans and struggle with the language as well but they all agreed that the language isn't the issue but a platform to get investors and expertise to help perfect their ideas.

I think your problem is Nigeria bad reputation and not what we can do or not but some people learn by doing and some learn from experience. Lets have similar opportunities like average Americans and you would be surprise what Africans can do. With the right platform both Ghana and Nigeria can rule the world in outsourcing but first we need government support to convinced investors, PayPal etc that we have the market.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 9:38am On May 25, 2013
bootlegaz: https://www.nairaland.com/1301931/nationwide-blackout-24-hours-counting
The above headline can cause a developing country billions of dollars on lost wages and services.
you this mor.on,

I'm still waiting for you to tell me what went wrong with my first post on this thread. let's see if you can stand me when it comes to English.

the fact that i speak a lot of pidgin on nairaland doesn't mean i cant sell you and your family with my grammar. now let's get down to business

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by collynzo2(m): 9:40am On May 25, 2013
9jadelta: you this mor.on,

I'm still waiting for you to tell me what went wrong with my first post on this thread. let's see if you can stand me when it comes to English.

the fact that i speak a lot of pidgin on nairaland doesn't mean i cant sell you and your family with my grammar. now let's get down to business
Check they guy's post history, he has never said anything positive about Nigeria. He's just another Ghanaian pretending to be a Nigerian here.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 9:45am On May 25, 2013
All you need to succeed in business in Nigeria or anywhere in the world is: try and find out the major problem people are having in a particular area.

Watch every successful business person or entrepreneur solved a major problem in a society.

Seun the owner of nairaland solved a problem to start with. There are still lots of problems to be solved, stop copying what others have already started cos u may likely not succeed.

I have told people, think of a way to solve the problem of change (balance when people buy something with a higher denomination currency) in Lagos and see yourself becoming the next talk of the town.

If you can help people get change at any moment, then u are rich.

People complaining of no power, no steady electricity, its all becos we don't have technology in Nigeria.

I know of one Indian guy who studied mechanical engineering from MIT USA, and he didn't stayed back after he graduated, he decided to go back to India, and not to the Indian cities but to his local community.

In his community, they produce rice locally, but they have the challenge of no power (electricity supply) to grind and process the rice, so his people usually go far to process their rice cos there were no rice processing plants.

This guy used his mechanical engineering acumen to develop a rice chaff powered power plant that uses rice chaff as the fuel that now produces hot steam that turns the turbine he designed which then produces electricity. He built this and started giving electricity to his local community and they started installing rice processing machines powered by his power plant.

He started giving people electricity while they pay him a token and he trained some local technicians who then works for his power company. He went and got license from the govt and now runs it as a power supply company supplying electricity to the local community using waste material gotten from processes rice.

How many Nigerians have tot of sth like this? All we blame is government, government and tomorrow you and I will still become the same government and the rest start to complain government, government and the cycle continues like that.

We need to stand up and effect the change and not wait for government always!

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by bootlegaz: 9:46am On May 25, 2013
9jadelta: you this mor.on,

It is " withstand"dummy. I say make you speak pigin, you no hear me?
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 9:53am On May 25, 2013
bootlegaz:
It is " withstand"dummy. I say make you speak pigin, you no hear me?
now i know that you are the biggest id.iot of all time.
tell me, is your IQ that low that you cant decipher simple word omission? are you a Nigerian or Somali? it seems you have a big brain disease as a result of malnutrition.

I give up. it's totally worthless
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by loswhite(m): 9:56am On May 25, 2013
bootlegaz:
Guy you for reply the Ghana man in broken English, make you no dey fall our hand here abeg. Your inability to articulate english grammar proficiently shows he is right on point.....Next time abeg make you allow some one else reply "charly"since your yarns dey make am sound intelligent.
english master, why u no reply am na?

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by bootlegaz: 9:57am On May 25, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1301872/black-out-kano-how-state
Foreign investors saw this headline and left the investors forum without saying good bye. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Reasons Why Selling Second Hand Clothes Is A Profitable Business / How To Make Money Posting Classified Ads / Simple Steps To Becoming MTN, GLO, Airtel Sim Registration Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.