Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,685 members, 7,801,971 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

I Need Advice On How To Start Selling Clothes And Shoes Like Boutiques - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need Advice On How To Start Selling Clothes And Shoes Like Boutiques (9505 Views)

Selling Clothes In Nigeria – Boutique Business, Online Clothes Store / Buying Clothes And Jewelries From Dubai To Sell In Nigeria / How To Start Selling Clothes And Shoes Like Boutiques (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice On How To Start Selling Clothes And Shoes Like Boutiques by lissom: 2:01am On Apr 28, 2008
i need advice on how to start a boutique.precisely,advice on where to buy the clothes and shoes from.Like maybe somewhere in lagos or in togo or ghana or cotonou or maybe outside africa or something.am not looking to start big time,am just looking to give it a try with about 100,000 naira for the clothes and shoes only because i am not planning on starting with a shop.I would sell from home and if everything turns out very well i could move in to a shop.
The fact that i said give it a try doesnt mean i have money to waste,its just something i have always wanted to do and i am ready to give up 100,000 to test run it.
I would appreciate if you dont spend much time advicing me on the factors to consider,what i am interested in right now is the source,where exactly,not ideas,the exact place i can get it,if possible,contact information.(wholesale source,the place where all them boutiques in lagos and ibadan and other places get their goods from)
i would honestly appreciate the kind of replies i asked for
thank you nairalanders.
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Selling Clothes And Shoes Like Boutiques by kenflipper(m): 5:02am On Sep 12, 2008
Its a good idea and i m happy ur gonna test the waters with only 100k a friend started it with a little less than that went to togo and almost ran mad. Border wahala was too much for him worst all he didnt go with request so the clothes he bought was difficult to sell, then!, those who bought, were stubborn to pay him it was a mikky mouse story of come today, come tomorrow, at the end he was paid in a wicked manner of bits and pieces. Start by finding out wht your friends and neighbours would like, do they have kids, if they do buy enticing clothes that would befit the kids but make sure ur friend and neighbours are working class people. Above all female wares sells faster better. Cos a man wouldnt mind to deprive himself in order to answer request of his wife or girl friend so he can steal some sex from her at night fall.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Selling Clothes And Shoes Like Boutiques by mercydrops: 2:12pm On Sep 12, 2008
My brother is a good step you have taken to start small and you will grow big infact its i business that runs in my family blood i will give you places in surulere , ikejaand festac names of people that travels and that will give you good prices for you to make good margin on with your little capital and sites that you can visit to shop online such as ebay, flenjour, legwork.com.ng etc and get good bagain . you can reach me on ayodejigoods@yahoo.com
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Selling Clothes And Shoes Like Boutiques by mesharon: 1:31pm On Sep 28, 2008
Hi Lissom,

I am based in the UK & I buy clothes, shoes & cosmetics and ship to people in Nigeria. Let me know if you are interested as soon as possible.

Cheers
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Selling Clothes And Shoes Like Boutiques by mercydrops: 6:28pm On Sep 28, 2008
@Sharon
Please i am interested in goods that comes from the Uk because of the quality please give good prices especially on shirts like Tm with good pattern but please wholesale prices
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Selling Clothes And Shoes Like Boutiques by lagosbloga: 2:02am On Nov 05, 2009
Poster to reply you

I know that a lot of boutique owners in Lagos source their wares from wholesalers based in Idumota, Balogun and Apongbo markets.

If you are interested in the business like you say I'll advice you to visit these markets and conduct your own research.

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Selling Clothes And Shoes Like Boutiques by babyblissShop: 7:10am On Jan 20, 2013
Kindly check our latest children clothing and shoe stock at www.facebook.com/babyblisshop and www.babybliss.gnbo.com.ng Delivery available through out Nigeria. We stock current season clothes at the best prices. Our warehouse is located at EU 20/8-10 THE NIGERIAN ARMY SHOPPING ARENA BOLADE BUS-STOP OSHODI, LAGOS. You can contact us on 08055393150 or 08033181223. Thanks.
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Selling Clothes And Shoes Like Boutiques by IjusDey: 6:32pm On Jul 27, 2014
BE YOUR OWN BOSS, Hi you can buy ladies clothes, shoes and bags from me at an affordable bulk price to start you clothing business, minimal capital investment required. I will also give you loads of free advice on how to sell them without a shop to increase your market reach. Contact me on 08186839494 to get started today!

1 Like

Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Selling Clothes And Shoes Like Boutiques by delaruh(m): 3:46am On Jul 28, 2014
I am happy for you because you are ready to give it a trier but I will advice you to do more research on your target (customer) dnt just listen to what they tell u they want , ofcourse you should know they will mention good designers from USA , UK etc but how many of them wear it or can afford it ? So you wouldn't end up using your money to buy and they fail to pick it due to high price.....the market is so saturated with diff quality and diff prices , you will even get copied product coming from USA and UK so you need to be careful , and I bet with you , you will always learn something everyday in this business , you will even be surprise where some pple get their stock from because they will even sell lower than your cost price.....I wudnt elaborate on that , so knowing your target and how much they can afford on a quality shirt , shoe etc is very important. Above all you are the no1 factor in this business work on yourself , create target for yourself, learn to make new friends , be customer friendly,don't give up on your customer easily , study them and give good compliment abt what they are putting on let them know you are in the business and you know when you see good fashion ......this really work for me on my female client , they buy well but the ugly part of it is when they owe me , with joke , beg and little quarrel is how I get paid and I tend to still apologize for getting my money the way I did and send new month messages , prayers etc to them. I wish you best of luck brov

2 Likes

Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Selling Clothes And Shoes Like Boutiques by Bode2: 3:22pm On Dec 07, 2014
delaruh:
I am happy for you because you are ready to give it a trier but I will advice you to do more research on your target (customer) dnt just listen to what they tell u they want , ofcourse you should know they will mention good designers from USA , UK etc but how many of them wear it or can afford it ? So you wouldn't end up using your money to buy and they fail to pick it due to high price.....the market is so saturated with diff quality and diff prices , you will even get copied product coming from USA and UK so you need to be careful , and I bet with you , you will always learn something everyday in this business , you will even be surprise where some pple get their stock from because they will even sell lower than your cost price.....I wudnt elaborate on that , so knowing your target and how much they can afford on a quality shirt , shoe etc is very important. Above all you are the no1 factor in this business work on yourself , create target for yourself, learn to make new friends , be customer friendly,don't give up on your customer easily , study them and give good compliment abt what they are putting on let them know you are in the business and you know when you see good fashion ......this really work for me on my female client , they buy well but the ugly part of it is when they owe me , with joke , beg and little quarrel is how I get paid and I tend to still apologize for getting my money the way I did and send new month messages , prayers etc to them. I wish you best of luck brov
Oga mi, please can I meet you for such more advice like this. I am a university undergraduate who want to be financially independent and most importantly passionate about providing valuable services to all and sundry. 07065352674. Please you could give out yours as well.
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Selling Clothes And Shoes Like Boutiques by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 26, 2017
Buy from dubai and usa
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Selling Clothes And Shoes Like Boutiques by Gloryshine(f): 2:53pm On May 26, 2020
Are you in Lagos?

Do you have a products?

Do you need a delivery Service?

Why not contact us Today at Accord Errands for your deliveries at a cheap and affordable price today +

Contact us today on 07068873689
Re: I Need Advice On How To Start Selling Clothes And Shoes Like Boutiques by superemmy(m): 7:14am On Jan 23, 2021
mercydrops:
My brother is a good step you have taken to start small and you will grow big infact its i business that runs in my family blood i will give you places in surulere , ikejaand festac names of people that travels and that will give you good prices for you to make good margin on with your little capital and sites that you can visit to shop online such as ebay, flenjour, legwork.com.ng etc and get good bagain . you can reach me on ayodejigoods@yahoo.com

Please can I get your phone no contact

(1) (Reply)

Which Newspaper Do Nigerians Read Most? / Africgold Registration / Cardify Africa sponsors first-Ever Ibadan Tech Expo with over 6,000 attendees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.