Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,423 members, 7,808,514 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:55 PM

Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? (5178 Views)

5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning / UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook / Can You Pray In Your Local Dialect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by mysticgal(f): 8:44am On May 26, 2013
Prayer is communication with God and it doesnt matter what language you use God hears you.so do you pray with your language, sometimes or everytime and please with your dialect say THE LORD IS GOODsmiley
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Nobody: 9:02am On May 26, 2013
Morning Mystic,

I have never prayed in my local dialect...can't speak it cry
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Omexonomy: 10:47am On May 26, 2013
striktlymi: Morning Mystic,

what is the name of ur dialect may be i can teach you.

1 Like

Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by mysticgal(f): 10:55am On May 26, 2013
me sef i no sabi praw with my dialect oh my people no teach me:8 but i fit sing wit language wella anyway more contributions pls
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Nobody: 10:56am On May 26, 2013
Omexonomy: what is the name of ur dialect may be i can teach you.

Unless you can speak in tongues and make someone else do the same...I don't think you can teach me how to speak Uwanno...
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by DollyParton1(f): 12:43pm On May 26, 2013
yup.. i mix yoruba with english
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Afam4eva(m): 12:44pm On May 26, 2013
Amara nke onye we anyi Jesus christ...

...nike, no to ru mgbe nine bi ebi amen.

6 Likes

Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by superior1: 12:44pm On May 26, 2013
[size=13pt]Only when the subject of the prayer dey really pain me bad, most-times, I dey allow God feel my acquired grammars grin grin grin[/size]

1 Like

Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 26, 2013
Yes o!!! Serious prayer is best prayed in Yoruba!!!

Oluwa dara...

4 Likes

Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Nobody: 12:45pm On May 26, 2013
I do try it but often, i end up stammering, not knowing how to pronounce some english words in my dialect. Some times even english cant express what i want to communicate. So i discovered a better way........ I pray in the Spirit

2 Likes

Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Iaz93: 12:48pm On May 26, 2013
I don't have a local dialect.
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Nobody: 12:51pm On May 26, 2013
mysticgal: Prayer is communication with God and it doesnt matter what language you use God hears you.so do you pray with your language, sometimes or everytime and please with your dialect say THE LORD IS GOODsmiley
why not?
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by dljbd(m): 12:53pm On May 26, 2013
[size=24pt]DO YOU THINK IN YOUR LOCAL DIALECT undecided[/size]
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by IYANGBALI: 12:53pm On May 26, 2013
I.Joan:
Yes o!!! Serious prayer is best prayed in Yoruba!!!

Oluwa dara...
olodo ko gbo oyinbo
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by gRutiE(f): 12:54pm On May 26, 2013
This is a serious topic, most time i tried praying bt get trap in d middle and am always lacking words nd hw to say it bt i wish i cn do beta.
Chineke dim mma
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Gee001: 12:54pm On May 26, 2013
No i can't, no matter how hard i try. That notwithstanding, i can speak fluently but not when it comes to prayers cos na serious discussion be that.
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 26, 2013
I used to.
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 26, 2013
Rarely,but i love calling God different names-in my dialect while i pray
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 26, 2013
Is Prayer really necessary ?
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by BodyKiss(m): 12:57pm On May 26, 2013
Every damn topic is bound to make front page. Na wa.
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by mrofficial(m): 12:59pm On May 26, 2013
superior1: [size=13pt]Only when the subject of the prayer dey really pain me bad, most-times, I dey allow God feel my acquired grammars grin grin grin[/size]

Lool. That one self dey. Reminds me of CAC.
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by ganja06(m): 1:11pm On May 26, 2013
Hope is not my mother tongue you re refering as local.

1 Like

Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:12pm On May 26, 2013
Yeah. And atimes I mix them together. English Yorùbá, Yorùbá English, Yorùbá Yorùbá, English English.
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Mintayo(m): 1:20pm On May 26, 2013
Our God is a wonderful God, He understands any language, and he doesn't restricts us to one language, we should go to Him with all simplicity and with Faith in our heart and He will answer us!
I pray though most times in English...i can hardly pray in Yoruba again!
God is good!
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by ZACHIE: 1:20pm On May 26, 2013
when the matter catch you properly, you go hala in your MAMA tongue.
Witches are running your life,s brainbox you dey `wanna`, `gonna in prayer? i pity you

3 Likes

Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by igbeke: 1:22pm On May 26, 2013
d only time i pray in english is wen i am praying wit some other pple who dont understand it, otherwise i prefer my dialet cos it is richer in communication.
Btw, its a shame for any1 who can't speak his/her dialet to a reasonable degree.
and least i forget,
Eshinegba Omati.

1 Like

Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by hensben(m): 1:24pm On May 26, 2013

u must b 4rm delta state especially warri area, isoko cos u hardly see d youth speak deir language only slans n dey re ignorant of deir culture abstract state just because of oil dts y delta is known notin intersting dere.

1 Like

Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Nobody: 1:26pm On May 26, 2013
I always feel the overwhelming power of God when I pray in igbo, When you pray in your local dialect you will feel like God has heard it very well than when you pray in English

3 Likes

Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by ijawkid(m): 1:27pm On May 26, 2013

Strikt....so you follow for this language wahala too??.......grin.....
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 1:30pm On May 26, 2013
I pray in both. *sighs*
Some statements can't jes do it in English na!
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by stephenponti(m): 1:30pm On May 26, 2013
dljbd: [size=24pt]DO YOU THINK IN YOUR LOCAL DIALECT undecided[/size]

There lies the key, if You cant think on ur local dialect u can neither pray in ur local dialect. Just like if u cant think in good English u neither can speak Good English.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Caracta(f): 1:34pm On May 26, 2013
stephenponti:
There lies the key, if You cant think on ur local dialect u can neither pray in ur local dialect. Just like if u cant think in good English u neither can speak Good English.
What are you saying?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Delivered From Witchcraft And Occultic Power. / What Makes You A Different Christian? / What If A Christian Says He No Longer Believes The Gospel? What Happens To Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.