Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,443 members, 7,808,589 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? (11515 Views)

Reasons For Outsourcing Your Accounting Functions Part2 / Reasons For Outsourcing Your Accounting Functions / Affiliate Marketing - A Gold Mine Untapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by bootlegaz: 10:00am On May 25, 2013
9jadelta: now i know that you are the biggest id.iot of all time.
tell me, is your IQ that low that you cant decipher simple word omission? are you a Nigerian or Somali? it seems you have a big brain disease as a result of malnutrition.

I give up. it's totally worthless
That dictionary must be working for you, aint it? Why we no dey accept truth? You come make the Ghana man think say naijas no dey civilized. You finish Akara school so abi you drop out?
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by bootlegaz: 10:03am On May 25, 2013
loswhite: english master, why u no reply am na?
Waiting you want make I tell Ghana man? Breeze blow fowl Nyanch open, waiting you want make I do? Abeg make you ask the oga at the top, why Ghana dey mock our infrastructures.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Fuelish: 10:04am On May 25, 2013
bootlegaz: My Ghanian neighbors, what is your country's GDP per capital? Its just for knowledge sake, and can some one tell me that of Nigeria?
GDP ni, PDP ko. grin answer that stupid question yourself. what is your gdp per capita? hope you know what GDP per capita means,huh? Let me educate you.

GDP per se does not tell much about a country, especially when that country is so endemically corrupt. You know why? GDP is simply an aggregate of goods and services produced within a defined socio-economic environment. in the case of nigeria, your GDP is anchored on oil revenues. the problem with a country like nigeria is that while on paper you earn so much in oil revenues, in reality these revenues end up in the pockets of a few. I hope you can see the futility of using the size of GDP to meaningfully assess how a country is faring. The United Nations Human Development Index is a better barometer of evaluating the wealth and well-being of a state and its citizens. I am not surprised therefore that nigeria is so poorly rated on the UN Human Index.

For example, how many nigerians have access to electricity,potable water, good roads,quality education,personal security, access to basic health care,gainfully employed, life expectancy, poverty level,access to affordable food etc. that will give you a better idea that just quoting some meaningless GDP figures!
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by bootlegaz: 10:29am On May 25, 2013
Fuelish: GDP ni, PDP ko. grin answer that stupid question yourself. what is your gdp per capita? hope you know what GDP per capita means,huh? Let me educate you.

GDP per se does not tell much about a country, especially when that country is so endemically corrupt. You know why? GDP is simply an aggregate of goods and services produced within a defined socio-economic environment. in the case of nigeria, your GDP is anchored on oil revenues. the problem with a country like nigeria is that while on paper you earn so much in oil revenues, in reality these revenues end up in the pockets of a few. I hope you can see the futility of using the size of GDP to meaningfully assess how a country is faring. The United Nations Human Development Index is a better barometer of evaluating the wealth and well-being of a state and its citizens. I am not surprised therefore that nigeria is so poorly rated on the UN Human Index.

For example, how many nigerians have access to electricity,potable water, good roads,quality education,personal security, access to basic health care,gainfully employed, life expectancy, poverty level,access to affordable food etc. that will give you a better idea that just quoting some meaningless GDP figures!

Nigger are you sure you are not a Nigerian public university graduate posing as Ghanian? Your response to my question is very evasive. Can some one get me an intelligent Nigerian or Ghanian to answer my question? most fhuck boys here may not score higher than 200 on GMAT.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Kairoseki77: 10:30am On May 25, 2013
The only thing I like about Ghana is Juliet Ibrahim's hips.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-zb9s-w6yypI/UW5WuBsvWlI/AAAAAAAAqNc/WUgNhbMeayk/s1600/Lunch-With-Juliet-Ibrahim-35.jpg[/img]

The rest of you can go to h***.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by AjanleKoko: 11:11am On May 25, 2013
@topic,
It's going to happen. Once the time is right.
Regardless of what we do or don't do in Nigeria. The same way that oil is being mined, once the opportunity is identified by the rest of the world, they will make the big changes happen.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by dasparrow: 11:19am On May 25, 2013
ghananotnaija:

I'm Ghanaian, but I work in Nigeria.

Nairaland isn't just for Nigerians; there are loads of Ghanaians, people from Rep of Benin, Togolese, Cameroonians, and South Africans here too.

Also, I want Nigerians to be aware how much they are behind their neighbours, especially Ghana, so they would being complacent and demand change.

@Bolded

You are right. Nairaland is not just for Nigerians but also for friends of Nigeria and not haters like you. Even your ID moniker shows you are not particularly fond of Nigeria. Many of you from other African countries are beginning to abuse the fact that we allow you people join this forum.

You don't go to someone's house and begin to insult your host. Likewise, you don't come on a Nigerian forum to insult us or try to play on our intelligence by making us look stupid. A time will come when I will be forced to start a petition to have all of you from other countries who just come here to insult and disrespect Nigerians unnecessarily thrown out of here and your IP addresses banned for good.

You live in Nigeria you say. So what? So because you live in Nigeria, that now gives you and your fellow Ghanians the effrontery to insult us on almost every thread? Look at how you and some other Nairalanders have derailed this thread. Be very careful. If you are neither a Nigerian or friend of Nigeria, you have no business being a member of this forum. Enough of this nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by straneur(m): 11:33am On May 25, 2013
bootlegaz:
Nigger are you sure you are not a Nigerian public university graduate posing as Ghanian? Your response to my question is very evasive. Can some one get me an intelligent Nigerian or Ghanian to answer my question? most fhuck boys here may not score higher than 200 on GMAT.

Ghana GDP - per capita (PPP):

$3,300 (2012 est.)
country comparison to the world: 173
$3,200 (2011 est.)
$2,800 (2010 est.)
note: data are in 2012 US dollars

Nigeria GDP - per capita (PPP):

$2,700 (2012 est.)
country comparison to the world: 180
$2,600 (2011 est.)
$2,500 (2010 est.)
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by ichidodo: 12:19pm On May 25, 2013
straneur:

Ghana GDP - per capita (PPP):

$3,300 (2012 est.)
country comparison to the world: 173
$3,200 (2011 est.)
$2,800 (2010 est.)

Nigeria GDP - per capita (PPP):

$2,700 (2012 est.)
country comparison to the world: 180
$2,600 (2011 est.)
$2,500 (2010 est.)
Source pls. I hope this GAYnaaian Gdp was'nt gotten from sales of akpeteshie o!

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Litmus: 12:25pm On May 25, 2013
Automatization - the new buzzword is slowly returning business to its roots (i.e europe and America) Africa needs to be awear of this. The future is potentially bleak for Africa.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Ogadtop(m): 12:40pm On May 25, 2013
ghananotnaija:

Most Nigerian youth, even college graduates, cannot speak English fluent enough for the business settings.

and if i may ask,how well can lebanesse,indian,even chinese speak english? we are still living in collonial era whereby untill we import everything,including importing our own very native language,then we cant do anything.must we speak good english to make good money?
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by straneur(m): 12:41pm On May 25, 2013
ichidodo: Source pls. I hope this GAYnaaian Gdp was'nt gotten from sales of akpeteshie o!

Lol.. CIA factbook

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/ni.html
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Ogadtop(m): 12:43pm On May 25, 2013
Kairoseki77: The only thing I like about Ghana is Juliet Ibrahim's hips.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-zb9s-w6yypI/UW5WuBsvWlI/AAAAAAAAqNc/WUgNhbMeayk/s1600/Lunch-With-Juliet-Ibrahim-35.jpg[/img]

The rest of you can go to h***.
then go bury ur head inside her hip now.ewu
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by bakynes(m): 1:05pm On May 25, 2013
dasparrow:

@Bolded

You are right. Nairaland is not just for Nigerians but also for friends of Nigeria and not haters like you. Even your ID moniker shows you are not particularly fond of Nigeria. Many of you from other African countries are beginning to abuse the fact that we allow you people join this forum.

You don't go to someone's house and begin to insult your host. Likewise, you don't come on a Nigerian forum to insult us or try to play on our intelligence by making us look stupid. A time will come when I will be forced to start a petition to have all of you from other countries who just come here to insult and disrespect Nigerians unnecessarily thrown out of here and your IP addresses banned for good.

You live in Nigeria you say. So what? So because you live in Nigeria, that now gives you and your fellow Ghanians the effrontery to insult us on almost every thread? Look at how you and some other Nairalanders have derailed this thread. Be very careful. If you are neither a Nigerian or friend of Nigeria, you have no business being a member of this forum. Enough of this nonsense!

Am with you brov, Seun honestly needs to do something about these Ghanaians on this forum.Ghana will never forget that slogan 'Ghana Must go' we used in driving them out of our country and that is why they continue to hate us both home and abroad.You can shout from now till you die Ghana will never b bigger than Nigeria.Nigeria and Nigerians have problems just like every other country and very soon we will solve our problems.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by collynzo2(m): 1:18pm On May 25, 2013
bakynes:

Am with you brov, Seun honestly needs to do something about these Ghanaians on this forum.Ghana will never forget that slogan 'Ghana Must go' we used in driving them out of our country and that is why they continue to hate us both home and abroad.You can shout from now till you die Ghana will never b bigger than Nigeria.Nigeria and Nigerians have problems just like every other country and very soon we will solve our problems.
Perfect, I was thinking of opening a thread concerning this issue, some of them join Nairaland with just one thing in mind; to insult Nigeria and Nigerians. 90% of their posts are just insults on Nigeria. They should be banned indefinitely(Cyber Ghana must go)
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by bakynes(m): 1:21pm On May 25, 2013
collynzo2:
Perfect, I was thinking of opening a thread concerning this issue, some of them join Nairaland with just one thing in mind; to insult Nigeria and Nigerians. 90% of their posts are just insults on Nigeria. They should be banned indefinitely(Cyber Ghana must go)

Am with you all the way.You dnt come into someones house and insult them.This insult must stop
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Allwell(m): 1:32pm On May 25, 2013
@op Yes Nigeria is a good business destination. Why are Nigerians abroad sacred of investing in their own country? Power supply issues? That's part of the challenges you're expected to overcome in a business. Every business must have its challenges and as CEO you must look for ways to overcome them. That's why you got your MBA in the first place. Back to your question...Nigeria is a goldmine but i'm afraid the chinese, lebanese and indians may have beaten you to it. If in doubt, check how much they transfer out of the country monthly with their 'little manufacturing firms' scattered around Lagos.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 25, 2013
ghananotnaija:

Most Nigerian youth, even college graduates, cannot speak English fluent enough for the business setting.

No, except maybe in scams and frauds.

Maybe by goldmine you mean a bottomless pit where you'll never see your money again.

If you dont have useful contribution, sharrap for a century. This is not a ghanaian hate forum.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 25, 2013
papushki: Outsourcing robs u of all benefits n labor is extremely cheap. So its not in our best interest to promote it, telecom coy now outsource most of their depts n trust me pple affected are not finding it funny. So at times beware wat u wish for

Seriously, they dont know what outsourcing means. The owners of the business milk the workers to death and pay them pea nuts. Even when banks sack these days, if affects core staff while they keep increasing the numbers of outsourced staff.

Outsourcing simply means sourcing cheap labour from agents.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 25, 2013
ghananotnaija:

Outsourcing doesn't require perfect English but definitely decent English, which most Nigerian graduates do not posess. Neither do South Africans, and especially Kenyans. Educated Ghanaians, on the whole, speak better English than educated Nigerians. I have been educated only in Ghana and found that I am on a different level in basic language skills as well as technical skills compared to my counterparts educated in Nigeria. The Nigerian education system is in shambles. Foreign-educated Nigerians wouldn't want to work for peanuts in outsourcing.

But before that, unreliable power supply and endemic corruption makes Nigeria one of the least attractive places for business outsourcing. I'm not trying to put Nigeria down, only to bring some reality into this conversation.

And yes, Ghana is better than Nigeria. In almost every way: infrastructure, political stability, leadership, rule of law, social harmony, education, health care, environment.

Biased he goatee. What is the Return on Investment in Ghana How many banks in Ghana are of Nigerian origin Why did Ghanaian chamber of commerce ask Nigerian businesses to capitalize with $300,000 What is Ghanaian GDP per head I think your inferiority is too pronounced...

When people shout electricity, i laugh. There are so many business that dont require electricity to run. I have never engaged in a power consuming venture, in my bid to retain profit with less negative factors that could erode profit.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 25, 2013
ghananotnaija:

I'm Ghanaian, but I work in Nigeria.

Nairaland isn't just for Nigerians; there are loads of Ghanaians, people from Rep of Benin, Togolese, Cameroonians, and South Africans here too.

Also, I want Nigerians to be aware how much they are behind their neighbours, especially Ghana, so they would being complacent and demand change.

I wish i could find out your employer and help repartriate you to ghana.

How come you chose to reside and work in a less developed country than yours
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 25, 2013
Emmadani: Nigeria would have been an industrial/business and investment heaven if thr is a constant power supply and adequate security.....Just give me constant power supply wit even my little capital(walahi i don make am),i dnt nid government work/or company work..How wil u spend almost half of ur income or more dan half on fuel?

I live in a town where the richest businesman is not connected to the national grid.

All his businesses have nothing to do with PHCN. He calls them incompetent. He has chains of hotels, stores, drink distributing outlets. So stop blaming factors for your failure.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 3:14pm On May 25, 2013
okpara ugo:

I live in a town where the richest businesman is not connected to the national grid.

All his businesses have nothing to do with PHCN. He calls them incompetent. He has chains of hotels, stores, drink distributing outlets. So stop blaming factors for your failure.
guy because that man made it without electricity does'nt mean dat others can make it big witout electricity.I agree,mayb his own aspect of business does'nt require electricity supply,but other business ideas require much electricity supply.It depends the aspect of business the person is into....But i stil buy ur opinion,
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 3:31pm On May 25, 2013
Sum Nigerians are the problem of nigeria.If only 50% of the rich pple in dis country can follow the initiative of dangote,dis country could av gone far by now.Thr are so many oppotunities in nigeria.Instead of the people GOD av blessed with money n riches to create wealth around them,what they do is to make the gap wider and wider everyday btw the rich and the poor.I would say this is when money enters into the wrong hands.The difference btw nigeria and the developed countries of the world is KNOWLEGDE on how to handle money and create wealth.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Fuelish: 3:34pm On May 25, 2013
dasparrow:

@Bolded

Look let me make one point clear and unequivocal. You obviously don't see the outright provocation by lots of nigerians and the needless insults their hurl at Ghanaians on this forum,huh?

As far as I am concerned, Ghanaians are only reacting to the propensity of nigerians to routinely abuse them on this particular forum. You expect Ghanaians to accept insults on NL because this is a nigerian forum? you know that is impossible,huh? As far as I am concerned, wherever Ghana or Ghanaians become an issue, you'll find some of us there. whether it is cediland, randland, dollarland,francland.... it doesn't matter. Ghanaians reserve the right to counter anything said about them or their country on any platform. It doesn't matter what the platform is, so long as their country is an issue then they have the right to respond. There is a key principle in journalism known as the Right of Reply. So if you think you guys can turn your nairaland into a platform for denigrating other countries then I can assure you NL will always be a battleground.

I can assure you that if you nigerians stop badmouthing Ghana/Ghanaians, no Ghanaian will insult anyone here. I personally will make sure of that. so, the ball is in your court? You think banning will stop Ghanaians from reacting to insults from nigerians on NL? If you like ban,unban and ban again, so long as nigerians insult Ghana, Ghanaians will always find a way to react.

The only way for this whole situation to stop is for you nigerians to stop insulting Ghanaians. If you do that, I will make sure no Ghanaian insults you people. That is my promise to you all.

1 Like

Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 25, 2013
E b like say if crude oil no finish for this country,nigeria no go get sense....
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Fuelish: 3:37pm On May 25, 2013
okpara ugo:

I wish i could find out your employer and help repartriate you to ghana.

How come you chose to reside and work in a less developed country than yours
Ma guy there are lots of nigerians living in Ghana who constantly insult Ghana on this forum every day. what are you going to do about them? there is one azzhole called casubaba- a classical example.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by denzel2009: 4:01pm On May 25, 2013
playmode: Provide 24 hours electricity and ADSL internet and i assure that me and my network of 400 Nigerians as well as 189 South African businessmen will relocate to Nigeria.Our business revolves around fast internet,the current GSM internet won't do not to mention having to run generators.It is just not cost effective for me and my friends to run our business in Nigeria under the current circumstances.

seriously they dont need to provide ADSL cos there's no reliable and resilient backbone like BT in the UK. They can't provide fibre optics either cos the cos would be too dear for average users. However, they can tap opportunites via Municipal wifi whereby the metro is turned into a wireless access zone. Everyone would get a good internet speed but I can't vouch for saboteurs. I see here everyday, guys talking about cheats to access glo free of charge. Naija peeps need re-orientation and some cleansing.

And, not to forget about power supply.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 25, 2013
Emmadani: guy because that man made it without electricity does'nt mean dat others can make it big witout electricity.I agree,mayb his own aspect of business does'nt require electricity supply,but other business ideas require much electricity supply.It depends the aspect of business the person is into....But i stil buy ur opinion,

I have adopted thesame model. My house has no PHCN, so my business.

I want to see what will prevent me from success except myself.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by ghananotnaija(m): 4:06pm On May 25, 2013
okpara ugo:

Biased he goatee. What is the Return on Investment in Ghana How many banks in Ghana are of Nigerian origin Why did Ghanaian chamber of commerce ask Nigerian businesses to capitalize with $300,000 What is Ghanaian GDP per head I think your inferiority is too pronounced...

The Ghanaian equity market was the best-performing in the world 2 years ago, at >50%. A previous post has just cited that Ghana GDP as slightly greater than Nigeria GDP, but NIgeria GDP included the oil which does not benefit ordinary Nigerians.

When people shout electricity, i laugh. There are so many business that dont require electricity to run. I have never engaged in a power consuming venture, in my bid to retain profit with less negative factors that could erode profit.

I don't want to bash Nigeria, I'm just saying that without a reliable power supply, there's just no way foreign countries would invest here.

Ghana has a less corrupt government, more educated workforce, better infrastructure (including power). That's a fact, not an insult to Nigeria. It is a smaller country, sure. I welcome educated and motivated Nigerians to start businesses in Ghana, and access global markets through Ghana. Ghana welcomes the best and the brightest from every country.
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by straneur(m): 5:19pm On May 25, 2013
ghananotnaija:

The Ghanaian equity market was the best-performing in the world 2 years ago, at >50%. A previous post has just cited that Ghana GDP as slightly greater than Nigeria GDP, but NIgeria GDP included the oil which does not benefit ordinary Nigerians.

I don't want to bash Nigeria, I'm just saying that without a reliable power supply, there's just no way foreign countries would invest here.

Ghana has a less corrupt government, more educated workforce, better infrastructure (including power). That's a fact, not an insult to Nigeria. It is a smaller country, sure. I welcome educated and motivated Nigerians to start businesses in Ghana, and access global markets through Ghana. Ghana welcomes the best and the brightest from every country.

I still don't understand your point and if am correct the topic is "Is Nigeria Untapped and Ready for outsourcing" why all these English, Electricity bla bla. Okay Ghana is better than Nigeria.

Please if you understand the concept of outsourcing in relation to Nigeria situation, lets correspond.Thank you!
Re: Is Nigeria Untapped And Ready For Outsourcing? by chriskwaku: 8:16pm On May 25, 2013
ghananotnaija:

Most Nigerian youth, even college graduates, cannot speak English fluent enough for the business setting.

No, except maybe in scams and frauds.;

Maybe by goldmine you mean a bottomless pit where you'll never see your money again.
My brother stop spewing trash.This is very offensive.Are u not tired of this unnecessary cyber tirades.?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Make Money Posting Classified Ads / Recession: 196 Firms Shut Down In 2 Years / Zenith Bank Becomes Nigeria’s Largest Bank By Customer Deposit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.