Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,171 members, 7,807,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 03:08 PM

Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? (39122 Views)

Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby / Before you divorce An Adulterous Wife. / How Do You "Live" With An Adulterous Husband? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Boyemmy(m): 5:07pm On May 28, 2013
albridge: When a mans trust in his wife is betrayed by her having affairs with other men and he caught her red handed with a man on top of her should he still stay married to her or divorce her? Is there a place for christian forgiveness in such a case?
[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by yeko68: 5:07pm On May 28, 2013
Even if the man should forgive, such memory is difficult to delete and he will forever suspect every of her move so whats the point? For me i cant be intimately involved with that woman again, never.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 5:08pm On May 28, 2013
plaetton:

Big laugh.
Which adulterous woman? I do not recall ever reading about Jesus forgiving an adulterous woman. Kindly refresh my memory.
And by the way, was the woman his wife?

bukatyne:

This is what gets to me.

Whatever opinions you have, leave God, the Bible and Christianity out of it if it doesn't tally with them.

Who told you that God doesn't forgive sins? What did Jesus Christ come to do? If he doesn't, will you still be alive?
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by crispgg: 5:09pm On May 28, 2013
albridge: When a mans woman's trust in his wife her husband is betrayed by her him having affairs with other men women and he she caught her him red handed with a man woman on top of her under him should he she still stay married to her him or divorce her him? Is there a place for christian forgiveness in such a case?

Should A Wife Forgive An Adulterous Husband?

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Adanyebe(m): 5:09pm On May 28, 2013
FORGIVE OOOOOOOOO !!!!...... IF REVERSE WAS THE CASE WON'T YOU BE EXPECTING FORGIVENESS....

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Decryptor(m): 5:10pm On May 28, 2013
bukatyne:

Are you a Christian?

If yes, remember the Lord's prayer

... and forgive our trespasses as WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TREPASS AGAINST US...

If you don't forgive people who offend you, GOD WILL NOT forgive you.
Do you have a brother who is married? Is his wife pretty? PM me her phone number and facebook profile so i can woo her and slam hell outta her. I guess your brother will forgive the both of us since he attended sunday school with you!

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 5:11pm On May 28, 2013
Toks2008:

I advice you to rid yourself from this funny ideology.

A man naturally is polygamous except the one who chose to be decent in that aspect.

Ladies are expected to even remain virgins till night of the wedding so the fact that these days,things have changed does not give women the impetus to cheat on their spouse.

The physical,psychological and spiritual damage to the man's psyche will never make it easy for him to remain happy with the lady even if he forgives her especially if he caught her in the act. That picture will never ever go no matter how he tries.

On the other hand, divorcing her is no guarantee that you will get a better lady because the next lady might even be worse than the divorced wife.

My advice is that if your wife cheats on you, save yourself the stress of divorcing her if she is really sorry and repentant because some are never sorry for the shameful act.

But If you feel you really need to move on please do and get yourself another bitch but just don't go through the stress of divorce process cos she is not worth it. Let her take the walk by herself if she can't cope with you having another lady in your life. At least you saved her the shame of an adulteress divorcee

bukatyne:

This is what gets to me.

Whatever opinions you have, leave God, the Bible and Christianity out of it if it doesn't tally with them.

Who told you that God doesn't forgive sins? What did Jesus Christ come to do? If he doesn't, will you still be alive?
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Toks2008(m): 5:12pm On May 28, 2013
alutacontinua:

Waoh! The female gender has suffered in this world. SMH!

For about 12 years i have remained faithful to my wife simple because i'm a believer,i fear GOD and also respect her as well as love her so if catch her today sleeping with another man, do you expect me to still keep her as my wife? HELL NO! If as a man i restrained myself despite all these temptations moving around so why can't she do same?

Nevertheless, i will not go through teh stress of divorcing her but punish her more by getting married to another lady and i care less if the new lady is a confirmed akunakuna and leave the stress of walking away to her.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by plaetton: 5:12pm On May 28, 2013
bukatyne:

This is what gets to me.

WTF?
Who?
Is he my townsman?
Garbage.

The bible told me that god, at least the biblical one, does not forgive any sin. Just ask the Israelites.

Obviously some unforgiven people are going to hell, not so?
So For whom else is hell for?
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Davidoritse: 5:12pm On May 28, 2013
As a christain you can forgive but divorce her because she will still do it again, that thier thing wey dey in between thier legs dey sratch some of them at times, watin you don start at times to live am dey hard oooooo
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 28, 2013
idk...should a wife forgive an adulterous husband? tongue
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by thelonestranger: 5:17pm On May 28, 2013
armyofone: Yes, forgive.

The good book said: He who hath no sin should first cast the stone and the pharises left one by one.

LOL.Next time she will put a knife to your neck while you are sleeping .
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 28, 2013
bukatyne:

Are you a Christian?

If yes, remember the Lord's prayer

... and forgive our trespasses as WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TREPASS AGAINST US...

If you don't forgive people who offend you, GOD WILL NOT forgive you.
it is the same Bible that allows someone to divorse an adultrous woman
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 5:18pm On May 28, 2013
Toks2008:

For about 12 years i have remained faithful to my wife simple because i'm a believer,i fear GOD and also respect her as well as love her so if catch her today sleeping with another man, do you expect me to still keep her as my wife? HELL NO! If as a man i restrained myself despite all these temptations moving around so why can't she do same?

Nevertheless, i will not go through teh stress of divorcing her but punish her more by getting married to another lady and i care less if the new lady is a confirmed akunakuna and leave the stress of walking away to her.

If you marry another wife, whoa re you punishing?

It's like a child saying 'my parents are stingy therefore I will steal'. Who will God punish? If you carry bitterness, how does it affect her? If you don't repent before God comes/ you die, who is the greatest loser? You will end up in hell and your wife will repent and go to heaven!

You better pray to God to heal you of bitterness and live your life to the fullest. What happened to you is NOT new! I have heard of women who toiled with their hubby for many years and then the man makes it and marries a second wife and chase the first! What should the first do? commit suicide? The funny thing is that if she doesn't forgive the husband, she is going to hell.

Don't let anybody drag you to hell or ruin your life with bitterness. At the end, it's a personal race between you and GOD. He will not listen that it was Iya Sikiru or Basirat or bukatyne that offended me

4 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 5:19pm On May 28, 2013
genesisjohn: it is the same Bible that allows someone to divorse an adultrous woman

And stone an adulterous man to death! grin
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by obyrich(m): 5:19pm On May 28, 2013
Toks2008:

Not at all. That is the way it ought to be.

Let a man go into a room with 5 ladies and come out, you will see people praising him for his conquest but let a lady enter a room with 2 men and comes out,i bet she will get the most disdainful look she can ever imagine.

Lets stop all these hypochricy and face facts.
Young man, can you remember the last time you attended a traditional wedding where a woman took her parents to a man's house to marry him? Many marriages nowadays are sponsored by the woman yet it is expected and acceptable by the human society that the man should be the one taking the woman's hand in marriage and not the other way round. Marriage laws are sacrosanct. Until society approves women going to marry a man from his father's house to her father's house and still be properly integrated in the society, such acts as you mentioned above will remain scorned at.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by tunnababz(m): 5:20pm On May 28, 2013
Yeah, he should forgive!! Y not??

But only after doing wat OJ Simpson did.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by livebullet(m): 5:21pm On May 28, 2013
alutacontinua: My own problem still lies in the fact that if a man were to be caught cheating, the story changes!
Why should it be any different for any gender?

becos by nature , a man has more than 1 slot for a wife. God made it so. Women are made just 4 1 man.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by livebullet(m): 5:22pm On May 28, 2013
alutacontinua: My own problem still lies in the fact that if a man were to be caught cheating, the story changes!
Why should it be any different for any gender?

becos by nature , a man has more than 1 slot for a wife. God made it so. Each woman is made just 4 1 man.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Realtym(f): 5:22pm On May 28, 2013
plaetton:

Biggest f.... bullcrap.
Would give such stupid advise to your own brother?
That depends... wud u advise ur sista 2 forgive her adulterous husband?

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by abujalapdog(m): 5:22pm On May 28, 2013
plaetton:

Absolute garbage.
b
It is the fear of punishment should keep people from committing crimes.
If we all have a get-out-of-jail card in the form of forgiveness always in our pockets, then pray tell, what would be the incentive to living a moral life?

Why dont you tell your partner or spouse to go out and seek cheap thrills, because your have your christian forgiveness card ready to bail him or her out of the prison of accountability and personal reponsibility.

There are boundaries.
even in our criminal justice system, some crimes elicit warnings, some elicit fines, other elicit jail time and the worst gets the death sentence. And we all know that the law is impersonal.

Adultery,the violation of trust in marriage, the most intimate and sacrosanct of personal relationships, is to me , unforgivable.
Forgive at your own peril.

Now answer my question. Would you forgive?

they are potential husband killers for young lovers...i cant even have a rethink not even talking about forgiveness...i dont wish to give a second chance because the second may lead to your death..
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 5:23pm On May 28, 2013
plaetton: [/b]
WTF?
Who?
Is he my townsman?
Garbage.

The bible told me that god, at least the biblical one, does not forgive any sin. Just ask the Israelites.

Obviously some unforgiven people are going to hell, not so?
So For whom else is hell for?

If you do not understand simple concepts and are unwilling to learn,

DO NOT QUOTE ME AGAIN

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 28, 2013
livebullet:

becos by nature , a man has more than 1 slot for a wife. God made it so. Women are made just 4 1 man.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 28, 2013
Well, it all depends on the kind of woman you're married to. Some of us have long seen the 'light' as far as women go, so in some way, marriage, if it ever happens, would be a quasi-open arrangement, which makes 'forgiveness' a non-issue.

Where the real problem lies is when guys get married to the typical pretentious girl who probably denied him sex for a long time during courtship and 'forms' principled and virtuous lady all over the place. When you marry this sort of character with so much high hopes, it is impossible to overcome the disillusionment that occurs when you find out that she is no better than any random runs girl you'd meet in a club. These are the types that drive a passionate man to murder. In this csse, forgiveness is a fools' game.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by miredia(m): 5:24pm On May 28, 2013
Toks2008:

I advice you to rid yourself from this funny ideology.

A man naturally is polygamous except the one who chose to be decent in that aspect.

Ladies are expected to even remain virgins till night of the wedding so the fact that these days,things have changed does not give women the impetus to cheat on their spouse.

The physical,psychological and spiritual damage to the man's psyche will never make it easy for him to remain happy with the lady even if he forgives her especially if he caught her in the act. That picture will never ever go no matter how he tries.

On the other hand, divorcing her is no guarantee that you will get a better lady because the next lady might even be worse than the divorced wife.

My advice is that if your wife cheats on you, save yourself the stress of divorcing her if she is really sorry and repentant because some are never sorry for the shameful act.

But If you feel you really need to move on please do and get yourself another bitch but just don't go through the stress of divorce process cos she is not worth it. Let her take the walk by herself if she can't cope with you having another lady in your life. At least you saved her the shame of an adulteress divorcee.
bruv u are gonna get killed this way in a twinkle.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Toks2008(m): 5:24pm On May 28, 2013
bukatyne:

If you marry another wife, whoa re you punishing?

It's like a child saying 'my parents are stingy therefore I will steal'. Who will God punish? If you carry bitterness, how does it affect her? If you don't repent before God comes/ you die, who is the greatest loser? You will end up in hell and your wife will repent and go to heaven!

You better pray to God to heal you of bitterness and live your life to the fullest. What happened to you is NOT new! I have heard of women who toiled with their hubby for many years and then the man makes it and marries a second wife and chase the first! What should the first do? commit suicide? The funny thing is that if she doesn't forgive the husband, she is going to hell.

Don't let anybody drag you to hell or ruin your life with bitterness. At the end, it's a personal race between you and GOD. He will not listen that it was Iya Sikiru or Basirat or bukatyne that offended me

Nothing happened to me,i was simply making my notion known. Nevertheless, where did you get your assertions from.

As far as im concerned i have divorced her even without going through the stress of filing for it and getting lawyer that will even make me spend more.

I dont want to go into explaining your comments to you cos i can see you are getting it all wrong. Which hell are you talking about? when the only reason for divorce is adultery. Abeg get your facts right.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 28, 2013
*Kails*:
idk...should a wife forgive an adulterous husband? tongue
TIS A GOOD QUESTION. CAN YOU ?
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 5:25pm On May 28, 2013
livebullet:

becos by nature , a man has more than 1 slot for a wife. God made it so. Each woman is made just 4 1 man.

I am sure you are NOT referring to the GOD of Genesis.

If I recall correctly, HE made 1 Adam and 1 EVE not 2, not 3.

GEN 1:31 ... He looked at everything He made..., everything! 1 Adam, 1 Eve and saw that it was VERY good. Don't spoil the work of God through you selfishness and indiscipline.

2 Likes

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by obyrich(m): 5:26pm On May 28, 2013
bukatyne:

And stone an adulterous man to death! grin
Divorce was given as an acceptable alternative to stoning. If your spouse cheats on you and you decide to cheat back, both of you can either chose to remain in the unfaithful union or part ways. Christ did not approve stoning but he graciously approved divorce as a remedy to adultery.
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 5:27pm On May 28, 2013
Toks2008:

Nothing happened to me,i was simply making my notion known. Nevertheless, where did you get your assertions from.

As far as im concerned i have divorced her even without going through the stress of filing for it and getting lawyer that will even make me spend more.

I dont want to go into explaining your comments to you cos i can see you are getting it all wrong. Which hell are you talking about? when the only reason for divorce is adultery. Abeg get your facts right.

Lucky you then. Goodluck.

You want to know the hell I am talking about? Are you are Christian?

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by Babaji111(m): 5:28pm On May 28, 2013
[b][/b]Forgive who A betrayer? IS she out of her senses to open her "secret hole" fyaamm! for one useless man to enter? Abeg siddon there...passing
Re: Should A Husband Forgive An Adulterous Wife? by bukatyne(f): 5:30pm On May 28, 2013
obyrich:
Divorce was given as an acceptable alternative to stoning. If your spouse cheats on you and you decide to cheat back, both of you can either chose to remain in the unfaithful union or part ways. Christ did not approve stoning but he graciously approved divorce as a remedy to adultery.

I hate when people twist the Bible to suit themselves.

The Bible did not divorce as option to anything. The two punishments are in different testaments. Christ did not approve stoning but He approved divorce? You are a joker!

He was only stating the acceptable reason for divorce not approving it. There is the permissible will of God and there is the Perfect will of God.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Why Do Most People Love Their Mother More Than Father? / Lagos Pastor Divorces Wife For Sex & Food Starvation / May I Not Marry A Woman Like My Mum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.