Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,061 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. (22384 Views)

Graphic Photos Of Slain Boko Haram Militants In A Recent Military Attack / Nasarawa : Ombatse Backs Al -makura ’ S Impeachment / Ombatse Spokesman - 'Bullets Don't Kill Us' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by bcomputer101: 1:32pm On May 26, 2013
Tears flowed freely at the headquarters of State Security Service (SSS) in Abuja as ten fallen officers who died under mysterious circumstances during an operation against a cult group (Ombatse) at Eggon Village in Nasarawa State recently were honoured with candle light procession.

The atmosphere at the venue of the funeral service was tense and pathetic as relatives, friends and colleagues of the deceased wept profusely.

The Director General of the Service, Chief of Defence Staff, National-Security Adviser, Director General of NIA, Representative of Police, Corps Marshal, FRSC, Commandant General, Civil Defence Corps, Senate Leader, Minister of State for FCT, and others attended the event.

They extolled the virtues and courage displayed by the gallant officers in the course of their duty.

The speakers vowed that the demise of the slain officers would not be in vain and promised that the government would ensure that the perpetrators of the dastardly act are brought to justice.

They called on officers of the service to summon courage and not be deterred by the unfortunate incident.

Speaking earlier at the occasion, Director General of the Service, Ita Ekpenyong vowed that it is the enemies that would raise white flag but not the service. He said that the perpetrators have murdered sleep and would not have peace for the rest of their lives.

Ekpenyong expressed regret that moles have infiltrated the rank and file of Nigeria Police and other security agencies in the country which led to the untimely death of their men.

It would be recalled that about 45 security operatives lost their lives in Nasarawa State when troops sent to arrest the leader of a deadly cult were ambushed and slaughtered by militiamen in the area.

The security operatives which comprised of officers of Nigeria Police, State Security Service (SSS) and Civil Defence Corps were all murdered in a cold blood on their way to the village.

Source: mobile.saharareporters.com/news-page/ombatse-massacre-tears-funeral-service-slain-sss-officers

DROP YOUR CONDOLENCE MESSAGE!

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by bcomputer101: 1:48pm On May 26, 2013
More picture...

RIP to the dead.

DROP YOUR CONDOLENCE MESSAGE!

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by eagleeye2: 2:19pm On May 26, 2013
R I P, to the fallen men.
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by gramci: 2:26pm On May 26, 2013
Very unfortunate, RIP
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by pistol: 3:29pm On May 26, 2013
Rip to the departed.

Am yet ti get a comprehensive report about what really happened.
Take heart to the families and may God give u the fortitude to bear the loss.

2 Likes

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by bcomputer101: 3:48pm On May 26, 2013
pistol: Rip to the departed.

IGP, i beg you in the name of GOD, please tell us the secret behind the story...
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by KingSolomonI: 4:48pm On May 26, 2013
My Condolences...
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by vizboy(m): 6:33pm On May 26, 2013
RIP TO THOSE BRAVE SON'S OF OURS
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by Temismith(f): 7:21pm On May 26, 2013
May their gentle souls rest with d Lord. Amen. May God grant deir families the fortitude to bear deir irreparable loss.
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by PvtParts1: 7:30pm On May 26, 2013
At least their customary black outfits came in handy at the funeral. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by ITbomb(m): 7:32pm On May 26, 2013
U mean say this policemen that went to arrest an old man and destroy the community really had families.
The ones that are still harassing innocent people on the road , hope they remember their families as well

5 Likes

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by ckkris: 8:11pm On May 26, 2013
bcomputer101:

IGP, i beg you in the name of GOD, please tell us the secret behind the story...
Its not possible for some rural semi aboki to kill 121 armed security personnel. And when will the Army move in to give them an unforgettable Zaki Biam experience.
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by bcomputer101: 8:52pm On May 26, 2013
@My dear MOD, please put this on FRONT PAGE and let NIGERIANS give there CONDOLENCE message.
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by KingGeorge1: 9:13pm On May 26, 2013
ITbomb: U mean say this policemen that went to arrest an old man and destroy the community really had families.
The ones that are still harassing innocent people on the road , hope they remember their families as well

There must always be a pycho atlarge 2 crack jokes out of everytin,well! That's wat makes nairaland interesting.
May the souls of the Departed Heroes rest in person peace...

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by xlargetree(m): 9:57am On May 27, 2013
may dia soul RIP, very tragic
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by MrAboki: 9:57am On May 27, 2013
[size=13pt]I dont know these fallen Policemen personally, but its hard to feel remorse for them especially as I have no love left for the Police.

Anyways, R.I.P to them cops.
[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by lightheart(m): 9:59am On May 27, 2013
This is real sad!
May God grant their families the fortitude to bear this. Amen.

45 SSS personnel gone!! Shocking mehnnn!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by realitychick: 10:01am On May 27, 2013
They die while doing their duties,,,May their souls rest in peace.
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by timpaker(m): 10:02am On May 27, 2013
R.I.P to the fallen heros who died serving their country. go well bro.
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by venatus25(m): 10:03am On May 27, 2013
them no gree tell us why the policemen want go arrest the militia men in their community, mek them remember say na police first of all find their trouble.

Trouble the sleep una go go de wake am cry
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by jude33084(m): 10:03am On May 27, 2013
pistol: Rip to the departed.

Thank you for that,....

They said they died mysteriously

Was it by gun shot, matchet or vudoo? sad
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by Afroconnect: 10:06am On May 27, 2013
Why are the killers of these officers relaxing in peace while the families of the loved ones cry,and the security services mourn the loss of gallant colleagues-Government must enter that town called ombatse,jazz or whatever-those killers must face the law.
If this happened in a serious country,the town would have been filled with security operatives apprehending these killers.
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by Shittuakeem(m): 10:06am On May 27, 2013
my God grant the families of the deceased officers strength to carry on my sincere condolence............RIP
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by AnanseK(m): 10:08am On May 27, 2013
ckkris: Its not possible for some rural semi aboki to kill 121 armed security personnel. And when will the Army move in to give them an unforgettable Zaki Biam experience.

I thought middlebelt pagans were your friends and kinsmen?
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by ocelot2006(m): 10:12am On May 27, 2013
Pvt. Parts:
At least their customary black outfits came in handy at the funeral. grin grin grin

you, sir, are an idiot.
Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by Zonacom(m): 10:13am On May 27, 2013
RIP to the poor men who died because of the foolishness of their commanders. What happened was a case of poor intelligence gathering. A man (chief priest of a deity) tells you that you cant arrest him, and you (the police) foolishly sends your men without planing hoping to achieve a good result

6 Likes

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by jude33084(m): 10:14am On May 27, 2013
Afro connect: Why are the killers of these officers relaxing in peace while the families of the loved ones cry,and the security services mourn the loss of gallant colleagues-Government must enter that town called ombatse,jazz or whatever-those killers must face the law.
If this happened in a serious country,the town would have been filled with security operatives apprehending these killers.

The Gov of the state should be held responsible. He used those men as pawn and now we r all murning them sad

1 Like

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by Nobody: 10:25am On May 27, 2013
King George:

There must always be a pycho atlarge 2 crack jokes out of everytin,well! That's wat makes nairaland interesting.
May the souls of the Departed Heroes rest in person peace...
which heroes? D ones dat went to raze down d villages of innocent people. No rip 2 dem. Odas should learn period.

5 Likes

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by Nobody: 10:26am On May 27, 2013
see their sstupid faces, stupid directors and governor.... u sent these men to their graves... and u are here lighting candles as if u care...
explain to nigerians why more than 100 armed men were needed to arrest one man....
it was an execution order and out of the director's boot licking, he ordered his men to lead the attack.
that is why no enquiry has been set up because lots of question will come up.
rip to our security men.... but these directors do not care an inch for the lives or wellbeing of their feild operatives

3 Likes

Re: Ombatse Massacre: Funeral Service Of Slain SSS Officers. by smoothlips(m): 10:27am On May 27, 2013
Mr Aboki: [size=13pt]I dont know these fallen Policemen personally, but its hard to feel remorse for them especially as I have no love left for the Police.

Anyways, R.I.P to them cops.
[/size]
very very stupid thing to say.
these men stay awake so u can sleep, they fight silent wars so u can come out here and make noise.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Protesting Workers Lock Out Anyim Pius Anyim (SGF )over N1.2b Allowances / Aba: Generating Billions, Groaning Under Infrastructural Decay / South-West PDP Party Chairmen To Makinde: Who Cares If You Join APC?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.