Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,958 members, 7,806,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

My Letter To Governor "Brf" On "Social Amenities Maintenance Proposal" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Letter To Governor "Brf" On "Social Amenities Maintenance Proposal" (39035 Views)

Top 10 'dodgy' Contracts Awarded Under Brf In Lagos State / A Thread Specially Dedicated To Governor "Rotimi Amaechi" For His Determination. / Lagos Flood: PDP Demands BRF'S Resignation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Letter To Governor "Brf" On "Social Amenities Maintenance Proposal" by olaitan200: 12:46am On May 25, 2013
BELOW IS THE E-MAIL I SENT TO THE LAGOS STATE GOVERNOR "BABATUNDE RAJI FASHOLA" Back in 2011 Through brfgov@gmail.com
and brfgov@lagosstate.gov.ng. I did not receive any reply from the governor or his aids, but i strongly believe that i have a point. please check it out and tell me what you feel, Thanks

[size=14pt]MODUPE VENTURES
95, Ijaiye Road, Opp. Waec Office, Ogba, Lagos.
Modupeventures@Gmail.Com[/size]

95, Ijaiye Road,
Opp. Waec Office,
Ogba,
Lagos.
27Th June, 2011

The Governor,
Lagos State,
Lagos-Nigeria.

Dear Sir,

Application For The Maintenance Of Social Amenities

I seek this amiable opportunity to rejoice with you on your just concluded four years tenure as the Governor of Lagos State and also to which you abundance success in the present tenure.

My name is Akinbode Keji and I’m the front runner for Modupe Ventures. my purpose of writing this letter to you is to apply as a social amenities maintenance in Lagos State.

When I take a look at what is happening in our state today, I realized that we lack adequate maintenance. The government as been trying to provide the citizen with adequate social amenities but the question is, are the citizen ready to maintain the social amenities?

Take the case of the street light for example; an installation of a street light can last for as long as we want if there is adequate maintenance. If you look at most of the streets where new street lights are being installed, you will notice that there are old ones there which are not functioning again. if there is proper maintenance, nothing stop this old street light from working and the government will have enough fund to install new street lights in areas where there is none at all.

Let’s take our roads for another example. I believe if there is adequate maintenance, almost all the roads in Lagos State including the little streets will be tarred, but because there is no proper maintenance the government is using the resources that was suppose to be use to construct new roads to rehabilitate the old ones that has been in a bad state. another current example is the (Iju Road) that is currently being constructed, this road would have still be in good shape if there has been adequate maintenance from the beginning, but because there is none, the government has to spend a lot of money to re-construct the road and I believe if this proper maintenance is not put in place the soonest, it is just a matter of time before the government start planning on how to rehabilitate the same road again. This applies to all social amenities being provided by the government.

our main objective at Modupe Ventures is to provide the necessary maintenance so that our social amenities can last for as long as possible, this will enable the government to concentrate on providing new amenities instead of wasting resources on the old ones that was not properly managed.

I strongly believe you to be a reasonable Governor that listens to the suggestion of a common citizen, which is what motivated me to write this proposal and I believe you will look into it and get back to me soon. Thanks you for taking time to read this letter sir. I hope to hear from you soon sir.

Yours faithfully

Akinbode Keji
For: modupe ventures

PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY AUTHORITY TO FORWARD THIS TO THE GOVERNOR, I WILL GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. THANKS
Re: My Letter To Governor "Brf" On "Social Amenities Maintenance Proposal" by Smooyis(m): 5:53am On May 25, 2013
Good idea. But i think no response was made because you did not actually provide explanation on how you intend to achieve your proposed maintenance.

1 Like

Re: My Letter To Governor "Brf" On "Social Amenities Maintenance Proposal" by TonySpike: 6:24am On May 25, 2013
Dude, your letter wasn't replied because you didn't inform the government about what you're bringing to the table. You should have listed some of these things:

1. Your company profile and capacity
2. Evidence of competence and capability of your company
3. Your proposed model on how to provide maintenance services for LASG
4. An idea on the deliverables from your company's end

Obviously, your knowledge on project proposal needs to be shored up. You've done a good job though...

On a good note, OUTSOURCING is the best and surest way to maintain collapsing government infrastructures.
Re: My Letter To Governor "Brf" On "Social Amenities Maintenance Proposal" by olaitan200: 7:06am On May 25, 2013
Thank You guys for ur suggestions, I will work on those areas you have highlighted.

(1) (Reply)

Boko Haram Sets New Conditions To Free 83 More Chibok Girls / INEC To Tribunal: Obi's Petition Is Abusive, Incompetent And Should Be Dismissed / One-Year In Office: My Biggest Shock - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.