Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit (29011 Views)

Is Jesus God? – Logical Questions That Need Answers / Is Jesus God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 2:54pm On May 27, 2013
frosbel:

lol, but hold on , you're the one who cannot provide clues !! grin grin

Why are you talking about clues? He gave you clues and explained what the concept of trinity is yet you just came with baseless claim saying they insert it in the scripture which was utter lie... Besides that you can start with John 1:1
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 2:55pm On May 27, 2013
benalvino:

Why are you talking about clues? He gave you clues and explained what the concept of trinity is yet you just came with baseless claim saying they insert it in the scripture which was utter lie... Besides that you can start with John 1:1

You start with John 1:14

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 3:00pm On May 27, 2013
benalvino: Frosbel it doesn't make sense to you and I see you still fighting that the bible did not back it up whereas it does... I simply know you have no argument what so ever.

The doctrine is in the bible that is why trinity explains it...

What argument do you have?

cool
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by lanrexlan(m): 4:32pm On May 27, 2013
benalvino:

Ur question makes no sense... There is no if God is three... There is only one God. All the miracles you know that happens... People coming back from dead, sea splitting and many more yet you think God doesn't have a plan? Bible made it clear that God manifest in flesh.
There's only one God.It makes a lot of sense,if God manifest in flesh then that means Jesus is God right? The question is If Jesus is God in flesh,he always pray to his father God in heaven,then God wasn't incomplete when on earth,and an incomplete God also in heaven?.....Peace

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by nlMediator: 4:41pm On May 27, 2013
The simple concept I was referring to was not the Trinity but the idea that something can be scripturally sound even though that particular word is not used in the Bible. I don't see the word "Church" used in the Bible in reference to a building where the saints gather, but I doubt there's any serious question that christians can have a meeting place they call church. Of course, I agree that every doctrine has to be in the Bible to be Biblical, but that's different from saying that the word used to describe that doctrine has to be in the Bible. Not even a kid would say that. So, let's understand where each person is coming from. The human mind is too small to comprehend the notion of the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit being one God. Heck, the human mind only 200 years ago could not even grasp some things we take for granted today,such as flying in airplanes.

When you read the Bible with a natural mind, the idea of Jesus being God does not seem to hold water. That's why you see people quoting Scritures that seem to contradict the notion. But when you let the Spirit open the Word to you, you see Scriptures that cannot be interpreted in any way besides acknowledging that Jesus is God. I'm hoping I'll find time soon to introduce and discuss some of these Bible passages.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 4:45pm On May 27, 2013
nlMediator:

When you read the Bible with a natural mind, the idea of Jesus being God does not seem to hold water. That's why you see people quoting Scritures that seem to contradict the notion. But when you let the Spirit open the Word to you, you see Scriptures that cannot be interpreted in any way besides acknowledging that Jesus is God. I'm hoping I'll find time soon to introduce and discuss some of these Bible passages.

Again, you fail.

God has made himself known to US. What makes you think only you and your cohorts have the Spirit ? Is this not spiritural arrogance ?

Scriptures have been written with simplicity and ease of understanding , it contains no complex made up dogma called the Trinity.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by nlMediator: 4:46pm On May 27, 2013
lanrexlan: Simple questions for you bro.
If God is one and three simultaneously, then none of the three could be the complete God.Granting that such was the case,then when Jesus was on earth, he wasn’t a complete God,nor was the "father in Heaven" a whole God.Doesn’t that contradict what Jesus always said about His God and our God in heaven,his Lord and our Lord?Does that also mean that there was no complete god then,between the claimed crucifixion and the claimed resurrection?
If God is one and three at a time,then who was the God in heaven when Jesus was on earth? Wouldn’t this contradict his many references to a God in Heaven that sent him?
If God is three and one at the same time, who was the God in Heaven within three days between the claimed crucifixion and the claimed resurrection?.....Peace

You're making my point! You're using your natural mind. Why does it matter to you whether God is complete or not, if Scriptures make clear that the Father is God, Jesus is God and the Spirit is God? You can accept that based on His Word, without understanding all the details. Do you know where Heaven is from your home? Do you need to know that and how to travel there before you believe it? Do you know when God came into existence and where He was before He created His present abode or if He met the abode already in existence before Him? These are questions to which we have no answers and yet we believe there is a God, etc.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by nlMediator: 4:49pm On May 27, 2013
frosbel:

Again, you fail.

God has made himself known to US. What makes you think only you and your cohorts have the Spirit ? Is this not spiritural arrogance ?

Scriptures have been written with simplicity and ease of understanding , it contains no complex made up dogma called the Trinity.

If Scripture has been made as simple as you claim, why are you spending countless hours discussing its contents? Aren't your time and treasure better spent distributing Bibles so people can read it for themselves and find the truth in it by themselves?
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 5:47pm On May 27, 2013
Trinitarians are funny set of people....

They are in effect telling us that the Father who is the almighty and Father and God of Jesus is one third of a god combo....

What utter blasphemy.......!!!!!!......

3 in 1 and 1 in 3....what utter nonsense....the trinity dogma is the height of gibberish......and insult to the person of Yahweh who begot Jesus......
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 5:49pm On May 27, 2013
It also baffles when trinitarians who are non-catholics can't believe and accept that mary is the mother of God when they sheepishly agree that God was manifest in flesh.....

Smdh!!!!!
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 27, 2013
ijawkid: It also baffles when trinitarians who are non-catholics can't believe and accept that mary is the mother of God when they sheepishly agree that God was manifest in flesh.....

Smdh!!!!!

I wonder.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 5:57pm On May 27, 2013
nlMediator:

If Scripture has been made as simple as you claim, why are you spending countless hours discussing its contents?

Because your kind of persons added words of Greek philosophy and made it complex and confussing. cheesy
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 6:01pm On May 27, 2013
truthislight:

Because your kind of persons added words of Greek philosophy and made it complex and confussing. cheesy

Come join us and remove those words. cool

and blame the "mother church" for it.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 6:07pm On May 27, 2013
@ijawkid you know Jesus created Mary and Mary is just a medium in which he came to earth... If you can show me a bible verse where Jesus called Mary mother then you have a case. Till then your question holds no substance
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 6:07pm On May 27, 2013
ijawkid: It also baffles when trinitarians who are non-catholics can't believe and accept that mary is the mother of God when they sheepishly agree that God was manifest in flesh.....

Smdh!!!!!

If i am a Trinitarian i will most gladly call mary the "mother of God".

If i dont, then i would have made myself a hypocrite and a liar.
cool

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 6:20pm On May 27, 2013
benalvino: @ijawkid you know Jesus created Mary and Mary is just a medium in which he came to earth... If you can show me a bible verse where Jesus called Mary mother then you have a case. Till then your question holds no substance

But if Jesus is GOD , Mary is the Mother of GOD , No ?

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 7:04pm On May 27, 2013
frosbel:

you guys can't seem to grasp anything... Jesus exist before Mary he created her he is eternal he is alpha and omega... And at the right time he became flesh he was God before the incarnation... So how can Mary be the mother of God?

Ok I start in another way The Son’s existence did not begin with His conception in Mary’s womb. He was alive in eternity (cf. Micah 5:2), and, at the right time in history, He became flesh (John 1:1,14). Paul put it this way: “But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law” (Galatians 4:4). On the other hand, Mary came into a time-bound world long after the creation of the Universe. She, like all human beings, was not eternal. She was not divine, not “from everlasting to everlasting” (Micah 5:2). She could not have provided an eternal nature to her Son. He is Deity. He is the “eternally blessed God” (Romans 9:5) how can U born a God that existed not only exist but created all things? Now U know why Jesus never even called her mother!!
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 7:07pm On May 27, 2013
frosbel:

Yes, that will make her the "mother of God". cheesy
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 7:16pm On May 27, 2013
in addition to my earlier reply... Consider how Jesus explained His divine nature. When addressing the Pharisees, He asked them: “‘What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is He?’ They said to Him, ‘The son of David.’ He said to them, ‘How then does David in the Spirit call Him ‘Lord’.... If David then calls Him ‘Lord,’ how is He his Son?’” (Matthew 22:42-45). The Pharisees failed to answer the question correctly because they were thinking about the physical nature of the Messiah. While Christ was a physical descendant of David (cf. Luke 1:32; Matthew 1:1), according to His divine nature He did not have a physical father, since He Himself is before all (John 8:58). In the same way that David could not be the father of the divine Messiah since he called Him “Lord,” Mary cannot be the “Mother of God” since she calls Him “Lord” in Luke 1:38,46-47. The truth is, as Paul explains, “according to the flesh, Christ came” through the patriarchs, David, and, yes, Mary, but according to His deity, He is the “eternally blessed God” who is over all (Romans 9:5).

3 Likes

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Itsfacts: 7:30pm On May 27, 2013
The roman catholic do believe Mary is the mother of God, i also think they might have changed that their theology
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by truthislight: 8:01pm On May 27, 2013
benalvino:

you guys can't seem to grasp anything... Jesus exist before Mary he created her he is eternal he is alpha and omega... And at the right time he became flesh he was God before the incarnation... So how can Mary be the mother of God?

If am a king, my mother becomes the mother of a king.

If Jesus is God almighty mary becomes the mother of God almighty. Yes!

[/quote]

but then, Jesus is not the almighty God.

Jesus is not the Alpha and the Omega.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 8:07pm On May 27, 2013
benalvino: in addition to my earlier reply... Consider how Jesus explained His divine nature. When addressing the Pharisees, He asked them: “‘What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is He?’ They said to Him, ‘The son of David.’ He said to them, ‘How then does David in the Spirit call Him ‘Lord’.... If David then calls Him ‘Lord,’ how is He his Son?’” (Matthew 22:42-45). The Pharisees failed to answer the question correctly because they were thinking about the physical nature of the Messiah. While Christ was a physical descendant of David (cf. Luke 1:32; Matthew 1:1), according to His divine nature He did not have a physical father, since He Himself is before all (John 8:58). In the same way that David could not be the father of the divine Messiah since he called Him “Lord,” Mary cannot be the “Mother of God” since she calls Him “Lord” in Luke 1:38,46-47. The truth is, as Paul explains, “according to the flesh, Christ came” through the patriarchs, David, and, yes, Mary, but according to His deity, He is the “eternally blessed God” who is over all (Romans 9:5).

But mary was the mother of GOD according to the flesh na............na lie??.....

Are you doubting that mary was the mother of Jesus??......Yes or No?.....
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by ijawkid(m): 8:09pm On May 27, 2013
benalvino:

Ok I start in another way The Son’s existence did not begin with His conception in Mary’s womb. He was alive in eternity (cf. Micah 5:2), and, at the right time in history, He became flesh (John 1:1,14). Paul put it this way: “But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth His Son, born of a woman, born under the law” (Galatians 4:4). On the other hand, Mary came into a time-bound world long after the creation of the Universe. She, like all human beings, was not eternal. She was not divine, not “from everlasting to everlasting” (Micah 5:2). She could not have provided an eternal nature to her Son. He is Deity. He is the “eternally blessed God” (Romans 9:5) how can U born a God that existed not only exist but created all things? Now U know why Jesus never even called her mother!!

You are turning round and round bro.....

If Jesus is GOD in flesh why can't mary whom the scriptures call the mother of Jesus be the mother of GOD??..........

The scriptures call mary the mother of Jesus from the fleshly point of view...for goodness sakes mary carried Jesus for 9 months and pushed him out..............mary called Jesus her firstborn son........

I can see you trying to run away from clear facts which would totally contradict your stance.......

And it is high time we discuss on micah 5:2 and romans 9:5......

Your understanding of micah 5:2 is so warped which would soon be corrected....

and so also for romans 9:5 which has been totally mistranslated to suit the trinity dogma but would at the end of the day contradict it............

Its all about you been ready to get down with the going....
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 8:22pm On May 27, 2013
truthislight:

In other words Jesus is not the eternal father... He didn't create the person who born him in your understanding. Jesus did not exist before Mary. That is for you to worry I can't explain more because you will still close your eyes to the fact I presented

1 Like

Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 8:35pm On May 27, 2013
ijawkid:

If Jesus is GOD in flesh why can't mary whom the scriptures call the mother of Jesus be the mother of GOD??..........

The scriptures call mary the mother of Jesus from the fleshly point of view...for goodness sakes mary carried Jesus for 9 months and pushed him out..............mary called Jesus her firstborn son........

I can see you trying to run away from clear facts which would totally contradict your stance.......

and so also for romans 9:5 which has been totally mistranslated to suit the trinity dogma but would at the end of the day contradict it............

Where is your proof that it was mistranslated? When you see clear fact you assume it was mistranslated. I can compare all bible and new world translation and ask you to decide which one is engineered to suit doctrines... I gave a comprehensive explaination I know your stance is final I can't convince you and that is not why am discussing am just doing it cause I like discussing things and also express what I believe. If U can explain Micah for me am will be glad... The question is did Jesus ever call Mary mother? If U call your mother woman how will she feel? Mary is not eternal she existed just yesterday how can she be a mother of a God who created her... Even if you understand my explanation you will most likely act like you dont. Bible teach The Father created everything it teach Jesus created everything it teach the holy spirit created everything... It teach Jesus raise him self up from dead teach the father did teach the holy spirit did. There cannot be 2 alpha and omega... Jesus is our eternal father ERTERNAL FATHER
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 8:39pm On May 27, 2013
benalvino:

Jesus is our eternal father ERTERNAL FATHER

Blasphemy !
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Debroslink: 8:50pm On May 27, 2013
truthislight:

Yes, that will make her the "mother of God". cheesy

show me in the scriptures where Jesus called Mary His mother or keep quiet about this blasphemy forever
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by benalvino(m): 8:53pm On May 27, 2013
frosbel:

Blasphemy !

Isaiah 9:6, 7) Read the scripture...
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Itsfacts: 8:55pm On May 27, 2013
frosbel:

Blasphemy !

And how is it blasphemy?
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Debroslink: 8:59pm On May 27, 2013
truthislight:

Revelation 1v8,11. Jesus said "I am Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last". He is the Almighty who left His glory and Majesty because the world can't contain Him. Hence He wept, hungered, bled, slept and died. Yes, He is the Ancient of days who came with the clouds of heaven (Daniel 7v22). The Great God who will appear in the Sky (Titus 2v13).

You are a fake Christian if you don't worship and serve this Lord God Almighty (John 20:28) who rose 4rm the dead.
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Nobody: 9:00pm On May 27, 2013
Debroslink:

You are a fake Christian if you don't worship and serve this Lord God Almighty (John 20:28) who rose 4rm the dead.[/b][/color]

God did not rise from the dead, Jesus did. God cannot die, stop this madness.

We worship ONE GOD, so Jesus said :

"Jesus replied, "The most important commandment is this: 'Listen, O Israel! The LORD our God is the one and only LORD." - Mark 12:29
Re: Trinity: Why Is It Easier To Call Jesus God And Not The Holy Spirit by Itsfacts: 9:03pm On May 27, 2013
ijawkid:

Dude I have seen how you react to presented facts of citation to backup claims you just find and excuse question and ask. You know our discussion on my post and how you run away from it. Now they make Romans fit the trinity lol why didn't they put the word trinity in the bible then? As matter of fact it is the new world translation that tries to twist the bible to fit watchtower doctrine like benalvino earlier mentioned!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (48) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Wrong About Pastor Sam Adeyemi On Tithing / Green Pass Required For Access Into Vatican From 1 October( Pix) / When A Bright Intelligent Child Becomes A Struggling Adult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.