Stats: 3,148,904 members, 7,802,932 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:02 AM

Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? (5174 Views)

5 Reasons Why Should Always Pray In The Morning / UK Priest Allows Muslims To Pray In His Church, Hit By Abuse On Facebook / Can You Pray In Your Local Dialect? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Nobody: 1:34pm On May 26, 2013
SLIDE waxie: I pray in both. *sighs*
Some statements can't jes do it in English na!
exactly. Pray in tongues
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by ChristKid1: 1:34pm On May 26, 2013
mysticgal: Prayer is communication with God and it doesnt matter what language you use God hears you.
Tell that to our muslim brothers. grin
so do you pray with your language, sometimes or everytime?
As the spirit leads sister.
.and please with your dialect say THE LORD IS GOODsmiley
Chineke anyi di nma. (Chidinma)
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Nobody: 1:50pm On May 26, 2013
Communicating in the Benin and Ishan dialects is an ordeal cos my moma was'nt there in time for us so i stammer and hit da brakes lotsa times when i try to see if i can pray like that..however its good to keep on trying HE understands and indeed OSA MA GBE..

Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Imyourex(m): 2:09pm On May 26, 2013
I no dey go church sef, Talkless of praying.
#* SMH** for myself
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Teegurlee(f): 2:26pm On May 26, 2013
mysticgal: Prayer is communication with God and it doesnt matter what language you use God hears you.so do you pray with your language, sometimes or everytime and please with your dialect say THE LORD IS GOODsmiley
Yes o! E o wa la enu yin gbooro,e wa kpariwo,e o so wipe Oluwa sha mi ni ake iyanu, ju mi si odo ola,lu mi ni pasan ogo,so mi nu si igbo ori ire ki o wa so mi di boko haram mo ota mi lowo. E la nu ki egba adura. Wat language cud b sweeter than yoruba?

Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by bigfrancis21: 2:33pm On May 26, 2013
One could speak one's dialect very well. But learning to pray in one's dialect is a whole different exercise one needs to learn. Just as it is in English, when you pray, there are certain words, dictions and phrases you use. You say certain things a certain way. Its a skill you gain over the course of many prayer practices in English. That's the same way it is in one's native tongue. Its an exercise you have to learn.

Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Ishilove: 2:38pm On May 26, 2013
ZACHIE: when the matter catch you properly, you go hala in your MAMA tongue.
Witches are running your life,s brainbox you dey `wanna`, `gonna in prayer? i pity you
Nna ehn... E get as the tin go hook you, you go begin nack conk dialect.

Yeeee, Oluwa mi oooooo, e dideeeeeeee!!! shocked shocked angry
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 26, 2013
hensben: u must b 4rm delta state especially warri area, isoko cos u hardly see d youth speak deir language only slans n dey re ignorant of deir culture abstract state just because of oil dts y delta is known notin intersting dere.
shatap there and stop talking as if you know us
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Richy4(m): 2:50pm On May 26, 2013
I speak my dialect fluently but I cannot pray in my dialect.I feel I communicate with my maker better in English.praying in my dialect is like asking me to dream in Spanish
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by ZACHIE: 2:54pm On May 26, 2013
Ishilove:
Nna ehn... E get as the tin go hook you, you go begin nack conk dialect.

Yeeee, Oluwa mi oooooo, e dideeeeeeee!!! shocked shocked angry

CAC folks will never pray in any other language other Yoruba when the matter hots up...

prove me right
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by illicit(m): 2:57pm On May 26, 2013
God hears u better and faster when u pray in ur own tongue
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by illicit(m): 2:58pm On May 26, 2013
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Evestar200(f): 3:23pm On May 26, 2013
Oghene we' kobiruo igbunu wo rue evu ra kpome vo orua me

Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by yajoe(m): 3:33pm On May 26, 2013
2 get down 2 earth, •̸Ϟγ̲̣̣̥ langua is beta...Tsoci ge
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Evestar200(f): 3:36pm On May 26, 2013
hensben: u must b 4rm delta state especially warri area, isoko cos u hardly see d youth speak deir language only slans n dey re ignorant of deir culture abstract state just because of oil dts y delta is known notin intersting dere.
what are u saying? Hv been to ughelli? Nobdy is ignorant of their culture in delta,,warri is a plc full of different ethnic groups,so everybody communicate with english if u leave warri and go to oda part of deltan u will c pple speaking their language and using it to sing,,so stop saying trash,,and beside isoko dont joke with their language
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by searay(m): 3:41pm On May 26, 2013
This na serious matter.
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 26, 2013
I pray in English but when I'm at a loss for words,I turn evrythn to Yoruba!
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Orikinla(m): 4:06pm On May 26, 2013
Yes, in Igbo. And also in Yoruba too.
Praising God in Yoruba while praying is awesome.
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by ollybosieb: 4:14pm On May 26, 2013
The best way to communicate with my creator is thru' m local dialect. OLUWA DARA
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by blissonlin(m): 4:50pm On May 26, 2013
na Mawu ni no he Nigeria tome po gbeto de te me lee po (niii se!) meaning may the Lord be with Nigeria and the people therein (amen).
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by wazobiaforu(m): 4:56pm On May 26, 2013
My quuestion for op

How do you want most northerners and the Arab Christian to pray to God when the translation of God in their language is Allah and some Christian said their God is different from Allah
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by ruthDung: 5:04pm On May 26, 2013
Dagwei asi rwat dats in birom language
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by 4peace(m): 5:24pm On May 26, 2013
I think its depend on the environment one was brought up.

for example
Aba,Ibadan (local dialet is like official) where on like lagos and abuja(national language is official cos of mixed tribes)
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 26, 2013
Dolly-Parton:
yup.. i mix yoruba with english

Prayer warrior. Abeg nor carry ur mouth face my window again oooo.
Now i know you. So u dey NL?
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Nobody: 5:49pm On May 26, 2013
mysticgal: Prayer is communication with God and it doesnt matter what language you use God hears you.so do you pray with your language, sometimes or everytime and please with your dialect say THE LORD IS GOODsmiley

Prayer is a feeling,not communication to any God....stop being silly!
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by oc2fish: 8:15pm On May 26, 2013
Can't pray in Delta Ibo which is mine but only in yoruba. Can speak ibo sha.
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by chifreke(f): 8:39pm On May 26, 2013
As the spirit leads. irrespective of the language God is faithfully and just he does not dicriminate. but using ur dialet will help u communicate better. wink As the spirit leads. irrespective of the language God is faithfully and just he does not dicriminate. but using ur dialet will help u communicate better.
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by Emmyk(m): 9:14pm On May 26, 2013
Lol.... Hardly do it ooh. Either in Yoruba or Yagba... Oh, I remember how well we were brought up praying with Yagba,.. Buh along the line.....
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by romeo(m): 9:45pm On May 26, 2013
God gave us a language, and i think he would want us to talk to him with that language. He gave different languages to different people for a purpose
Re: Do You Pray In Your Local Dialect? by emi2(m): 9:57pm On May 26, 2013
Afam4eva: Amara nke onye we anyi Jesus christ...

...nike, no to ru mgbe nine bi ebi amen.
God bless you..broda

What Makes You A Different Christian? / Shocking: Muslim Prints World Trade Center Bombing On Shirt / I Hate The Devil And So Should You.