Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,905 members, 7,802,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:07 AM

Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband (26476 Views)

''What Should I Do? My Child Steals From Everyone'' / See What A Woman Did To Save Her Child From A Fire Outbreak(photo) / When Does A Woman Conceive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by amdman: 10:02am On May 27, 2013
My child,

Its just over 31 months since that day I took the stroll down the aisle with your mummy and said our vows before God and man. Since that day, we have been waiting expectantly for you. Sometimes we wonder what is taking you so long. Sometimes we imagine its taking so long because you must be very special. Most times our hearts have remained undoubtedly sure that your coming is very close, and in fact closer than we think. But then, you do not need to keep us waiting anymore.

But don’t think we have not done our fair share of things that are believed will make you come quickly. I have been severally tested and found to be perfect, having millions of you inside me. Mummy has been severally tested too and everything is in place, no cysts, no fibroids. And we have sown seeds too, financially and otherwise. We have invested in other children and continue to do so. We have followed plethora of advice on what and what not to do. We have not allowed our expectations to metamorphose into anxiety… yet you are yet to come.

And you know what? Mummy needs you! There is just something about African culture and the African woman that has made having you a certificate of completeness. You are the very person she needs right now. She has God, she has me, but she needs you to balance the equation. She has heard how discomfiting pregnancy can be... and how much more painful labour is too. But I can tell you that she is ready to go through all of that and more just to have you. Mummy G that has a 3yr-old and a 2yr-old just gave birth another 2 months ago. Mummy T that has a 2yr+ old is already carrying another. These people live in the same compound with mummy. Infact, your uncle and aunty that married after your mummy and daddy already hold their children in their hands. Granddaddy and Grandmummy are not putting mummy under pressure. They call her from time to time to encourage her to be patient. My siblings and hers do the same too. But little by little, mummy is beginning to put herself under pressure. I am doing everything I can to help her, but I need you to help me.

And don’t think that I don’t want you too! I want you with the last drop of my blood. I love you so much my heart literally aches sometimes. Children’s day was celebrated yesterday in church and it was beautiful. My eyes were flooded with tears to see so many lovely children showcasing their talents. I know that if you were here, you would have been one of the best! Anyway, I bought some gifts for children that are needy on your behalf; so know that your name is already recorded in church!

Today is Children's Day. If you were here, I would have taken the day off work to have fun with you at Inspiration FM’s Children Day’s Carnival at Dreamworld Africana. We would have had many lovely rides and yummy ice cream together, and I would have been overwhelmed just to hear you laugh. Nothing can describe how I would feel just to hold you in my arms knowing that you are my seed become flesh.

Please do not heed all the bad news on the airwaves and think the world is bad place. Do not listen to statistics that show that Nigeria is uninhabitable. We have sworn to do all we can to make the world a beautiful place for you. You will meet many challenges, but most importantly, you would have been prepared to overcome them.

I have to stop now because am in the office and my eyes are teary again. My boss just asked what’s wrong my eyes (lol) so I have to run before they find I have been crying. But am not ashamed to cry if it will make you come quickly. I know that we will surmount any mountain to finally have you in our arms… it’s just that waiting can be so hard sometimes.

We love you as no other human can ever and will ever do.

From the best Dad you could ever have,

M

366 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by Gboliwe: 10:25am On May 27, 2013
awwwwwwwwww. This is so touching. I join my faith with dad's and mummy's and ask that you be released quickly so you come very soon. The entire generation is awaiting your coming, come for we cant wait to have you.

53 Likes

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by amdman: 10:35am On May 27, 2013
^^^Amen.

Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by abisquare(f): 10:41am On May 27, 2013
U brought tears to my aiz and I pray God answers u pray sooner dan u expected

24 Likes

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by amdman: 10:49am On May 27, 2013
^^^ Amen.

Many thanks.
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by inwangobio(m): 10:54am On May 27, 2013
@Amdman, u have just made me shed tears again, trust me i know how you feel having been there quite longer than you have been. The thing is that, we wish it could happen sometimes the way we plan it, I actually thought I could have the number of children i needed within the first seven years of my marriage so as to settle down n groom them, but it was never to be. My brother just commit your ways to God, do the needful and trust Him to fix it up for you, by His grace I will soon be a father after so many years, Come 27th May, 2014 i will be celebrating with my children by His grace. I trust God to do it for you too, it is well with you. Pls stand by your wife and encourage her, the Almighty God will visit you sooner than you could ever expect it. Bless you.

51 Likes

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by amdman: 11:09am On May 27, 2013
inwangobio: @Amdman, u have just made me shed tears again, trust me i know how you feel having been there quite longer than you have been. The thing is that, we wish it could happen sometimes the way we plan it, I actually thought I could have the number of children i needed within the first seven years of my marriage so as to settle down n groom them, but it was never to be. My brother just commit your ways to God, do the needful and trust Him to fix it up for you, by His grace I will soon be a father after so many years, Come 27th May, 2014 i will be celebrating with my children by His grace. I trust God to do it for you too, it is well with you. Pls stand by your wife and encourage her, the Almighty God will visit you sooner than you could ever expect it. Bless you.

Thank you bro. May we all always have testimonies to share.

5 Likes

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by amdman: 11:09am On May 27, 2013
bebe2: awwwww, how sweet!!

wat a lovely daddy u will make.

i bet ur baby will be so pampered.

keep the faith, u will get there sooner than u think.

i have been trying to contact u about a discussion on a previous post.

pls email or pm me

I have sent you a mail.
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by greatgod2012(f): 11:23am On May 27, 2013
Wow!!! This is really touchy, sincerely, tears were rolling down as i was scrolling down to read, what an emotional outpouring and expectation!!!

Well, the God who answered all those who were looking up to Him for the fruits of the womb will definately answer your prayers very soonest.
I want you to always remember that those children who came later are usually covenant children, they stayed longer in order to take along with them everything that will make their lives and their parent's lives better. They stayed longer to take along their good health, fame, success and parental joy over them along with them. Therefore, i join my faith with your faith and i declare that, every good things they are staying to take along, they have already taken them and they are coming to you very soonest IJN.
However, God gave us the gift of science, ensure to explore all the necessary medical and scientific explorables, in order to fasten the process. It is not lack of faith, it is putting our faith to work.
I will also like to suggest(its a suggestion, and you will have to carry mummy along )if you people can adopt a little kid, to make you have the feeling that you have a baby, while also waiting for yours, and even, when you adopt legally, the kid is yours, and that does not mean you will not have your own biological children. I know a couple who was advised to adopt a little child in order to fill that necessary gap in the family, and to the glory of God, it was the 3rd month after they adopted that the woman became pregnant, today, thay have their 2 biological children and with the adopted child, they have 3 kids now. Remember, all things work together for good to them that love God.
I pray that, by next year's children day, you will have your kids to pamper the way you wish.
My regard to mummy and always stand by her, to encourage, to exhort, to uplift, to admire and to always make her happy.
It is well.

20 Likes

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by amdman: 12:02pm On May 27, 2013
greatgod2012: Wow!!! This is really touchy, sincerely, tears were rolling down as i was scrolling down to read, what an emotional outpouring and expectation!!!

Well, the God who answered all those who were looking up to Him for the fruits of the womb will definately answer your prayers very soonest.
I want you to always remember that those children who came later are usually covenant children, they stayed longer in order to take along with them everything that will make their lives and their parent's lives better. They stayed longer to take along their good health, fame, success and parental joy over them along with them. Therefore, i join my faith with your faith and i declare that, every good things they are staying to take along, they have already taken them and they are coming to you very soonest IJN.
However, God gave us the gift of science, ensure to explore all the necessary medical and scientific explorables, in order to fasten the process. It is not lack of faith, it is putting our faith to work.
I will also like to suggest(its a suggestion, and you will have to carry mummy along )if you people can adopt a little kid, to make you have the feeling that you have a baby, while also waiting for yours, and even, when you adopt legally, the kid is yours, and that does not mean you will not have your own biological children. I know a couple who was advised to adopt a little child in order to fill that necessary gap in the family, and to the glory of God, it was the 3rd month after they adopted that the woman became pregnant, today, thay have their 2 biological children and with the adopted child, they have 3 kids now. Remember, all things work together for good to them that love God.
I pray that, by next year's children day, you will have your kids to pamper the way you wish.
My regard to mummy and always stand by her, to encourage, to exhort, to uplift, to admire and to always make her happy.
It is well.

Thank you for your many suggestions.

I believe in the efficacy of science also and we are currently working on a step by step process as advised by our Gynaecologist. We are yet to explore adoption options (mainly because we are both under 35 and still have some time to wait). But its a good one nonetheless.

5 Likes

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by greatgod2012(f): 12:46pm On May 27, 2013
amdman:

Thank you for your many suggestions.

I believe in the efficacy of science also and we are currently working on a step by step process as advised by our Gynaecologist. We are yet to explore adoption options (mainly because we are both under 35 and still have some time to wait). But its a good one nonetheless.

you are welcome.
There is time for everything and this is your time.
God will answer your prayers speedily IJN and we are all going to rejoice with you by His grace.
It is well.

1 Like

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by Nobody: 12:56pm On May 27, 2013
I stopped reading cos I can't just take it anymore.
Poster,u just talked to the maker of life thru ur unborn kid. He will do it for ur family.u r so understanding.thank u for bein there for ur wife.
When it happens,it will be like d nigerian nepa and d public.if u understand what I mean.
Let us know when it happens cos I will want to rejoice with u!

7 Likes

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by Nobody: 1:28pm On May 27, 2013
Am short of words, here am i, yelling that kids are so disturbing......May God grant your heart desires.Those that had it easier really can never understand.

6 Likes

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by bellong: 1:54pm On May 27, 2013
@Op, having had a short delay before the guy surfaced, I understand and share with your grief. Then I always take solace in this scriptural passages "... He maketh the barren to become mother of CHILDREN...." (paraphrased) and God promised the Isrealites " None of them shall be Barren.." We are the spiritual Isreal through faith in Christ Jesus.

I want to encourage you to sustain and maintain your faith, conviction and hold on God, the giver of children as recorded.... "... Children are the heritage of God..." He only makes all things beautiful in HIS TIME not our time... When it is God's time, I assure you, the seed shall surely germinate. God gave me a name for my unborn child months before my wife conceived. Cheer up brother, He will answer you speedily.

Do not let the actions/inactions of the myopic make you sorrowful. Nobody can boldly say he manufactures children, they are strictly prerogative of our maker. I join my faith with yours and declare with the unction we have from the Holy One that before the end of this year, you will share your testimony in Jesus name.

It is well with you... Be of Good cheer bro

3 Likes

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by Double27: 2:35pm On May 27, 2013
May God grant your heart desire. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by subzidi: 4:30pm On May 27, 2013
@ Amdman: This your post literally made me cry in the office today like a baby!I pray the good Lord to dry your tears and answer you speedily!The word of God in Exodus 23vs 24 shall be accomplished in your life and before the end of this year your wife shall conceieve IJN!!! Amen
This is coming from someone in the same TTC journey as you!This sunday, hubby and i could not go to church as we were just home appreciating God for what he has and yet to do for us it was sooo emotional for me.I want to appreciate you for encouraging your wife and being ther for her! This your labor of LOVE will not go in vain.
I know our God is too faithful to fail and at the appointed time he will do it!If you have not, please start exercising your faith, choose names for your children and buy a few baby stuffs and keep at home for use as point of contact for prayers!
May God give you tripplet for your trouble in the name of Jesus which is the solid rock of ages! AMEN...
God bless you and wify!!!

8 Likes

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by AmazeBalls(f): 4:51pm On May 27, 2013
No doubt this is an emotional one,may God strenghten u and ease ur path,by His grace ur babies are closer to u than u can ever imagine.ameen
I pray for all my dear sisters and brothers both on d ttc thread and in d society dt our dreams would be realised,amen
While trying u and mummy can go thru dis amazing support groups,so many testimonies
https://www.nairaland.com/318334/trying-conceive-child-ttc

https://www.nairaland.com/773873/anyone-trying-ivf-iui-icsi
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by amdman: 5:17pm On May 27, 2013
Thank you all for your prayers and support.

1 Like

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by Nobody: 5:24pm On May 27, 2013
Op, I didn't read your letter because I won't be able to handle the emotions right now but I'm sending heartfelt prayers your way.

All the best to you and to the other ttc posters on this thread.

4 Likes

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 27, 2013
It is well
*wipes eyes with a handkerchief*

Op
The lord is your strength
Your heart desires shall be granted this year IJN Amen!

1 Like

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by plezant(f): 7:09am On May 28, 2013
God will visit u and ur wife this year. None shall be barren in d land says the Lord

2 Likes

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by parismarc: 9:01am On May 28, 2013
OP,am pregnant rite now and I use myself as a point of contact to u and ur wife for the blessings of the womb,as the Lord has blessed me,may he do same and much more for u and ur wife,it shall be well,God will do it for u,pls don't lose hope,I prophesy twins in Jesus name.Amen.

26 Likes

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by Tinkybabe(f): 1:14pm On May 28, 2013
^^Amen
Very touching!Just as everyone have prayed,may you sing a new song this year in Jesus' name.

1 Like

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by nahinbdis: 6:44pm On May 28, 2013
parismarc: OP,am pregnant rite now and I use myself as a point of contact to u and ur wife for the blessings of the womb,as the Lord has blessed me,may he do same and much more for u and ur wife,it shall be well,God will do it for u,pls don't lose hope,I prophesy twins in Jesus name.Amen.

Amen!

1 Like

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by Nobody: 7:31pm On May 28, 2013
Op, what a lovely letter. Your wife is a very lucky woman and so are the children you will bear.I've prayed and I join my faith with yours and every other person who has prayed on this thread to believe you shall testify very soon!!!

God Bless you...

1 Like

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by nikkyshyne(f): 8:11pm On May 28, 2013
Amen to all the prayers..

1 Like

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by emcemayo: 1:11pm On May 29, 2013
so sweet kiss. may God meet you @ your point of need OP and everyone else
Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by Nobody: 7:58am On May 30, 2013
@op,half way into ur post,i let the tears fall freely,i understand cos am in ur shoes. but u shall surely sing a new song

1 Like

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by sholay2011(m): 8:22am On May 30, 2013
The concluding part got to me really hard. By this time next year, you would have a testimony of triplets in Jesus name!!! Amen! God be with you and madam.

2 Likes

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by Kosigift(f): 12:31pm On May 30, 2013
Tried so hard to hold back tears buh failed...
OP, pls hold on and keep blieving
it shall come to pass

1 Like

Re: Letter To My Child - From A Trying To Conceive Husband by toofine765: 12:59pm On May 30, 2013
The good Lord who hears and answers prayers will surely cause you to smile very soon.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Olatunbosun Adopts Baby, Amiyah Jenn, Abandoned By Her Dad In US (Pics) / Husband Tattoos Wifey On His Cheek (photos) / Man Dies One Month After His Wedding In Plateau State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.