Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,738 members, 7,802,227 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:18 AM

The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) (23526 Views)

MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) / LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / I Will Boost Nigeria’s International Profile When I Buy Arsenal - Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Rossikk(m): 8:41pm On May 25, 2013
The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (Pics)

11 Likes

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by TheBookWorm: 8:44pm On May 25, 2013
These pictures are simply amazing!

Lagos has a chance to become an international city just like Hong Kong, Dubai, London and New York City where all nationalities are welcomed.

Eko o ni baje o!

13 Likes

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Desola(f): 8:52pm On May 25, 2013
*rolling eyes*

The more western you look is the determining factor of you success or rising profile. Oshisko!

All I see is falseness

17 Likes

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by phantom(m): 8:54pm On May 25, 2013
as usual we ve just seen the '1%' of the city.....what of the other '99%' grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by fkaz(m): 9:04pm On May 25, 2013
Nice pics
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Rossikk(m): 9:07pm On May 25, 2013
phantom: as usual we ve just seen the '1%' of the city.....what of the other '99%' grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Quit being a bore. There's no city on earth without the same ''1%'' of highly attractive areas normally showcased by their people. There's not much to New York outside Manhattan. In London, outside of the West End and maybe Canary Wharf, you're virtually back in the Victorian era. So spare us your jazz...

16 Likes

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Desola(f): 9:16pm On May 25, 2013
All na fakery ojare!

Fake life tinz!
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Desola(f): 9:19pm On May 25, 2013
Copy cata lives.

Pshew!

2 Likes

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 25, 2013
Eko o ni baje!
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 25, 2013
Lagos seems to be far ahead of other places in nigeria.

Bayelsa should have being like this by now if not for the crack heads governing that state!
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Rossikk(m): 9:46pm On May 25, 2013
django1: Lagos seems to be far ahead of other places in nigeria.

It's not about ''seems to''. It is.

Which shouldn't be too surprising since it's the economic hub of the nation. wink

1 Like

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by phantom(m): 9:52pm On May 25, 2013
Rossikk:

Quit being a bore. There's no city on earth without the same ''1%'' of highly attractive areas normally showcased by their people. There's not much to New York outside Manhattan. In London, outside of the West End and maybe Canary Wharf, you're virtually back in the Victorian era. So spare us your jazz...
really @bolded..... grin grin grin grin grin

Brooklyn

1 Like

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by phantom(m): 9:54pm On May 25, 2013
Queens

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by phantom(m): 9:55pm On May 25, 2013
Staten island

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Abagworo(m): 10:01pm On May 25, 2013
django1: Lagos seems to be far ahead of other places in nigeria.

Bayelsa should have being like this by now if not for the crack heads governing that state!

In Nigeria only Lagos and Abuja have the semblance of what a city should look like. Port-Harcourt has some good layouts but no high rises and its expanding uncontrolled.
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by phantom(m): 10:02pm On May 25, 2013
so there is much to NY outside manhattan......now is there much to lagos outside what you postedi definitely dont think so.....and why in the world would you define 'rising international profile' as a few white dudes and chicks posing in some lagos malls?
i can invite a few of my white friends over to my village for pictures....at the end of the day its still a village!

7 Likes

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by phantom(m): 10:04pm On May 25, 2013
Abagworo:

In Nigeria only Lagos and Abuja have the semblance of what a city should look like. Port-Harcourt has some good layouts but no high rises and its expanding uncontrolled.
PH does not have a CBD.a CBD should be planned for that place.untill then its still a conglomeration of ikwerre villages being swallowed up by uncontrolled development at the end of the day.
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by phantom(m): 10:06pm On May 25, 2013
even abuja does not have a CBD!lagos has the best skyline in the country!
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Rossikk(m): 10:07pm On May 25, 2013
phantom: so there is much to NY outside manhattan......now is there much to lagos outside what you posted

Yes there is... a LOT more!!

i definitely dont think so.....and why in the world would you define 'rising international profile' as a few white dudes and chicks posing in some lagos malls?
i can invite a few of my white friends over to my village for pictures....at the end of the day its still a village!

Yawwwn... quit hating... What do you expect me to do.. post images of all the foreigners in Lagos We can only capture a few snippets. Oh...... and your village is a village. Lagos is not.

By the way there wasn't anything special about the stuff you posted from Queens and Brooklyn. As for Staten Island, ever heard of Eko Atlantic (under const)?

2 Likes

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by asorocker: 10:10pm On May 25, 2013
Can somebody post the real pictures of Bariga, Shomolu, Ojota, Ketu, Alausa, Ajegunle, Ajah, Mushin , Ladipo, Oshodi , Mafoluku,Mile2 for the world to see.

12 Likes

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by phantom(m): 10:10pm On May 25, 2013
Rossikk:

Yes there is... a LOT more!!

Yawwwn... quit hating... What do you expect me to do.. post images of all the foreigners in Lagos We can only capture a few snippets. Oh...... and your village is a village. Lagos is not.
a child who grows up in the slums of brooklyn might disagree..... grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by phantom(m): 10:12pm On May 25, 2013
asorocker: Can somebody post the real pictures of Bariga, Shomolu, Ojota, Ketu, Alausa, Ajegunle, Ajah, Mushin , Ladipo, Oshodi , Mafoluku,Mile2 for the world to see.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin...

1 Like

Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Rossikk(m): 10:12pm On May 25, 2013
phantom: a child who grows up in the slums of brooklyn might disagree..... grin grin

No... he'll be too busy getting welfare checks for sitting on his lazy bum!
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Abagworo(m): 10:13pm On May 25, 2013
phantom:
PH does not have a CBD.a CBD should be planned for that place.untill then its still a conglomeration of ikwerre villages being swallowed up by uncontrolled development at the end of the day.

I agree with you 100%. Its more like uncontrolled urbanization than actual development. There's so much wealth in the city but not much edifice that reflects it. Even the thousand and one oil companies have no high rise offices. They rather use containers and makeshift offices.
Re: The Rising International Profile Of Lagos (pics) by Nobody: 10:15pm On May 25, 2013
Lagos looks impressive, go Lagos.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Hameed Ali And Saraki Meet Behind Closed Door / Why Is Bayelsa Not Develop Like Dubai Or Lagos? / Jonathan In London Clinic For Intestinal Problems - SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.