Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:32 PM

Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids (47843 Views)

7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria / Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! / What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Phikom(m): 6:28pm On May 25, 2013
....loading...
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by theripper3: 6:29pm On May 25, 2013
My son name go b

odinchezoihechukwumerelemmbaodighinchezo or odinchezo for the clipped version
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by ibromanner(m): 6:29pm On May 25, 2013
nadia_SA: 2 boys
Chimezie Sbusiso
Chinedu Thembinkosi
grin
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 25, 2013
alpha conde:

U sure an edo, can u help phase out these long edo names. U can set out to be creative and make dem shorter, can u?
Osas, Ehi, Amen, Eno
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by ibromanner(m): 6:33pm On May 25, 2013
larry_jayz: i love twins and i will name them Benson and hedges nd the next one akpors.
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Ichel: 6:47pm On May 25, 2013
MILAN
PARIS
ABUJA
OSAMA & OBAMA-twins
ISMAN
CHRISTAIN
ISLAM
ENUGU
CHELSEA
EVA
ALOMO
and i wont 4get maself ICHMYK Jr. Datz it. A dozen
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by dipo1: 6:47pm On May 25, 2013
Nice to know that someone else too thinks April is a cool now. I'm gonna name my daughter that wink
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by davida222(m): 6:48pm On May 25, 2013
SMH for d guys in this thread... Stop acting like a sisy.
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 25, 2013
b03liberty: For twin service to all ladies longing for twin, holla at me! cool
Hi....
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Heyliesha(m): 6:53pm On May 25, 2013
wizkid,chidima,iyanya,olamide,bieber,haram,2face,my wife will name d rest

1 Like

Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Nicepoker(m): 6:55pm On May 25, 2013
2girls. Juliet isabella. The boy Richard or julius
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Heyliesha(m): 6:57pm On May 25, 2013
Aunty nurse: Osas, Ehi, Amen, Eno
Önohz,Osiro,odion,omo,Ehi.
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Anvaller: 6:59pm On May 25, 2013
Hmm? It saddens me that majority want white names for their kids... This is ridiculous, slave mentality and self hate... White names are completely irrelevant in ur kids' lives, so why?
I can agree with those who are married to whites.. But what is this craze with full blooded Nigerians and white names? The black folks in america refer to these names as their slave names, they understand that they wouldn't have had business bearing names like charles and frederick if it was not imposed on their forefathers during slavery.. and that is the reason why they give non white sounding names like ebony, aaliyah, jamal. tiara etc to their kids just to carve out a "black identity" for themselves since they can't trace their roots anymore.. But here u are naija folks on nairaland, u are willingly discarding that root and embracing meaningless white names...
I know i might have a lot of thumbs down for this comment but well the truth hurts, truth never sells but it stands. Think about it ppl, there are beautiful Nigerian names that can be easily spelled and easily pronounced and ultimately, have good meaning. why not those? If ur kids would grow up in the west, he would have to always explain the reason why his name is charles since he is an african. If he wouldn't give any logical explanation other than, "well my parent just like english name".. hmm the white folks will nod their heads and just say "ok ... cool.." but that tells them a lot. And they will refer to it on the day u would need to prove to them that u are proud of ur identity as african or nigerian. some who are grown with english names might know what I am talking about.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Nobody: 7:00pm On May 25, 2013
dipo+:
Nice to know that someone else too thinks April is a cool now. I'm gonna name my daughter that wink

Ofcourse. . Me thinks April is one of the best female names cheesy
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Itoroetti(m): 7:00pm On May 25, 2013
Vickii Ro:
After givin ur kids pretty names...na all dese naames wen dey sound lyk bomb u carry give me?....God is watching in HD oo

u nid medical check up.ishi omo
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Nobody: 7:04pm On May 25, 2013
@ Anvaller
Are you sure you went through this thread before typing that epistle. . #I Doubt
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Nobody: 7:06pm On May 25, 2013
Twin girls if my hubby is yoruba:
Yejide and Yetunde

If he is Igbo:
Adaeke and Adaeze

English names:
Angel and Angela

1 Like

Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Nobody: 7:08pm On May 25, 2013
Itoroetti :

u nid medical check up.ishi omo

what? Those names are not touchè abeg. .

Names like Asari, Atim, Edem, Archibong, Amah, Uyaiah, Ekemini, Kamii etc. . Touchè! Nko a mo kop?
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Visocrate(m): 7:08pm On May 25, 2013
Already got a name for my baby girl CHIDIMMAAAAA
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by drgeorge1(m): 7:09pm On May 25, 2013
Boys: odenjinji, ome-mgbeoji
girls: agbomma, nwanyi-kasia
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by cutiepie01(f): 7:09pm On May 25, 2013
Well for me,i'll like 2 have 3 kids.Ist a girl-Michelle native name Morayo,2nd a boy-Marvin Native name yet to decide,3rd a girl-Jasmine native name Oyindamola.
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by brownbriggs(m): 7:12pm On May 25, 2013
my kids will bear: Briggs, Brown, Williams, zuriel,Purity,jubilee,Lina,marquee
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Anvaller: 7:13pm On May 25, 2013
Br3nd4: @ Anvaller
Are you sure you went through this thread before typing that epistle. . #I Doubt
Epistle!!!..Lol
Sorry for the epistle I am just passionate about it, I went thru the thread of course, I saw that some guys are actually simply joking but majority are not joking and I saw those with a combination of english and Nigerian names. So my point still remains why english name at all? if u look at the posts, majority put english names 1st and nigerian name 2nd in bracket. This shows that the english name is the main name and the nigerian name is not that important. So I saw the thread b4 writing what I wrote and my response is derived from the trend of the thread.

1 Like

Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by odumchi: 7:18pm On May 25, 2013
Avamevu
Omekannaya
Ivuoma
Ihekerenma
Alicho
Iheoma
Nwanma
Adanna
Okwaraugo
Ovonna
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Nobody: 7:27pm On May 25, 2013
odumchi: Avamevu
Omekannaya
Ivuoma
Ihekerenma
Alicho
Iheoma
Nwanma
Adanna
Okwaraugo
Ovonna

What's with the Vee Viii Voo
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Egobekee(f): 7:29pm On May 25, 2013
English name for my children will be 1. Stephen 2. Samuel 3. Peace 4. Patience
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Nobody: 7:35pm On May 25, 2013
Anvaller You like long talk o. .
Oh well. . . *shurgs* issorait. . I yaff hear you
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by odumchi: 7:38pm On May 25, 2013
babyosisi:

What's with the Vee Viii Voo

That's my dialect.
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by chronique(m): 7:41pm On May 25, 2013
My first son will be Alexa(the defender) and my second son Rio jnr(river),which happens to be my name. Any other one will go with either Rex,Reagan or Andre. Don't have names for the ladies yet.
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 25, 2013
i knew it the clowns are back again...if i happen to get twins, which is most likely cos i am one too, she will have to name them 'today' and 'tomorrow'. if a boy and a girl i call them lucy and lucifer. others i will like to call them are adoninja, sisillia, silas, maina, maimuna, muritala, idiagbon
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by obi123: 7:59pm On May 25, 2013
Dharmendra and vijay
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by qhiwegh(m): 8:02pm On May 25, 2013
obi123: Dharmendra and vijay

Shouldn't you be in Rupeeland, not Nairaland?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Maternity Shoot Of 4 Pregnant Friends / Photos Of 6 Girls Who Lost Their Parents Under 1 Year / I Am Not Satisfied With Food, Money Without Sex – Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.