Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:08 AM

Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri (15558 Views)

Rivers: One DSS Operative Killed, As Hoodlums Engage Security Men / Boko Haram Fuel Dump Discovered In Maiduguri (Photos) / Jonathan’s Campaign Team Trapped In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by Stegomiah: 4:05pm On May 25, 2013
Gunmen kill security operative in Maiduguri

Gunmen suspected to be Boko Haram sect members, Saturday, shot and killed a security official suspected to be a personnel of the Department of Security Servies (SSS)  at Ajilari/Gomari airport ward of Maiduguri, the Borno state capital.

Four people have been killed in the area this week, including a General Manager of a petrol station.

Our Correspondent gathered that the gunmen who came on foot wearing (Baban Riga) flowing gowns, with AK47 rifles hidden underneath, ambushed the security officer and shot him dead before they fled without being arrested.

A resident of the area who did not want his name in print for security reasons, told our Correspondent that the gunmen laid ambush on the security personnel at about 7:22pm.

He said, “we were sitting at the frontage of our house around 7:22pm when we heard gunshots close to the house, we immediately ran into our homes for safety, and just this morning we learnt it was an DSS officer that was shot dead”. He stated.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/gunmen-kill-security-operative-in-maiduguri/
Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by mekaboy(m): 5:03pm On May 25, 2013
It seems like the BOKO HARAM members are actually living among the people. The kill and go back home .

4 Likes

Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by Stegomiah: 5:06pm On May 25, 2013
mekaboy: It seems like the BOKO HARAM members are actually living among the people. The kill and go back home .

My tot exactly! I don't think dey can all be eliminated, but d SOE is a good idea
Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by Tolexander: 5:20pm On May 25, 2013
Bushmeat don dey catch the hunter!

1 Like

Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by Tolexander: 5:21pm On May 25, 2013
mekaboy: It seems like the BOKO HARAM members are actually living among the people. The kill and go back home .
no, they live in a tree!
Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by mekaboy(m): 5:53pm On May 25, 2013
Stegomiah:

My tot exactly! I don't think dey can all be eliminated, but d SOE is a good idea

Yea its a good idea, those that are not based in borno state must have run away. Those doing the killing now are those who live within.

The problem is that the army go after them on uniform and its not easy. The should have armed military men on civilian clothes.

I think they would have sent spys into borno to gather intel on these guys before the SOE.

Unfortunately, the amy is already infiltrated.

The should search the govt house and lodge, if possible the governors residence. There could be a number of them sheltered there.

4 Likes

Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by zumbigbo(m): 6:03pm On May 25, 2013
A resident of the area who did not want his name in print for security reasons...

Fear is the beginning of wisdom.
Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by Stegomiah: 6:27pm On May 25, 2013
mekaboy:

Yea its a good idea, those that are not based in borno state must have run away. Those doing the killing now are those who live within.

The problem is that the army go after them on uniform and its not easy. The should have armed military men on civilian clothes.

I think they would have sent spys into borno to gather intel on these guys before the SOE.

The should search the govt house and lodge, if possible the governors residence. There could be a number of them sheltered there.

Yh! D army is infiltrated, cos some of dem as in d northern military men may also av family members among d boko group, so its not gonna be easy on dem, dey'll do everytin dey can 2 support dia family members, showing dem escape routes etc, but d tin is if dey show a family member d way out its lyk showing 50 Boko boys d escape routes, cos dey are always in groups!

I'll suggest sss, who understand dia language, dress lyk dem wif guns and weapons of mass destruction hidden wit dem, pretending to be one of dem, u'll be surprised au dat will work out.
Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by mekaboy(m): 7:02pm On May 25, 2013
Stegomiah:

Yh! D army is infiltrated, cos some of dem as in d northern military men may also av family members among d boko group, so its not gonna be easy on dem, dey'll do everytin dey can 2 support dia family members, showing dem escape routes etc, but d tin is if dey show a family member d way out its lyk showing 50 Boko boys d escape routes, cos dey are always in groups!

I'll suggest sss, who understand dia language, dress lyk dem wif guns and weapons of mass destruction hidden wit dem, pretending to be one of dem, u'll be surprised au dat will work out.

Exactly my point
Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by Stegomiah: 7:34pm On May 25, 2013
Na so, dnt tink dia is much action goin on in dos states, d boko haram group ar undercover running for dia lives, jst op peace will be restored and in time. Cos once d SOE is ova, am pretty sure dey will want to avenge odas death, by striking again.

D NEF will do a great job by calling dem 2 order, but unfortunately I don't tink dat will be d case, cos dey ar d ones benefitting from d state of unrest in d country jst to heap more pressure on d leadership of dis country and sum of dem ar d ones funding dem
Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by mu2sa2: 7:48pm On May 25, 2013
Are you trying to discredit the army who said boko haram have either been killed or hav fled?
Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by neksummi(m): 7:52pm On May 25, 2013
Sad!
Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by otipoju(m): 7:52pm On May 25, 2013
While your eyes are focused on wembly, I am booking this space. Ill come back when the match is over.
Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by Bryancrox(m): 7:54pm On May 25, 2013
So dis man will mis d final match? Eyaa...Rip
Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by Nobody: 7:57pm On May 25, 2013
Nah pesin pikin oo.
Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by mekaboy(m): 7:58pm On May 25, 2013
mu2sa2: Are you trying to discredit the army who said boko haram have either been killed or hav fled?

Not at all, what I am saying is that the boko haram guys that invade borno have left. The ones acting now are borno residents who are part of boko haram.

Those ones pretend to be civilians, and when nobody is looking they strike.

1 Like

Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by moderatorr: 8:04pm On May 25, 2013
they will be fished out with time.
Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by Nobody: 8:10pm On May 25, 2013
Vry unfortnate, as much as i am sad about abt this happening, i think tthis sect is beating a retreat and trying to save face as a rssult of the massive losses they hav encountered in d past week, and so reverting bak 2 unconventional means, as in assymetric warfare, where they attack in batches or groups as against the battalion n company/squadron formation of the Armed forces, what we lack in nigeria is requisit technology, to map, n monitor up to date n real time surveillance, and alert stand by respond groups at any time, as a nigerian who is passionate, abt his nation, i think, if all those satellite which we orbited to space, could be reverted to or converted for reconnaisance purposes, as against d conventional recce n ground reconaissance systems we have in the security systems nw, also this will go a long way to reduce d cost of paying moles to infiltrate into groups which is vry risky, n hasnt effected any meaningful operational success lately, only if we invest in these system then we will have operational sucess and overwhelming victory against these monkeys

1 Like

Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by Uwakuwak(f): 8:26pm On May 25, 2013
BH=ENEMY OF NIGERIA
Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by Uwakuwak(f): 8:30pm On May 25, 2013
Ak 47 has become so cheap that every BH member CARRIES it's own under agbada.
Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 8:36pm On May 25, 2013
Where FANI KAYODE naa? Shey na illuminati don strike again, no be bokoharam? Oya yarn!
Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by fsb(m): 8:39pm On May 25, 2013
Nawa o...God will help us in this country. After all the movies, my only thoughts are that a house to house search should be done but knowing how houses are built in the north it is easier said than done....
Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by bigiyaro(m): 9:11pm On May 25, 2013
80% of Muslims living in maidugiri including the governor, house of assembly members and traditional rulers are all boko haram members, I don't know why the fed govt is treating them with kid's gloves.
Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by tallceejay(m): 10:01pm On May 25, 2013
Tolexander: Bushmeat don dey catch the hunter!

That's quite a sùrly remark. Very inappropriate at this time undecided
Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by lizzy8(f): 10:02pm On May 25, 2013
mekaboy:

Hollywood films are too much!!!
Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by sammmiey1: 10:05pm On May 25, 2013
Boko haram can never be eradicated in Nigeria,d earlier GEJ admits dt bitter truth d better,deploying battalion of troops 2borno et al is not d best solution,I visualize it as a way of squandering public funds.May God help Nigeria.
Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by 55gal(m): 10:11pm On May 25, 2013
when will they restore network in Maiduguri?I have not reached my people in Maiduguri since SOE and this not funny.
Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by searay(m): 10:15pm On May 25, 2013
I think Agbada should be ban.

1 Like

Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by Yujin(m): 10:15pm On May 25, 2013
Adieu Officer.
We know that BH has sympathizers in the Nigerian army. We have stated this long before now. Sorry Nigerians, the situation can only grow worse. Get ready.
Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by hikmoj(m): 10:24pm On May 25, 2013
bigiyaro: 80% of Muslims living in maidugiri including the governor, house of assembly members and traditional rulers are all boko haram members, I don't know why the fed govt is treating them with kid's gloves.
u are suppose 2 b given appointment at d national mathematical center or office of d statistics
Re: Security Operative Killed In Maiduguri by Rick9(m): 10:40pm On May 25, 2013
[size=21pt]Nigeria Army need more than intelligence to eradicate bokoHaram .[/size]
some traitors are in the army, fish them out and Bokoharam will be no more.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Judith Amaechi Commiserates With Patience Jonathan Over Death Of Her Mum / Agboola Ajayi Sues Ondo Assembly Over Impeachment Move / Wike Helped Secondus Become Chairman, Wants To Control Him Permanently - Idahosa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.